A Pittsburgh Penguins Love St...

By Mal8787

Malana is a regular college student. She and her three best friends are having the time of there lives living... More

A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 2
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story Characters
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 3
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 4
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 5
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 6
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 7
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 8
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 10
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 11
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 12
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 14
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 15
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 16
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 17
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 18
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 19
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 20
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 21
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 22
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 23
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 24
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 25
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 26
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 27
Author's Note

A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 9

1.9K 14 1
By Mal8787

Mel and Geno had agreed to going out to eat. Mel and I were going to introduce the guys to one of our favorite restaurants- Ichibans. It's this really cool Japanese restaurant where they cook the food on this big grill right in front of you. The food choices weren't the greatest but the atmosphere was really cool. Plus it's a bonus for Sid and me that the food was a lot like our favorite-chinese. Geno also likes his soup which they have plenty of.

It was now 4:00 and Mel and I were getting ready. I had picked out our outfits like always. ( http://www.polyvore.com/double_date/set?id=27643014 ). The guys were given distinct directions to wear suits and be here by 5:00. I was ready at about a quarter till 5 and being who I was I went downstairs and turned on a hockey game. Mel was ready about 10 minutes later. The guys showed up right on time. Mel and I were so into the game we didn't hear each of their cars pull in. They didn't bother to knock and just walked right in.

"Are you girls ready?" Sid asked wrapping his arms around my neck from behind while I was sitting on the couch. This made me blush. I would never be use to him.

"Yep," I said grabbing my coat and purse.

We left, Mel and Geno in his car, and Sid and me in his. We normally would have rode together, but considering once we ate we would be going to two separate houses, that weren't anywhere near each other, it would be pointless. The drive would take a while, so I started a conversation that I had been wondering about for a while.

"So, I'm curious..." I started.

"About?" he said glancing at me then back at the rode.

"By the way you and your teammates talk, and just purely assuming on my part, I thought you'd be more guarded you know. Like, I thought it would be harder for you to trust me. I can't imagine you just ask ever girl you see out on a date. I mean that has the potential to be all over the tabloids, facebook, and that sort of thing." I rambled.

"I never really have dated all that much. Like you said I had to be guarded, which I was. I was always worried that if I even looked at a girl she would assume we're dating and tell everyone. I was sort of surprised with myself when I did ask you out. It was sort of a shot in the dark. I'm not really sure why I did it. For the first week we had known each other I was worried you would start telling the tabloid lies about us. The more I got to know you the more I knew you wouldn't do that though. I'm so glad I that I did open up so fast with you. I don't think we'd be where we are if I didn't," he smiled at me. I thought that through.

"How do you do it?" I asked before I even thought about it. This question was my biggest.

"Do what?"

"How do you hear all those lies, and stories about yourself? How can you let people attack not only your skills but you as a person? It's not fair. I mean you worked every single day of your life. While your friends were out having the time of their lives, you were practicing. While kids, myself included, sat around watching tv, going to high school football games, and shopping, and movies, you were working like someone in their thirdies trying to get to your dream. While kid's sat at home with their mummy and daddy eating home cooked meals and still hating their parents guts, you lived hundred of miles away from yours. You had pressure on you from an entire country. The greatest hockey player in history said you could beat his records. There was media and fans in your face all your life. One mistake and everyone would know. You had to be perfect and you were. You worked hard enough to save not only a franchise but an entire sport, and people absolutely hate you for it. How can you take that? How do you not just break? I mean look what your country did to you. You had the Golden Goal. You won the gold medal for your country and not 4 months later everyone mocked you and everyone was pissed at you because you wanted to rest instead of playing in the World Championships. How do you take that?" I was rambling, but I just I was mad and upset. I was almost crying. Sidney sighed not taking his eyes off the road.

Finally he looked at me. I saw that pain that had been building up for years. "You don't deal with it. You put on a happy face, and try to forget. You pretend yyou'renot who they're talking about. It's hard. When people say I'm over-rated it hurts more than I ever thought possible. Especially when they're right. After my rookie year, for a couple years I wasn't doing what I should have been doing. Even when we won the cup, it wasn't because of me, that was all Geno. I have to work hard. I know I wasn't born with the natural talent that OV, and Geno, and Stamkos were. I have to work my ass off just to get to their level. It's almost impossible for me to do better. It's really hard when there's so many articles saying I'm 'basking in the glow of my stardom'. I don't want my fans to think that's who I am. I don't want people to think I'm just another guy in sports who thinks I'm intitled to everything. I'm not intitled to anything and I know that. I'm a lucky guy, God's given me so much. I get to do what I love to do everyday. I'm in a career where everyone knows my name. Do I deserve that? Not really. This is my career just as much as being a doctor is your mothers. Everyone was born with a gift, mine just happens to be a more publised gift."

