More than Friends | (Fred Wea...

By ynhpstories

You've been best friends with Fred and George Weasley and Lee Jordan since First Year even if it is in a unex... More

Chapter 1. The Burrow
Chapter 2: Chaos at Kings Cross
Chapter 3: The Sorting Ceremony
Chapter 4: Dumbledore's Speech
Chapter 5: The first day
Chapter 6: The Ageing Potion
Chapter 7: The Other Two Schools
Chapter 8: The Secret Sleepover
Chapter 9: Entering the Tournament
Chapter 10: The Triwizard Chamions
Chapter 11: The First Task
Chapter 12: Lies
Chapter 13: Dancing Lessons
Chapter 14: Dates?
Chapter 15: Hogsmeade
Chapter 16: The Yule Ball
Chapter 17: Christmas
Chapter 18: The Question
Chapter 19: The Second Task
Chapter 20: Amortentia
Chapter 21: The Twins Chaotic Birthday
Chapter 22: The Third Task
Chapter 23: Back To The Burrow
Chapter 24: Bill and Charlie
Chapter 25: Birthday At The Burrow
Chapter 26: 12 Grimmauld Place
Chapter 27: Sirius Black
Chapter 28: The Order Of The Phoenix
Chapter 29: The Dementor Attack
Chapter 30: Back To Hogwarts
Chapter 31: Dumbledore's Interuption
Chapter 32: Dolores Umbridge
Chapter 33: Detention
Chapter 34: McGonagall vs Umbridge
Chapter 35: The Hogs Head
Chapter 36: Dumbledore's Army
Chapter 37: Attack On Arthur Weasley
Chapter 38: St Mungo's
Chapter 39: Veritaserum
Chapter 40: Chritmas Shopping
Chapter 41: Christmas Day
Chapter 42: Azkaban Breakout
Chapter 43: Quiddich Ban
Chapter 44: Quiddich Tryouts
Chapter 45: First Quiddich Match
Chapter 46: Patronus
Chapter 47: The Twins Grand Escape
Chapter 48: NEWTS
Chapter 49: Saying Goodbye
Chapter 50: Weasley's Wizard Wheezes
Chapter 51: Results
Chapter 52: Letter From The Ministry
Chapter 53: Ministry Interview
Chapter 54: A Reply
Chapter 55: First Lesson
Chapter 56: A Test.
Chapter 57: Tough News
Announcement!
Chapter 58: News Over Tea
Chapter 59: Confessions
Chapter 60: The Battle Of The Astronomy Tower
Chapter 61: Another Scan
Chapter 62: The Funeral
Chapter 63: The Battle of Eight Potters
Chapter 64: Miracles
Chapter 65: The Wedding
Chapter 66: Trouble At The Ministry
Chapter 67: Cooped up alone
Chapter 68: Bloody Injuries and Broken Hearts
Chapter 69: A Surprisingly Calm Christmas
Chapter 70: Two New Arrivals
Chapter 71: Bringing them Home
Chapter 72: Sleepless Nights
Chapter: 73: A Fast Escape
Chapter 74: Home Away From Home
Chapter 76: The Battle Of Hogwarts
Chapter 77: The Fall
Chapter 78: The Reunion and the Goodbye
Chapter 79: The Dress and The Suit
Chapter 80: Thirteen Years Later
The End!

Chapter 75: The Letter and The Castle

773 13 15
By ynhpstories

•Y/n's POV•

The weeks soon went by quickly, James and Oliver are nearly four months old, they are able to turn them selves over and their babbling becomes more and more often and loud. They giggle at anything, especially when Fred comes to play peek-a-boo with them when in their rocking chairs.

"They look just like you." I say to Fred, as we lay in our bedroom at the Burrow early in the morning of May 1st

"Is it because of the hair?" He has cockily, a cheeky smile plastered on his face.

"That, and they have every single Weasley feature except my nose." I said back, matching his same smile.

