𝐭𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐬, 𝐦𝐒𝐀𝐞 𝐰𝐑𝐞�...

By m4yfield

In which he was her best friend before everything happened. "I know you love skittles. So I specifically didn... More

TAPES
CHAPTER ONE: THE VANISHING OF WILL BYERS
CHAPTER TWO: THE WEIRDO ON MAPLE STREET
CHAPTER THREE: HOLLY, JOLLY
CHAPTER FOUR: THE BODY
CHAPTER FIVE: THE FLEA AND THE ACROBAT
CHAPTER SIX: THE MONSTER
CHAPTER SEVEN: THE BATHTUB
CHAPTER EIGHT: THE UPSIDE DOWN
SEASON TWO
CHAPTER ONE: MADMAX
CHAPTER TWO: TRICK OR TREAT, FREAK
CHAPTER THREE: THE POLLYWOG
CHAPTER FOUR: WILL THE WISE
CHAPTER FIVE: DIG DUG
CHAPTER SIX: THE SPY
CHAPTER SEVEN: THE MIND FLAYER
CHAPTER EIGHT: THE MIND FLAYER PT2
CHAPTER NINE: THE GATE
SEASON THREE
CHAPTER ONE: SUZIE, DO YOU COPY?
CHAPTER TWO: THE MALL RATS
CHAPTER THREE: THE CASE OF THE MISSING LIFEGUARD
CHAPTER FOUR: THE SAUNA TEST
CHAPTER FIVE: THE FLAYED
CHAPTER SIX: E PLURIBUS UNUM
CHAPTER SEVEN: THE BITE
CHAPTER EIGHT: THE BATTLE OF STARCOURT 1
CHAPTER 9: THE BATTLE OF STARCOURT 2
SEASON FOUR
CHAPTER ONE: THE HELLFIRE CLUB
CHAPTER THREE: THE MONSTER AND THE SUPERHERO
CHAPTER FOUR: DEAR BILLY
CHAPTER FIVE: THE NINA PROJECT 1
CHAPTER SIX: THE NINA PROJECT 2
CHAPTER SEVEN: THE DIVE
CHAPTER EIGHT: THE MASSACRE AT HAWKINS LAB
CHAPTER NINE: PAPA 1
CHAPTER TEN: PAPA 2
CHAPTER ELEVEN: THE PIGGYBACK 1
CHAPTER TWELVE: THE PIGGYBACK 2

CHAPTER TWO: VECNA'S CURSE

6.4K 126 141
By m4yfield

"Just! Call! Him!" Andy Morris walked around the store where Jo and River stood in, and he only placed random tapes in random places.

"Yea, just do that, or whatever." Jo muttered from her spot from where she was helping a customer.

River let out an annoyed sigh, and she turned to Andy quickly, lowering her voice to a whisper.

"I'm nervous." His look of annoyance turned into one of confusion, before he slowly cracked a smile.

River wanted to call him, and she would it was just since soccer season began things have changed pretty much immensely between them.

"River? Nervous?"

"Shut up." She had hit the side of his arm quickly and walked off, around the counter and now next to him. "I just. I mean every time I ask Mike anyways he-he can't do it. Or he like, just says he can't at least."

Andy had rolled his eyes, picking up the store phone and shaking his head. "I'm tired of this stalling bullshit, River. You'll never know if you don't ask." He forced the phone into her hands, "I'm good at this relationship stuff. Got a lot of girlfriends last summer in camp."

River had mocked him and pushed him away as she turned to dial Mike's home phone number. She stood there as it rang for like 5 seconds, and he finally picked up.

"Hello?" He sounded tired, and his voice was slightly scratchy. River wouldn't admit it then and there, maybe not even for a while, but it was kinda hot.

"Hey, Mike um are you uh.." she turned to look to Andy who gave her a thumbs up, and she turned back away."Do you wanna pick me up and get ice cream. I like- I've been wanting it since last night." She returned the thumbs up to Andy and he had then nodded, walking off.

