Mechanical (CPD)

By KNeill006

Jordan Hermandez used to be a ranger with Jay but left a few years before him due to her mother's illness. Th... More

Photography
Hospital
The Meeting
First Day
Molly's
Banned
Zoe
Shot
Best Friend
Bullies
Drugs
Hospital
Tim
Zoe's First Day
Goodbyes
Questions
Drunk
Therapy
Found
Carnival
Kidnapped
Teachers
I've got you
Grave
Slept Together?
Undercover
Watch your back
Warning signs
Help, Please!
Mom
Okay?
Lakehouse
Love
Fun day

Jordan!

635 4 1
By KNeill006

When they arrived at the hospital, they were both put on a drip to hydrate them and were given an oxygen mask each. They were both sat in the same room on the same bed as the unit gathered around.

"You guys okay?" Asked Hank.

"Yeah. Did you get the bags?" Asked Jordan.

"Yeah. They're at the other apartment."

"Thanks." Replied Jordan to Antonio.

"What's so important about the bags?"

"They just have some photos in them."

"Okay. Well get some rest, we'll pick you up later and drop you back home."

"We're on the same bed, how are we supposed to get rest?" Asked Kelly

"Just sit and don't stand up for a bit." Laughed Kevin.

The next few days had been running smoothly, too smoothly.

"So, when do you think mad man will strike again?" Asked Adam as Jordan walked out of the breakroom with two cups of coffee.

She gave one coffee to Jay and then sat down at her own desk with hers.

"Don't know." Answered Jordan.

"Maybe he's just decided to leave it." Suggested Kevin.

"He hasn't left it." Said Hank as he walked out of his office.

"What?" Asked Jay.

"There's a hostage situation at med."

"Gear up!" Shouted Antonio.

Everyone ran down to their cars and geared up with their guns and vests. Jay got in Jordan's car and they all sped off, following Hank to the hospital.

When they arrived, 51 was outside for some strange reason and Casey was arguing with some police chief.

"Hank, thank you for coming. Could you please escort this man away from me?" Asked the guy.

"Hey, Greenwood." Said Jordan as she hopped out of the car.

"Hernandez and Halstead. Sorry we couldn't meet on better circumstances."

"Yeah I know." Said Jordan.

"So, what's 51 doing here?" Asked Jay.

"Some of their paramedics are stuck inside."

"I'll get Casey and calm him down." Said Jordan as she jogged over to where Casey was arguing with a police chief.

"I'll take over, yeah?" Asked Hank.

"Yes please, Sargent."

"Come on, Casey. We all want to get in there but shouting at police chiefs isn't going to do anything." Said Jordan.

"Listen up!" Shouted Hank. "No one goes into the building until we have a view of what we're dealing with and how many suspects there are!"

"So we're just supposed to stand around and hope no one dies!" Shouted Casey.

"We will plan everything out, okay? We just need time."

*Jay's Pov*

It had been around half an hour since we had arrived an we hadn't made it very far into our plan. Jordan stole one of the blue prints of the hospital and hid behind a car. I stood close, listening in on what she was saying.

"What are you doing?" Asked Molly as she took a seat beside her.

"Nothing."

"Come on. You can tell me."

"I'm finding a way into that hospital."

"You heard your boss, it's dangerous when we don't know the numbers we are dealing with."

"We're not getting anywhere plus the person in that building with the gun wants me."

"He wants me too, Jordan but we can't just barge in there." I said, sitting down next to her on the other side.

"Molly can you please just distract them for a little bit if they ask where I've gone." Jordan asked.

"Yeah sure. Good luck, girl."

Jordan was walking toward her car and grabbing a gun and some ammo when I stepped in front of her.

"I can't let you do this."

"Just trust me."

"I don't want you getting hurt."

"I'll be fine."

"Remember what Helen said. One day you protecting your sister, is going to get you killed."

"You want to come with?"

"Yes."

"Jay, you need to be a thousand percent sure because this will probably get me fired."

"My brother is in there."

"Let's go." Jordan said as she grabbed her gun.

I followed her round to the side of the building as everyone else was in the tent trying to make a plan.

