Bucky Barnes X Y/n: I hate yo...

Od Y3llow_8utt3rfly

Her hands were scarred of murder, her eyes, dull and glassy as she loses her luster and her soul longing for... Více

Author's Note
Avengers Compound Visuals
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
꧁༺𝓗𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝒱𝒾𝓈𝓊𝒶𝓁𝓈༻꧂

Chapter 27

759 16 14
Od Y3llow_8utt3rfly

I was up on the roof, again, writing in my journal when Bucky comes out and joins me as I straighten out my legs, so he had space to sit down whilst seeing him open up an envelope, 'what's that', I asked as he began to read it, 'there's a new exhibition in the museum and I've been asked to come', he replied as I looked down at his letter.

I wonder if I got one, the first time I went, I had actually enjoyed myself after a very long time, so I visited quit a few times after that, 'I need to bring a plus one', he said as he pulled me out of thought and I nodded slightly, 'I'm sure Steve won't say no if you ask', I implied as he looked at me whilst I continued to write. 

'He's busy, do you want to come', he asked as I looked up at him, 'uhm, I don't think...'.

'Come on, it'll be fun', he suggested as I finally agreed and he smiled as I took the letter from him, and looked to see if we had to wear anything specific.

It was a formal event, damn, I don't have anything for it, and I hate going shopping for myself to look for something as simple as a dress, I mean the last time, I wore one was at the party, I hated it and the time before that was when I was with Coulson's team, I had to wear one because I was undercover, and I was actually more comfortable in that then I was when I had to wear Tony's.

'I need a new suit, so I'm gonna need to head down to town', he says as I look up at him and nod whilst he jumps of and I hand him his letter whilst he looks back at me, 'aren't you coming', he said as I turned to him, '...don't you need to get something too', he asked as I nod again.

'Yeah, but I'll get mine afterwards, the event isn't until tomorrow anyway'.

'It's better if you just get it now, it'll just be a waste of time, besides, a lot of shops close early now', he implies as I agreed, he was right, they do. At least owners could at least stay open for longer, but I wasn't complaining, they have a hard time at it is and need to keep up with demand, so I finally jumped off and followed him down.

I put my journal in my room as I grabbed my jacket and we both headed out together, he was excited for some reason, I don't think he's been to anything special, I mean I was excited too, but he was more thrilled, seeing as I could see it written on his face.

________

I headed to the counter whilst Bucky got measured and fitted for a suit as I stood back and watched. He chose a black tuxedo with a red/marron handkerchief that was folded neatly into his pocket on the left side of the jacket, he looked really good, he looked way too sexy for his own good.

I quickly shake off my feeling and proceed to look for something for myself, at least I didn't need to go anywhere else because they had both women and men sections, and I was glad that I didn't need to go far.

I continued to look around, disagreeing with a lot of their choices, there was a lot that was strapless, some with no back, which I hated so I ignored that section all together.

There we're some that had slits down the side of it, with full length arms and at least there was cloth at the back of them. I didn't really mind wearing something that showed some part of my leg because to me at least that was one part of me that I liked so I wasn't really all that bothered.

________

I came upon the perfect one and brought it as the women gave me the bag after she put my shoes in and Bucky came over, I totally forgot he was getting fitted, I was so busy that it didn't cross my mind, 'I'll pay for his too', I said as Bucky budged me over and shook his head, 'Nope, I can pay for it myself', he implied as he smiled, and I did too, but discreetly so he didn't notice.

'Did you get anything', he asked as we left the store and I nodded, 'yeah, I did', I responded as he chuckled and took my bag so he could carry it, 'Bucky, I can carry it'.

'You're doing an awful job of it, so I'll carry it', he said as I rolled my eyes at him which he had noticed and chuckled under his breath whilst I grabbed his hand and tried to take it from him, 'aw, I didn't know you wanted to hold my hand', he mocked so I would let go and I did as I sighed in frustration, 'your annoying', I muttered under my breath as he laughed again.

________

We decided to go to it an hour late, there'd be too much of a crowd if we we're on time and I suggested it so it could die down a little which Bucky understood, and I was glad that he did.

I put my bag on the bed and took my shoes out of the box, they we're low heeled shoes so I made sure they we're comfortable enough to wear to the event. The only problem was what I was going to wear, it was a satin red skirt with a vintage lace top that had a collar with patterned design on it, I only got it so I could match him, I mean if he just chose a black handkerchief then I didnt really need to be wearing lighter colours, but I thought it'd be weird looking like I didn't even plan out what I was going to wear.

________

I pressed my sponge onto the points of my face that I put foundation on, I only used a little, so I didn't really need too much. I grabbed my blush and highlighted my cheeks and on top of my brows with it after I applied some blush. I chose to be bold and go with a red lip to match the skirt and Satin scarf I wore around my collar to act like some sort of tie, but it was fitted loosely.

Why the hell am I wearing makeup, the thought ran across my mind as I picked up the setting spray and quickly put it down. I grabbed a makeup remover wipe and took it to my face, but before I could wipe it off, I instantly heard the door knock, Bucky informing me that we we're going to be late.