"Like today?" Mike questioned, and River opened her mouth to speak but thankfully he added on. "Yeah, yeah! That sounds good but, I don't like have a car. Don't know if you forgot that." He had teased her, and River could practically hear the smirk he had placed on his face right now.

"Well. A bike works. Bring your bike, Wheeler. I'm only at Music World." River ordered, and now she had smiled greatly, hearing his groan.

"My bike, River?"

She had only hummed a yes in response, and Mike laughed, "I'll be there quick."

After she placed the phone back down, staring at it with a soft smile.

Meanwhile, both Andy and Jo were occupied switching out the music on the they radio held in store.

Jo was watching as Andy had switched through the channels, and for a quick second, he had landed on one specific one.

"We can confirm that the body of a Hawkins High student-"

After those few words Andy had switched off again, and he continued to do so with every other channel.

Though River froze when she heard that. She was quick to look up, and her eyes stayed on the radio before gesturing to the radio.

"Wait, go back." River had began walking over to the two, and she watched as Andy went back one channel, looking up at her in confusion. He tilted his head as if asking her if he switched to the right one, and River shook her head. "No, no. More." She stepped forward and had gone back to the channel Andy had previously skipped, leaving it there.

"Police have not released the name, although we are told, they're currently in the process of notifying the family. This devastating event will be figured out. Stay safe-"

"Holy shit, did someone die?" Andy looked at both girls frantically, and he watched as Jo was now the one who only stared at the radio, the death topic was pretty sensitive to her, seeing as she lost her ex boyfriend to that.

"Someone from Hawkins High." She muttered, glancing up to River who stayed quiet, only gulping. She opened her mouth to speak, but the door opened, and the bell chimed along with it.

And with that, Mike stepped in with a smile, and a wave. HIS hair was messed up, and fluffed. You could tell he had been biking fast.

"Here to escort you from Music World."

River took a minute, before she gave him a soft smile, "Uh, I can't wait to see the luxurious ride you brought." She shook her head a bit, in attempt to take her mind off of what she'd just heard.

She sent a wave to her friends, and Mike only gave them a smile and nod. While she walked over he grabbed her hand and led them out of the store quickly.

"I know you only said ice cream, but is it alright if we hit a few other places too?" Mike had let go of her hand as he sat on his bike, allowing her to sit right behind him.

She was quiet for a minute as her arms found their way around Mike's torso. And with a deep breath she had found the words to say. Or in this case, word. "Like?"

"Well, if I told you that'd ruin it." He sighed, and gave a very fake sad expression to the girl who only laughed.

It was very easy to tell that River was uneasy though, and Mike kind of paused once he saw her facial expression. "Hey, R?" She was staring ahead before he called her name out, and he kind of snapped her out of her trance.

"Hm?"

"Are you alright?"

River stared at him for a minute before slowly nodding, "Yeah. Yeah. I'm fine, just.." His eyes searched hers, kind of eagerly as she talked. Because he knew something was wrong.

"Just could you stop at Family Video?"

"Why?" Mike furrowed his eyebrows. He looked forward, beginning to peddle, before glancing back at the quiet girl. The way too quiet girl.

˗ˏˋ✦ ✦ ✦'ˎ˗

Death in Hawkins had always seemed to be by something not so normal to the human life most were used to. River had quickly walked into Family Video as Mike held the door open for her, following behind.

Steve and Robin had been watching the TV, and soon the two siblings had looked at each other for a minute, and Steve pointed to the TV before both spoke in unison.

"Someone was murdered."

"Uh, yeah. I know." Steve remarked with a sigh, continuing to watch River as she walked over closer to the TV.

Mike looked around and his eyes stopped on River who stared up at the TV, gulping.

"Hello? The hell have you been? I've been calling Music World for like ever. All I got to pick up was Jo." Steve ambushed River with all of these words, and she looked to him with a roll of her eyes.

