Put the pieces back: Sequel (...

By iamscaredoftheocean

⚠️this is book 2, sequel to 'A piece of us'⚠️ (Strongly recommend you read the first book before this one!) ⚠... More

(Before you read)
She's gone
Nostalgia
What is Miko planning?
The Chasm
Resurrection
Y/n is back
The second domain
Y/n teams up with the group
The mechanism
Yanfeis theory
Xiao and Y/n
Xiao and the Yaksha
Sacrifice?!
Itto is the guy
Bosacius
A way out
Will all of us escape?
I guess we're both liars
Slaughters
Back at Wangshu Inn
To the Crux Fleet
The Jade Chamber
Two letters
(Any artists out there?)
Three simple rules
Mommies?
Finally friends?
Trauma, can you blame her?
Post-traumatic stress disorder
Oh Xiao <3
Epilogue - As free as a bird
SC - Babysitting isn't easy...
SC - If Xiao never loved Y/n
SC - Thunderstorm
SC - Father Zhongli
SC - Who is she?
SC - If it didn't work...
(Author note/ goodbye for now❤️)

One long night out

7.3K 288 387
By iamscaredoftheocean

Y/n pov:

They're... still talking about this shit...

Ningguang laughed, "No but imagine that adeptus as a father!"she said and took a sip of her drink.

Yelan chuckled, "He would forget the kid out on the cold." She said.
This caused me to chuckle.
No. He would forget he had a kid.

"Hey Y/n, do you want kids in the future?" Beidou asked me, a little bit drunk.

I stared her dead in the eyes. "No."

Ningguang did a double take on her drink as she heard my answer, "Really? I thought that would be one of your dreams, when it comes to living like a mortal I mean." She said.

I sighed, "Kids are loud. They scream around and cry every day." I said.
Isn't it obvious why I wouldn't want a kid?

"Really? That's normal for them, they'll be lovely small people in no time." Beidou said, giving a side glance to Ningguang. Ningguang caught her eye and looked away.

"Not kitsune children." I said. Yelan looked towards me, so did Ningguang and Beidou.

"Hey, how are kitsune children when they're young?" Beidou asked.
I sweat dropped as I remembered some of my childhood with Miko, and some of the young fox children I've seen in Teyvat these generations.

"Their nails are sharp, they won't cut them because they're aggressive, they sink their sharp ass fangs into everything they find, wether it be a pillow or a rock. They're aggressive near people, don't have any control over their transformation. They complain about their hearing all the time and bite their tail too much so you have to go to a doctor and cover it up." I said in one breath, telling them exactly why I did NOT want to raise a fox child.

"They're REAL animals." I finished and took a sip of my drink, completely unbothered.

Ningguang, Yelan and Beidou all looked at me in shock.

"How were you and your sister as children?" Yelan asked curiously.

I hummed and closed my eyes to see if I could remember.

"We used to scare everyone away from us." I said.

Beidou looked a little sad for a moment, "oh..."

As I realized her expression I quickly said, "Oh don't worry, we did it on purpose!" I said waving my hands back and forth, reassuring her.

"We didn't like to socialize with other youngsters. They were racist little shits." I said.

Yelan chuckled, "I see." She put her empty glass down on the table.

"Why don't we wander a little outside? We've been sitting here for a couple of hours." She said. I nodded, and Beiguang agreed as well.

We stood up and Ningguang paid for the drinks, we then stepped outside.

It was completely dark, the stars shone in the sky and the light of lamps shone in the city.

Only adults and well dressed people were walking around now, not a single kid.

The city was not as loud as usual, but it had multiple sounds of people communicating.

Some stores had closed while others such as alcohol shops, 'adult buildings' and food stalls were open far past midnight or even 24/7.

The four of us stepped down the small couple of stairs out of the building and walked through the Main Street towards the smaller part of the city over the small bridge.

Me and Ningguang both took small stops at the jewelry and accessory stalls that were out. She blew her pipe a few times in front of common people, showing off her style and money.

Eventually me and Beidou stopped at a stall with multiple freshly made Xiao Long Bao.
We bought a couple for us ate them as we walked.

When we stepped over the bridge, we talked about where we would go.

