Voldemort's Soft Spot.

By JillNapier

Ava Wilson has no idea she's as special as Harry Potter, she has no idea who her father is or why she feel a... More

Prologue
Chapter 1, year one
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
YEAR 2, chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Year 3 Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Year 4 chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Year 5 Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Year 6 chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 7

22.1K 475 88
By JillNapier

Ok so I havent been able to upload last week cuz I was on vacation at hogwarts :) oh yes you heard me lol I went to hogwarts!!

Well I have decided to change the character of Ava from Vanessa Hudgens to Selena Gomez, It just seemed right. I want to say thank you to GummyBearGleeks for agreeing with me on her character lol.

I hope you enjoy the story :)

The picture to the side is as close to what I thought Black Manor should look like.

DISCLAIMER: the content in this story does not belong to me, it belongs to J.K. Rowling. This is just my version of what she has already come up with.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 7

It was the morning of the big Quidditch match against Slytherin house. Everyone was excited and dressed in their house's colors to show house spirit.

I sat with my friends at breakfast giving Harry reassuring smiles. He's a little nervous, it was after all his first game.

Harry was just staring down at his untouched plate of food and saying nothing.

" Harry, you really should eat. You have a game later." Hermione urged.

" I'm not hungry." Harry said with a small hint of frustration.

We heard footsteps come up behind us to see Professor Snape and all his batlike glory. Snape looked uninterestedly down at Harry.

" Good luck today Potter. Then again, now that you've proven yourself against a troll, a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you, even if it is against Slytherin." He said lazily, then limped off. It would have been more dramatic if he wasn't limping.

We watched as Snape limped away. No doubt that it was from being bitten yesterday by that terrifying three headed beast.

I was suprised to hear Harry say " That explains the blood."

I gave him a bewildered look. Excuse me? Does he know something?

I started to listen to my friends intently.

" Blood?" Hermione said sounding confused.

" Yes, I'm guessing yesterday Snape let the troll in as a diversion as he snook up to the third floor to the dog, but he got bitten. Thats why he's limping."

"Why would he want to go near that dog?" Hermione asked perplexed.

" He wants what the dogs guarding...." Harry continued on.

I listened to my friends talking about their ideas of whats going on. They were way off. Ron even suggested that Dumbledore was breeding dragons secretly in the school to gain the school extra galleons. It was a ridiculous suggestion.

It wasn't Snape... but I can't blame them... Quirrel plays his part well, no one would ever suspect a fearful, stuttering professor.

I sighed and took another sip of my pumpkin juice and looked up.

"Hey Harry look!" I said after I swallowed my sip.

Harry looked up to see his owl Hedwig carrying a long package toward him.

" I wonder what that could be." I mused.

Harry stood up and caught his package and layed it on the table.

"Well open it Harry!" Ron urged.

Harry opened the package to see a Nimbus 2000, a broomstick.

We all gawked at the magnificent broom.

" Who...?" Harry mused

I saw him look up at the teachers table and smile.

Oliver Wood came up to us after we ate and took Harry and the rest of his team to the field to get ready for the match.

Ron, Hermione and I decided to head down to the pitch and wait for the game to start. We walked through lots of people trying to get good spots to view the field. We found our spot beside Hagrid and waited excitedly for the match to start.

I was a little worried for Harry, I hope his first game turns out good. Why couldn't they have been against Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff? I hear Slytherin plays really dirty. It's not that I don't have faith in Harry to do good I just worry about him. He's my best friend.

Suddenly I heard Lee Jordans voice through a speaker commentating about the game. Everyone cheered in excitement.

This is my first time watching Quidditch! I almost squeled in happiness. Yes, I know. I'm easily entertained.

My eyes were on Harry as he flew in on his new Nimbus 2000, with the rest of the team. I watched as Madam Hooch threw the quaffle and the game was on. I watched as Gryffindor made the first 10 points and cheered along with the other Gryffindor fans. I giggled as a Slytherin named Flint misses when he threw the quaffle at the goal hoops.

" GO OLIVER!!" we cheered when he saved the goal.

Gryffindor quickly scored another 10 points and everyone was getting excited. I hope we win! What am I talking about?? Of course we'll win!