"Yea, did you talk to her?" She asked clearly in attempt to distract him, and it worked.

Steve gave a slow nod as Robin watched closely, her eyebrows raised, "Yea I mean we kinda talked, asked how she was, told me-" Now, all three were staring at him, and he shook his head, "That's not the point, River."

"Yea? Well it's not that easy to bike from Music World to here in such a short time, dude." The girl had retorted, and Mike threw his hands up.

"And not with two people on one bike."

Steve groaned and he turned, fixing his movie tapes on the counter, though keeping his eyes on the TV.

"Okay, River." Mike gave a look to River as he walked over, grabbing her arm gently. "Can I talk to you outside?"

She turned to him from the TV, and stared for a minute before nodding, mustering out a soft and quiet "Yeah."

Outside was slightly windy, and the breeze had been refreshing when coming from such an environment like Family Video. Humid, and small.

Mike leaned against the wall and River did as well. both of their hair had flown around, not too bad, but just enough for it to be easily noticed.

"River. What's wrong?" He asked, his tone full of concern and he let out a soft, nervous laugh. After around five seconds of avoiding eye contact, she looked up at him finally, jerking her head in confusion.

"What do you mean what's wrong? Someone just like- died?"

River didn't really know why exactly she was so worked up though. It was just a feeling, an instinct. The news had compared this to all the other tragedies in Hawkins, ones she was involved in. All of which. So it wasn't something she just couldn't worry about.

"I- I know, but it's just one thing River. Everything's gonna be fine afterwards." He softly placed his hands onto her shoulders, and he leaned down to make direct eye contact with her again.

"Mike," She spoke sternly. "When will you realize, everything is not always perfectly fine. And acting like it is won't change anything."

"What?" He stepped back and she continued to look up at him. "I just want you to be realistic. Cause, it doesn't seem like everything's all fine."

She continued to stare up at him quietly, and she stayed quiet for a few seconds until he spoke.

"Well, when will you realize that everything is perfectly fine? There's no need to ruin that by worrying yourself, R."

It did seem like she was making a big deal out of nothing but she most definitely was not.

He gave a sigh, and he just found himself gulping. Really all he wanted right now was his ice cream date with the girl. He didn't care if anyone said it wasn't okay, because he just wanted it to be.

River didn't answer, she just pushed herself up from the wall and reached for the door, leaving Mike to watch her.

He watched as she walked back inside, and he followed shortly behind.

Two teenagers that didn't speak looked up to see Dustin and Max, both in which looked back at them.

"Yeah, you wanna fill them in too?" Steve muttered, going back to the computer as did Dustin, leaving Max and Robin staring at the two.

Mike let out a big sigh, and he stared at their two friends, his mouth agape and his facial expression filled of annoyance. "On what."

˗ˏˋ✦ ✦ ✦'ˎ˗

Holding onto a phone, River stood by Max as she pressed it against her ear. "Eddie Munson. I'm just asking, have you talked to him. Any contact."

She listened to the voices on the other side of the line, nodding slowly. "Nope? Alright." She had marked one name off, setting the phone down, and looking to Mike who held the other, speaking into it.

She has not said a word to him since they walked back inside. When she thought of it, she felt bad. They were supposed to leave ages ago to go do their thing, but that was never even addressed by either of them.

But was she wrong back then? Eddie Munson was framed for a murder Dustin was sure he didn't do, and River didn't really think he did either.

So what had happened?

"I might have a lead." Max announced, and she glanced at all while doing so. In reaction, Mike put the phone down immediately and turned along with them.

"Apparently Eddie gets his drugs from some guy named Reefer Rick, and sometimes Eddie crashes there."

"Well, that sounds promising." Mike gave an eager nod, and he looked to Max who returned it. He was also super sure Eddie hadn't hurt anyone, because he knew him. And Eddie wasn't like that, Eddie was cool.

"Where does he live?" He asked and he stepped forward slightly.

"See, that's the thing. No one knows. He's more of a..a legend than someone people actually know."

