Don't blame me

By thisbitchcinderella

[On hold till I get better] 4 years ago Four didn't just left his absuive father, he left his little sister. ... More

introduction
choosing ceremony-one
Training-two
Wounds can heal-three
jealous-four
Party with obstacles-six
first true kiss-seven
Pray-eight
Stay as duo-nine
the fence-ten
confessing-eleven
first-twelve
jealous, Daisy?-thirteen
infirmary-fourteen
beaten up-fifteen
war games-sixteen
vistors day-seventeen
Explanations-eighteen
Siblings-nineteen
tears and kisses-twenty
Announcement
Announcement

Not all men-five

1.8K 31 3
By thisbitchcinderella

"So why am I here?" I asked annoyed sitting on the concrete floor.

"We're training you." He said and I looked confused.

"We? I just see you and me." Suddenly a man appears.

"I'm Luke. Eric's best and only friend.

"Nice meeting you but I honestly have better things to do than training with two of my leaders because obvious. I don't do scary people!" I countered and was about to leave when I noticed the door was locked.

"You'll stay here and train," Eric demanded.

"Eric...let me out." I breathed out and my eyes were wide open.

"Daisy. I talked with Four and he said you should be trained so we're gonna do exactly this thing." Luke said walking towards me but I rushed into another corner.

"Don't you dare touch me!" I hissed and Eric looked annoyed but honestly when doesn't he?

"What's wrong with you Daisy? You said yourself you want me to train you to be better." Eric called out to me and I looked up from the floor.

"But not in a locked room with two men and maybe some more in corners which I don't see. So. Stay. Away." I begged them trying not to freak out and have a panic attack.

"Okay, you know what? You're pathetic!" Eric said face-palming himself.

"If you'd know my past you wouldn't lock me in this room in the first place!" I whispered tears dreading to fall even though it wouldn't be the first time I told anyone.

Caleb was the first one I've ever told.

"Daisy, would you please calm down and stop acting like a baby." Eric pleaded but I just couldn't help the rising panic.

"C-could someone p-please get Four?" I asked quietly and Luke opened the door to get Four.

They came rushing in and Four walked towards me. Seeing my foot bouncing up and down and my hands shaking.
"What happened?" He asked Luke and Eric who wasn't even looking at me.

"She just started to freak out," Luke answered.

"He'll never stop, h-he won't," I murmured just so loud so Tobi could hear me.

"Daisy, I want you to look at me and count till 10 and then I want you to think of something. Like a song that could express your feelings. Alright?" Tobias looked at me his hand on my knee to stop my bouncing.

"Mhhmm." I counted from one to ten and never looked away from Tobias.

"Now you wanna sing a song what's running through your mind?" Tobi asked and I nodded, trying to stop bouncing my foot and concentrate.

"Have you ever walked a little faster
After midnight when you're all alone?
Have you ever pulled your jacket tighter, while pretending that you're on the phone?"

"Keep on, Dais. Keep singing." My brother encouraged me

"Have you ever held your tongue
When someone tried to call you "baby"? If you say a word, he's gonna call you crazy. Well, I have and she has, too."

Tobias held my hand tight and not letting it go.

"We all know that it's not all men.
We all know that it's not all men.
But it's some of them
So we hold our breath, baby nonetheless."

Eric and Luke looked at us but for some reason, I didn't care.

"We say "no" but they still hear "yes"
Blame our clothes and it's not all men
But it's all women
So we hold our breath, baby nonetheless."

"Four! What's she talking about?" Luke whispered to Tobias.

"Have you ever blamed yourself for drinking, thinking maybe you're the reason why?
Have they ever said that you were lying
'Cause he's handsome and he's way too nice?"

"She's singing about what she's feeling. It helps her calm down."

"Have you ever felt like you were beaten but they left no bruises?
If you tell the truth, they say his life is ruined. Well, I have and she has, too."

"How do you know this whole stuff?" Eric asked crossing his arms.

"We all know that it's not all men.
We all know that it's not all men.
But it's some of them.
So we hold our breath, baby nonetheless!
We say "no" but they still hear "yes".
Blame our clothes and it's not all men
But it's all women
So we hold our breath, baby nonetheless."

