I, the Original

By Not_So_Dark_One

In a world, lacking in the supernatural, he enjoys to watch and read about in his free time, our main charact... More

Disclaimer and OC Info
Chapter 1: Prologue
Chapter 2: Growing up with the Mikaelsons
Chapter 3: The Immortality Spell
Chapter 4: Always and Forever
Chapter 5: Castle de Martel
Chapter 6: Constantinople
Chapter 7: La Serenissima
Chapter 8: The Brotherhood of the Five
Interlude: Elijah
Chapter 9: Katerina: Part 1
Chapter 10: Katerina: Part 2
Chapter 11: Katerina: Part 3
Chapter 13: Back in action
Chapter 14: The Long Lost Sister
Chapter 15: Reunions
Chapter 16: Reunited
Chapter 17: Goodbye Father
Interlude: Elena
Chapter 18: Welcome to Mystic Falls
Chapter 19: The Brothers Salvatore
Chapter 20: Elijah
Epilogue

Chapter 12: The Emperor Strikes Back

4.5K 169 5
By Not_So_Dark_One

6 June 1887, New Orleans

Rebekah POV:

Fifty-two years. That is how long Klaus had left her daggered and all for her love for Marcel.

Former love. Rebekah thought. He had betrayed her.

Klaus wouldn't have hurt him, she knew. He was testing his feelings for her and at the slightest crack, they shattered like glass.

She walked about the manor they lived in like a ghost. Too angry with all of her siblings for leaving her daggered for so long. And it wasn't even the first time.

Even if it was hypocritical of her to do so, considering Cyrus, who had been right all those years ago.

Her older brother had been suffering the dagger for far longer than Rebekah had. Almost four hundred years now. Klaus had kept him daggered ever since Cyrus had helped that little trollop he had fallen for escape. She hated the girl for making her brother betray the Klaus back then.

Jealousy and spite - those were the driving emotions of the Mikaelsons.

Rebekah entered the room, she knew Klaus kept their brother in. Unlike Kol and Finn, Cyrus' coffin and belongings had morbidly taken their own room since they arrived in New Orleans. The box was laid on a massive table that stood next to the bed. She opened the lid and saw Cyrus there, all grey and withered like a corpse, the dagger in his chest the only thing that kept him there.

Her fingers caressed the dagger, wondering whether or not to let Cyrus fulfill his promise of retribution. Klaus certainly was still trying to keep his, his agents looking for the Petrova doppelganger and yet not finding her. She had to hand it to her - Katerina, no, Katherine Pierce knew how to survive. She had always been one step ahead of her brother and his lackeys were unable to return with news of her capture. Sometimes they did not return at all. Her brother's Strix still lurked in the shadows, no doubt working to undermine Klaus in his quest, loyal to their master even after so many years.

She knew Klaus was envious of that as well. The loyalty their brother inspired. And she knew that the only reason that they had not been assaulted by them was because Cyrus had instructed them to not endanger their lives. To continue their mission.

It was not for a lack of trying on their part though. Her brother's loyalists had attempted to liberate him four separate times but Klaus always managed to stop them.

It had been quiet now for over a century. As far as she knew anyways.

"Rebekah."

She turned around and bile returned to the tip of her tongue.

"Marcellus." She returned coldly.

"I..." he sounded mournful, not that she cared. "I never meant to hurt you like this. He said..."

"I do not care for your excuses, Marcel. You betrayed me to become a vampire."

"I wanted him to make me a vampire like him." He confessed. "We could still be together. I hope in time you will forgive me."

"Do not come to me with this nonsense." She raged. 'You never loved me. You betrayed me and for what? To be like Klaus."

And in her fury, Rebekah chose to lash out the best way she could. She grabbed the dagger from Cyrus' chest and removed the bloody thing, tossing it aside. Marcel panicked and rushed to get it.

"What are you doing Rebekah? You know your brother could dagger you again for this."

"You and him can both go shove it."

Marcel POV:

Damnit, Rebekah, can't you see I am doing this for your own good?

It is what he thought, not that he would ever said it. He wanted a relationship with Rebekah but did not want to disappoint Klaus either.

First though he had to correct this before Klaus found out.

Marcel picked the dagger up, but before he could react....

"Excellently put, sister of mine." A hoarse voice whispered. "Perhaps, I could help you all shove it."

"Rebekah! Look out!" Marcel shouted in warning and managed to get Rebekah behind himself before the Original Vampire, who was meant to still be desiccated, lunged at her and instead grabbed Marcel by the collar.

His skin was ashen grey, his eyes were pale yet focused, his clothes almost rags from the passage of time. There was no doubt though.

They had made a terrible mistake.

"Hello, Marcellus." Cyrus greeted with a husky voice. "I am your uncle, Cyrus. How good it is to meet you. And beside my sister no less. I must admit, this is funny."

As Cyrus cackled, Rebekah stood there in shock, as if she wasn't the one responsible for this.

"How is this possible?" She questioned at last. "How..."

"Oh, come come now, sweet sister. Is this any way to treat your brother?" Cyrus took a brief glance around him. "How long has he kept me daggered, hum?" He asked. "HOW LONG, REBEKAH?"

"You have been daggered for almost four hundred years. It is 1887." Marcel answered instead. This did little to cease the Old One's rage.

The old vampire jumped above him with an agility that a vampire, who hasn't had a lick of blood for centuries, should not possess. Cyrus grabbed Rebekah by the throat and lifted her up.