I didn't even realise the time when I looked up at it, fuck, I'm going to waste another five minutes taking this off of my face. I quickly threw it away and got up as I grabbed the perfume Simmons gifted me and put it on, it smelled like Lilly petals, amber and rose wood which, for some reason, I grew to like after she told me that she actually made it, so, I wasn't about to upset her by not taking it when she gave it to me as a goodbye gift.

I grabbed my phone and put it into the pocket of the skirt, thank god that it had it because I wasn't about to go with a clutch.

I quickly picked up my skirt and put a gun in my leg strap as well as a dagger, I never go unprotected, anywhere, it was just a big rule I had if there was any trouble around me.

I looked at myself in the mirror, quickly looked at myself twice over and straightened the scarf I had tied around the collar as I saw how I wanted it and finally headed to the door.

The team went out for drinks, so it was only me and Bucky left at the compound, I mean I would've gone too, I never miss out on drinks, but I already had plans and I didn't want to disappoint Bucky if I cancelled on him and did something else. he was excited yesterday, and I wasn't about to let him down because I know how that feels.

I opened the door as I looked up at Bucky, 'sorry, I was doing something', I said as I saw his Adam's apple bobbing in and out and his eyes widened as I shut the door, 'shall we go', I said as he nodded his head, 'you look beautiful Doll', he blurted out, I think he was thinking it, but it just came out as my cheek went red a little and smiled under my breath whilst his did too after he realised.

I remembered why I put makeup on now, I felt embarrassed as the thought ran across my mind, what the hell was I thinking, god I'm an idiot.

At least no one was around to look at my embarrassing state, why did I feel the need to look beautiful for him or better yet match him, I'm so stupid.

'Why do you keep calling yourself stupid', Bucky asked as I quickly looked up at him and realised I was muttering under my breath, 'uhm, no reason', I quickly responded so I could brush away my feeling and thoughts altogether.

________

________

We looked around, they had an Egyptian and Greek part of the museum, the Egyptian part of it interested me more, I didn't know we had history like this, 'wow, I wonder how tall they we're', I said to myself.

'Probably like giants', Bucky responded as he laughed and saw my fascination whilst I laughed to, not knowing that he heard my question.

We saw mummy Cases, stones with calligraphy, amulets, a Black granite head of a queen or deity, I don't know which it was when I looked over it and read the inscription, 'They even mummified there cats', I heard Bucky say as I went over and looked at it, 'shit, they really wanted to preserve things didn't they', I responded as we both chuckled, and I let myself go again as I began to have fun with him.

'Hi Y/n', we both turned to museum director as she held a clip board and I greeted her like I did the other time's I had come here and she even greeted Bucky which I was surprised about, 'does he come here often too', I asked myself as they both shook hands after I did, 'so, I see you got my invitation', she implied as I shook my head, 'oh uhm, no, I'm Bucky's plus one', I said as she furrowed her brows, 'strange, I wrote both of your letters myself and sent it off, so you should've got it', she responded.

'Uhm no, maybe it got lost in the mail or hasn't been delivered out yet', I suggested as she nodded her head, 'yeah, that must be it... sorry about the misunderstanding'.

'It's fine, at least I got to come down', I said as she laughed slightly and nodded, 'yeah, well, have fun looking around, if you need anything... let me know', she says as I nod and shake her hand again whilst Bucky did too.

________

Bucky suddenly jumped out from nowhere as I stood back and gasped, 'seriously Bucky, don't do that', I said as he laughed, and I hit him over the arm whilst my heartbeat caught up again.

He poked at me as I slapped his hand away but kept doing it, 'Stop, you're going to make something fall over', I laughed out as he chuckled again.

He suddenly slipped over something and fell as I laughed, 'ha, ha, you deserved that', I mocked as he turned around, leaning on his elbows as he smirked, grabbed my arm, and pushed me down on top of him, 'see what happens when you laugh at me', he chuckled out as I cleared my throat whilst I looked down at him and we both quickly got up as soon as we heard people coming in our direction.

________

We soon heard the team laughing at us the whole time, the arguing for most part on who got the painting, we didn't even see them, we we're both just bickering like an old couple and that somehow was amusing to them, 'where did you two go', Nat asked.

'Uhm, there was an exhibition opening at the museum and Bucky had a plus one, so he took me', I replied as they chuckled under their breaths, seriously, any other day, I would've been fine with their interruptions but today was something that just felt right, I forgot about my troubles, and I didn't really need to think much about it.

'Yeah, it was a private event, so I thought we'd go down', he said after he went in thought but shook himself off, 'well, what was the arguing about', Wanda asked.

'About a painting we got, he wanted it all for himself and I wasn't about to let that happen', I implied as they chuckled.

