Stand by me (steve harrington)

By floraswp

‼️NO UPDATES UNTIL SEASON 5‼️ Joy Hopper has always been the wallflower of Hawkins. She does not have the bes... More

Introductions:
Chpt 1: The Tutor
Chpt 2: The Party
Chpt 3: Privlidged
Chpt 4: Hawkins Lab
Chpt 5: The Deer In The Woods
Chpt 6: Shadows
Chpt 7: Tell Me Something
Chpt 8: The Radio
Chpt 9: Starring Joy The Slut Hopper
Chpt 11: Bitchin
Chpt 12: The Demogorgon
Chpt 13: Be My Baby
Season 2!
Chpt 14: Changes
Chpt 15: See You Around Harrington
Chpt 16: Asshole
Chpt 17: Stuborness
Chpt 18: Friends?
Chpt 19: Bad Person
Chpt 20: The Lab And The Dogs
Chpt 21: The Mind Flayer
Chpt 22: Reunions And Goodbyes
Chpt 23: The Fight
Chpt 24: The Hub
Chpt 25: The Snowball
Chpt 26: The Mall
Chpt 27: Scoops Ahoy And Secrets
Chpt 28: Boys
Chpt 29: Cracking The Code
Chpt 30: The Sleepover
Chpt 31: The Secret Room
Chpt 32: "You Won A Fight!"
Chpt 33: The Doctors Office
Chpt 34: Reality Ruins Everything
Chpt 35: Confessions And Meetings
Chpt 36: Five Mintues Tops
Chpt 37: I Fucking Did It
Chpt 38: Goodbye Hawkins, Hello Nowhere
Season 4!
Chpt 39: The Therapist
Chpt 40: Rink-O-Mania
Chpt 41: The Monster
Chpt 42: Dr. Owens
Chpt 43: Its A Long Story
Chpt 44: Distance
Chpt 45: Back To Forgetting
Chpt 46: Nightmares
Chpt 47: The Creel House
Chpt 48: Vecnas Curse
Chpt 49: Our Last Summer
Chpt 50: Just Like Her Damn Father
Chpt 51: So Mordor It Is
Chpt 52: Our Song
Chpt 53: The Hard Truth
Chpt 54: Time Travel Shit
Chpt 55: Trust
Chpt 56: Death Day
Chpt 57: Pyschos And Ghosts
Chpt 58: Lock The Door

Chpt 10: The Old Junkyard

6.9K 194 71
By floraswp

Nancy, Johnathan and i sat in silence as we waited for Hopper and Joyce to come to the station. We had been waiting there for hours. I felt bad because Nancy and Johnathan were visibly irritated that i had lost my temper.

I ruined their plan. The longer we sit here, the longer Barb and Will are in that awful place. Suddenly, we heard two people barge into the station. "Johnathan! Jesus, What happened?" Joyce called out.

"You put my daughter in handcuffs? Take them off" Hopper demanded. I kept my head down not wanting to look at them. "Chief..." one of the officers began to say.

"I said, take them-" Hopper said grabbing my hand but went quiet when he saw my cut knuckles. He knelt down beside me trying to get me to look at him. "Kid, where the hell have you been?" he asked. I stayed quiet.

"Is this what we do now? Just leave without even leaving a note?" he asked. I stayed looking at the ground playing with my fingers.

Hopper sighed as he stood up and faced the two officers. "Why the hell is my daughter in handcuffs?" he questioned angrily. "Chief, i get everyone's emotional here, but there's something you need to see" one of the officers said.

Hopper reluctantly followed the two cops outside as Joyce embraced Johnathan tightly. "Johnathan, what's going on?" she asked. Nancy and Johnathan stayed quiet as they both looked at me.

Joyce noticed the tension as she walked towards me. "Honey, are you okay? Did someone do this to you?" she asked. I felt tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat. I hated this feeling.

Hopper hastily walked back inside and slammed the box of weapons in front of us. "What is this?" Joyce asked. "Why don't you ask your son, we found it in the back of his car" Hopper said giving him a glare.

"What?!" Joyce exclaimed. "Why are you going through my car?" Johnathan question. Hopper leaned over the table and came close to Jonathan's face. "Is that really the question you should be asking right now?"

Johnathan rolled his eyes slightly leaning back in his chair. Hopper noticed that there was something we were not telling him. "You" he said pointing at me. "In my office now."

I slowly made my way into his office and sat in front of him. "So... Are you going to take these handcuffs off or what?" i questioned breaking the awkward silence. "Not until you tell me what the actual hell is going on!" He exclaimed.

"You wouldn't believe me" i mumbled. "How about you give me a try."

So i did. I tried to explain everything to him. And surprisingly, he did believe me. He believed me about the creature lurking the woods, he believed me about the dark place i entered through the tree and that Will and Barb were in there.

