Inner Peace - LOK fanfic

By BookLover905

. Some friendships are so strong They can even... More

Prologue
Inner Peace
Elira
Trailer
Welcome to Republic City Pt.1
Welcome To Republic City Pt.2
A Leaf In The Wind Pt.1
A Leaf In The Wind P.t 2
The Revelation Pt. 1
The Revelation Pt. 2
A Voice In The Night
The Spirit of Competition
And The Winner Is...
The Aftermath Pt. 1
The Aftermath Pt.2
When Extremes meet
Out Of The Past
Turning the Tides
Skeletons in the Closet
Endgame! Part 1
Endgame! Part 2
Rebel Spirit pt. 1
Rebel Spirit pt.2
The Southern Lights
Civil Wars Pt 1
Civil Wars Pt 2
Peacekeepers
The Sting
The Guide
A New Spiritual Age
Night Of A Thousand Stars Pt 1
Night Of A Thousand Stars pt. 2
Darkness Falls
Light in the Dark
A Breath of Fresh Air
Rebirth Pt.1
Rebirth Pt. 2
The Earth Queen
In Harms Way Pt.1
In Harms Way Pt. 2
The Metal Clan
Old Wounds
Republic City Hustle
The Terror Within Pt. 1
The Terror Within Pt. 2
The Stakeout
Long Live The Queen

Harmonic Convergence

907 23 1
By BookLover905

Daybreak soon arrived but Elira had not left Jinora's side. When Kya came to attempt to heal the young girl, El was sat by the tub watching in silent worry as her sister remained unresponsive. 

Out on the deck, Bumi was playing a flute next to Oogi as Korra practised her airbending, with Tenzin, Zira and Mako watching. Bolin then approached his brother wearing a large purple coat and eating a piece of pie. 

"What's up with the coat? And where did you get that pie?" Mako asked 

"It's a Varrick ship, you never know what you're gonna find. There's a whole level filled with fun-house mirrors. Of course, there's also the catgator deck" Bolin turned around, showing his coat had a large hole in it

" I miss that guy, he really knew how to make a long trip interesting. By the way, have you seen El anywhere? I wanna show her the funhouse room. Try and, you know, get her mind off things" 

"I haven't seen her since last night. She's probably watching over Jinora" Mako shook his head

"I'm worried about her" Bolin sighed, looking to the side before changing the subject

 "So, have you told Korra yet about how you guys broke up, and you kinda started dating Asami while she was off getting attacked by dark spirits?" 

"Will you keep it down?" Mako hissed " And you're one to talk. When are you gonna tell El you feel the same way about her?" 

"I'll tell her once this is all over. Right now, all she's concerned about is saving Jinora" Bolin explained "And stop avoiding the question. Why won't you tell Korra?"  

Mako crossed his arms "I'm...waiting for the right moment" 

"Oh Mako" Bolin smirked and placed a hand on his brother's shoulder "You know a wise man once told me that delivering bad news to a girlfriend was like ripping off a blood-sucking leech: you just have to do it fast and get it over with" 

"I hate it when you listen to me" Mako groaned " Fine! " 

"Unalaq will be waiting for you. You'll need all of your Avatar power to stop him." Tenzin declared as Korra attacked the target in front of her. 

" I'm going to close the spirit portals, lock Vaatu in for another ten thousand years, and make Unalaq wish he'd never been born!"  Using her firebending, Korra blasted the head off the practice target making it land in front of Mako's feet. 

He picked it up with a worried expression as Korra approached. 

"Thanks, Mako," She said, taking the head 

"Uh ... Um ..." Mako stuttered when she went to walk away 

"Did you want something?" Korra looked over her shoulder 

"Uh no, no, nothing." 

Korra looked at him strangely before going back to her training. As soon as she had walked away, Mako groaned in frustration and Bolin slid to his side smirking. 

"Weren't you going to find El?" The firebender huffed 

Bolin just continued to smirk, holding his hands up in defence as he left to find his best friend. 

*

Up in Jinora's room, El had changed her sister out of her wet clothes and was tucking her back into bed after her healing session. Not that it did much help. Her sister was slipping away, she could feel it. Pichi hopped up onto the bed, laying down beside Jinora's still form with a sad chitter.  