"I love you Sid," this person in front of me was amazing. There's no other person out ttheirlike him. I couldn't understand how he was created. How could someone just be so good? How could someone, just not let their ego get in the way of their focus? One things for sure, there will never be another Sidney Patrick Crosby and I will never love anyone more.

He glanced at me again, "I love you Mal."

--At the restaurant--

Mel and Geno met us in the parking lot. We all started off towards the front door. We had made reservations and were seated the moment we walked in the door. We all ordered and the chef began to prepare our food. We were all talking and having a good time. I was really enjoying spending time with my friends. The night was full of inside jokes and just all around fun moments.

At one point Geno's phone buzzed. "Message from Oksana," it said in the computerised voice. Geno ignored the text and put his phone on silent. Mel looked down at the table, with sad eyes. I knew it was hard for her to pretend to be ok with the fact that they're still friends. No one could blame her for being hurt. I was disappointed in Geno for not trying to make the situation better.

We all silently agreed to ignore the text, but the night was different. Everyone was slightly less talkative. When we finished dinner we said out goodbyes and left.

Sid stayed at my house again. I knew it would be weird when he went on road trips. I was used to his warm breath on the back of my neck, and the feel of his chest touching my cheek. We hadn't spent a night apart in almost three weeks, and it was beginning to become routine. I was very happy about this. Sidney's obviously a creature of habit. It's not easy to make him change how he does things. He likes ruitine, and I was slowly becoming part of that. I wasn't sure what would happen once he started to play again, but I hoped this habit was kept.

I was half asleep, and thought Sid was sleeping, when he brushed his finger tips over my cheek, "Number 26, this. How you can just lay here half asleep with me."

"I love you Sid."

--Wednesday (Jan. 26th)--

I had finally found some time to catch up on school work. Sidney had to go get more tests done. It was almost 3:00 and he had been gone since 11:00, so I expected him back at any second. Perfect timing because I had just finished writing my last research paper. I was stapling it when I heard the door slam. I turned around to see Sidney run into the room. He spun me around and then set me down with a big grin on his face. I had no idea what was going on but I was freakin excited.

"I was cleared. I can exercise again!! I can't practice, BUT I'm getting closer," he said all sing-songy. It never failed to make me laugh when he used that tone, he was such a terrible singer. "Oh, and I have to run out to my new place to check out some of the renovations. Wanna come?!"

"Heck ya!" I hadn't seen the house Sid had bought yet so I'm pretty stocked.

--At Sid's House--

(The house in the story-- http://www.trulia.com/property/3027521540-102-Fair-Acres-Dr-Sewickley-PA-15143 ) (Author's note- No this is not Sidney's house, nor is it even on the same street. They are both in Sewickly which is about the only thing I really know about Sid's house. I know the street which is about as far as it goes to knowing his actual house. There's no pictures of the outside let alone the inside of his actual house so I just picked a different house in the area. I'm glad I found this one though because I am completely in love with it. If I do not own it someday there will definitaly be tears:'(. Lol)

The driveway we pulled into was right down the street form Lemieux. The drive way was paved with a tan cement. The house was beautiful (Picture 1). I was definitely my style arcitectulary. It was a pretty tan with brick, and a lot of triangular shapes, giving it a very modern contemperate feel. There were some trees planted out front adding caracter with little up keep, which is perfect for Sid because he hates gardening, which I can't say I don't agree with him. The right side of the front yard had a section with granite rock which again gave the house more personality. The front also had a lot of windows, which I personally loved. We drove down past the house into a three car garage that looked to be attached to the basement. Sidney parked and we got out. We went in a door inside the garage. From the garage we walked into a finished basement/ guest suite. Sidney told me this would be his parents appartment when they came to visit which was perfect. The main room looked to be a game room, and connected to it was a kitchen (Picture 14). Sidney hadn't decorated much. Off of the game room was three doors. Sidney showed me the first one lead to a large bedroom (Picture 15). The second to a finished bathroom that also had a door to the bedroom. The third was a sauna which I was absolutely thrilled about. I would definitely be visting all the time. We then went up the stairs, to the first floor. The stairs lead straight to the entry room (Picture 2 & 3). The stairs were slightly hidden from the front door because it was sectioned off beside a huge closet. The walls were white, but it didn't look unfinished, it looked like they purpusely styled it this way. The entryroom was ginormous and the arcitecture was just as amazing inside. From the entry room we walked into a huge family room (Picture 4 & 5). One wall was covered in windows and there were a few chairs. From there we walked into the dining room (Picture 6) which was beside the kitchen (Picture 7). The kitchen had a nice island and a breakfast nook that had a great view (Picture 8). Also though one door was a gingantic pantry to store all of Sid's peanut butter. Then we entered the living room (Picture 9). I was admiring the architecture when I noticed an amzing piano in the corner (Picture 10). I quielty walked over and sat on the stool.

