ONYIYE THAT GIRL

ONYIYE THAT GIRL
CHAPTER 20

STHEMBISO JIYANE

This woman will surely be the death of her. There’s no need for her to shout her lungs out we the phone!
"Mah," the emotional blackmail. Grandmothers are geared toward feeling what their grandchildren are feeling when they interact with them. If their grandchild is smiling, they're feeling the child's joy. Probably his mother feels an insatiable longing to be with her grandkids. He sighs rubbing his face not knowing how to respond.
"I will die anytime soon and Wena you are depriving me the bond with my only grandchildren. Why Sthembiso?" She sniffs. Jesus!
"I know makoti will bring me my grandkids. It's June holidays, every child is with their families and wena….why do you hate me this much Sthembiso heh?"
He looks at the screen and swallows in shock.
"Haibo mah. We were there couple of weeks ago." He responds.
"I don't care. It was not enough for me! I want my grandkids by the end of this afternoon." The line goes dead. He is left shocked, stunned by his mother's tantrums so early in the morning.
"What is it?" Onyiye asks looking at the frozen Sthembiso.
"Haibo, that was my mum. Just because she wants her grandkids she had to include death and say she is dying. Is she blackmailing me?"
"She is. You can send the kids. Plus school is closed for me I don't mind."
"Are you sure? I mean you where there c…."
"I want my kids to have the best relationship with their family. I didn't grow up under the love and care household but will never deprive my kids from that. If she wants her grandkids- let gogo see her grandkids. Besides Ndimu loves playing with cow dung and following his grandpa around." She warmly rubs his arm and he sighs in defeat. 
"Must I put on my defence mode cause it looks like you and my mother will be always on my case?" 
"What?" She laughs not believing. "I don't know what I deserve to have a crazy man like you." 
He gets on top of her and starts tickling her. "I dare you to repeat your words woman."
He grins on top of him. 
"You didn't brush your teeth."
She tells him….
"But you love me with my stinking mouth right?" 
"No, the only breath I could ever tolerate is Ndimu's and Ngimu." She giggles covering her mouth."
"You're definitely boring. Who's girlfriend are you?" 
"Another sthuphethu that made me pregnant on my matric dance." 
He gasps and presses her on the bed. 
"You heavy move!" 
"We should go to the chemist and get those morning after pills."
"Ow shit, Sthembiso!" She has the power of pushing him off and sprints to the bathroom leaving Sthembiso in stitches.

She's drinking water and throws the pills in her mouth and gulps it down. 
"Hope it helps." She burps closing the bottle placing it on her lap. 
"It will babe. It's all your fault that I didn't last." He fastens the seat belt. Onyiye is sitting with the kids in the backseat. They had to live upon his mother's word and go home. 
"Are we still hung up on that?" She asks enjoying the city view. 
It's so weird on how she just felt comfortable around him. 
She's falling for him deeply - the more she spends time with him the more she falls for him. 
"Yes," he leans over at the backseat and kisses her lips. "I love how you look at me." 
He will never run out of compliments….

Eshowe has full of threadbare and monotonous memories. Nothing exciting at all. 
She's looking at her neighbourhood and closes her eyes trying to take all away the pain, trying not to remember. 
Sthembiso looks at her in the rear mirror….
"Small, I don't like it when you sad." He says smiling. She smiles back and winks at him blushing. 
"Okay long Tom." 
"I will catch you for that trust me." 
She smiles shaking her head and looks outside the window. 
Finally, they have arrived, they both step out of the car that Sthembiso had recently bought. It’s nothing much just a second hand car vehicle which is a NP300 Hardbody. It’s not his favourite but it’s something that will keep him for the time being till he gets a stable home for his family. His mother gasps in shock dropping every tool she has in her hands. 
"Baba!" She's a screaming in excitement, she goes the other side of the car and opens it. "Abazukulu bami." 
The excitement in her made Sthembiso swallow a bit. He smiles emotionally….
"Mama," he calls out for her. Already she is fussing over her grandkids. This will definitely be a long weekend.