El gently moved some of her sister's hair out of her face, her eyes glistening. 

(Flash-Back) 

El was 7 the day Jinora was born. She was sitting outside the delivery room, waiting anxiously for her father to call her in. Swinging her legs back and forth, she looked up when she heard someone approach, seeing her Aunt Ursa sitting beside her. She had come to visit for a few weeks. 

"How are you feeling, sweetie? Excited to be a big sister?" She grinned 

"I'm scared" El played with her hands "I don't know how to be a big sister" 

"Well, neither did I before your dad was born. But I learned easy enough" Ursa smiled softly

"So you know what to do?" El looked up at her aunt

"I like to think so" Ursa nodded "First off, to be a good big sister, you have to be their friend. Play with them, have fun together, cause mischief " 

El giggled a little 

"You also have to be a role model. Be that positive influence in their life" Ursa explained 

"Infooance?" El tilted her head, trying to pronounce the word 

"Meaning you show them right from wrong" Ursa gave a small chuckle at the girl's innocence "You need to be a mother figure. Tuck them into bed at night, watch over them when they're sick, comfort them when they're scared." 

"Just like mommy" El smiled

"Yes, just like your mom. And lastly, the most important job you have as a big sister...you have to protect them. Keep them safe from monsters and people who would do them harm. You think you can do that?" Ursa asked

"I'll try, but...what if I mess up?" El frowned

"Well, that's just part of being human. We all make mistakes, and you will too. But mistakes can be fixed. Maybe not right away, but if you put the effort in, there's nothing that can't be fixed" 

The little airbender grinned up at her aunt. Now feeling a lot more confident in herself. Hearing the door slide open, El looked over to see Tenzin walking out along with a couple of Air Acolyte midwives. 

He smiled down at her. "Elira, come. Meet your new baby sister" 

Standing up, El took her father's hand and he led her into the room with Ursa following behind them. Inside Pema was laying on a bed with a bundle in her arms, looking up when the two entered. 

"Hey, there you are. El, come here" She gestured to the little girl over who happily clambered onto the bed beside her. 

"This is Jinora" Elira smiled as the baby in her mother's arms cooed reaching out for her sister. 

"Can I hold her?" She asked 

"Okay, but be very gentle" Pema carefully passed baby Jinora over to her eldest daughter as Tenzin joined her side, smiling softly at the sight. 

El cradled her baby sister gently, just like her mother instructed. 

"Hello, Jinora. I'm El, your big sister" The young airbender grinned and Jinora cooed at her again "And so long as I'm here, no monster will ever hurt you! I promise!" 

*

A sudden gentle knock on the door broke El out of her flashback. Rubbing her eyes she glanced over to see Bolin then walked in with a tray in his hands and Pabu on his shoulder. 

"Hey, I brought you some food since you weren't at breakfast" He sat down next to her beside Jinora's bed. 

Pabu jumped off his shoulder onto the bed, lying next to Pichi, as Bolin placed the tray in El's lap. It had a glass of water and a slice of pie on it. The airbender stared at it for a second before moving to the bedside table. 

"I'm not hungry" She muttered turning back to her sister. 

"You've gotta eat something. Just a few bites" Bolin pushed gently, picking up the plate of pie from the tray "It's blueberry, your favourite" 

El still didn't touch it, her gaze fixed on her unmoving sister. Bolin sighed and placed the pie back on the tray. The two sat in silence for a bit, Bolin continuing to glance sadly at El every so often. 

"Bo?" The airbender finally muttered, "Will you do me a favour?" 

"Yeah, sure, what is it?" 

"Will you watch over my body?" 

"What?" Bolin watched in confusion as Elira placed her fists together. 

"I'm going into the Spirit World and I'm gonna find Jinora myself" She declared 

"What?! El, no! You won't have your bending!" Bolin grabbed her hands, preventing her from entering as Pichi and Pabu looked up from the bed in concern. 

"El, you go in by yourself, you'll be defenceless and--" 

"But it's my fault!" Elira snapped making Bolin pause as she covered her face in shame.