"They have more of your features than just a nose. They have your face shape, eyes and little hands and feet." Fred answered.

"They only have little hands and toes because their babies, I'm sure when they grow up they'll have massive hands and feet like you." I quipped

"My hands aren't massive!" My fiancé said, for comparison I placed my hand next to his just to see that his hands was nearly two inches bigger than mine.

"See." I smiled.

"Okay, you might be right." Fred giggled happily.

"I'm always right."

"Are not!"

"I am!"

"Are not!"

"I am!" I said. "Anyway. I'm going to make the twins bottles, we have to wake them up soon."

"And I'll get the nappy changing station ready." Fred sighed. "And their clothes."

"No Fred! I'll do that, last time you got the twins clothes you put out a pair on trousers that they had outgrown and a dirty jumper."

"That's fair enough." Fred laughed. I'll just get the nappies ready." Fred retreated.

"Good, I'll go get the bottles." I said.

I turned on my heel and silently left the bedroom. Tip-toeing down the stairs as silently as I could not wake anyone in the house. I made it to the kitchen and used magic to boil a pot full of water, I poured it into two baby bottles and I tipped five scoops of muggle baby milk onto the top.

I sealed the bottles and shook them both hard to mix the powder into the water. They finally were fully mixed and I placed them down onto the table when I heard someone come walking down the starts.

"Oh Y/n! I didn't know you were down here!" Molly said enthusiastically.

"Yeah ha, morning Molly, just making the twins bottles." I smiled, greeting my future mother in law.

"Are they up already?" She asked.

"Oh no, not yet. I'm getting them ready, me and Fred are trying to get them into a routine."

"Me and Arthur did that with Fred and George when they were James and Oliver's age. It was the best thing we had done with them." Molly said as she recalled the memory.

"How hard was it?" I nervously asked.

"It was difficult for a couple of weeks, then you notice that there is change. We got Fred and George into a routine in about a month and a half."

"Wow!" I gawked. "That was really quick, I wonder if James and Oliver will be like that."

"They're related to Fred and George. There's just as much change that they'll get into a routine fast than they will be pranksters." Molly joked.

A smile had formed on my lips and a light giggle escaped them. "Yep." I replied. "I will have to deal with a younger version of Fred and George."

Molly patted my shoulder. "Good luck with that."

~.~.~12 Hours Later~.~.~

The sun slowly set on a oddly calm day. Perhaps it could be the calm before the storm. The twins have been settled for the night, baby monitor turned on as the six of us sat downstairs playing a muggle game that I had given to Arthur for Christmas in my second year with Potterwatch playing in the background.

"Does anyone think that today was too calm than usual." I suggested.

"Yes." Fred, George, Lee and Arthur reply at the same time. "It was lovely." Lee added.

"Lightning has struck. I repeat. Lightning has struck." Came through the radio.

"I knew it." Me and Molly sighed.

"We have to go! The five of us!" Fred said, immediately standing up, getting himself prepared.

"The five of us?" I questioned.

"Yes, you can look after the twins." Fred smiled. "I don't want you to get hurt."

"No! I want to go. I'll apparate the twins to my parents and grandparents in Spain. So they get to meet the twins and so does my grandparents." I bargained.

"Love, it won't be safe."

"In Spain it will." I said. "You-Know-Who hasn't even been to Spain. The twins will be safer there with their grandparents and great-grandparents then they will with me."

"Love..."

"No Fred. I'm doing what is best for my boys. And it is best for them to spend the night in Spain."

"She has a point Fred." Molly said. "It will be safer if the twins are with Y/n's family. We can place the protection over their house. Death Eaters don't usually go to Muggle communities."

"Fine." Fred huffed. "We'll get their stuff together and leave with them straight away."

Me and Fred ran up the stairs and packed the twins a bag with enough clothes and supplies to last the twins for two weeks. As well as some of their favourite toys. I gently picked up James and Fred took Oliver and we walked downstairs.