"What are you doing?" I whispered to her as she grabbed her radio.

"Saying a possible goodbye."

"You're not going to die in there."

"No but Hank will kill me and you when we make it out."

"Good point."

Hank, you hear me?

Yeah. What's up Jordan?

Jay and I love you guys and we're sorry.

We heard the tent unzip followed by the sound of heavy footsteps. The unit was looking around for us as Jordan and I saluted before we ran in to the building.

"So, where are we going?" I whispered.

"Up the stairs and to the left."

We walked up the stairs and to the left where we met with an abandoned hospital wing.

"Where are we?" Asked Jordan.

"This is the old maternity ward. Some woman kidnapped a child and hid herself back here."

"I take it they found the child."

"Yeah. The child's fine."

At the end of the corridor, there was a sign for the staircase. We opened the doors and slowly stated walking up them. I checked the floors below and Jordan checked upwards.

"Clear." I said.

"Wait. Stop." Said Jordan.

She held her hand up and pointed towards a pair of feet that was on the stairs. We walked slower up the stairs and then raised our guns up towards the person.

"Hands in the air." Jordan said towards the person.

"Earl?" I said out of pure confusion.

"Thank god. I twisted my ankle after the guy pushed me down the stairs." Said Earl the security guard.

"Hey. Can you walk?" Asked Jordan.

"Yeah but I might need a hand." He said.

"So do I Earl." Laughed Jordan.

"Always with the jokes." Laughed Earl.

We helped him up the stairs with us and we dropped him off outside one of the wards so he could protect anyone inside.

"Our way in is locked."

"We are not going through the pediatrics ward. It puts them at risk." I said.

"I know. We'll go around."

"Round to where?"

"There." Jordan said as she pointed at the ER door.

We walked towards the door with our guns raised. I opened the door slowly and then I pulled Jordan into a room with me.

"Jordan, Jay?" Whispered Ethan as we turned round to look at him and April stood with a child.

We put our guns away and then moved to the side to talk to ethan.

"How did you get in here?" He asked.

"Old maternity ward." I said.

"What's going on in here?" Asked Jordan.

"Man in black suit is holding the hospital hostage."

"What?" Jordan asked.

All fo a sudden, the curtains were pulled open and we were yanked out of the room and pushed to the floor.

"Take their weapons." Said some guy with a deep gravelly voice.

He was dressed in a black suit with a white shirt with the sleeves rolled up to the elbows. He had black gloves on and was holding a black pistol and had ammo strapped to his body. He had a gold watch and some neck and arm tattoos.

"Jordan Hernandez and Jay Halstead. How lovely to finally meet you." The man said with a big grin on his face.

"Come on. You don't have to do this. Let everyone else go and just take us." I said.

The man let out a low chuckle to himself as his grip on the gun tightened. He had his arm wrapped around some young nurse and was pointing the gun towards us.

Jordan threw down a smoke grenade and ran towards her sister. I pushed everyone else into rooms and then stood next to Will, checking him for injuries. Dr Marcel joined us as he pulled the nurse off the floor and shoved her into a room.

A gun shot went off and we all dropped to the floor.

"That was a really dumb thing to do." Said the man with his arm raised to the ceiling.

"Let everyone go." Said Jordan.

Will, Crockett and I were on one side of the big desk and the girls were in the middle of it but at the front. The other guy was on the other side of the desk from us and had his gun aimed towards Zoe and Jordan.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177K 2.7K 38
When hank voights adopted daughter returns home to Chicago, her life seems to get better. But better is the enemy of good... -Chicago PD-
29.5K 509 15
A young girl finds herself in big trouble and needs help, but maybe the help she receives will land her in even deeper trouble, maybe it will get her...
109K 1.6K 32
Madeline Sanchez is a 25-year-old doctor working at Chicago Med, one of the best hospitals in the Midwest. Raised in a high-class household, Madeline...
207K 3.7K 49
[ season 2,3 & 4 of Chicago P.D. ] [undergoing minor grammar and spelling editing] Life hasn't been kind to Spencer Grey. She's been through more tha...