"I promised I'd always protect her. That's why I wanted to be the one to take her into the Spirit World for the first time. So I could keep her safe. If I had just not listened to Dad, if I'd gone with them to the temples like I was supposed to, then this wouldn't have happened. Jinora wouldn't be clinging to life. She'd be at home, safe with the others" El ranted, tears falling freely down her face. 

Bolin frowned sadly, wrapping his arm around the girl comfortingly, pulling her close to his side "It wasn't your fault, El. You didn't know this would happen, none of us did. If anyone's to blame, it's Unalaq. He's the one messing with the spirits, okay? It wasn't your fault and I'm sure if Jinora were here right now she'd say the same" 

El sighed and wiped her eyes "Yeah, I guess your right" 

"I know I am" Bolin smirked and Elira gave a small smile "Come on, the others are probably waiting for us" 

Nodding, the two got up and Elira kissed Jinora's forehead before taking Bolin's hand. 

"Take care of her, guys. I'll be back later" She looked down at the two animals on the bed. 

They both sat up straight with small chirps and chitters as the duo left.  

*

"As soon as we reach the Southern Water Tribe, we'll blast through the blockade at the main portal" Tenzin explained when Elira and Bolin joined them on deck "Then we can rendezvous with Tonraq and his troops, crash through the defences around the portal, and enter the Spirit World" 

"Woah! Since when does my little brother wanna crash or blast through anything?" Ursa asked, looking surprised 

"I'll do whatever it takes to save my daughter." Tenzin declared 

"So will I" Elira added

"We all want to save Jinora" Bumi approached them "But I think your plan might be a tad over-aggressive, seeing as there are only nine of us and one ship" 

"Really? And what do you suggest?" Tenzin questioned, looking annoyed 

"An attack like this calls for strategy. I remember when I was surrounded by pirates at the Hurricane Straits. We managed to capture them all, with just a feather, two eggs and a barrel of molasses." Bumi explained dramatically 

"I don't want to hear any of your crazy stories now! This is serious!" Tenzin snapped and Bumi crossed his arms scowling. 

"Tenzin, I know you're worried about Jinora, we all are. But don't take out your frustrations on your brother" Zira scolded 

Asami then came up to the group, she looked worried. 

"Are we almost there?" Bolin asked 

"Almost, but ... I just picked up a distress signal from the southern troops. There's a problem." She explained and the others looked shocked and worried. 

*

They soon arrived at the  White Lotus compound at the South Pole. Korra rode in on Naga while the others flew on Oogi. 

As Oogi landed outside the healing hut, Senna was walking down the steps towards them. 

"Mom!" Korra jumped off Naga. embracing her mother 

"I'm so happy you're here." Senna smiled 

"Where's Dad?" Korra asked 

Senna's face fell "Unalaq wiped out the entire southern resistance, and captured your father."

Korra looked shocked for a moment before her face hardened in determination. 

" I'll get him back." She declared as the others came up behind her, El carrying Jinora's body. 

"Senna, where's Katara?" Zira asked 

"She's in the healing hut. So many injured." Senna replied 

Rushing into the healing hut, the group were greeted with the sight of countless injured men with female healers hurrying around tending to them. Zira spotted Katara healing one of the men and quickly called out to her. 

"Tara!"

 The waterbender turned around and her eyes widened in shock upon seeing Jinora's unconscious form in El's arms. 

"What happened?" She rushed over 

"Her soul is trapped in the Spirit World," Tenzin said 

"Oh my goodness! How long has she been away?" 

"Almost a week. I've tried to keep her energy flowing, but I can feel her slipping away" Kya explained making El close her eyes, holding her sister tighter "You're the only one who can help her now, Mom" 

Katara looked worried "Bring her here, quickly" 

El hurried behind her over to a healing tub and gently lowered her sister into the water. Stepping back Bolin wrapped his arm around her comfortingly as Katara began to tend to Jinora. 

"How much longer can she survive like this?" Tenzin questioned

"I don't know, but she is very strong to have lasted this long," Katara replied 

*

A little bit later, the group was outside talking. 