"What about a last name?"

"Don't know that either."

"Bet the cops know the last name." Steve had added in, from his spot where he organized the random movies in hand.

"Huh?" River looked from Max to him, and she raised her eyebrows in slight confusion. Steve gave a weak shrug, popping his bottom lip out slightly before explaining.

"Cops. I mean listen if this Reefer Rick is actually a drug dealer, guarantee you he's been busted at some point. Means he's in the system."

"The cops?" Dustin questioned, "Really, Steve? That's your suggestion?" In disbelief, Dustin walked forward.

"I just think they should be filled in on what we know, what's going on."

"You think Eddie's guilty, don't you?"

"I believe in innocent until proven guilty, all that constitutional shit." As he spoke, Steve waved his hands around and then shrugged once again, "I just you know, just don't think we can rule it out."

"That's precisely what we're trying to do here, Steve." Max furrowed her eyebrows and shook her head while Dustin pointed to her in agreement. The group had been confused on whether or not Steve had even been listening the past hour.

"And maybe, we'd have a little bit more luck, if you spent less time trying to find a girlfriend, and more time trying to find Eddie!"

"Somebody had to attend the customers!" Steve defended, gesturing to the store as he did so.

With a wink, Robin agreed, and she said, "Especially if they're babes, right?"

"Hey, not fair. Okay? I attend all customers equally, babes and non-babes alike. We've got a very big selection in here, it can be super overwhelming for people." Steve glanced to River as if he was asking her to help and she was only giving all of them a blank stare, including Mike.

But as she had seen Steve's look to her, she sighed, shifting her stance and standing up straight. "Yea well Dustin, it's not like Steve can just track people." She muttered, and watched Dustin's face fall.

After she had said that, Robin looked to her, raising both eyebrows and pointing to River, "That's not entirely true." And with that, Robin made her way to the computer.

˗ˏˋ✦ ✦ ✦'ˎ˗

Come nighttime Mike found himself squished up in a car with all of the others, and still not getting Ice cream with River. Did he even expect it at this point? No. But there was still that small hint of hope she'd give up and offer to finally go.

He stayed quiet most of the car ride, as did River, and after a while they finally made it to Rick's place. River was first to get out. Being stuck in the back seat with four, that's only meant for three isn't the best.

While they stood at the front door, it seemed as if Dustin thought the more he'd ring the doorbell, the higher their chances of finding Eddie were.

"Dustin, he's not there." River groaned, and she threw her head back, before watching as he continued to knock.

"Eddie! It's Dustin!! Look, we just wanna talk, okay? No cops, I swear. We just wanna help."

"Reefer Rick!!" Dustin continued screaming, ignoring the shushes from both River and Mike.

"Dustin. He is not there." River stated firmly, and she continued looking through the windows for a quick second before backing up.

"You're gonna scare Eddie away." Mike shook his head, and he rolled his eyes after adding onto River comment.

"He could just be really high."

"Oh, yeah. That must be it." She sarcastically smiled, nodding and Dustin rolled his eyes before turning again.

After looking away from the frantic Dustin, Mike had walked off, and he was pointing his flashlight up before he stopped in his tracks.

"Hey!" He called out, and the rest walked over quickly, River looking up to see the smug smile across his face. "Think our Hellfire leader could be in there?"

The group six all stared at a boathouse, and the light in front was on, and bright.

"I think so." River responded, her lips curving into a small smile. That was the first thing she's said to Mike in a while.

Before the rest had, Steve began walking over. His younger sister followed right behind, and then the rest came.

"Hello? Is anyone home?" Robin was first to peek her head inside, though, and she slowly walked in with the others.

"What a dump." Steve commented, and River hummed in agreement, by her spot next to him. She flashed her light everywhere, studying almost everything. The paint bottles, the buckets filled with dirty rags, the beat up walls, and more.

Steve had stuck his oar he held into a boat aggressively, startling all. Mike watched him, with a blank stare, and River glanced to him from the random stuff she looked at.

