Humanity's Strongest' Weakness

By my_ff_r_cringe

[Levi x Reader] A story where Y/n met Levi underground but then he had to leave. 3 years she spent undergroun... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Not a chapter
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
NEW UPDATE?!?!
Chapter 56
Chapter 57

Chapter 41

3.4K 117 18
By my_ff_r_cringe

"What do you mean he's missing? When?!" I asked as I tried getting out of bed, but my legs were still to weak as I ended up falling to my knees.

"Y/n!" Hange said as she ran around to my side and knelt down beside me.

"Shit." I mumbled as my legs were numb, almost as if I couldn't move it.

"You won't be able to move as you did before. You've been unresponsive for two and a half months." Hange explained as I grit my teeth.

"Fuck not being able to move. I need to find Levi, where is he?" I asked panic rising in my chest as Hange held a hand to calm me down.

"Y/n, calm down. It's only been two hours since he's been missing. He couldn't have gone too far." Hange said, as if she wanted to reassure me, but I could tell she was having trouble believing in her words.

We all knew, Levi wasn't the type to just disappear on us.

He was Humanities Strongest, but he was also our friend.

I placed a hand against my temple, trying to calm the slight headache.

"Where could he have gone?" I asked as Hange helped me up.

"Erwin's sent multiple search parties out. One of the cadets said that he saw Levi leave, taking a horse from the stables." Hange explained when the door was opened with a small click.

"Hange, I need you to-" Erwin started but his eyes widened in shock, bushy eyebrows lifting high as he saw me, awake.

"Y/n." Erwin said as I saluted.

"Commander." I said as Erwin gave me a nod as I relaxed.

"Where is he?" I asked as Erwin pursed his lips together.

"We haven't found him yet." Erwin said as I sighed, looking down at the ground, but I saw something in Erwin's left hand as my heart stopped.

A small strip of a green fabric was in his hand, as well as a small piece of neatly folded paper.

"W-Where did you get that?" I asked as Erwin looked down at his hand, showing it.

"I found this in Levi's office, hidden. There's a note." Erwin said as he showed it to us.

All it said was, I'm sorry.

Erwin turned to Hange, showing the green fabric to her, a confused look on his face.

"Do you know what this is? Perhaps it symbolises something? It could be a lead." Erwin said as Hange frowned, looking at it.

"I've seen it on Levi's wrist before, but when I asked him what it was, he just told me to mind my own business." Hange said as my voice caught in my throat.

"We have to find him." I choked out as Erwin and Hange turned to me.

"What is it?" Hange asked as I couldn't reply.

I'm sorry. 

That's what Levi had wrote.

M fingers reached for that strip of fabric as I found it hard to breathe.

"We have to find him. Now."

- - Time skip - -

"I can go!" I argued, leaning against the wall as Hange was scolding me when she found me in the stables.

"No, Y/n. You're barely able to keep yourself upright." Hange argued as I clenched my teeth in determination.

"Please, Hange. He needs me." I said as Erwin came from behind.

"We know that, Y/n. But you're not in the shape to find him, not at the moment." Erwin said as I opened my mouth to say something, but Hange beat me to it.

"What if you end up hurting yourself even more?" Hange asked as I paused, ready to argue but I knew it was pointless.

"Fine." I mumbled as Hange sighed.

"I promise, we'll find him." Hange said as she turned around, mounting her own horse before turning to leave.

Erwin was staring at me as I watched Hange leave as he sighed this time.

"You're planning on going, aren't you?" Erwin asked as I stiffened, but couldn't hide it from the commander.

"Yeah..." I mumbled as I turned to Erwin.

"Please, let me go." I said, saluting to him as Erwin was silent for a second before letting out another sigh.

"Alright." Erwin said making me blink in shock before I let out a sigh of relief.

"But, you need to take a scout with you." Erwin said as I just nodded in agreement, and as quickly as possible, made my way to one of the horses, placing my foot in the stirrup and mounting up carefully.

My arms shook a little as I pulled myself up, but I was determined to find Levi as I was finally seated on the mare.

I saw a cadet waiting outside as I nodded towards them.

"Let's go." I said as I snapped the reins, clicking my tongue to urge the mare forward.

We took off, the sun just a few moments away from sunset.

- - Time skip - -

We had been searching for what felt like hours, days, years.

But judging from the position of the sun, it hadn't even been an hour.

The sun had started to settle below the horizon as I let out a sigh of frustration.

Levi wouldn't do this to me... Would he? I thought to myself as I clenched and un-clenched my fists.

When Erwin showed me that fabric, I could only remember our promise.

Our promise to stay safe, to not die.

If he got rid of it...

I squeezed my eyes tightly as I led out a shuddering breathe.

I had to find him.

We kept riding on when I gasped in shock.

Could he be...

"Return to Erwin. Tell him, I think I know where he is. The old headquarters." I said as the cadet paused for a second.

"But Commander Erwin said-" The cadet started as I interrupted.

"That's an order, cadet." I said as the cadet hesitated for another second before turning around to head back to HQ.

I turned to the left, digging my heels into the mares ribs, urging it forward.

Trees rushed past me, as I made my through the familiar forest.

As soon as the bushes cleared and I saw the old building, I immediately pulled the horse to a stop and slid off.

However, my legs gave out as soon as they hit the ground as I winced in pain, as my palms hit the ground hard.

I trembled upright, legs shaking with effort as I stumbled into the door, fumbling to open them.

I made my way to the stairs as I climbed them.

He was up there on the roof.

Where he took me that night, where he told me that was where he, Isabel and Farlan went.

I knew he was there, he had to be.

And he was there to do one thing.

By the fifth flight of stairs, I was breathing heavily, legs weak and fatigue hit me quickly.

"For fucks sake, Levi... You... had to... choose the... tallest tower." I cursed under my breathe as I leant against the wall for support.

My heart was racing, not just from adrenaline as I made my way up.

I crashed into the door, pushing it open just as I whirled around, searching.

My heart skipped a beat as I saw Levi standing on the end of the roof, toes at the edge as his head hung low, hands by his side.

But suddenly, he was leaning forward as my heart seized up and I ran forward.

I forgot everything as I leapt forward.

I crashed into him, wrapping my arms around him, snaking around his chest as I pulled him back, stopping him front falling forward.

"Don't!" I shouted as my arms trembled, my entire body shaking from fear as I felt his entire body tense up.

He was silent before he turned around slowly, breath hitching as his silver-grey eyes met mine.

"Y-Y/n?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.4K 1.6K 27
The slums of Paradis, also known as 'The Underground' has been the home of many, including {y/n} who made quite a name for herself during her years t...
17.9K 535 60
Growing up together in the Underground, Anya and Levi had been together ever since they could remember. Fate tore them apart, and kept them apart, ag...
351K 6.9K 19
Y/n is a member of the Survey Corps and heichou looks attractive, she tries to get along with him as friends but fail. Levi-Heichou doesn't like thi...
1.4K 62 14
"Y/N," He began, "Even back in The Underground, there was one thing keeping me going. A light of some sort. It's you, Y/N, you're my Underground Ligh...