EPIPHANY

Von clockwork_chaser

Hannah Santillana was bruised, scarred, and ruined by her past. She lost her self-worth by loving someone too... Mehr

EPIPHANY
Dum Spiro, Spero
Vivamus, Moriendum Est
Pro Bono
Cuiusvis Hominis est Errare, Nullius Nisi Insipientis in Errore Perseverare
Alis Volat Propriis
Nil Homini Certum Est
Audere Est Facere
Acta, Non Verba
Umbra
Astra Inclinant, Sed non Obligant (Part 1)
Astra Inclinant, Sed non Obligant (Part 2)
Apricus
Ad Astra per Aspera (1)
Ad Astra per Aspera (2)
Brutum Fulmen (1)
Brutum Fulmen (2)
Solis Occasum
Ubi amor, ibi dolor
Timendi causa est nescire (1)
Timendi causa est nescire (2)
Discendo, Discimus (1)
Discendo, Discimus (2)
Discendo, Discimus (4)

Discendo, Discimus (3)

462 32 16
Von clockwork_chaser

By teaching, we learn

CARRACK

"Where are you going, birthday boy?" one of my friends from New York asked after I excused myself from the group.

My sister prepared this grand party for the celebration of my thirtieth birthday, and I am enjoying myself a lot. We've been here for days and we're still not tired from partying all day.

I waved my hand on my friends, not verbally answering them.

I motioned for Henry to come close. "Where's she?" I asked while heading out of the crowd. Kanina ay natatanaw ko pa si Hannah, pero bigla na lang s'yang nawala.

Kahapon pa ang birthday ko at iilan na lang naman ang mga natitirang bisita ko ngayon. I saw Selene with our foreign friends and Hannah is not with her. Wala na sila Stella kaya alam ko na mag-isa si Hannah ngayon. It will be my chance to have her all by myself.

Selene and her cousins are always with Hannah. Hindi rin nawawalan ng mga lumalapit sa akin kaya hindi ako makakuha ng pagkakataon para puluputan si Hannah.

I don't know our status. All I know is that I'm sick of the frustrating situation we've been into. I distanced myself from her for a month to let her realise what she's missing. Dapat na maisip ni Hannah na hindi n'ya ako aso na ika-cuddle n'ya 'pag kami lang at ikakahiya n'ya kung may ibang tao.

Hindi ako mananahimik lang kung may makikita ako na poporma sa kanya, at hindi n'ya ako hahayaang ideklara na akin s'ya.

Kung akin s'ya, akin s'ya. Akin lang.

And it seem effetive. Hannah was deep into me. I can feel it. I don't know if it's because of the intimacy, but I know that I am completely on her system. She'll lose her mind without me.

I don't want her to lsoe herself again, but she'll be fine as long as she'll be open about us. No fucking way that I'll be without her. I am all hers. All seh have to do is to let me claim her. In every way I can.

Henry told me that Hannah's alone on the shore.

I found my muse in front of the waters. Nakaupo s'ya sa buhanginan at yakap ang sarili n'ya. I sat behind her then wrapped my arms on her. Her skin felt cold, like she's been here for a long time now.

"What are you thinking?" I asked in a whisper then I kissed her ear and the side of her face.

Being sweet and cuddly with Hannah was addicting. I was never like this. I was touchy with Flannery while we're fucking but if not on the bedroom deed I was usually cool and I am almost always keeping my hands to myself. The same goes for all the other women I fucked. I haven't even penetrated Hannah, but she's really different.

She's the one. I am sure.

"Nothing. I just feel at peace with myself," Hannah replied.

I let myself got drown with the same serenity Hannah felt. I kissed her cheek then watched the tranquil scene before me.

I know that this is the feeling that I want to grow old with. The feeling of calm and fulfillment with Hannah on my arms.

Fuck, but I am in love with her.

"Happy birthday," Hannah said after a while. She ran her delicate fingers along my arm.

I was never a saint.

I motioned for Henry and the others to leave us alone. I don't want anybody to see how intimate I want to be with Hannah.

I asked her to sleep with me tonight then I brought her to my yacht. When we got there, I asked her to take a bath as I maneuvered the vessel away from the docks. Hindi naman kami masyadong lumayo.

Hannah was still on the shower when I checked on her on my room. I placed clothes for her on the bed then I went on the common bathroom to wash myself. I smell of smoke and alcohol.

Few minutes and I am tangled on the deck with Hannah. I took my time watching her face before I kiss her with all the love I have. Contentment flooded me. This is all I will ever ask.

We went back on the room then we lay on the bed to sleep.

I would so much like to have my birthday sex, but I don't want to ruin the tranquil mood.

Hannah fell asleep on my arms. I watch her sleep.

She's so beautiful. She got this innocent charm and sweet aura on her. I don't know when did I start loving her. I simply know that I am in love with her.

From the drawer on the bedside table, I retrieved the box my mother handed me yesterday. It's the family heriloom. An engagement ring.

I carefully lifted Hannah's hand then I slid the ring on her finger.

I felt a throb in my chest. It fits her perfectly. It felt like she's really destined to be mine.

Dad once told me and Kuya Trev that this ring has been passed down for generations. When it was handed to Lola Trinity, the ring had to be altered on her size. And it was the first time it has been done. When it was given to Dad, it was a perfect fit for Mom. And now, Hannah was also a perfect match. Like how the glass shoes fits Cinderella.

I will take it as a lucky sign. Lola Trinity had the ring altered, and her marriage doesn't went well towards the end. Mom was a perfect fit, and she and Dad are still happy on their marriage. They've been through hardships, but they persevered and they're now on their retirement taking care of their grandchild and having the time of their lives.

