lemon and mint | Charles Lecl...

By -justanna-

Life with her smelled like fresh lemons with a bit of mint aside. Sour, yet gratifying, since it was the perf... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
the sequel
~ uno ~
~ due ~
~ tre ~
~ quattro ~
~ cinque ~
~ sei ~
~ sette ~
~ otto ~
~ nove ~
~ dieci ~
~ undici ~
~ dodici ~
~ tredici ~
~ quattordici ~
~ quindici ~
~ sedici ~
~ diciassette ~
~ diciotto ~
~ diciannove ~
~ venti ~
~ ventuno ~
~ ventidue ~
~ ventitré ~
~ venticinque ~
~ ventisei ~
~ ventisette ~
~ ventotto ~
~ ventinove ~
~ trenta ~
~ trentuno ~
~ trentadue ~
~ trentatre ~
~ trentaquattro ~
~ trentacinque ~
~ trentasei ~
~ trentasette ~
~ trentotto ~
~ trentanove ~
~ quaranta ~
~ quarantuno ~
~ quarantadue ~
~ quarantatre ~
~ quarantaquattro ~
~ quarantacinque ~
~ quarantasei ~
~ quarantasette ~
~ quarantotto ~
~ quarantanove ~
~ THE END ~

~ ventiquattro ~

4.3K 142 48
By -justanna-

🌸 note 🌸

Happy Sunday to my beloved readers!

No race this week means no pain for me. No, I'm crying in the corner. LOL. You can join me.

CRYING SESSION AT MY HOUSE TONIGHT AT 8. PULL UP.

This chapter is not the happiest one. I apologise in advance for causing pain. I love you all.

I want to thank you all for your support. Special thanks belong to my beloved friend water4lily who supports me no matter what, throws ideas at me and watched Fate: The Winx Saga without me. (Thanks a lot 🙃) I still love her deeply, but this disappointed me greatly, so yeah.

Make someone smile every day, but never forget you're someone too :)

Loads of love, Anna <3

🌸

Great Britain, July 2019

"Hey. How is my girl doing?" That was what Pia heard when she picked up a call from Charles.

"Hey. Your girl is happy because her lover just called her," the Italian giggled into the phone. She was once again a teenager in love. He made it so hard not to love him. "How are you doing?"

"Fine. Now, it's how it should be," he mumbled. He sounded happy. "What are you doing?" Another question left his lips when he heard how Pia was moving around.

"I'm just cooking dinner," Pia said with a smile.

It was Saturday afternoon - one free weekend before the German Grand Prix. Pia was staying over at Lando's, and Charles was back in Monaco with Charlotte. They managed to call each other twice during the week. It was tricky because they needed to be out of the reach of their partners. Neither of them felt really comfortable in this situation. They promised they would solve this situation by the summer break, but one week had already passed, and nothing happened. Breaking up with people wasn't as easy as it seemed. Maybe they would solve it by the end of the summer break.

"And what are you cooking," he asked her. Pia could hear that he was genuinely interested. It wasn't like Lando wasn't interested in what she was doing, but it just wasn't the same. The Italian sometimes felt like he was asking her just because he didn't know what else to say, but Charles just asked because he cared.

"I'm Italian, so try to guess," Pia giggled. She loved the stereotypes about Italians.

"Some pasta?" Pia was sure he was smiling. She could hear it in his voice. She was sure it was that lazy smile - one that was so effortlessly beautiful.

"Correct, mister Leclerc." It almost sounded like from some TV competition. Perhaps from something like 'Who wants to be a millionaire?'

"What did I win?" he asked teasingly. He was a thousand kilometres away, yet Pia could see his smug smile.

"What would you want?" she asked him all flirty.

"You in my arms," he said without hesitation. Pia couldn't help but wonder if he even thought about it or if he just said the first thing that came to his mind. She wanted to hope that it was the second option. She wanted to believe that she was on his mind all the time.

"That's my wish too," Pia admitted shyly. It was like once she was back close to him, she couldn't be far away from him. But as always, it wasn't that easy.

"Perhaps by Germany, we can be together without our partners," he said. He made it sound so effortless. Almost like they were talking about returning a toy to the toyshop. He made it sound like nothing that would include people's feelings and getting hurt.

"I don't know if I will be able to do it this quickly," the Italian whispered. She was afraid of Charles' reaction.

"Do you want to be with him or me?" the Ferrari driver questioned.

"Of course, I want to be with you, but it's not that easy. It's not like breaking up with Charlotte will be easy," she stated, even though she knew that Charles would say something like 'watch me'. But she knew he wouldn't speak the truth.