"We'll be back in about 15 minutes." I whispered.

"Okay. We'll have everything ready for when you get back." Molly whispered back.

And with that, me and Fred left the protective barrier around the Burrow, he took my hand and let me apparate to a traditional Spanish house in the middle of the Spanish suburbs. The building was painted in a terracotta yellow with the nets over the windows and the little wooden door.

I placed three loud knocks at the door, a elderly woman answered the door, her blue eyes widened and a bright happy smile formed on her face.

"Y/N!" She happily said, throwing her arms around me. I hugged her back with one hand, a smile forming on my face too.

"Nan, this is my fiancé, Fred. And our twin boys. James and Oliver." I smiled, letting the woman hold the sleeping baby in my hand.

"Oh bless them." She cooed to James. "They are both so sweet. It's a pleasure to meet you Fred, I am Y/n's grandmother, Y/N/N (your nans name)."

"Pleasure to meet you Mrs Y/l/n." Fred greeted

"Who's at the door mum?" I heard the voice of my mother yell.

"Your daughter, her fiancé and your grandsons are at the door." My Nan yelled.

There was a sudden shuffling of three pairs of feet, growing louder and louder as they approached the door of the Spanish building. It revealed the figures of my mum, dad and grandfather.

"Y/n!" My mum yelled, happily embracing me in a warm hug. I was extremely happy to finally be back with my family, even if it was drop of my children whilst I go fight in a battle.

"Why gives us the pleasure." My dad asked. Giving me a warm hug.

"I was going to ask if you could look after the babies for a couple of days." I asked nervously. "Me and Fred have packed everything that they need."

"We'd love to have them. But why?" My mum asked. I sighed

"There is a wizarding war going on in England, me and Fred are going to fight. And we wanted to make sure that our boys are in safe hands, if anything happens."

Tears were swelling into my parents eyes, but small smiles on their faces. My mum didn't say anything but just hugged me tightly.

"We'd love to take care of the boys. But please be safe, your boys need their mum."

We handed over Oliver to my grandfather as well as telling them about the basic things, like when they have their naps and the routine we're getting the twins in.

We said our goodbyes to my family and to my babies, kissing each on the forehead. "Mummy loves you." I whisper into each of their ears.

"Be safe okay Y/n/n." Mum said, hugging me tightly, her eyes teary.

"I'll try to mum." I replied, as I hugged my mum. I noticed my dad giving Fred a knowing but dangerous look. All my fiancé did was nod and shake his hand.

I said goodbye to the rest of my family. Once the door was closed of the terracotta house that my boys were staying in, I cast protection spells around the house before taking Fred's hand and apparating back to the Burrow.

"Ah your back!" Molly said, scampering around the house to make sure that everything was ready. "Me and Arthur are going to get Bill and Fleur, your four are going now."

"Where do we go?" I asked, checking my pockets to make sure my wand was secure.

"As Hogsmeade has a Caterwauling Charm over it. And the curfew is over. So you will be apparating into the Hogs Head pub. The owner is Dumbledore's brother, Aberforth and he will be expecting you soon." Molly said. Ushering us out of the door.

Molly and Arthur apparated away first. Seconds later Ginny came thundering down the wobbly stairs, dressed ready for battle.

"No, Ginny you can't come." I said.

"You're not my mum Y/n, I'm going." She said.

"You mum will kill us before You-Know-Who will get the chance, and I have two babies in Spain who will want their mum back."

"That's a fair point but-"

"Come on Ginny. Let's go." Fred said.

"FRED!" I yelled. "You can't just let her come. She's sixteen!"

"She won't shut up about it. And don't worry. When mum tries to kill us, I'll keep you safe." Fred sighed.

"I don't get paid enough for this. Just come on." I sighed.

We held each other's hands and apparated to Hogsmeade. It's about to get back.

~.~.~3rd Person POV~.~.~

Harry's heart seemed to fall: Ginny was now climbing through the hole in the wall, closely followed by Y/n Fred, George, and Lee Jordan.

Ginny gave Harry a radiant smile

"Aberforth's getting a bit annoyed," said Fred, raising his hand in answer to several cries of greeting. "He wants a kip, and his bar's turned into a railway station."

"Someone could understand why." Y/n answered, causing a light giggle over the room.

Harry's mouth fell open. Right behind Lee Jordan came Harry's old girlfriend, Cho Chang. She smiled at him.

"I got the message," she said, holding up her own fake Galleon and she walked over to sit beside Michael Corner.

"So what's the plan, Harry?" said George.

"There isn't one," said Harry, still disoriented by the sudden appearance of all these people, unable to take everything.

"Just going to make it up as we go along, are we? My favorite kind," said Fred.

"Fred! You have son's, you can't just make stuff up as we go along!" Y/n whispered in his ear.

"You've got to stop this!" Harry told Neville. "What did you call them all back for? This is insane-"

"We're fighting, aren't we?" said Dean, taking out his fake Galleon. "The message said Harry was back, and we were going to fight! I'll have to get a wand, though-"

"You haven't got a wand--?" began Seamus. Ron turned suddenly to Harry.

"Why can't they help?"

"What?"

"They can help." He dropped his voice and said, so that none of them could hear but Hermione, who stood between them. "We don't know where it is. We've got to find it fast. We don't have to tell them it's a Horcrux."

Harry looked from Ron to Hermione, who murmured, "I think Ron's right. We don't even know what we're looking for, we need them." And when Harry looked unconvinced,

"You don't have to do everything alone, Harry." Y/n said with a warm smile.

Harry thought fast, his scar still prickling, his head threatening to split again. Dumbledore had warned him against telling anyone but Ron and Hermione about the Horcruxes. Secrets and lies, that's how we grew up, and Albus ... he was a natural ... Was he turning into Dumbledore, keeping his secrets clutched to his chest, afraid to trust? But Dumbledore had trusted Snape, and where had that led? To murder at the top of the highest tower ...

"All right," he said quietly to the other two. "Okay," he called to the room at large, and all noise ceased: Fred and George, who had been cracking jokes for the benefit of those nearest, fell silent, and all of the looked alert, excited.

"There's something we need to find," Harry said. "Something – something that'll help us overthrow You-Know-Who. It's here at Hogwarts, but we don't know where. It might have belonged to Ravenclaw. Has anyone heard of an object like that? Has anyone come across something with her eagle on it, for instance?"

He looked hopefully toward the little group of Ravenclaws, to Padma, Michael, Terry, and Cho, but it was Luna who answered, perched on the arm of Ginny's chair.

"Well, there's her lost diadem. I told you about it, remember, Harry? The lost diadem of Ravenclaw? Daddy's trying to duplicate it."

"Yeah, but the lost diadem," said Michael Corner, rolling his eyes, "is lost, Luna. That's sort of the point."

"When was it lost?" asked Harry.

"Centuries ago, they say," said Cho, and Harry's heart sank. "Professor Flitwick says the diadem vanished with Ravenclaw herself. People have looked, but," she appealed to her fellow Ravenclaws. "Nobody's ever found a trace of it, have them?" They all shook their heads.

"Sorry, but what is a diadem?" asked Ron.

"It's a kind of crown," said Terry Boot. "Ravenclaw's was supposed to have magical properties, enhance the wisdom of the wearer."

"Yes, Daddy's Wrackspurt siphons – " But Harry cut across Luna.

"And none of you have ever seen anything that looks like it?" They all shook their heads again. Harry looked at Ron and Hermione and his own disappointment was mirrored back at him.

An object that had been lost this long, and apparently without trace, did not seem like a good candidate for the Horcrux hidden in the castle ... Before he could formulate a new question, however, Cho spoke again.