I did leave out the part where i beat the shit out of Steve but... That wasn't important.

"So, you've been gathering information on the lab too, huh?" he asked. I nodded. "Smarter than you look bambi" he said sarcastically. I let out a small chuckle.

"Thanks for trying to help... But if you ever steal my files again, run away without a single phone call and try do my job for me... Then i'll tell everyone that you still cry every time we watch Bambi" he said. I rolled my eyes as he took of my handcuffs.

As he did, he turned my hand around to look at my knuckles. "You going to tell me what happened?" he asked. "It's not important" i said. "Not important, huh?"

I sighed as i chewed on my finger nails. "Some kids in my school know about Liz" i mumbled. Hopper was taken back by what i said. "Well, did they give you trouble about it?" he asked.

I stayed quiet. "Then maybe its a good thing you beat their ass." I smiled softly. "Now come on, we have important shit to do" he said walking out of the room.

As we walked out of the room, we heard people arguing with each other. Hopper cursed under his breath as he made his way over. "What is your name, deputy?" an angry, small woman yelled.

"Well, i'm on officer..." one of the cops replied. "Name and badge number, both of you!" she exclaimed. "Hey, hey, hey! What the hell is going on here?" Hopper said.

"These men are humiliating my son!" she said. "No, no, no that's not true!" one of the officers said. I smirked slightly at all the chaos.

"There was some kind of fight chief" another officer said. "A psychotic child broke his arm!" she exclaimed. "A little girl, chief. A little one" the officer added on.

"That tone! Do you hear that tone?!" she yelled. "Jesus, i don't have time for this. Will you please just take her statement... And get her out for here" Hopper mouthed.

Hopper and i began to walk out of the room as i tried desperately to hold in my laughter. "So what did this girl look like?" the officer asked. "She had no hair and she was bleeding from her nose. Like a freak!" the small boy yelled.

We both stopped dead in our tracks. "What'd you just say?" Hopper questioned. "I said she's a freak!" "No, no, no... Before that. What'd you say!" Hopper asked.

"Her heads shaved. She doesn't even look like a girl...And she can do things" the boy said. "What kind of things?"

"She can... Make you fly. And... Piss yourself" the boy said. "What?" i questioned with a small smirk. "Was she alone?" Hopper asked. "No... She's always hanging out with those losers" the boy exclaimed.

"Losers? What losers?" i asked.

Hopper and i grabbed Nancy, Joyce and Johnathan as we hopper in his truck. Nancy told us that her brother and his friends were always at her house. But when we got there, the whole place was surrounded by trucks that all said "Hawkins lab"

We saw people dressed in suits coming in and out of the house with boxes of stuff. "I have to go home" Nancy said. "No, you can't" Hopper replied. "My mom... My dad are in there!" she exclaimed.

"Yea and they'll be okay" he said. Nancy ignored him as she began to storm off. "Hey, hey, hey!" i called out grabbing Nancy's arm. "Let go!" she shouted.

"Listen to me, the last thing in the world we need is them knowing your mixed up in all of this" i exclaimed. "Mike is over there!" "They haven't found him. Not yet" Hopper said pointing up to a helicopter in the sky.

"For Mike?!" Nancy exclaimed. "Listen to me, we need to find them before they do. Is there anywhere you know where they might be?" Hopper asked. "I don't know... We don't talk... Well we haven't talked lately... I don't know" Nancy mumbled.

"I might! I mean, i don't know where they are but i might know how to find them" Johnathan said. "The walkie talkies they use... Will is always on it. I know where it is" he said. "Great" Hopper said as he made his way into the car.

I stayed put as Hopper turned around. "Bambi, get in the car" he said. "Wait... Wasn't there an incident at the store down town yesterday. Some girl stole a bunch of food and broke the door. Flo told me about it... Do you think... That could have been her?" i asked.

Hopper hesitated for a moment as he looked at the floor. "I know all the hiding spots up there. There's the woods and the old junk yard. I can help" i said. I could see Hopper was frustrated as he pursed his lips together.

"Fine... But if i don't here from you in 2 hours-" Hopper exclaimed but i cut him off. "I'll be fine. Now go. I'll let you know if i hear anything" i said. They all drove off as i made my way to the store.

Whenever i skipped school i'd usually come down to the store because it is closest to the school, so i know all the hiding spots around. I usually go to the junk yard with all the old, broken down cars.

When i got there, i made my way inside the store and saw the broken doors. The glass inside them had shattered. I wondered how a little girl had done this.

I looked around all the aisles and didn't see anything out of place so i decided to make my way to the junkyard. As i walked out of the store, my heart dropped as i saw Steve sitting on his car holding a coke can up to his eye.