"What are you doing?" She asked, and he looked down at her with a tilt of his head.

"Could be in here." He said this as if it was obvious, and then went back to what he was doing, which caused all the kids to roll their eyes at him. It obviously wasn't the smartest idea, probably the least.

"So take the tarp off!" Dustin exclaimed, gesturing to the boat they all stood in front of.

"If you're so brave, you take the tarp off."

Mike had now walked over, to watch from a closer view and the three watched as Steve continued to hit the tarp instead of taking it off.

"So brave, Steve." River smiled, looking up at him and once he looked to her, she dropped it, shaking her head and sighing.

"Yeah real funny, River. You take the tarp off, then."

"That I will." She shrugged, reaching for it only for Mike to gently grab her hand and pull it back. Dustin, Steve, and River herself looked up to him in confusion, and Mike only shook his head.

"That she won't. If anything's in there I don't want it going for my girlfriend first." River liked the first thing he said about her in a while was this, for some reason.

"Mike it's a tarp, I doubt anything's under there." River softly protested and he sighed, letting go of her arm.

Once she reached for it again, someone had popped up, and it did not go for Mike Wheeler's girlfriend, it went for Steve.

Though, River still let out a scream. Mike pulled her back quickly and held her from behind by her waist protectively, and after that they'd watched Eddie press his knife against Steve's neck.

"Eddie! Eddie!" Both Dustin and Mike had yelled out and River attempted to run over once Mike let her go, but he only grabbed her again. "Stop! Eddie! It's me, it's Dustin. This is Steve, he's not gonna hurt you, right Steve?."

"Why don't you drop the oar?"

With that Steve dropped it, and River watched, her mouth parted in shock. She attempted to force herself forward, once again to help Steve and Mike yelled out, continuing to hold her back.

"He's cool! He's cool!" Mike yelled to Eddie, taking one of his hands and pointing to Steve aggressively.

"I'm cool man, I'm cool." Steve choked out quietly, almost shutting his eyes completely in fear.

"What are you doing here?" Eddie had asked all, though he kept his eyes on Steve, and his stare was crazy.

"We're looking for you."

"We're here to help."

"Eddie, these are our friends." Dustin said, "You know Robin, from band." With that Robin air played a trumpet, before he pointed to Max, "This is my friend Max, the one who never wants to play D&D." Max waved, and Dustin went on.

"This is my friend River, the one who threatened you last month?" Dustin brought up the time River did do that, and he pointed to her. She stared at them, still in shock and nodded slowly.

"And this! This is Mike. You know Mike, Eddie." Dustin pleaded as he pointed to Mike.

"You know me. Come on, Eddie. We're on your side." Mike added, and Eddie stared at them all, "We swear, right?!"

All had nodded quickly, "On my mother!" Dustin raised his voice once again, and all agreed.

"On Dustin's mother, yeah." River's small voice was barely heard by Eddie, but nonetheless, he let go of Steve.

Steve held his neck, and Mike let River go, the first thing she did being walking up to Steve studying his neck.

"I'm fine, yeah. I'm fine, River." He assured her, before she slowly walked backwards, patting his shoulder.

After that, they all looked to Eddie, who sat and stared at the floor. It was like you could tell exactly by his eyes, exactly by his facial expression, that he didn't do shit to Chrissy.

"Eddie." Dustin started carefully, "We just want to talk."

Both Mike and Dustin were kneeled in front of him, and Mike reached for the knife in which Eddie pulled away.

"Okay." Dustin held his hand up to Mike, then the rest.

"We wanna know what happened." Robin had made her way over as well, and then Eddie looked to her.

"You won't believe me." His voice broke, and his hands shook.

"Try us." River spoke in almost a whisper, and Eddie had looked to her, and all River gave was a stare as she held her flashlight up at him.