"You lot have left me to rot for four hundred years?!" He roared and before Marcel could move, Cyrus shoved Rebekah into him with such a force that it sent them both to the ground. "So much lost time. Time I could have spent with my Katerina. And all....because....of HIM!"

Cyrus lifted Rebekah back to her feet and stared into her eyes. "When you wake up, tell our brother that I shall wait for him in his precious city. Tell him not to tarry though. For I have his son."

Before Marcel could react, Rebekah's neck had been snapped and the angry Original was staring into his own eyes.

"You will obey me, Marcel, and do nothing that could anger me. And you will follow me."

Marcel lost control of his actions and followed Cyrus Mikaelson as the Original scavenged through his belongings and left the Mikaelson Mansion soon after.

Elijah POV:

"How the hell is this possible?" Niklaus roared. "How could you undagger him, sister?"

"Fuck you, Nik. You ruined everything for me again. Why should I care that you or Marcel will suffer as well?" Rebekah snapped at him. "I hope he puts his head on a spike."

"Rebekah, you do not understand." Elijah decided to intervene before his brother and sister started fighting each other again. This was the worst possible time. "Cyrus has promised retribution for what our brother did and he is more than likely to enact it here."

"I was justified, Elijah. He ruined the ritual."

"Be that as it may, he may well try to summon father here and have him destroy everything we have built in this city. And that is if he does not take to the task himself. We still have enemies here, who would gladly use the chance to fight against us."

"Just find him, witch." Niklaus addressed the witch Celestine. She had been working with them for years and was trustworthy. "It is what I am paying you for."

"I should charge extra for all the shouting." She muttered under her nose. "There." She pointed to the map, she had been using for her locator spell. "This is where he is and so is the other vampire."

"St. Louis' Cathedral?" Rebekah questioned. "What would he want to do there?"

"It would probably be packed with people." Elijah answered, having come to a grim realization. "Today is the wedding of the governor's daughter. She is supposed to marry there. And with so many guests attending, I fear our brother is planning a massacre."

They arrived in the cathedral just in time to see said massacre that had unfolded mere moments ago conclude in its bloody entirety. Marcel was holding the unlucky bride by the neck and was about to drive his fangs into her.

"Stop this, Marcel!" Klaus shouted.

"I....can't." Marcel uttered.

"He can't really do anything unless I allow him to."

They looked straight ahead and saw their brother, lounging on the altar. The blood on his clothes, which he had obviously taken from somewhere as they were not the old rags he had been in for centuries, suggested that he had partaken in this slaughter.

"Hello, oh massive disappointments of mine." Cyrus got to his feet. "Welcome to my reckoning. Isn't just so...fitting?" Klaus prepared to lunge at him, but before he could make a move, Cyrus continued. "I would not recommend this brother. Unless you want dear Marcel to stake himself."

They turned their eyes to Marcel who had produced a stake and had aimed it at his heart.

"Alright, brother. You have us all here. What do you want?"

"I want to turn back time and get the girl. Can you provide it? No, then SHUT UP ELIJAH, YOU SANCTIMONOUS FUCK!" He bellowed and then looked at Klaus. "So, brother. Was it worth it? I see you have settled again in this fine city. New Orleans. Perhaps I should burn it to the ground."

"You had it coming, brother. YOU BETRAYED ME!"

"I betrayed you? Me? I offered you a chance to do your stupid sacrifice right. I told you what you needed to do to get what you want and instead you smashed it all to bits on the floor." He chuckled darkly. "Perhaps, you were meant to fail. Perhaps it is destiny. The bastard brother indeed."

Elijah decided to put an end to this. "Brother. Please. Katerina is still out there. Klaus never managed to locate her. Go. Find her and let's live in peace. Let us put an end to this squabble once and for all. I implore you to show reason."

If looks could kill, Elijah would surely be dead as the glare that was currently piercing his eyes was truly poisonous. Cyrus grumbled to himself, but then suddenly, he smiled. Not a true smile, but one of spite and cruelty.

"Very well, brother." Cyrus smirked and lifted his arms. "I shall leave your city in peace. But first, I would like to leave you something to remember me by." Then he turned to Marcel. "Marcellus Gerard, here is my final command after which you will be freed. You shall maintain this suicidal stance until midnight. Should any of my siblings deign to leave this place, you will stake yourself. The same if anyone tries to enter this place. The slightest move from them and you will stake yourself. A single word from them and you shall stake yourself."

Cyrus jumped from the altar and straightened his coat. "You will be free at the stroke of midnight." Cyrus went for the doors, but before he left through them, he addressed Klaus one last time. "Let's see how much of your precious city is left standing once I leave it. In pieces."

Only after midnight, were we free from Cyrus's threat to Marcel's life. He knew none of us would hurt him. He knew Klaus and I cared for the boy and that Rebekah, due to her still lingering feelings for the man, would not let him die like that either. By the time Cyrus Mikaelson left New Orleans, half the city had been set ablaze and hundreds of their family's subordinates in the city were put to the death.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

PRINCESS By 𝐶.

Fanfiction

347K 7.4K 35
WHEN her brothers call her back to Mystic falls to kill the one and only Katherine Pierce, she goes not expecting to be reunited with her lost love w...
342K 6.9K 26
1864, the year Damon meets Elijah and Niklaus Mikaelson. The year he knew he loved Katherine or so he thought When both Mikaelson boys start to mess...
394K 9.7K 41
COMPLETED | EDITED in which a 700 year old vampire finds herself in a love triangle with two original vampires. tvd fanfiction [seasons 2-3] [oc × kl...
60.3K 2.5K 50
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐤𝐚𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐟. 𝐈𝐧 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐭, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭...