Superstar (The Elites Book 2)

By sophiespruce1

Sequel to the Elites: When Marinette returns to Clifton Prep after a summer interning as a costume designer... More

Prologue
Senior Year
Mix-Up
Jagged
En Garde
Unbirthday
Broken
Burn
Update
Glow
Authors Note
Back to School
Tick Tick Tick
Sustained
Sacrifices
Promises
Moving Forward
Making Amends
New Story update!
Graduation
Finale

Crash

566 15 37
By sophiespruce1

"What was that?" Chloe had waited until she saw Adrien take off to confront Kagami. She shoved the girl by one shoulder.

"I was kissing my boyfriend." Kagami flicked her bangs out of her eyes.

"You shoved him against a wall, Kagami," Chloe gave an angry laugh. "I mean why do you think he took off just now."

"He was going after Marinette," Kagami said quietly.

Chloe noticed her shoulders had deflated. Kagami didn't want to fight.

"Maybe, but that's his business," Chloe warned. "She looked really upset."

"She's just jealous," Kagami scoffed.

Chloe looked at the table where Marinette's best friend sat. She was practically in tears, leaning her head against her boyfriend's shoulder.

"No, I think something else is going on here." And it wasn't about Marinette's breakup with Luka. This seemed more serious.

"Oh whatever." Kagami pushed Chloe out of the way. "I'm going to find my boyfriend."

Chloe sighed as she watched Kagami walk away. She pinched the bridge of her nose. As if she didn't have enough to worry about at the moment.

It turned out having Marinette as a roommate wasn't all bad. She was actually very respectful, and Chloe wouldn't have minded loving with her if they hadn't fallen out.

As it was, they barely talked. She'd found out about the break up through Adrien who had learned about it via Nino. Chloe felt a variety of emotions swirling through her. She was genuinely sorry for Marinette, while simultaneously a little bit glad and relieved.

Chloe circled her arms around herself, fighting off an invisible chill. The atmosphere of the room had changed. Students were whispering to one another. Many had long faces or were crying.

She had originally assumed Marinette had taken off because of the Adrien fiasco, but something else, much more urgent, must have been happening.

"Chloe." Lila stepped up to her.

The white shirt of her uniform was half untucked from the bevy skirt.

"Is everything okay?" she asked.

"You tell me," Chloe exclaimed. "Did you see that?"

Lila hesitated, then nodded. "It was... weird."

"I knew this would happen. Adrien's so needy."

"And Kagami's such a jealous person," Lila finished.

Chloe blinked in surprise. She hadn't know Lila recognized that, too. "Well, yes," she paused. "Do you know why everyone else is upset?"

Lila looked around the cafeteria. "No. I wanted to see what happened up here so I didn't wait to find out."

"Let's ask then." Chloe grabbed Lila's arm and steered her toward Alya and Nino.

Alya's smooth brown face wrinkled into suspicion as the two girls approached.

"Is Marinette okay?" Chloe asked.

"Why are you asking?" Alya pushed her glasses up from where they had slid down her nose.

"Well, after what happened in the line—"

"What happened in the line?" Alya cut Chloe off.

"You mean you didn't... oh nevermind," Chloe face palmed.

"But if that's not what upset Marinette, then what did?" Lila asked.

"Jagged Stone's plane went down in New York. They haven't found the wreckage yet. Or any survivors."

Chloe's eyes widened. Jagged dead? She couldn't believe it.

"Oh my gosh," she realized. "Luka!"

"What about Luka?" Nino asked.

"Jagged is his dad."

"No way," Alya wrinkled her nose. "I'd know if that was true."

"Why do you think he recorded a song with Jagged? Who paid for Juleka's tuition?" Chloe put an arm on her hip. "We've got to Marinette and Luka."

Marinette had only lost her dad a year and a half ago. This was no doubt bringing up unpleasant memories for her.

Alya jumped up. "You look for Luka. I'll look for Marinette," she ordered.

***

Marinette burst out into the hall. She took a shaky breath, trying not to listen to the other students' conversation as she walked.

"Do you think he's really dead?" One boy asked.

"They crashed into a mountain," a girl whispered back.

"Wasn't Jagged Luka Couffaine's dad?"

"That's just a rumor."

Her heart rate quickened, and her palms sweated. A headaches started at the base of her skull creeping up and around her temples.