Flint took another aim for the goal and missed again. I could see the anger and annoyance shining on his face. I smelled trouble, this can't be good. Oliver just threw a cocky smirk at Flint that said 'Oh yea u will not get a quaffle through while I'm here.'

I think Flint knew that too because a few minutes later he took a beaters bat and aimed a bludger at Oliver. Oliver got hit and spiraled down to the ground. I think he was knocked unconcious.

All the Gryffindor fans booed and protested while the Slytherins cheered and applauded.

The rest of the game got worse from there, Slytherin made goals while they took down our players one by one.

All the Gryffindors groaned and protested.

Suddenly Hagrid behind us looked up into the sky with his binoculars and said " Oi! Something's wrong with Harry's broomstick!"

I jerked my head upward and stared in horror as Harry's broomstick jerked him around like a rag doll. It almost looked like he was on a bull. Hermione and Ron stared blankly at Harry for a moment before Hermione looked over the audience to find any foul play. I searched too, and looked for Quirrel. As I suspected Quirrel was staring unblinkily at Harry with his hand touching. I had to do something.

"It's Snape!!" Hermione yell whispered.

" What do we do!" Ron panicked

" Leave it to me!" Hermione said as she made her way to Snape.

I had to do something, It wasn't Snape. What do I do?? Ah- ha, I got it!!

" I have to pee!!!" I yelled in Ron's face as an excuse to get away.

  I ran in the direction Hermione did and made sure she didn't notice my presence. I saw her standing under where Snap was sitting and caught his cloak on fire. I hid my giggles and stared at Quirrel trying to figure out what I should do to protect Harry. How do I distract Quirrel?

I walked briskly up to a stray professor sitting beside Quirrel and concentrated really hard on what I was doing. I cannot be seen, I could get in alot of trouble for this. I reached out and pushed the professor as hard as I could and watched as he toppled onto Quirrel making him fall and successfully stop whatever he was doing that was making Harry's broom jerk.

I looked up at the sky to see if Harry was ok. Fortunately he was and was chasing after what I suspect would be the snitch.

" What the...???" the professor I pushed said confusedly.

I froze and stared at the professor with wide eyes, man i really should have ran, then checked on Harry. But the professor couldn't see me. The professor looked at the area I was at and acted like he couldn't see me.

I looked down at myself and gasped. I was invisible. Of course, why am I surprised. I slowly backed up and hid somewhere to see if I could become visible. It took me a good 5 minutes to get me visible. I was panting from the energy it took. It was alot easier to turn invisible than it is to become visible that's for sure.

I made my way back to Ron and Hermione who was watching the match. When I walked up Ron looked at me and smirked.

" That was a long pee." he started to laugh.

Guys are so immature. I hit his arm playfully and said

" Shutup Ronald."

Hermione giggled and said " Um the bathrooms are that way." she said pointing in the opposite direction of where I came from. I paled a little bit and Ron started cracking up.

"Where did you use the bathroom?? haha!!" Ron laughed.

"I guess I took the long way." I said nervously

Hermione looked at me skeptically and was about to say something but I distracted her by pointing at the Quidditch field to where Harry was standing on his broom.

I watched as Harry toppled off his broom and landed on the ground. He got up and it looked like he was about to throw up.

I heard Hermione gasp.

But I could hear Harry in my thoughts, He was cheering.

"I caught the snitch!! I caught the snitch!! I did it Ava! I did it!!"

 I could hear the happiness radiating through his thoughts. I couldn't help but smile hugely.

Ron gave me a wierd look. I bet it looked like he was about to be sick and im here smiling like an idiot eager to watch.

Harry coughed up the snitch and he held it up for everyone to see.

Gryffindor won.

The Gryffindors cheered and hugged each other. You could just feel the euphoria in the atmosphere. Everyone was releasing their joy by jumping by screaming and yelling and even by slapping their tummy in rare cases.

After the match Ron, Hermione and I waited for Harry so we could congradulate him, when we caught up with him.

" Harry! Congradulations!!" I yelled as I ran to him and hugged him.

I heard a few wolf calls and I swore I saw a head of white hair quickly walk off, but I payed no attention to them. This was Harry's special time.

Harry smiled at me and went to recieve a hug from Hermione.