"I've wanted to try the fire noodles they have down the street." Yelan said.
None of us were against the idea of really spicy hot noodles, so we walked down the street.

There were fewer people down this street, barely any at all.

As we walked, some people who were working at the stalls had to do a double take as we walked past.

"It's right here." Beidou said and the four of us walked into a small hidden corner of the street.

The corner had no more than tree tables with 4 chairs each, perfect.
There were only one other group there so it would be quiet.

Surrounding the tables were cozy lanterns and from the inside of the small shop you could hear some nice traditional and calm music.

We sat down around the table and I sat perfectly in the direction of the full moon in front of me on the sky.

Yelan stood up with Beidou, "We'll go order." They said, and went to the stall.

I took a nice long breath out of the air around us, it smelled of spicy food and spicy noodles, I couldn't wait to try them.

"This is lovely." Ningguang said and put her pipe away since we were going to eat.

"I haven't smelled food that are prepared simply by common people in a while. It smells delicious." She said.
Getting away from the riches and the VIP meals probably feels good for her, even for one night.

"I haven't eaten this kind of food for... well... before my death." I said, causing Ningguang to chuckle.

Yelan and Beidou walked back to us with four glasses of simple ice cold water.

"We got some water as well, to cool down the alcohol." Yelan said.
She placed the four glasses in front of each of us and sat down.
Beidou had four pairs of chopsticks with her and handed them out to us.

"We'll need the water as well, this food is spicy as fuck." She said while cracking her knuckles.

After a while the food was delivered.

It was extremely simple, just one huge bowl of spicy hot fire noodles.
None of us minded sharing the same bowl as it stood perfectly well in the middle of the table, perfect reach for is all.

As I used my chopstick and picked up a good amount of noodles I asked, "So... how spicy are these noodles actually?" While sweat dropping.

"Spiciest ones on the menu." Beidou said before picking up her chopsticks and taking a good portion of noodles into her mouth.

Yelan didn't hesitate after and took a good bite as well.

Ningguang showed more manners while eating, she didn't take too big of a bite at once.
She was smart, because after Beidou's huge bite I could see tears in her eyes.

"Oh god those are some pretty spicy noodles." She said and swallowed quickly before taking a slurp of water.

I chuckled at her and ate the noodles I held with my own chopsticks.

Yep, these are definitely the spiciest one on the menu.

I could feel tears in the corner of my eyes. "It's so spicy, but so delicious." I said and took another bite.

Yelan hummed in agreement with noodles in her mouth.

I need to eat this with Xiao one time.

We all were set on finishing the whole bowl. Not wasting any of the delicious food.

It took an hour and a lot of water.

-

We stood in the city together, kind of just vibing, until Beidou said she needed to return to the ship and prepare a journey to Inazuma for the morning.

Yelan and Ningguang had to discuss some work matters as well, so they both eventually not long after Beidou, went to the jade chamber.

I felt myself getting a little tired after the long night, normally at this time, I would be resting to have energy for the next day.

After all, it was three after midnight.

-

I had decided to walk back to the Inn, a calm but long walk. When I finally got there I went straight to the room to rest.

I shuffled off my shoes/ heels/ (anything on your feet) and simply took off the top layer of my hanfu, and laid down in the bed.

I pulled the covers over me and I snuggled into the soft sheets. They smelled like Xiao. Almond and honey.

It was easy for me to fall asleep.

-

I felt the bed shuffle a little, indicating that someone had laid next to me.
Unconsciously, one of my eyes tiredly peeked open to see.
The green light of Xiao's tattoo was glowing faintly in the dark room, right next to me.
And I felt him wrap his arms around me and pulling me closer.
And I fell back asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.5K 737 14
❝ 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙸 𝚙𝚞𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐. ❞ Thousands of years ago, the Adepti fought Osia...
26.2K 1K 23
❝ 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚋𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚍.❞ Thousands of years ago, Rex Lapis made a con...
138K 5.4K 23
[ 𝙓𝙞𝙖𝙤/𝙁𝙚𝙢!𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙧 ] After two-thousand years, you got to see the light of day once more. Like the civilization of long ago, your memory...
16.1K 428 24
„ Whisper's in the wind" Zhongli x Reader Its my first mini book so please be kind! I'm telling a story between our beloved early life zhongli aka M...