"Eric would you just please shut up for once in your life?" Four hissed at him squeezing my hand lightly to tell me not to stop.

"And their words are like a bad tattoo
Too prude.
She was asking for it.
Trust issues, bad news.
She was fucking boring.
She was such a whore and ugly in the morning.
And it's not all men but it's all women."

"You're feeling better now?" Tobi asked and I smiled slightly to answer a yes.

"My mouth is dry," I said and Tobias chuckled before he stood up to get me water.

"Here." He said giving me the water.
"You know he can't get to you here, right?" Tobi whispered so only I could hear him.

"He could get me anywhere. He even found me at amity when I tried to run away." I was concerned that any second an outrageous Marcus would storm into this room.

"You what?" Tobias shrieked and caught Eric's and Lukes's attention.

"Tobias, lower your voice!" I hissed quietly at him.

"No, no, no. You did what?" He asked again in a loud voice.

"I tried to run away because I couldn't take it any longer. You don't know the even worse parts so shut your mouth and calm down. Why do you even care what I did back there?" My voice was as loud as his at the time.

"Would you both include us in your conversation." Luke raised his eyebrows.

Four punched Eric in his face.
"GODDAMN! HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING. WOULD YOU JUST LET YOUR AGRESSIVITY OUT ON SOMEONE ELSE?" I yelled at my brother.

"Men like him are the fault that you feel worse!" Tobi said and ran out of the room.

"YEAH! RUN AWAY, LIKE YOU ALWAYS DO! IT'S THE BEST THING YOU CAN!" I yelled after him.

My feet walked over to Eric whose nose was bleeding.

"I think it's broken," I said and got an I-knew-that-by-myself-dumbass look.

"No shit, Sherlock." He said sarcastically.

"Sorry, that he punched you," I said looking at his nose before rubbing some of the dried blood away.

"It's not your fault." Eric laughed and made me giggle a bit.

"But maybe your nose is prettier after it." I teased him.
"I'm sorry for not telling you what has been going on. I just don't like telling people about the past which is exactly in the past."

"I understand traumatizing childhoods, Daisy. You don't have to tell me." Eric said and our faces were only inches apart.

Suddenly someone cleared their throat.
"I'm still here guys." Luke made us notice him.

"Well, we still have some work to do. With open doors of course." Eric stood up and put up a punching bag for me.

"You can say that he looks hot when he does that, I don't judge you, I think that too," Luke said to me and my eyes widened.

"So first. I didn't think that and second. I know that you thought that. I mean it's pretty obvious when you were licking your lip." I laughed and Luke slapped the back of my head.

"Is it that obvious, that I'm gay?" He asked and I looked at him with raised eyebrows.

"Yes. I mean look at you. None of the men has nearly this good style as you. And the brooch...I am in love with it! Where did you get it? I need something like that. Men should were them more often."

"Oh I got it in this pretty shop in the pit, its name is 'Lilies and Lavender's' Their names are Lilie and Lavender so they called their shop after it. After flowers, unusual for Dauntless, Isn't it?" He answered and I nodded.

"Would you two babblers now come over here and start train?" Eric yelled at us from the punching bag.

Luke and I went over to it and I wanted to go to the table with the hand guards.

"Nope." Eric blocked my way and pulled me back to the bag.
"In a real fight, you don't have the time to ask: 'Can I get my hand guards otherwise I'll hurt my sensible tiny fingers.' Understood?" Eric mimicked my voice and I rolled my eyes.

"I do not! Sound like this!" I complained while Eric was just nodding waiting for me to start punching.

"It's uncomfortable if you look at me like that," I told them.

"Just start punching the fucking bag!" Eric and Luke said simultaneously.

"Jeez." I started punching the bag as hard as I could a minute or two passed and my knuckles started to burn badly but I didn't stop instead I just punched harder.

"Daisy...Daisy!" I came back to reality and looked at Eric.

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked but he just shook his head in disbelief.

"Sweety. Your whole hand is covered in the blood of your knuckles." Luke pointed at my hands and I saw the dripping blood.

