Cuiusvis Hominis est Errare, Nullius Nisi Insipientis in Errore Perseverare

Any man can make a mistake; only a fool keeps making the same one.

HANNAH

I stared at my reflection at the mirror.

Sinukat ko ang formal dress na dumating para sa akin. It's a knee-length boat neck cocktail dress with a velvet pitch black bodice and a satin box pleated skirt in a lighter shade of black. It's so classy and elegant. The cut was modest and I like it very much.

I bit my lower lip, trying to suppress my smile. Pero bigong-bigo naman ako. Kahit ang kilig na nararamdaman ko ay hindi ko mapigil. Pinulot ko ang card na nakakabit sa box at binasa pa ulit iyon kahit na nakabisado ko naman na ang nakasulat.

"A flower does not think of competing to the flower next to it. It just blooms.- Zen Shin"

I'll pick you up at five. See you tonight, Hannah.

- C

Mommy bought a burgundy long gown for tonight, but I'll definitely wear this dress Carrack gave me. I might be overdressed with the one my mother prepared. I like this one better. It's simple yet elegant.

I started preparing for tonight's event. It's only one in the afternoon but I don't want to rush things. I soaked myself in a tub for more than an hour. I wanna make sure to clean every inch of my skin. I don't want any flaw. 

Mommy hired a hair stylist and makeup artist for me. 

"I want a natural look," I gently said to the makeup artist. 

It took more than two hours to complete my look. My hair was nicely done in a low chignon bun with few strands hanging loosely at the side of my face. 

"You're so beautiful, miss Hannah," the makeup artist dreamily said. 

I curtly smiled at her. "Thank you."

I wore my crystal studded stiletto heels my mother bought from her trip in Singapore, and completed my attire with my black YSL purse Kuya gave me last Christmas. 

At exactly five in the afternoon, I went down the living room. Naabutan ko sila Mommy at Tita Beatrice na nag-uusap tungkol sa ospital.

"Oh my God! Stunning, Hannah," Tita Bea said with her face radiating admiration. 

"What happened to the dress I bought?" Mom asked, annoyed. 

I bit my lip then bowed my head. 

"Harriet, this one she's wearing is elegant. Simple yet classy. She looks sophisticated and modest. Just right for a formal dinner," Tita Bea said as she held my arm. Mas tinignan n'ya pa ako at binigyan ako ng masuyong ngiti. 

I nodded in agreement. "The gown you bought is too much for the event, Mommy. Overdressed naman ako d'on." 

"This is perfect, Harriet," Tita Bea insist. 

My mother sighed. She approached me then gave me her gentlest smile. "You're so beautiful, Hannah," she warmly said. Tears brimmed her eyes as she scanned me. "I am so proud of what you are now."

I gently laughed. "This is all thanks to Selene. She helped me picked up myself."

Mommy shook her head. "This is all because of you, dear. You're the one who helped yourself."

"But Selene is the one who gave me hope. She influenced me with her positive vibe. She got her optimistic aura around her which cheered me up," I explained. "If not for her, I'm still the same old timid girl, afraid of everything."