"I talked to the rebels. They said Unalaq's got the southern portal surrounded. Harmonic Convergence is only a few hours away." Korra explained, looking worried 

"Then we have to break through the enemy lines ourselves and get to the portal now." Tenzin declared 

"There's no use in talking anymore. We know what our mission is." Ursa stated 

"A suicide mission ..." Bolin muttered making everyone pause and stare at him. 

"It may be a suicide mission, Bo, but we have no other choice" Elira crossed her arms. 

"You know, I was in a similar situation once" Bumi claimed "My platoon had crawled through the desert with no water for a week! But when we finally located the only oasis for a hundred miles" 

The others listened to Bumi's story in disbelief while Elira looked interested and Zira just smiled at her son. 

"It was surrounded by angry sandbenders. I realized our only chance to get to the water was to drop in from above. So I fashioned together a catapult, and with the help of a few well-trained hog monkeys ..." 

"Enough of your ridiculous lies! Can't you see that the fate of the world and Jinora's life depends on what we do here today?!" Tenzin yelled, cutting off his brother 

"Tenzin! What did I tell you this morning?" Zira scolded once again as Bumi looked upset. 

"Hold on, maybe Bumi's right" Asami cut in making the group turn to her "We don't have a catapult and hog monkeys, but we have a flying bison and there's a plane on Varrick's ship. Maybe we can attack from above." 

"What are you thinking?" Korra asked 

"Mako, Bolin and I can use the plane to create a distraction and scatter some of the defences. You and the others can fly into the spirit portal on Oogi when you see an opening" Asami explained 

"You go on, I'll only slow you down. I'll stay here and keep an eye on Jinora" Zira added 

"Thank you, mother" Tenzin smiled as Zira embraced him. 

"Let's get moving." Korra declared 

They all climbed onto Oogie while Zira watched with Naga, Pabu and Pichi. 

"Stay safe, all of you!" She waved as they left. 

"We will, mom!" Bumi waved back

"I know you can do it" Zira smiled before turning and heading back to the healing hut. Leaving Naga, Pabu and Pichi watching sadly as the bison disappeared. 

*

The wind whipped through El's hair as she sat in Oogi's saddle. The plane from Varrick's ship, in which Asami was piloting, flew close by with Bolin and Mako attached to the wings with harnesses. 

 Asami glanced over and gave the thumbs up to Tenzin, who nodded in return before the group split up, Asami and the boys heading straight for Unalaq's compound. 

"Are you ready?!" Asami yelled over the wind at Bolin was hanging on tightly to the plane's wing looking terrified. 

"I'm an earthbender, strapped to the wing of a plane, hundreds of feet in the air, so...no?" He replied 

"Don't worry, there's no way they'll be expecting this," Mako reassured his brother

Coming out of the clouds, they had reached the compound surrounding the Spirit portal. Only to find Spirits encircling the portal to the Spirit World from above and Northern Water Tribe soldiers ready to fight from below.

 "I think they were expecting it!" Bolin yelled 

The soldiers began their attack, shooting icicles out toward the plane which managed to dodge the incoming projectiles.

"Asami!" Bolin screamed in terror 

"Get ready!" She yelled, manoeuvring the plan to avoid more projectiles. Getting closer to the compound 

" Fire!" 

At her command, Mako firebent at the compound below, causing explosions as the plane passed.  

The plane rose once again, avoiding more projectiles, circling around and approaching again. Looking down, the trio spotted mecha tanks ready to fire at them. So as they made another pass, Bolin earthbent explosives out of his bag and onto the mecha tanks. 

When they were a good distance away, Bolin looked over his shoulder and detonated the explosives, destroying the mecha tanks.

As the plane continues its attack, Oogi approached the compound.

"There are spirits everywhere. I don't see an opening." Korra said 

"Let's circle around and see if we can find a way in from the other side" Tenzin suggested

"Uh, dad?" El pointed at the portal where a hoard of dark spirits was charging out of "We got company!" 

" Hold on!" Tenzin pulled Oogi's reigns to dodge the first attack 

As Oogi dived away from the spirit more chased after them. One of the larger ones even attached itself to Oogi's underbelly. 