"I can break up with her tonight." There it was, that smug egoistic part of Charles. He wanted to convince Pia that Charlotte didn't mean anything to him, but the Italian wasn't stupid. She knew that Charles would struggle with breaking up with her. He was just talking like this because he wanted to gather the courage to actually do that. Charles was always like that. He needed to talk about it first to make it happen.

"Sure, you can," Pia whispered with closed eyes. She didn't want to argue. "Lando is gonna be home soon. I should probably go," she announced. There was a part of her which wanted to say that she loved him, but she wasn't sure if it wasn't too soon.

"Alright. See you in Germany, okay?" he asked. Pia just agreed before ending the call. Was he thinking about saying 'I love you' as well? Pia wanted to know.

---

"Hi, love," Lando shouted from the hallway when he arrived home from the MTC.

"Hello. How was the training," the Italian asked him while he made his way to her. He planted a sweet innocent kiss on her forehead before replying that training was alright.

"What are you cooking?" The Briton asked while adoring his girlfriend. She looked so good in that baggy black trackies and cropped white t-shirt, revealing a bit of her skin on the tummy. Her hair was tied up in a messy bun - she thought it was horrendous, but she actually looked effortlessly stunning, at least in Lando's opinion.

"Pasta. Are you okay with that?" she asked. Lando just nodded while jumping on the kitchen counter. He reached for Pia with his arm and made her move to stand in between his legs. Then he stole a kiss from her. "Lando, I cannot finish the dinner like this," the Italian pointed out, but Lando just shut her up with another kiss.

"Fuck the dinner," he said in between their kisses.

"Lando," she moaned. "Lando, wait," she said urgently, and Lando stopped kissing her. "I can't," Pia let out. She couldn't sleep with him after what happened with Charles.

"You can't?" he asked. Pia would expect to hear the surprise in his voice, but instead of that, she listened to a bit of anger and perhaps disappointment. When Pia wasn't answering him, he asked another question. "Okay, so let me ask a different question. Do you love me?" She didn't say anything once again. There was just silence.

"Lando, I'm sorry. I'm just-" she began, but Lando interrupted her. He knew what this was about.

"I'm just in love with another guy? Nothing I didn't know." He was ready for it. He knew that this moment would come soon. He was just trying to postpone it as much as he could because he really cared for Pia. He loved her, and he was trying to win her heart over. The Briton really tried, but he was just flogging a dead horse.

"I'm sorry." Another apology left her mouth as if it could change something. She didn't know what to say because she had a broken heart just once, and she broke it herself.

"Don't be. You always said that everything is possible, but, um, I know not everything is possible." Pia froze. She didn't want to hurt him as much as she probably did.

"Hey, Lando?" Pia's voice stopped the young Briton when he was about to leave the room.

"Uh, are you hungry? I can finish cooking that dinner or order something... I don't know," Pia asked Lando. She felt so guilty, but there wasn't anything that could fix it.

"You mean, cook me dinner instead of falling in love with me?" He asked with disappointment in his voice. He couldn't believe her.

"Yeah," she sighed. She realised how ridiculous it sounded. How could that help? How could dinner fix it?

She wished it could be different. At this point, she wished she would love him and not Charles, but unfortunately, that wasn't something she could control.

"No. Thank you. I already ate," the Briton said.

"Lando, you're a really nice and kind guy. Trust me when I say every girl wou-" The Italian started, but the McLaren driver was quick to interrupt her.

"I would appreciate it if you would leave." He needed to look away to say that, but he really didn't want to be anywhere near this Italian. Definitely not right now. Then he just left the room, leaving Pia behind.

The Italian just got up and made her way to the bedroom she shared with Lando. She started filling the luggage with her things while returning a couple of hoodies back to the Briton's part of the closet.

She wondered what she should do. She could find a train and book a hotel in London. She could fly to Nice and call Max and ask him if she can crash at his place. But when she called her Dutch friend, she learnt he was with Joanna in Austria. He offered that she could come there, but Pia didn't want to disturb them. She didn't really feel like calling Sebastian, and there wasn't any flight to Genoa, so she couldn't go to her home either. So, she just packed her things and left for a train. Staying over the night in London seemed like the only option.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 2.7K 74
⚠️ Warning, this story contains smut ⚠️ Reunited with her best friends after years apart 2021 was going to a great year, Melissa could feel it. A n...
99.6K 2.6K 66
Sequel to Red... Absence makes the heart grow fonder. But out of sight out of mind? Hmm, I can't quite decide which is true. I mean, I can't forget...
233K 4.7K 60
It had been 10 years since the last time Valeria had set foot in a kart, or a circuit for that matters. She had grown up watching Formula1 with her d...
147K 5.6K 70
Sebastian Vettel has achieved almost everything he's ever wanted in life; a career in the sport in he loves, four world titles, financial stability a...