˗ˏˋ✦ ✦ ✦'ˎ˗

"Her body, just like..lifted up into the air, and uh..she just like hung there." As Eddie explained this to everyone, he didn't look at any of them, or make any eye contact. "In the air. And her bones uh.." his voice broke, and he shut his eyes for a quick second as he mentioned her bones.

He kind of whimpered, when his eyes were closed. It was clear he was envisioning it once again. What happened. "Her bones, started to snap."

"Her eyes, man. It was like, there was something inside her head, pulling. I didn't know what to do so I-I..I ran away. I left her there." He was crying, and he looked away from all of them, sort of letting out a scoff.

"You all think I'm crazy, right?"

"Not at all-" Mike started, until Eddie had broke out, startling most of them.

"No, don't bullshit me, man. I know how this sounds."

"We're not bullshitting you." Max assured, her eyes attempted to search Eddie's but again, he wouldn't make eye contact. Not until he knew they really believed him.

"We believe you." Robin assured him as well, and as she said this she let a small smile break out across her face.

"Look." Dustin sighed, "What we're about to tell you might be a little difficult to take."

"Okay." Eddie let out softly, kind of in a croak, and he looked to them again, finally.

"You know how people say Hawkins is cursed?" Mike asked, causing Eddie to now look to him. He slowly nodded in response, and Mike went on. "Well they're not entirely wrong."

"Yea." Dustin agreed, and the rest watched. They watched the two boys talk to Eddie, and explain it all.

"There's another world. A world hidden beneath Hawkins. Sometimes it bleeds into ours." Dustin began, starting off to explain.

"Like ghosts and shit?" Eddie asked and he gave a look of confusion back to Dustin who stared at him.

"There are somethings worse then ghosts." Max quietly informed him from where she leaned against a wooden pillar.

"These monsters from this other world, we thought they were gone. But they've come back before, and that's why we needed to find you."

"If they're back, we have to know." As River's voice was heard all three boys looked to her, and she looked to Mike. "We have to know."

"That night. Did you see anything?" Robin slowly question, speaking gently seeing the state Eddie was clearly in.

"Dark particles maybe?" Max added on, really testing to see if he had seen any signs of the upside down.

"Almost like dust, or something." Mike added, in hopes Eddie would inform them. "Swirling dust."

"No, Wheeler. There was nothing you could see or, uh.. or touch." Eddie denied and he shook his head. "I tried to wake her, man. She couldn't move. It was like she-she was in a trance or something. A curse."

"Vecna's curse." Dustin looked to Mike quickly, and the boy had slightly widened his eyes, muttering.

"Yeah."

"W-who's Vecna?" Steve asked and River furrowed her eyebrows waiting for them to answer, because none of them other than Eddie, Mike, an Dustin knew.

"An undead creature of great power."

"A spell caster." Mike whispered, almost just to himself, and he only stared at the ground now. "A dark wizard."

A/N
HELLO

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4M 103K 42
"Two damaged people trying to heal each other is love." He mumbled. In which a boy that came from an abusive home fell in love with a girl who felt l...
39.5K 546 60
[ π‚πŽπŒππ‹π„π“π„πƒ ] β™₯︎ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’π’Šπ’‘π’” π’Š 𝒖𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍 π’‰π’π’Žπ’†, 𝒔𝒐 𝒔𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒆𝒕, π’Šπ’• π’˜π’‚π’” 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐧 Β« π‘–π‘šπ‘Žπ‘”π‘–π‘›π‘’π‘  π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘...
12.4K 254 38
𝖨𝖭 𝖢𝖧𝖨𝖒𝖧: 𝖺 π–»π—ˆπ—’ π—€π—ˆπ–Ύπ—Œ π—†π—‚π—Œπ—Œπ—‚π—‡π—€ 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇 π—ˆπ—‡π–Ύ 𝗇𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝖺𝗇𝖽 π—π—‚π—Œ π–Ώπ—‹π—‚π–Ύπ—‡π–½π—Œ 𝗍𝗋𝗒 π—π—ˆ π–½π—ˆ 𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗒𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀...