You Are My Sunshine // A Finn...

By A5_TheGlue_LoveNewt

When Reef, a young girl from District Four, thinks she'll make it through her last year of the reaping, finds... More

Introduction To Characters For Act One
Chapter One - Reaping Day
Chapter Two - Promise Me
Chapter Three - The Capitol
Chapter Four - The Tribute Parade
Chapter Five - The Charming Finnick Odair
Chapter Six - Cage
Chapter Seven - Skill Score
Chapter Eight - The Interview
Chapter Nine - The 70th Annual Hunger Games
Chapter Ten - Snow Storm
Chapter Eleven - Allies
Chapter Twelve - Undercover
Chapter Thirteen - My Promise
Chapter Fourteen - Victor
Chapter Fifteen - Who Is Reef Barlowe
Chapter Sixteen - Healing
End of Act One
Character Introduction For Act Two
Chapter Seventeen: Five Years Later
Chapter Eighteen - Reaping Day... Again
Chapter Nineteen - Katniss Everdeen
Chapter Twenty - Training
Chapter Twenty-One - Girl On Fire
Chapter Twenty-Two - The Quater Quell
Chapter Twenty-Three - Blood Rain
Chapter Twenty-Four - Tick Tock
Chapter Twenty-Five - Jabberjays
Chapter Twenty-Six - The Lightning Tree
Chapter Twenty Seven - The End
End Of Act Two
Introduction for Act Three
Chapter Twenty-Eight - District 13
Chapter Twenty-Nine - Suffocating Mockingjay
Chapter Thirty - Broken Home
Chapter Thirty-One - Prisoners
Chapter Thirty-Two - Torture
Chapter Thiry-Three - Her Conditions
Chapter Thirty-Three - The Real Mockingjay
Chapter Thirty-Four - You Burn With Us
Chapter Thirty-Five - Not A Liar
Chapter Thirty-Six - Manipulation
Chapter Thirty-Seven - Bombs Rain
Chapter Thirty-Eight - White Roses
Chapter Thirty-Nine - The Rescue
Chapter Fourty - Reuniting
Chapter Fourty-One - Heavy Guilt
End Of Act Three
Act Four Introduction
Chaoter Fourty-Two - Not Our Peeta
Chapter Fourty-Three - District Two
Chapter Fourty-Four - Shot
Chapter Foury-Five - The Wedding
Chapter Fourty-Six - The 76th Annual Hunger Games
Chapter Fourty-Seven - Propoganda
Chapter Forty-Eight - Unmarked Pod
Chapter Fourty-Nine - Black Ocean
Chapter Fifty - Refuge
Chapter Fifty-One - The Sewers
Chapter Fifty-Two - Mutts
Chapter Fifty-Two - Death And All His Friends
Chapter Fifty-Two - Tigris
Part Fifty-Three - The Vote
Chapter Fifty-Five - Snow Will Burn
Chapter Fifty-Six - The End
Kai's Photo Album
Authors Note
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCMENT
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCMENT PT 2

Chapter Fifty-Three - Guardian Angels

1.2K 26 5
By A5_TheGlue_LoveNewt

Prim

   I had been waiting for this day since I got to District 13. Today I was finally going to do something. I was leaving this dank bunker and going out into the real world to provide my services to the war. Just like Katniss.

I want to help people. And that's what I'm going to do.

    Me and the rest of the medics were stationed just outside of the Capitol, marching our way through and helping any wounded on the way. It was weird not to have Kit with us but he was with Katniss, Kai, and the others so it was probably better that way. Katniss always finds her way into trouble so it's comforting to know that she has Kit there. Not to mention Kai who is dedicated to her safety just as much as everyone else.

   We were making our way through the city, all dispersing ourselves throughout the army marching their way to Snow's mansion. Even though we were technically safe from the pods, it was still terrifying to walk through the city.

   I thought about Katniss and the horrible things she probably had to endure when she was forced to come here two years ago. How overwhelming the buildings and the people were with their weird fashion and unique technology. It's weird to think that she volunteered only two years ago for me. So that I would survive.

    It didn't take long before our eerie silence was interrupted by the sounds of gun fire and explosion. But the thing was, it wasn't coming from the peacekeepers, it was coming from the rebellion army. Our army was attacking the innocent refugees of the Capital.

Explosions rocked the ground, smoke filled the air, screams and cries rang from the crowd, and everyone went sprinting towards the mansion where Snow was probably already getting taken in by the rest of the army.

As the chaos unfolded, I watched as the children were being pulled away from their parents to be brought inside first. They all screamed and cried, reaching their tiny hands out to their mothers and fathers while the parents screamed for their children. But the peacekeepers kept going, pulling all of the Capital children into one cluster in front of the mansion gates.

That's when, from up above, came a Capitol fighter jet zooming above us all. In it's clouds, you could see the little metal capsules rain down above the kids, the same one's used in the Hunger Games for sponsors. It was supposed to mean something lifesaving in the Games, but a horrible feeling built up inside me as the parachutes ascended slowly above the kids. When the first of the capsules brushed against one of the reaching hands of the children, the bombs went off.

BOOM

Screams echoed through the city as the shock wasn't only for the people but for the army as well. Debris and smoke hit from every direction and it didn't take long for the cries for help signaled for the med team to march in. This was what we were trained for.