Ron slapped Harry on the back and said. " Nice one, mate."

Hermione wasted no time in telling Harry about how 'Snape was jinxing his broom'.

" I think we need to tell Hagrid about this." Harry said.

I was against this, but I followed my friends around until we found Hagrid walking toward his house.

" Hagrid!"

Harry started to tell Hagrid about his suspicions about Snape. I stood quietly off to the side soaking up everything they were saying.

" Now why would Snape try to jinx Harry's broom?" Hagrid said disbelieving.

" I don't know, why was he trying to get passed the three headed dog on Halloween?" Harry said back.

" Who told you about Fluffy??" Hagrid said appalled.

"Fluffy?" Ron said disbelievingly.

"That thing has a name?" Hermione asked.

" Yes, he's mine. I bought him last year. I loaned him to Dumbledore to guard the..." Hagrid started

"yes??"  Harry urged.

" I shouldn't have said that. Now listen here kids, your meddling in things that ought not to be meddled in. This is strictly between Professor Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel."

My friends all shared an interested look.

"Nicholas Flamel?" Harry repeated.

" I shouldn't have said that." Hagrid said regretfully and walked off.

" Nicholas Flamel, who's Nicholas Flamel?" Harry asked.

" I don't know." Ron said

" You know what this means?" Hermione asked.

"We check the library." Harry and Ron said.

"Exactly." Hermione said.

Hermione made us search for 3 weeks on a book for Nicholas Flamel but we came up with nothing, of course I already knew everything I needed to know and I was not going to tell them about the book for some reason, I just felt like I shouldn't. I didn't want my friends to get involved in any of this. I should be doing this alone. Besides, they think the person after the stone is Snape, and that's the wrong person.

In no time it was Christmas and people were packing up to go home for the holidays, including me. Luckily. Hermione gave Harry and Ron homework to go look in the resticted section in the library for Nicholas Flamel. Poor guys.

Hermione and I were heading to the Hogwarts express to go home. We got on board and got into an empty compartment and talked excitedly about Christmas and about seeing our families. When we arrived at our stop. I waved goodbye to Hermione and made my way over to my mom and Sirius.

Sirius ran over to me and swooped me up into his arms and spun me around.

" How's Hogwarts shortie??" he asked as he put me down so my mom could hug me.

" It's amazing there." I smiled

" How about we take you home and make some hot chocolate." My mom smiled down at me.

" That works for me." I smiled back

My mom took my hand and Sirius took my other hand and we apparated to Black manor. My home. I ran up the driveway and into the manor. I jumped onto the couch and layed down feeling content. My mom and Sirius quickly followed and sat down with me demanding me to tell them abolutely everything that has been going on.

I didn't tell them about Quirrel or the Sorcerer's stone I just told them about the drama between the Slytherins and Gryffindors, how amazing my friends are, which classes I liked the most. You know the usual normal stuff.

Eventually their interrogation was over and Sirius went to go take a nap. My mom and I were officially alone now. I watched as my mom read one of her favorite novels. I watched her for a little while deciding if I should talk to her about... dad.

My mom eventually felt my eyes watching her and she looked up and closed her book. She tilted her head and  asked " Is there something wrong, Ava?"

I stood up and walked over and sat beside her on the loveseat. I paused for a moment thinking of how to word it.

"I know who he is mom." I said staring into her eyes.

My mom sat up straighter and paled.

" know who whom is?" She asked quietly.

" My father." I said emotionlessly

My moms eyes got a tiny bit wider but she maintained her composure and looked away from me and said " Who is he then."

" Voldemort." I said without hesitation.

My mom gasped and dropped her book. She stared at me for the longest time.

" How did you find out?" She said so quiet, I had to strain to hear her.

" It wasn't hard. All my teachers would stare at me, I have wierd, strong powers, and there's a picture of a boy named Tom Riddle in the trophy room who looks just like me.... and Tom Riddle is Lord Voldemort." I finished

My mom stared at me, I could see tears reach her eyes and she quickly wiped them away and let out a shakey breath.

" I bet you wonder why I was with him." my mom said emotionlessly.

