"Who She Loved" - (Newt&Thom...

Galing kay cloudyskies13569

[under major editing and re-drafting] Book 2 of "When She Woke Up" - The Maze Runner. Read book 1 first!!! ... Higit pa

~Playlists~
~When They Were Young~
~Janson~
~A Normal Day?~
~Escaping~
~First Day In The Scorch~
~Winston~
~A Storm Was Brewing~
~Jorge's Favorite Song~
~The Tunnels~
~Jealousy (Thomas)~
~The Girls in Maze B~
~Curing Brenda~
~Sickly~
~The Dawn (Newt)~
~Teresa's Betrayal~
~WCKD Is Evil~
~Decisions To Make, People To Save~
Next Book Is Out!

~Jorge and His Weird Radio~

525 9 6
Galing kay cloudyskies13569

"...You'd think the little part about them supposedly killing us would be the attention getter."

James Dashner, The Scorch Trials

╔══════════*.·:·.✧✦✧.·:·.*══════════╗

(other pov still)

And she was planning on it. But not immediately.

Eventually, their yelling quieted down as y/n just lay there. Each of them at a different stage of sadness. Then, Thomas places his hand on y/n's wrist, checking for a pulse.

"Woah! y/n's hands are ice-cold!" Thomas exclaims.

"After just getting struck by lightning?" Minho asks unbelievably. He reached out to touch your hand but the second he made contact his hand shoots back. "Yeah, never mind. She's freezing."

"Does she have a heartbeat though?" Newt asks worriedly. Thomas grips your wrist, searching for a spot where he can feel the pulsing of your heart.

"Yeah, she does." Everyone breathed a sigh of relief. "We need to find some sort of fire or heat source," Thomas instructed.

"Where's our med-jack? Oh right, she's dying on the floor," Minho attempts to joke. But Thomas and Newt both glare at him.

Thomas un-crouches as everyone stands up looking around now, trying to see if there is a good source of warmth nearby. Newt shone the flashlight around the old warehouse.

"Minho, help me get her up," Thomas whispers. They hoist y/n's body onto Thomas's back.

"Hey, what's that smell?" Teresa asked looking very confused. Teresa clicked on her flashlight and came face to face with a crank. Everyone yelled and she ran backward. The crank thrashed as it reached the end of its chain length and screamed with a noise that was not human. At least not anymore. There was more than just one of them though, maybe 20 or more were chained up in various places of the warehouse. Everyone clumped together in a group and y/n's body was  draped across Thomas's back in a piggyback fashion. Newt looks over, a bit jealous, and lets his head droop down, trying to hide his face.

A door opens to the right and everyone watches a short girl with a pixie haircut walk like she was walking on a runway through a bunch of those chained-up monsters. "I see you've met our guard dogs," she states blandly.

"You guys look like shit," she says. Then she sees y/n. "What happened to her?" the girl questions, her mouth slanting and her head tilting in a rough but elegant fashion.

"She tried to save me," Minho started, but got cut off.

"From?" she asks widening her eyes and giving a very annoyed look.

"Lightning. She was struck by lightning." Thomas managed to get out. Whoever the girl was, her eyes widened a fraction as she looked over the poor girl.

"Yeah, come on. We'll get her some help or something," she says nonchalantly. She gestures with her hand to follow her and wanders back through the path where the creatures couldn't reach her. At least barely...

"Unless you wanna stay here with them," she offers sarcastically. And with that comment, everybody else followed her.

When everyone enters through the sliding door, they look around in awe as if having not seen a warehouse in what... like 2 seconds? But it had lights! That was a start.

"Let's get her taken care of, yeah?" the girl says, leading them to a room with a fire pit inside.

Thomas swung y/n off of his back and laid her on his lap while resting by the fire. Soon, everyone's eyes began to droop and a peaceful veil of slumber fell over the group.

.·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙  *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .

"C'mon, keep up. Jorge wants to meet you," the strange girl said.

"Who's Jorge?" Thomas asked tiredly, with y/n still on his lap.

"You'll see. No one's come out of the scorch in a long time. You've just got him curious, and me too."

Eventually, the group gets up, albeit reluctantly. Thomas swung y/n back on his back with Minho's help again. She wasn't even stirring. It was a bad sign, but he knew she was alive since her heartbeat could be felt through the thin shirt he wore on his back.

They began the trek to an attic-like room and the whizzing and static of a radio station are heard. 'Jorge' unplugged the radio after realizing he wasn't getting much from it. He sighs as he gets up. Guards surrounded the small group.

"You ever get the feeling the whole world's against you?" Jorge inquires.

The small group looks around, uneasy.

"Oooooo," he grimaced. "What happened to her?" he asks pointing at y/n's limp body. They stayed quiet.

"Struck by lightning," the girl answers from a couch behind everyone.

"Figured, put her down!" he commands Thomas. "It's not like I can hurt her any more than she already has been."

Thomas took a step back, weighing his options. Then, Thomas gently unhooked the loose body from his back, laying the girl across the floor. Jorge looks down at the girl with pity before turning back to the group.

"Three questions; Where did you come from? Where are you going? How can I profit?" Jorge asks picking up a liquid in a glass cup.

Thomas opens his mouth to answer, glancing at Minho, as his anxiety grew.

"Don't all answer at once," Jorge says.

Thomas began to explain then, "We came from the mountains, looking for the Right Arm."

Around the group, laughter is heard but Brenda just glares and glances.

"You're looking for ghosts you mean," Jorge says before taking a drink.

"Question number two. Where did you come from?"