"It's just a bit of blood. Nothing serious." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Go eat something we'll train tomorrow!" Eric demanded but I wasn't hungry and I couldn't eat something at the moment without spitting it out a minute later.

I got a paper tissue to rub the dried blood away while walking back to the dorms. Everybody was still in the canteen so I took advantage and showered I changed into my pajama and laid down in bed fiddling with my favorite book 'The Great Gatsby' It was written long before the war. My grandpa gave it to me before he died.

"What'ya reading?" Peter came in and I put my book on my stomach.

"The Great Gatsby, it's about a rich man who throws a party in the hope his love will show up someday," I explained to him and he wrinkled his nose.

"Seems too romantic for me."

"Wouldn't it be something nice to know somebody always throws parties just so you come because he loves you?" I gushed and imagined myself as Daisy, "My grandpa always read it to me because my name is Daisy and he said someday it will be my turn to be the girl this special boy throws party for." I chuckled at the memory and so did Peter.

"So there is a special boy?" he asked curiously before he slipped into my bed and hugged me.

"Tssk. Did you see the dauntless boys? They don't have style and I honestly don't want a boyfriend who is on the fence 24/7 and also not in the intelligence. I mean do I look like I wanna see my boyfriend once a week? Nope. Not." I answered and Peter looked up at me.

"Then what do you want?" He asked and I ruffled his hair.

"Don't know. Someone who cares and understands me the way I am." I answered, "Now tell me about your love life." I demanded.

"There's this girl...her name is Sara and she has blonde hair it shines whenever she stands in the light and her eyes... gosh they're as blue as the sky!" Peter gushed and I chuckled.

"Seem like my Peter Pan has found his Wendy."

"She's a dauntless born and she asked me today if I wanted to go to the party with her! I mean which boy doesn't like a girl who dares the first step?", Peter seemed so happy and that made me happy too.
"You wanna come to the party too? Uriah and the girls are coming too" Peter insisted that I should go with them.

"I don't know. If we go the stiff will be there and I don't need her sneaky comments!"

"Too late!" The girls came in with a pile of clothes and pulled Peter out of bed.
"Go to Uriah!" They demanded and Peter gave me a hand kiss before walking out of the dorm.

"Now!!!!" Marlene shrieked, "It's time for a makeover!"

Lynn pulled out a white dress and handed it to me. I disappeared into the bathroom to change it. "Is that supposed to be that tight?" I asked as I walked out tugging at the dress.

"You look gorgeous!" Lynn and Marlene said simultaneously.

"I don't do it!" I said wrinkling my nose.

"But you look pretty!" Marlene bragged and helped me with my make-up. "Erics' eyes will fall out!" She assured me and I looked at her confused.

"What? I don't even like him and I only know him for what like 3 days?" I rolled my eyes at the two girls.

"But on the second day he helped you in the infirmary and today he trained you! I think it's obvious you like him and he finds you attractive!" Lynn explained her theory and slipped into her sneakers.

"Wait?! She gets to wear Sneakers and I have to wear those uncomfortable high-heels?" I asked annoyed and got shoulder shrugging.

"You're just too small so we have to make you taller so that you don't look like a dwarf!" Marlene took my hand and we all went outside to the pit where the music was booming off the walls.

Please comment and vote!

~~~•~~~•~~~•~~~•~~~•~~~•~~~•

Edited: 17th september 2022

If you see any spelling or grammatical errors please let me know in a comment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 166 18
This is a backstory for Eric. I've taken bits and pieces from the Divergent series and also the movie. I also used the book about Four that recentl...
132K 3.1K 138
This is the second story in a trilogy: Change Of Heart (Book One)-complete To Save A City (Book Two)-complete To Change A City (Book Three)-in prog...
34.4K 1K 27
Now following the 'Divergent' story, it's been two years since Amalia and Tobias learned that there was a plan brewing between Erudite and Dauntless;...
571K 15.2K 63
Riley Eaton was the daughter of Abnegation leader Marcus Eaton. Her father is a terrible man to both her and her brother Tobias. His ways worsen when...