I can feel my eyes warming up as I look at the ring on Hannah's finger. I placed her hand on the pillow near her head. I clicked few photos of her and the ring.

Fuck. I wanna marry her. Now.

I am thirty, with stable job, financially capable to start my own family, and in love with this woman. All that's left was to be sure of her feelings for me.

I have to be sure that she's in love with me too. I should be certain that we feel the same.

I carefully removed the ring on her then placed it back on the box.

In time, I'll put thhe ring on her. Where she would be aware that the gesture will be sealing her destiny with me for the rest of her life.

The next day, I distanced myself a little from Hannah. From the past month, I learned that the more I keep my distance from her, the more Hannah realise her feelings. Mas lumalayo ako, mas kinakailangan n'ya ako.

It may sound assuming on my part, but I think that the more I act cold, the more she realise that she's in love with me.

I went back to Japan for some preparations for my long leave from work. Our family will be spending a week on New York for Selene's surprise wedding.

I am keeping in touch with Hannah, but I am keeping myself from acting head over heels with her.

But my damn plan was backfiring. I am now the one on edge after hearing from Eve that some doctor from Hannah's internship was making a move on her.

I asked Selene to ask Hannah to spend the night on our house, but Hannah said no.

What? Is she interested with the doctor?

Fuck it, Carrack!

I thought that she'll be staying on our home this Sunday. This will be my chance to question her about that asshole.

"Not so you," Selene snickered.

I glared at the brat.

Selene is not stupid and I know she's aware that there's something going on between Hannah and I. She's just keeping her mouth shut for Hannah's sake. She doesn't wish for her friend to be uncomfortable.

Yeah right. Rejecting Selene's invitation was the same as rejecting me. And Hannah did that.

"We're Amante's. We mark our territory," Selene giggled. "I never thought that you're this... reserved."

I smirked at my sister. "Just wait."

I folded my laptop then went inside the house. No fucking way that I'll stay out of her life.

Lunch the next day, I went to the hospital where she's working as an intern. Kaninang umaga pa ako kating-kati na pumunta dito. But I have to finish the meeting with Kuya Levin on AGC. Ate Tria raised a brow on me when I declined her invitation for lunch, but I don't have time for her.

On the way to the hospital's lobby, nakasabay ko sa entrance and isa sa mga kakilala ni Dad. After exchanging a brief greeting, he asked me why I am here. He happened to be a big name on this hospital so he helped me to page Hannah.

"Thank you, attorney," I shook hands with him.

"No problem. Ask you Dad to play golf with me," he chuckled then went away.

I waited for Hannah on the reception desk.

Fifteen minutes and Hannah's still nowhere near. I am getting impatient and irritated at the glances from the women on the desk.

"Tinawag si Hannah Santillana dito, 'di ba?"

Napatingin ako sa lalaking nasa kabilang dulo ng desk. He's with two women wearing the same uniform as Hannah.

"Yes, doc Mark," sagot ng babae sa reception desk at sumulyap sa akin.

From my peripheral vision, I saw the man looking at me. I didn't give him a damn attention.

"Wala pa ba?" one of the interns asked. "Naiwan kasi n'ya 'yong phone n'ya. Dala ni doc Mark."

I tilted my head a little to their direction.

So this is the man who's trying to hit on my woman?

What at mediocre face.

An unknown pull made me look pass the ordinary man. I saw Hannah walking with her lips slightly open.

I stood straight to welcome her. When she's only few meters aways, I smirked at her. "Hi, baby," I opened my arms for a hug.

Hannah's steps quickened then she threw herself on my arms. I wrapped her in hug then I pressed a kiss on the crown of her head. "Miss me?" I chuckled. I lifted my head to look at the man in front.

Yes, man. Fuck off.

"I miss you so much," Hannah murmured. Her voice shook a little.

That's right, baby. Lose yourself on me.

Nagsukatan kami ng doktor ng tingin. Umayos pa s'ya ng tindig n'ya.

Heh. Kahit na tumingkayad ka pa d'yan, you'll never be on the same standing as me.

I smirked when I saw how his expression darkened. He cleared his throat which made Hannah pull from the embrace.

Hannah stood beside me, pressing herself on my side. Inakbayan ko s'ya at mayabang na tinignan ang mga kasamahan n'ya.

"Your phone," seryosong sabi ng lalaki. Nang iniabot n'ya ang cellphone ay ako na ang kumuha.

"Thank you, doc," tunog walang pakielam na sabi ni Hannah.

Good girl.

"Pakilala mo naman kami," biglang sabi ng isa sa mga kasama ng doktor. "Sabi mo wala kang boyfriend?"

My jaw clenched.

Fuck. This again. Damn right, we don't have a label.

"Hindi n'ya sinabing walang," sabi ng isa pang babae.

"Hindi rin s'ya nag-confirm na meron," nakangising sabi ng doktor.

Ano, nakakita ka ng pag-asa? Ulol!

Hannah took a step forward then leaned her back on me. From her shoulder, I slid my arm on her waist until my hand rested on her stomach.

Fuck. I am being territorial. But if feels good.

Hannah cleared her throat. "These are my fellow interns, Joan and Carina. And this is Dr. Escano, one of the resident doctors and our immediate supervisor." She then placed her hand on top of mine. "Guys, this is Carrack... the man I am in love with."

Fucking right.

I smirked.

Parang gusto ko pang unahan na magpakasal sila Selene at Frigate.

___________
June 30, 2022 - 17:55

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

4M 88.1K 58
Evangeline Yu went back to the Philippines only to find out that her house was sold, her sister had ran away with her money and her mother was in com...