"Ya that was here when I bought the place. I don't play obviously but it looked to perfect there just to get ride of it. Plus I have this girlfriend who plays piano," he smirked. I smiled up at him.

I got up and we continued on the tour. Off of the living room was a half bath. We next walked into the den (Picture 13). Finally we went up to the top floor. The first door was a large game room. Sidney didn't have much in here yet but I knew in time it would turn into every teenage boys heaven. The next door was a bedroom, which had its own bathroom. The next three doors were the same except two of the bedrooms shared a bathroom. So far the house had 5 bedrooms and 4 and a half baths that we'd seen (counting the basement). The very next door was a laundry room. Finally the last room was the master bedroom (Picture 11). It was enormous. There was a beautiful fireplace and great view. Off of that was a walk in closet, big enough for two stores to happily put their spring collections in, and a bathroom (Picture 12). The bathroom had an amazing marble tube.

"So I might sneak over and use that tub when you're away," I laughed completely serious.

"Fine, just don't use all my bubble-bath," he wined.

We went back downstairs to see the backyard (Picture 16). Right now it was covered in snow, but it was still amazing. There was a patio, which I could picture Sid out on, grilling for all his friends in the fall (Picture 17). The yard was really, really big. It would be a great place for kids to sled ride in the winter or play catch in the summer.

"For the flat area right here I'm getting a pool. It would be cool if there was a way to cover it in the winter and put ice on top to," Sid explained smiling. "The big yard will be really nice when I have kids someday."

"When YOU have kids someday? Plannin on doin that all by yourself are ya?" I laughed.

"Once the babies are out the bum what are women needed for anyway?" He laughed back.

"Um... breast feeding?" I pointed out.

"Oh, didn't think of that," he smirked.

"Of, course you wouldn't cause the women have to do that shit by themself" I screamed, jokingly.

"I'm sorry!! Would you breast feed my babies?" he joked. What an awkward thing to say to somebody. Sidney would say it to, just to see me blush.

"If they're mine," I laughed. Sid and I have never really discussed kids, serious or joking wise. We'd only been dating for three weeks. I really did feel like it was longer though. I can't explain it. It just feels like we've been dating a long time.

Sidney was standing behind my back with his arms around me and his head on my shoulder, "What if WE do have kids someday? I mean do you see that happening with us."

"Ya... Ya I do," I blushed. I wasn't the type of girl who imagined myself marrying every boyfriend I had. Before Sidney, I hadn't done that at all. I hadn't really done that with Sidney either until he mentioned it. Once he mentioned it though I saw everything shaping out in front of me. From the wedding to the 3 little kids we'd have running around. Sidney and I standing in this same position watching our kids playing in the snow. Sidney and I taking Stanley to Cole Harbor. Sidney and I celebrating our kids birthdays. Sidney and I with all our friends having a party on this patio.

We stood in silence for a while, both of us pondering the future. It was beginning to get fairly cold so we silently went back inside.

"So, you like the house then?" Sid said breaking the long enduring comfortable silence.

"It's amazing. I'm completely blown away. It has everything, and the architecture I mean wow."

"I'm glad you like it," he grinned.

"I love it," I exclaimed.

"I love you," he stated.

"I love you to Sid."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

281K 2.4K 61
Clair isn't just your average girl. She's moved to Pittsburgh to start a new life all her own. But when she finds herself in love with Sidney Crosby...
8.1K 176 38
With her nose in books and his brawn getting him nowhere on or off the ice, they find themselves drawn together, sharing their baggage and behaving b...
4.4K 65 37
One day there was a girl named Joanna. She is a huge Pittsburgh Penguins fan. She is a girl that is madly in love with Sidney Crosby! Sidney Crosby h...
4.7K 37 24
Embry is the sister of the soon to be great "Winston Dehook". When she's not being challenged enough at her hometown school, her parents suddenly pac...