As another spirit jumped on, it was quickly airbent off by El as behind her, Kya, Korra and Ursa used their bending to keep the spirits away. 

"The spirits are weighting Oogi down! We're losing altitude!" Tenzin yelled as Oogi let out a roar

"Get off of him you sticky, nasty little blob of goo!" Bumi began kicking at a spirit attached to Oogi's tail. 

 "Woah!"  The spirit swiped at him, tripping him but he grabbed hold of it before he fell. 

"Uncle Bumi!" El cried, holding her hand out for him to grab. 

Bumi reached for his niece's hand but paused and glared at the spirit over his shoulder "If I go, you're coming with me!" 

The spirit growled and let go! 

"Bumi!" Ursa yelled as her brother and the spirit fell

*

Asami and the boys continued their attack. 

The soldiers sent another wave of projectiles at them. 

One of the icicles ended up hitting the tail wing, damaging the plane. 

Mako responded with his firebending, creating a wave of fire in front of the soldiers knocking them down. 

As the plane made another run, a trail of smoke trailing behind it, Bolin bent more explosives down and blew up the compound.

" I wish Varrick was filming this! We could call it "Nuktuk: Sky Warrior"!" Bolin grinned

Suddenly the plane was hit by two streams of water, cutting off the tail of the plane! 

It erupted into smoke and fire as it began its quick descent! 

"Brace yourselves!" Asami yelled, trying to steady the plane as they neared the ground 

They crashed landed. The plane left a flaming wreckage and the trio sprawled unconscious in the snow. 

  Back up in the air, Oogi wasn't doing too good. The spirit wrapped around his body continuing to pull him down. 

Knowing they were going to crash, Tenzin turned at the last minute toward his daughter. 

"Elira!" He went to grab a hold of her, to try and take the brute of the impact but Oogi had already crash-landed before he could, sending them all flying into the snow where they lay there unconscious. 

*

El was the first to wake up, finding herself tied up along with her father, aunt and Kya while Korra was laying on the floor with chains around her wrists. Across from her, Korra's father, Tonraq, was also tied to a pole looking extremely beaten. 

"Korra?" El nudged the Avatar with her foot, trying to wake her "Korra, wake up" 

Slowly, Korra opened her eyes and sat up "Hey, are you okay?" 

"It's not me you should be asking that" El nodded toward Tonraq and Korra turned to her father. 

"Dad ..." She muttered, crawling towards him. 

" Korra ... I'm so sorry. I failed you." Tonraq lowered his head in shame. 

" Don't give up. Harmonic Convergence isn't here yet. We still have a chance." Korra declared before the tent flap opened and soldiers entered along with Eska and Desna, dragging Bolin, Mako and Asami with them. 

They threw the trio down, their hands bound. 

"We tried," Mako muttered in defeat 

El looked down, feeling tears start to build again. No, it couldn't be over. It couldn't be. 

She looked up as the tent flap opened again and Unalaq sauntered in. She scowled and glared at the man responsible for kidnapping her sister. 

"Congratulations, everyone. You've all got front row seats for the beginning of a new world order." He smirked 

"You don't know what you're doing, Unalaq. Freeing Vaatu won't make you powerful, it will only make you a traitor to everything good that's happened over the last ten thousand years." Korra tried to reason with her uncle.  

"You think what Avatar Wan did was good? Driving almost all the spirits from this world?" Unalaq scoffed "The Avatar hasn't brought balance, only chaos. You call yourself the bridge between the two worlds,  but there shouldn't be a bridge: we should live together as one." 

"Even if Vaatu escapes, I'll put him right back in his prison, just like Wan did." Korra glared 

"It's true that when Wan fused with Raava he tipped the scales in her favour, but this time I'll be here to level the playing field. When Harmonic Convergence comes, I will fuse with Vaatu, and together we will become the new Avatar: a Dark Avatar" Unalaq boasted, missing the shocked look his children gave him. 