His mouth was cut and he had dried up blood covering half of his face. I gulped at the sight of it. Tommy and Carol were standing next to him giggling as he looked annoyed. I was guessing he was annoyed with me.

"You owe me a $1.20" Tommy said as he passed Steve some pain killers. "Don't worry, the slut will need more than aspirin when we're done with her" Tommy said.

"Well, that is if she ever gets out. Her dad should just lock her up forever" he added on. "Did you see the look on her face when she jumped on you? She looked like a fucking psycho" Carol said with a laugh.

I don't know why but my heart ached as i heard them talk about me. It wasn't so much Tommy and Carol, but the fact Steve just sat there and listened.

"Looked like a psycho?" Tommy questioned. "She is a psycho!" "She probably had the same look on her face when she killed her friend" Carol said with a chuckle.

"Carol, for once in your life, shut your damn mouth" Steve exclaimed.

My breathing stopped. "What?" Carol questioned. "Hey, what's your problem man?" Tommy asked. Steve glared at them. "Your both assholes that's my problem" Steve said as he hopped of the car.

"You serious?!" Tommy exclaimed. "Yea i'm serious, you shouldn't have done that" Steve said as he shoved Tommy. "Done what? You mean call her out for what she really is? Oh that's funny because i don't remember you asking me to stop."

"I shouldn't put that spray paint right down your throat" Steve snapped. "What the hell Steve!" Carol exclaimed.

"You know, neither of you ever gave her a chance, you never even tried to make an effort with her, because she's not miserable like you two" Steve said.

"Really? Name one good thing about her!" Tommy said with a condensing smirk. Steve hesitated for a moment which made my stomach turn but then he walked right up to Tommy.

"She's smart. Way smarter than me or you. She likes reading and music. She has good taste too. Shes strong. And behind all the bitchy looks... She's actually sort of kind. She cares for people. She's not miserable like you two."

"The slut with the heart of gold!" Carol exclaimed. "I told you to shut your mouth!" Steve shouted. Tommy grabbed Steve by the collar and shoved him up against the car. I thought about running over to help him... But i decided he needed a little taste of his own medicine.

"I don't know what's gotten into you man, but you don't talk to her that way" Tommy said inches away from Steve. "Get out of my face."

"Or what, you going to fight me now too... Because you couldn't take Joy Hopper" Tommy spat. Steve stood there helplessly realising he was right.

Steve slowly backed into his car as Tommy yelled at him as he drove away. I stood there dumbfounded. I was still sort of in shock at what had just happened. I didn't forgive him. But... At least i knew he was guilty about it. Maybe he wasn't... A total douche.

That's when i remembered why i was here. I had to focus on finding those kids rather than petty high school drama. So i left.

I looked through the woods and found nothing other than empty eggo packets. I then made my way to the old junk yard.

I saw old, rusted trucks and cigarette buds which were from when i had skipped class. I was about to head back to Joyce's house until i saw bikes shoved underneath the old school bus.

I slowly made my way onto the bus. "Hello?" i called out. There was silence. "Hey look, i know you shit birds may think your trying to do the right thing by hiding this girl but guess what, your not. So just come out" i said.

There was still silence. "Oh jesus, just come on would you please mo-" i began to shout but stopped as a small pebble hit my head.

"What the fuck?!" i exclaimed. I looked up to see some kid with a homade wrist rocket, pointing it directly at me. "Shit" he mumbled. "Nice shot, now would you let me talk?" i said.

Slowly, all of the kids began to show themselves from behind the seats. That's when i noticed a small, skinny girl with a shaved head in a pink, puffy dress looking awkwardly at the floor.

"Hi" i said softly with a small wave. They all stood there, unsure if they could trust me. "Did they send you here?!" Nancy's little bother asked.

"Who? Your sister?" i questioned. "What? No, not my sister. The bad men. Did they send you?" he said. "The bad men? Really?" i asked. "Why are you here?!" another boy questioned.

"I know about the girl... I can help" i said. They both looked at each other. "You want proof?" i said. They nodded their heads.

"I know where your friend Will is." All of their mouths slightly fell open. "How?!" one of them exclaimed. "Because i was there" i said. "You were in the upside down! Did you see the demogorgan?" one asked.

"What the hell is a demogorgan?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 63 8
Benjamin Rosales-Hopper never expected much from the small town of Hawkins. A small group of friends, persistent bullies, and former unrequited crush...
20.6K 849 48
**DISCLAIMER: i wrote this in like middle school before season two came out & it's pretty cringy but i'm leaving it published bc it has 20k reads😏 ❝...
1K 32 18
"I thought I heard someone making a fuss out here. Turns out wherever there's a Hopper, there's bound to be trouble." S. Harrington x Hopper OC 1983...
30.3K 572 31
You join a new school and meet new people but your past also seems to follow you as you meet the wonderful Steve Harrington. Your life spills out as...