"If you'd like to see what the diadem's supposed to look like, I could take you up to our common room and show you, Harry. Ravenclaw's wearing it in her statue."

Harry's scar scorched again: For a moment the Room of Requirement swam before him, and he saw instead the dark earth soaring beneath him and felt the great snake wrapped around his shoulders. Voldemort was flying again, whether to the underground lake or here, to the castle, he did not know: Either way, there was hardly any time left.

"He's on the move," he said quietly to Ron and Hermione. He glanced at Cho and then back at them. "Listen, I know it's not much of a lead, but I'm going to go look at this statue, at least find out what the diadem looks like. Wait for me here and keep, you know – the other one – safe."

Cho had got to her feet, but Ginny said rather fiercely, "No, Luna will take Harry, won't you, Luna?"

"Oooh, yes, I'd like to," said Luna happily, as Cho sat down again, looking disappointed.

"How do we get out?" Harry asked Neville. "Over here."

"He led Harry and Luna to a corner, where a small cupboard opened onto a steep staircase. "It comes out somewhere different every day, so they've never been able to find it," he said. "Only trouble is, we never know exactly where we're going to end up when we go out. Be careful, Harry, they're always patrolling the corridors at night."

The rest of them sat in the room of requirement for ages, in dead silence. Y/n sat tangled in Fred's arms, a few light tears falling from my eyes, she already missed her babies and the fear of being part of a war.

Molly had eventually came through the portrait with Arthur, Bill and Fleur. The colour of Molly's face immediately turned a pale shade of white, cornering in on the young girl. Just in time for Harry and Luna to hear a bit of the commotion.

Mrs. Weasley was struggling with Ginny. Around them stood Lupin, Fred, George, Bill and Fleur.

"You're underage!" Mrs. Weasley shouted at her daughter as Harry approached "I won't permit it! The boys and Y/n, yes, but you, you've got to go home!"

"I won't!" Ginny's hair flew as she pulled her arm out of her mother's grip. "I'm in Dumbledore's Army---"

"A teenagers' gang!"

"A teenagers' gang that's about to take him on, which no one else has dared to do!" said Fred.

"Fred, don't anger your mother more." Y/n said quietly.

"She's sixteen!" shouted Mrs. Weasley. "She's not old enough! What you two were thinking bringing her with you—-"

Fred and George looked slightly ashamed of themselves.

"I tried to tell them." Y/n sighed.

"Mom and Y/n are right, Ginny," said Bill gently. "You can't do this. Everyone underage will have to leave, it's only right."

"I can't go home!" Ginny shouted, angry tears sparkling in her eyes. "my whole family's here, I can't stand waiting there alone and not knowing and --"

Her eyes met Harry's for the first time. She looked at him beseechingly, but he shook his head and she turned away bitterly.

"Fine," she said, staring at the entrance to the tunnel back to the Hog's Head. "I'll say good-by now, then, and---"

There was a scuffling and a great thump. Someone else had clambered out of the tunnel, overbalanced slightly, and fallen. He pulled himself up no the nearest chair, looked around through lopsided horn-rimmed glasses, and said,

"Am I too late? Has it started. I only just found out, so I --- I ---" Percy spluttered into silence.

Evidently he had not expected to run into most of his family. There was a long moment of astonishment, broken by Fleur turning to Lupin and saying, in a wildly transparent attempt to break the tension.

"So--- 'ow eez leetle Teddy?"

Lupin blinked at her, startled. The silence between the Weasleys seemed to be solidifying, like ice.

"I --- oh yes--- he's fine!" Lupin said loudly. "yes, Tonks is with him--- at her mother's ---"

Percy and the other Weasleys were still staring at one another, frozen. "Here, I've got a picture?" Lupin shouted, pulling a photograph from inside his jacket and showing it to Fleur and Harry, who saw a tiny baby with a tuft of bright turquoise hair, waving fat fists at the camera.