"Your era is over." He smirked 

"Think about what you're doing. I know that you've always had a deep connection with the spirits, but you're still a man. You're still my brother, you're Eska and Desna's father. Are you willing to throw your humanity away to become a monster?" Tonraq pleaded 

" I'll be no more of a monster than your own daughter. The only difference is that while she can barely recognize her own spiritual power, I will be in complete alignment with mine. Vaatu and I will be as one. No one will be able to stand against us." Unalaq declared before turning his back 

"At least Korra's not a monster who kidnaps innocent children!" Elira snapped causing Unalaq to pause and look at the airbender over his shoulder. 

She was breathing heavily. Trying very hard not to break her oath and go absolutely mad at the man. 

"Where is she?" She seethed 

 "Somewhere you'll never find her...Not in time at least. How long has it been now? A week? She won't last much longer, but I'm sure you already knew that Master Elira" Unalaq smirked cruelly

Elira felt her heart drop but refused to show it, glaring daggers at Unalaq's back as he turned to the twins. 

"Keep them locked up. After the Harmonic Convergence, I will come for Korra." He ordered them

"Yes, Father," Eska replied 

Desna made eye contact with Elira, but she glared at him for a moment before looking down and shutting her eyes. 

" I failed in every way. We've lost Jinora forever." Tenzin muttered in despair as Elira lifted her head slightly. Her eyebrows furrowing in thought. 

 "There's still a chance, Tenzin" Ursa encouraged 

" They didn't get Bumi," Kya added but Tenzin just groaned slightly. 

*

Elira didn't know how long they'd been in the tent. All she knew was that Harmonic Convergence was getting closer...and Jinora's time was running out. 

"Eska, Desna, listen to me. You've got to help us stop Unalaq. I know he's your father, but Vaatu has made him completely crazy." Korra pleaded 

"We will never turn on our father," Eska replied 

"Please. If you let me out now, I can still stop him from destroying everything. Once he fuses with Vaatu, no one will be safe. Desna, he won't be your father anymore." Korra continued trying to convince her cousins. 

"You don't know what you're talking about!" Desna snapped, approaching the Avatar" Our father is the wisest man in the world. If he says what he is doing is right, I believe him." 

"Desna..." El called making the prince turn to her, his gaze softening at her watery eyes "I know you love your father and you want to make him proud, I understand that. But please...He took my sister, he took Jinora" 

El felt tears start to drip down her chin" Please, I'm begging you. She doesn't have that much time. Help me save her...Help me" 

Desna stared down at the airbender, looking unsure what to do. He wanted to help Elira but knew he couldn't disobey his father. The others watched in silence, unsure what the prince's decision would be. 

Slowly, Desna went to take a step forward but Eska caught his arm. 

"Desna" She gave him a hard look 

He glanced between his sister and Elira but before he could do anything, Bumi suddenly slid into the tent strapped to a chair, knocking over the twins and stopping in front of the group. 

"Bumi?" Ursa gasped 

"All right guys, rescue time." He grinned

Eska and Desna got back up and glared at Bumi about to attack him when suddenly Naga, Pabu and Pichi came bursting into the tent, knocking out the surprised twins. 

"Pichi!" Elira smiled, wiping her cheek on her shoulder as her lemur chittered in delight jumping from Naga's head and landing in her lap, nuzzling her. "I missed you too" 

*

After being released, the group left the tent only to find the whole encampment destroyed!

"Woah..." El muttered, looking around the trashed area as the last standing tower fell with a bang.

"Bumi, how did you manage to take out this entire encampment on your own?" Tenzin questioned 

"I did it all with my trusty flute and ..." Bumi trailed off " Ah, never mind, you wouldn't believe it anyway. Let's get moving." 

"Wait, I wanna hear it. Will you tell me later? Come on, Uncle Bumi" El pleaded as they marched off

They stopped in a clearing in the forest surrounding the portal. Mako was supporting Tonraq as the man was too weak and beaten. 

"You run into the portal, I'll try to hold off anyone who comes after you." He declared, moving to stand on his own

"No, you're too hurt, you need a healer" Korra marched up to her father " Asami, can you take Oogi and my dad back to my mom? "

"Mhmm" Asami nodded and headed over to the bison. 

"This is my fight now." Korra turned back to her father 

"Korra, I love you." Tonraq hugged her 

"I love you too, Dad." 