She needed to find Luka. Marinette took the stairs up and knocked on his dorm door. No answer. Marinette knocked harder.

"If you're in there, Luka, let me in." Marinette gave one final knock.

There was still no answer.

She dialed his number. It went straight to voicemail. Marinette scowled at her phone despite her panic.

Determined to find him, Marinette headed back toward the classrooms. She checked the music room first, but it was empty. Every room she looked in was empty of Luka. Marinette raced down halls, knocked on the doors of his friends. Still nothing.

Marinette had almost given up when she decided to check the roof. She had never brought Luka there, but it was the only place left to look, unless Luka had taken off into the city.

Pushing out the door onto the roof, Marinette was disappointed to see it was empty. Where could Luka be? she wondered. Marinette prepared to head back to her dorm in defeat when she heard something rustle.

Marinette peered around the door. On one side of the stairwell, she noticed some abandoned pots and bags of dirt. In between them was a boy with blue hair.

His hand tightly gripped a terra cotta pot. The sleeve of Luka's jacket brushed over the bag of dirt, making the sound that had first caught her attention.

"Luka?"

His shoulders heaved. "Go away." He was crying.

"No." Marinette cut through the gardening equipment. She knelt in front of him.

Marinette gently put her hand on Luka's knee. He trembled at her touch. Luka held both hands behind his neck and pressed his head against the stairwell wall. His eyes were closed but Marinette could make out tear tracks down his cheeks.

"He's dead," Luka sobbed. He took a gasping breath and placed his trembling hands in his lap. He started to say something else but it was lost in his tears.

Marinette sat at his side. She slipped her hand into Luka's and squeezed. Marinette just let him cry. She pressed herself up against his side, feeling the sobs as they wracked his body.

Overhead a peal of thunder cracked. Lightning flashed. Marinette shut her eyes tight. She hated rain. She had hated it since her own dad had died.

It was like she was back there again, seeing her dad's face in the rain as he pushed her out of the way of the car.

Her hand slipped out of Luka's. Marinette started to stand but Luka pulled her back.

"I'm glad you stayed," he whispered.

Luka pressed his forehead to hers. Marinette felt their strands of hair intwine.

Then Luka's lips were brushing hers.

Marinette pushed him away. She jumped up, stumbling over the pot beside her.

Luka didn't say anything as she darted to the door. Marinette quickly opening and walked down the stairs. She stopped on the third floor landing, sinking into a squat. She hung onto the stair railing to keep her balance. She was so dizzy.

Marinette couldn't stop seeing her father's face. Her head pounded.

"Marinette?"

She looked up, ready to tell Luka off but found herself staring into calming green eyes.

Adrien.

What was he doing here?

"Hey." He squatted in front of her and put a hand on her shoulder. "What's wrong?"

Marinette couldn't speak. She shuddered at his touch. Adrien didn't press her.

"Is this about Jagged?"

She nodded.

Adrien licked his lips. "I'm really sorry for Luka. And for you."

Marinette thought of the day Adrien had walked her home in the rain. He'd given her his umbrella because she would need it in London. The memory calmed her.

She sniffed. "I know exactly what he's going through. I guess you do, too."

Adrien grimaced, no doubt thinking of his mother who had passed almost two years ago.

Marinette sighed. She sat up. "Thank you," she said. "I think I'm gonna go back to my dorm."

"I'll walk you," Adrien offered.

She stood. "You don't have to."

"Really, I don't mind," he said eagerly. Adrien reached for her hand to help her down the last step.

As Marinette stepped down, her gaze met those mesmerizing green eyes again.

And then Adrien's lips crashed onto hers.

Since you guys have been asking, here's an update. Next update is Monday.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42K 680 17
"Marinette? She's just a friend." Adrien and Marinette were best friends since they were kids. Marinette had already fallen inlove with him but, Adri...
4K 169 39
When tragedy sends Adrien Agreste racing back to Paris to run his father's fashion house, Marinette doesn't expect much from her very new, very rich...
114K 2.1K 37
What Happens when chloe trick marinette that makes her bullied by the whole school. P.s i had made these with season 1& season 2 in mind the only ne...
93.8K 2.3K 32
1st Place in Lukanette: 3/22/21 1st Place in Adrigami: 12/7/23 1st Place in LukaCoufaine: 4/26/21 (Subtle difference) 3rd Place in LukaCouffaine: 4/7...