" Yes." I said

" He took me away from my home, Ava. He took an interest in me first. But I can't pretend I didn't love him. Don't get me wrong... I hated what he did, the murdering, the torturing, the coldness, it was all too much to bear. When I had you though, my feelings for him changed abruptly. I hated the thought of him raising you to be like him, or of you having to watch everything I did. Don't think so harsh of me, Ava. I was only human. A stupid girl who fell in love with a monster." My mother said with silent tears falling.

I looked away from her and wanted to ask more questions but someone else did.

" Why didn't you tell me." he asked harshly.

My mom spun around and choked on a sob and said " Sirius, please understand where I'm coming from! It's not something I'm proud of, falling in love with the dark lord. I never wanted to think about it again. It's a dark stain on my life that will never go away. I try to forget it as best as I can." My mom  pleaded with Sirius.

" Clara you married me! Don't you think I have a right to know if you were once apart of the dark lords inner circle?? I can't believe you never told me that she is his daughter!" He said icily.

" Sirius, I swore to never bring it up again." My mom cried."

" Clara I love you, we are supposed to trust each other with these things, how do I know your not hiding anything else from me. How can I trust you?"

" Thats the only secret I've ever kept from you and anyone else!" My mom said.

Sirius exhaled and said " Don't you think this is something we should tell Dumbledore?" he said calmer now.

" No, it's too embarressing." My mom pleaded.

In a way I was a little offended. Its embarressing, I mean don't get me wrong I would be embarressed to but would I if he gave me a child? Does she regret having me? Would she take it all back, even if it meant not having me? I found myself with silent tears.

Sirius walked over to me and hugged me and apologized for blowing up like that in front of me.

" Ava whats wrong?" he asked when I didn't stop crying.

I felt like a baby crying about this, but wouldn't you too if your life changed so drastically with this information?

I looked my mom in the eyes and asked " Does that mean you would take it all back? Even if that meant losing me? Are you embarressed by me too?" I asked

My mom cried a little more and said " No honey no! I love you, I wouldn't take anything back he gave me you. I would never be embarressed of you either, honey, don't worry about that. You were the one that made me have the strength to leave."

My mom hugged me long and hard and whispered soothing words in my ear that calmed me down. Sirius ended up picking me up and sat me down on his lap with my mom beside him. My mom shared her expiriances with my father with us and I quietly fell asleep on Sirius's lap.

The rest of Christmas Break went by Voldemort free and tear free. We didn't speak of anything that happened on our first day of break anymore after that, it was almost like it never happened.

For Christmas I got a sweater with an A on it and a box of homemade cauldron cakes from Ron, A very long christmas wishes letter from Harry ( his aunt and uncle won't take the poor guy anywhere, especially to buy stuff ), A book of extremely advanced magic from Hermione ( probably because I made fire in class or flew without a broom, you know, it's just a guess."

Before I knew it I was on my way back to Hogwarts. I sat with Hermione again on the train and we talked about our breaks and wondered what the boys had found out about Nicholas Flamel. Apparently they found nothing.

A few days after school started back again Hermione was getting particularly annoyed with not finding out who Nicholas Flamel was.

" Ugh!" hermione said " It's like he doesn't exist!"

" Sorry, we tried looking." Ron said offering Harry a chocolate frog

Harry accepted and ate it and looked at the card inside. He read the back of the card and choked on his chocolate frog. Ron beat his back to clear his throat.

" Nicholas Flamel! I found him!" Harry said excitedly.

We read the back of the card and Hermione smiled and she said " Follow me!"

We ran after Hermione to the Library and She ran to a book in one of the shelves without hesitation. She flipped it open and I saw it was the same book I got the information of the Sorcerer's stone from. They have found it.

Hermione reread the words I read weeks back and they realized Fluffy was guarding the Sorcerers Stone.

" Thats what the dog is guarding! Thats what Snape wants... the Sorcerer's stone!" Harry said excitedly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 4.8K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
9.4M 307K 52
"you're all mine; the hair, the lips, the body, it's all mine." highest previous rankings: - #1 in jimin - #1 in pjm - #1 in btsfanfic cover by: @T...
147K 2.8K 31
In the whirlwind world of basketball and broken promises, Nailea finds herself at a crossroads as she prepares to transfer to the same college as Pai...
823K 38.1K 60
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...