"I was a fool!" Percy roared, so loudly that Lupin nearly dropped his photograph. "I was an idiot, I was a pompous prat, I was a – a --"

"Ministry-loving, family-disowning, power-hungry moron," said Fred. Percy swallowed.

"Yes, I was!"

"Well, you can't say fairer than that," said Fred, holding his hand out to Percy. Mrs. Weasley burst into tears. She ran forward, pushed Fred aside, and pulled Percy into a strangling hug, while he patted her on the back, his eyes on his father.

"I'm sorry, Dad," Percy said.

Mr. Weasley blinked rather rapidly, then he too hurried to hug his son.

"What made you see sense, Perce?" inquired George.

"It's been coming on for a while," said Percy, mopping his eyes under his glasses with a corner of his traveling cloak. "But I had to find a way out and it's not so easy at the Ministry, they're imprisoning traitors all the time. I managed to make contact with Aberforth and he tipped me off ten minutes ago that Hogwarts was going to make a fight of it, so here I am."

"Well, we do look to our prefects to take a lead at times such as these," said George in a good imitation of Percy's most pompous manner. "Now let's get upstairs and fight, or all the good Death Eaters'll be taken."

"So, you're my sister in-law, and future sister in-law now?" Said Percy, shaking hands with Fleur and Y/n as they hurried off toward the staircase with Bill, Fred, and George and Y/n.

"Ginny!" barked Mrs. Weasley.

Ginny had been attempting, under cover of the reconciliations to sneak upstairs too.

"Molly, how about this," said Lupin. "Why doesn't Ginny stay here , then at least she'll be on the scene and know what's going on, but she won't be in the middle of the fighting?"

"I---"

"That's a good idea," said Mr. Weasley firmly "Ginny, you stay in this room, you hear me?"

Ginny did not seem to like the idea much, but under her father's unusually stern gaze, she nodded. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley and Lupin headed off to the stairs as well.

"Where's Ron?" asked Harry, "Where's Hermione?"

"They must have gone up the Great Hall already," Mr. Weasley called over his shoulder.

"I didn't see them pass me," said Harry.

"They said something about a bathroom," said Ginny, "not long after you left."

"A bathroom?"

Harry strode across the room to an open door leading off the Room of Requirement and checked the bathroom beyond. It was empty. "You're sure they said bath---?"

Y/n walked down to the great hall with Fred, George, Percy and Bill. Her heart filled with fear yet a slight glint of hope that it will all be okay. That she will be back with her babies and family soon, in a safe and peaceful world, making meals, playing games and helping them express their magic. Yet all she could think about was the blood-chilling and scary realisation of a thought that Voldemort was possessed of that cold, cruel sense of purpose that preceded murder.

Word Count: 3700
A/n: Happy Friday! I'm sorry I haven't been publishing lots lately. I had lost motivation to write until I cleaned my room (weird i know). So I wrote for all four of my stories. I'll probably be publishing for all four next week. I'm going camping for a week for something I volunteer for in my spare time, I'm quite excited. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'm sorry if it was boring. I'll be back next week for a new chapter for you all (if I'm not busy). Have a great day :)

From
~Ella :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7M 152K 87
YOU MAKE MY HEART SHAKE, BEND, AND BREAK BUT I CAN'T TURN AWAY! aurora "rory" archer was a powerhouse. well, sort of. she was a fierce friend with a...
163K 3.8K 64
Y/n Brooke has been best friends with the golden trio since first year. You spend the summer at the burrow for the first time causing you to come to...
2.2M 61.5K 68
Hanging over George's back, you grunted, "Seriously, put me down, Weasley." He shook his head and laughed gleefully while he carried you downstairs...
207K 3.7K 87
Y/N is the only living and known child of infamous Death Eaters, Rodolphus and Bellatrix Lestrange, perhaps the most loyal of the Dark Lord's followe...