*

"Don't worry, Pichi. I'll be back soon, okay?" El hugged her pet close

Pichi chittered sadly, nuzzling El's cheek before flying into Oogi's saddle where Naga, Pabu and Tonraq were already seated. 

"Yip-yip." Asami flicked the reigns and they took to the skies as the others watched. 

"Once we're inside, you go find Jinora," Korra told Tenzin" El, Mako and Bolin will take care of Unalaq, while I close the portal so Vaatu can't escape." 

"Wait a second. Worst-case scenario: so we're fighting Unalaq, you close the portals and let's just say something happens to you. Are we going to be trapped in there for eternity?" Bolin panicked 

"If everything goes as planned, we'll all walk out together after Harmonic Convergence. If not ..." Korra trailed off, no one needed telling what would happen if they failed. " Let's go." 

They ran towards the spirit portal. Upon entering, El was greeted with the sight of the Tree of Time which had spirits encircling it.

 And waiting for them was Unalaq.  

As soon as they set foot through the portal, the spirits charged at them with Unalaq jumping on the back of one. 

"Dad, go find Jinora!" Elira declared "My guess, is that she'll be in the Fog of Lost Souls" 

"How'd you know that?" Bumi asked 

"What Dad said earlier, about how we "lost Jinora", it reminded me of one of those old ancient texts you made me study as a kid" El explained 

Tenzin smiled "Nice to know some of my teachings sunk in" 

The spirits roared in the distance, getting closer to them. 

"Dad, go!" El yelled 

Tenzin nodded, turning to his siblings and cousin "C'mon!" 

Tenzin, Ursa, Kya, and Bumi rushed off to find Jinora as Korra entered the Avatar state and dashed forward, preparing to airbend. 

She unleashed a huge wave of air that rebuffed the spirits when it hit them. 

 Unalaq leapt off the spirit he was on and began to waterbend the water out of a pond using it to slow his descent by turning it into ice to slide down. 

As he landed he began to waterbend again at them. 

El nodded at the boys and together they ran forward, bending their respective elements to stop Unalaq as Korra rushed off toward the Southern Portal. 

As she reached the portal, she entered the Avatar State and attempted to close it.

Back with the others, Unalaq was still attempting to break through El, Mako and Bolin's defence. 

After dodging another attack, El and Mako were launched into the air by Bolin's earthbending, El using her airbending to fly just above Mako as he sent a stream of fire down at Unalaq. 

Using her bending again, El mixed her air with the flames, making them bigger. 

But with a swipe of his hand, Unalaq extinguished the fire as the two landed and with another flick, sent them flying back. 

Bolin bent a huge boulder in front of him, protecting himself from a huge wave Unalaq was sending his way. 

Korra was still trying to close the portal, but it was going so slow. 

"You're running out of time, Raava.  I know you feel it coming." Vaatu's voice echoed in her head. 

Korra was suddenly knocked backwards by a pulse of energy from the portal. 

Up above, the two portals' energy began to collide causing sparks and a bright light. 

"Oh no," El gasped as Bolin helped her sit up. 

A wave of energy burst from where the two beams connected, the sky turning purple! 

The two portals began to create lightning that ended up hitting the Tree of Time as thunder roared. 

 The lightning suddenly stopped and it went dark briefly before energy exploded from the tree,  expanding and dissipating before finally...

  Vaatu broke free

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.6K 743 11
(Sequel to "To Feel Free") After months of searching for answers (Y/N) returns to her friends, only to be just in time to help another major crisis...
73.8K 2.3K 17
Korra's only childhood friend(Y/N) is found after two years when she moves to Republic City for her airbending training. (Y/N), although a non-bender...
9.7K 250 13
WARNING: If you have not read the first book (Love is in the air) I recommend reading that first to get a better sense of this book. After the equali...
45.1K 1.6K 25
。・:*:・✰ 𝗮 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘂𝗻𝗿𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝘆 . 𝗸𝗼𝗿𝗿𝗮𝘀𝗮𝗺𝗶 𝘅 𝗳𝗲𝗺! 𝗿𝗲𝗮...