I ran as fast as I could, my med kit in hand as I jumped over the slices of concrete jutting out from the ground. I saw a man walking through the smoke with a limp child in his hands, the boy obviously succumbed to his wounds. A Capital toddler tugged at my leg and I turned to her, getting on my knees as I looked her over.

Both of the poor girl's legs were snapped and hidden under hot and heavy slabs of concrete. Tears streamed down her chubby little face as loud wails filled my ears, taking away the sound of the rest of the chaos. Moms and Dads rushed around me, looking for their lost child while I stayed focused on the one in front of me.

"I want my mommy!" The little girl cried harder and harder, her pale body shaking as blood poured from big open wounds and burns took over her little face. "I want my mommy!"

"I know sweetie, but let me help you." I told the girl, gently trying to inject her with some morphine to numb the pain but she was squirming too much.

People leapt over the debris, some carrying the children out of the wreckage while others were unable to move their patient at all. The stench of the burning flesh and the smoke mixed together into a smell I never would have thought I'd have to smell before. Orders were being barked out to any medic coming by and I believe this is the only time the Districts and The Capital have ever worked together. But the question still stands...

Why would Snow do this?

Was there an angle to killing all these children or people for that matter? We were always at war, but to go against your own people like this was unnecessary. The only thing he'd gain from doing this would be the hatred from not only the Districts but his own Capital people. This play, this move, it didn't make sense. But it didn't matter.

What did matter was these kids and saving them.

And that was my job.

I had to save people.

Like Katniss.

"Prim?! Primrose?!"

I shot my head up immediately to the shouting of my name, the voice behind it sounding familiar. The moment my head poked above the concrete slab in front of me, I saw her, Katniss, walking towards me in Capital clothing.

What the hell was she doing here?

"PRIM!"

And then

Suddenly

Everything was white

Katniss was gone

And the world seemed to have disappeared

It was warm

Bright

Silent

Lonely

"Katniss?" I called out, standing up and whipping my head around in every direction. "KATNISS WHERE ARE YOU?!"

"Not here."

I turned around frantically to where the deep familiar voice came from only to find a kind face staring back at me with his deep brown eyes. He was wearing a simple navy blue shirt and some cream colored cargo pants with his dark brown hair fluffy and out of place, but it was in a neat kind of way. A freeing kind of way. He also wore no shoes, just like his sister.

"Kai?" I exclaimed, not moving, just staring at his smiling face, except his smile seemed tinted with a heavy sadness.

But this didn't make sense. Last time I saw Kai, he was wearing his Lieutenant uniform and he was aiding Boggs and the camera crew. What the hell was he doing here wearing comfortable clothes. He does remember we're at war, right?

"What are you doing here?" I asked him, still lightheaded and disorientated, but mainly confused.

"I could ask you the same question Prim." Kai said, stepping forward but I stepped away from him, making the man stop.

"What happened? Where am I? Where's Katniss?" I asked him and Kai sighed while still keeping his distance.

"Primrose Everdeen." Kai said, standing tall and strong like he always did, except his tone was weak and almost shattered. "You are dead."

His words hit me like a bullet and I could feel the blood drain from my face.

"What?"

"Alma Coin bombed the Capital's children as a strategical move against the Capital."

"No..." I said, feeling me breath hitch in my throat as the tears rolled down my cheek.

"You, Primrose Everdeen..."

"Shut up!" I screamed at him, marching towards Kai but he didn't move a muscle.

"You died in the second bombing trying to save a little girl."

I wasn't listening to him at that point, I just used all the force I had to push him back but Kai barely moved. In a fit of denying rage, I slammed my fists against his chest repeatedly screaming the same things over and over again.

"Shut up you lair!" I screamed at him. "Where's Katniss?!"

"Prim..."

I slapped him straight across the face, tears running down my cheeks as the boy let me hit him, let me punch him, let me scream in his face over and over and over again before finally I just collapsed. I fell into Kai's arms, finally letting it all sink in. I said it over and over again in my head until I finally accepted it.

I'm dead

I'm dead

I'm dead

I'm dead

"If I'm dead, " I said through a quivering breath. "Then you..."

"I am." Kai told me and I hugged him tighter, thinking about the boy who saved me when the bunker was being bombed. I thought of Kit, how a good friend of mine, my mentor, lost the love of his life. And then there was Reef, whos brother she'll never see again.

And then there's Kai himself.

"What now?" I asked him through quivering breaths.

"Now?" Kai said, resting his big hand against the back of my head, holding me tighter in his embrace. "Now I take care of you, just like I'll take care of Reef and just like you'll take care of Katniss."

"We're their guardian angels." I said and Kai nodded.

"Exactly." Kai said, standing up with my hand held tightly in his. "Guardian angels."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 93 22
the hunger games fanfiction finnick odair x oc ─── ⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ༓ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅ ─── this is the story of kallista beryl and finnick odair. When Kallista is re...
377K 8.2K 30
Lyanna was from district 11, despite the poverty she was always cheerful. At age 14 she won the 68th annual Hunger Games and became a capital sweethe...
6.5K 183 45
Amaryllis Greenshire is a girl from District 10. She lives a normal life just like everyone else in her district. To her the Hunger Games was just a...
11.1K 219 15
A Hunger Games fanfic from Annie Cresta's POV. Annie has been rescued from the clutches of the Capitol and is brought to District 13 to be reunited w...