Minho and Thomas glance at each other again. "That's our business," Minho responds.

Jorge raises an eyebrow and then shrugs slightly. Two men grab Thomas and Minho while the rest are herded like sheep. Thomas begins to fight out of the grip, and hearing an electric sound, the girl comes in behind Thomas and scans his neck.

"What is that?!" Thomas yells.

"You were right," the girl says looking alarmed. Jorge put on his glasses and looked down at a screen which read: WCKD in big bold white letters at the top, and then a series of information on Thomas. (A/N: We'll get back to that later!)

"Right about what?" Thomas asks. "What is she talking about?"

Jorge scoffs. "I'm sorry, Hermano. Looks like you're tagged. You came from WCKD." he said with a deep menacing voice. "Which means, you're very valuable." With a glint in his eyes and a swift hand motion, the guys surrounding the group crept a little closer.

"Hang 'em up, all of them. It's not like she'll be waking up anytime soon," Jorge instructs.

.·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙  *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .

(your pov, yes yours!)

You woke up, your feet bound and hanging upside down. Someone was yelling at you for some reason.

"Y/N! Y/N!!! WAKE UP!!!"

"What do you want?" you asked, closing your eyes again. You felt so tired and all the blood was rushing to your head. Your eyes snapped back open. You screamed. You were hanging upside down suspended above how many stories, you didn't know. You flailed around for a second before hanging your arms in defeat. You weren't going anywhere anytime soon.

"y/n!" someone said happily beside you. It was Newt.

"Hi? What happened?" you asked nervously. "Why are we hanging here?!"

"You got struck by lightning," Newt explained. And before long you spun around enough to face the next person.

"THANK THE SHUCK YOU SURVIVED THAT!" Minho yells at you. "I would've basically been guilty of murder my entire life of the best person in the Glade!" he exclaimed. You just giggled at that.

You spun around some more to face... "Thomas?" It was a rhetorical question, but he still answered.

"Yeah?"

"How did we end up here?"

"Well, long story short, you got struck by lightning and passed out. I carried you to a random guy who told us we're valuable because we're from WCKD. And now we're hung up here." Your eyes widened, you looked alarmed and you felt it too. You tried to process this, but your brain felt like it was fried. Honestly probably from the lightning. Due to hanging upside down, your t-shirt slipped farther down your body. You had to tuck it into your pants to keep it up.

"Guys, what is that?" Minho asked when your exposed back was to him. Everyone craned their neck to see your back.

"What? What's on my back that's this interesting?" you asked them slightly annoyed.

"Um... y/n, what's this scar from?" Newt asked carefully.

"Scar? I don't have a scar, oh," you looked at your shoulders and hands. A red fractal pattern covered them, almost like it was mapping out your veins.

"How bad is it?" you asked.

"It's huge," Minho finally states. You shakily sighed. Great, a new scar for yourself, and a big one at that.

"It's all the way down to my hands too," you said, showing the closest person who happened to be Thomas your palms. He reached out to grab your hands, examining them himself.

"Shit, y/n. That doesn't look good," he said, still holding onto your hands.

"No joke, I think it's from the lightning," you reasoned.

"Wow, did y/n just become more of a badass than me?" Minho questioned. Thomas just laughed and you giggled at that.

"I think I did," you said, trying to keep the conversation lighthearted.

.·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙  *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .

After a while, some random dude stepped into the small area.

"Who are you?" you asked unafraid.

"My name is Jorge, nice to meet you y/n." You squinted your eyes at him but glared too.

"Enjoying the view?" he asked the rest of them.

"The hell do you want?" Thomas said.

"That is the question," Jorge teased, standing right in front of where Thomas was hanging. "My men want to sell you back to WCKD, life has taught them to think small. I'm not like that though. Something tells me that you're not either." Jorge explains.

"Is the blood rushing to my head, or is this shank not making any sense?" Minho asked lazily.

"Tell me what you know about the Right Arm," Jorge commanded.

"Thought you said they were ghosts," Newt interjected. You just let them have this conversation. You didn't feel the need to talk anyways.

"I happen to believe in ghosts," Jorge smiled at you. Newt furrowed his brows. "Especially when I hear them, chattering among the airwaves."

Jorge walked over to a lever connected to a rope. This was probably a bad thing. He was literally using his leverage of power against you to get information. "You tell me what you know, and maybe we can make a deal," he says with a stoic expression. He pointed his cane at you guys. Called it.

"We don't know much," Thomas says, shrugging upside down awkwardly. You somehow found this funny but maybe at this point, it was also the blood rushing to your head. Jorge suddenly pushed the lever and you dropped a few feet. This scared you and you almost fainted again. Everyone yelled and Thomas finally agreed to give him what he wanted.

Jorge was about to say something before one of the guys walked in, asking what was going on. He explained you guys were having a little chat before he left. He ominously grinned at Thomas telling him not to worry and that they'd supposedly "get you back to where you belong."

You did not like the sound of that one bit. Not at all.

╚══════════*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*══════════╝

1716 words

QOTD: Gold or silver?

I'd say gold but maybe that's just me? Though I also like silver!

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

24.6K 789 31
!book 2 is up now! after a few attempts on your life (yes, yours!) the ministry of magic transfers you to hogrwarts from drumstrang, same year as the...
1.8M 50.4K 35
UMBRA ❪ season one ❫ // the darkest part of a shadow COMPLETE five hargreeves x fem!reader written by funkyenderboy
20.9K 888 14
some times the start is not pretty good but when two souls falls for each other ,breaking all the restrictions of the world.. which stops you from lo...
247K 6.1K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...