________

I headed to my room and closed the door, before my hand fell off of the handle, someone knocked on the door as I opened it again, 'here you go, you left your scarf downstairs', Bucky said as I quickly remembered, 'right, I totally forgot about that, thanks', I responded as I took it from him, 'you know, it's still a little early, we could go to dinner',he said as I looked up at him, 'uhm, I don't know, the team might be out and Wanda might make something afterwards', I implied as I looked down at the time, it was eight in the evening.

'They've all gone to bed from all the drinks they had', he implied as I realised, some of them could've been drunk and wouldn't even remember that they had seen us last night, which made me glad, 'uhm, okay', I agreed as he finally smiled and I headed out with him whilst he grabbed my scarf again, 'what are you doing', I asked as he stepped forward and put it around my neck again, 'I like it with the scarf', he said as I finally understood and looked down at it, whilst he got it perfectly how it was before which actually made my snicker under my breath.

________

We ordered our food in a little dinner we found that was perfect and Bucky almost always laughing when he looked around the place, it wasn't a normal diner, it was one of those that if you had the chance to go back in time and you'd find yourself in an old fashioned diner, with a duke box in the corner of the store with red and white almost everywhere that you set your eyes on, then it was one of those.

I let Bucky order for us, he was happy, and I knew he wouldn't go wrong if he ordered, it looked like he knew exactly what to get to, so I let him and I even laughed at the fact that I'd never been in a place like this.

It almost looked familiar, but I couldn't make out what, so I shook of my thoughts as our food finally arrives, I saw two big juicy burgers, crinkled fries as the side of each basket and two milkshakes, 'here you go my loves... you two enjoy yourselves now', the old women said as I laughed under my breath and so did Bucky after I realised.

'What are you doing', I asked when I saw him taking the lid off his milkshake and dipping a fry in it, which made me make a face at him, 'that's disgusting', I said as he chuckled, 'firstly, don't mock something you haven't tried and secondly, It's really good', he responded as he took one of my fries, dipped it into his cup, took the access off and gave it to me as I look at it, 'try it before you judge it', he said as I rolled my eyes at him, I'm not even going to like it, I said to myself as I took a deep breath and put it into my mouth so I could quickly eat and swallow it.

To my surprise, it actually tasted really good, the salt on the fry complimented the sweetness of the milkshake and my taste buds just bursted with excitement that I put something in my mouth that was actually amazing to eat and Bucky laughed under his breath as he saw that I liked it, 'see, told you it was going to be good', he said as I opened up mine too and I ate it, 'wow, how has no one told me about this before', I said to myself again, 'now I just want the fries and milkshake', I muttered as he laughed out again, 'you have to at least have half a burger, I'll have the other half if you can't finish it', he implied as I nodded.

________

We we're both done, he reached out his hand to grab his last fry as I quickly grabbed it, dunked it in, and ate it, 'delicious', I said as he began to snicker.

'That was my Fry Doll', he implied as I put the lid on my milkshake and drank it, 'you we're too slow, sorry', I said as he chucked, grabbed the tray, and emptied it out into the bins as I got up with both our shakes and headed to the women, 'how much do we owe you', I asked.

'You've already paid Miss', she said as I furrowed my brows and looked up at her, 'oh, I paid, sorry, she didn't know', Bucky said as I looked at him and quickly realised he paid beforehand, 'you didn't need to pay for me Bucky, I could have paid', I said as he shook his head and walked out together, 'It's fine, besides, I still owe you from all the doughnuts you got me and the turntable', he said as he laughed, and I did too so he didn't notice.

He took his jacket off as soon as he realised it was getting colder and put it around me, 'I'm not really cold Bucky, you should've kept it on', I said.

'I'm hot so I figured you could carry it back for me', he said as I rolled my eyes at him as he laughed again and noticed. I didn't mind it though, it provided me with extra warmth, and I was actually grateful.

I could smell his cologne, wood, pine, and some part of it was spicy, I think nutmeg or something familiar, god, it was intoxicating, and I could just feel his warmth around me too.

________

I was at my door and opened it whilst I took the jacket off and handed it back to Bucky as he took it, stepped forward, and placed his face next time mine and I began to hold my breath. His right hand touched my cheek as he brought me closer and kissed the other side of my cheek, 'goodnight Doll', he whispered into my hair.

He eventually pulled away and walked back to his room as I was still stuck in place, his breath felt so good yet so familiar that I couldn't place it.

'Goodnight Bucky', I quickly said before he turned the corner to his room, turned and smiled as he nodded and headed there whilst I soon heard his door close.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

312K 8.5K 41
"Sorry, Ned. I've got places to be and daddy issues to avoid!" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (Y/N)'s got it all! A lifelong friend, a dea...
2.7K 42 12
You're Tony Starks daughter that he didn't know about. You get into a fight and are sent to live with him, you know very little about him, and he kno...
41.3K 1.2K 25
"Natasha, stop running." Bucky caught her wrist and forced her to look up at him. Her eyes were wild and frantic. "I can't." She pulled away. "Why no...
26.3K 673 9
Star is only a child, and her entire life has been dictated by HYDRA, anything she did was what they wanted to do. She is confused and scared, but th...