The New Girl | Steve Harringt...

Від Mysecretaccount431

Jim Hopper's niece, Delilah Hopper, moved to Hawkins after her parents died in a fire. Delilah was sent to li... Більше

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 4

532 14 2
Від Mysecretaccount431

I began to lead the way back to his house. The stranger rode on the back of Mike's bike because it fits two people. As soon as we got there, I pushed them all into the basement and sat the kid down on the couch. I pulled off Steve's soaked jacket, pulled my hair out of the ponytail, and paced back and forth, trying to decide what to do.

The kid looked scared as she watched me. I had no idea what to do or where she came from. I wasn't cut out for this and maybe Hopper was right to tell me to stay back. The others watched me, waiting to see what I would do. I took a deep breath before sitting down on the coffee table to be level with her.

"Is there a number we can call? For your parents." I asked calmly and quietly.

"Where's your hair? Do you have cancer?" Dustin asked. I snapped my head toward him in anger. He backed up.

"Did you run away?" Lucas asked.

"Are you in trouble," Mike asked.

"Is that blood?" Lucas asked again.

"Okay, none of you are helping! Shut up!" I ordered and instantly their mouths shut. "You're freaking her out."

"She's freaking me out!" Lucas defended.

"I bet she's deaf!" Dustin inquired as he marched over to me. He clapped in her face, making her jolt back. I slowly looked over at him when he realized he was deeply mistaken. "Not deaf." I stood up and started toward him, but he backed up.

"That's enough! From all of you." I ordered, looking at the three boys. They looked up at me and nodded. "She's scared and cold. I'm scared and cold."

"Why because Steve's--" Mike began, but he stopped himself, knowing this wasn't the place or time. Thunder crashed, making the girl flinch and cower. 

"Get her something to change into." I snapped my fingers at Mike and he walked over to a clothes basket. I sat back down and gently placed my hand on her. "Hey, it's okay. It can't hurt you." She slowly opened her eyes and looked up at me. I smiled sympathetically at her.

"Here, these are clean," Mike announced, holding out some clothes for her to use. She hesitantly reached for them. She looked confused. She wiped her face as if she was feeling the material. Then she took off the jacket and stood up. To my surprise, she grabbed the bottom of the oversized shirt to take it off.

"Woah, woah, woah!" I said, gripping her hands while the boys cringed and turned away. She looked up at me in curiosity. "You can't change in front of boys." I chuckled. She looked into my eyes and I moved my hands to her upper arms. I looked over and saw the bathroom. "You can change in that little room. It's the bathroom." 

I picked up her clothes and began to lead her over to the room, glaring at the three boys who were acting like babies. She walked into the bathroom and began looking around. I gripped the doorknob with my right and chewed my left thumbnail. I began to push the door, but she gripped it, stopping it before I could shut it. She looked scared.

Maybe she was kidnapped or traumatized. 

"You don't want me to close it?" I questioned.

"No." She spoke quietly. I gave a small smile and nodded.

"Okay. How about we meet in the middle?" I slowly pulled the door so it was cracked rather than fully shut. "Okay?"

"Yes." I nodded.

I walked over toward the cowering boys, hitting each of them on the arms. They winced in pain and I stood over them, crossing my arms. Thunder crashed again as I began my lecture.

"You guys need to grow up or go somewhere else. There might be something wrong with her and we need to call the police." I explained. They looked up at me.

"There's something wrong with her. She tried to get naked." Dustin added. 

"Okay, Dustin, no girl would purposely try to get naked in front of you any of you. She might not understand." Dustin narrowed his eyes in the offense.

"I bet she escaped the nuthouse from Kerly County." Lucas stepped in.

"I'm sure you have a lot of family there," I added, making him look up at me in annoyance.

"Bite me." He counteracted. I grinned to show off my teeth. "The point is, she's got to be a psycho. That's why her hair is shaved!"

"We weren't going to leave her out in the rain." I turned to Mike. "We need to tell your mom."

"I agree," Lucas stated.

"I think that's a good idea," Dustin added. Mike looked up at me.

"Look who's being crazy now!" Mike exclaimed. My eyes widened and I stared at the audacity this boy had.

"How?" I challenged.

"None of us were supposed to be out tonight." He reminded. I narrowed my eyes in confusion.

"And?" I asked.

"If we tell my mom, and she tells your mom and your mom..." He pointed to Dustin and Lucas.

"Our houses become Alcatraz." Lucas finished. I placed my fingers on my temples.

"Okay, then we'll tell Hopper."

"We can't tell Hopper. We will still be doomed." Dustin countered.

"Oh, boo hoo. You can't leave your house for a few days." I snapped back.

"Then we can't find Will." Mike corrected. I shut my mouth, trying to think about what we could do with this girl. I couldn't just leave the responsibility to Mike and the others. But I didn't want this responsibility either.

"Okay." I sighed. I shut my eyes, trying to think this plan through. "What if... she stays here tonight--"

"Let a girl spend the--"

"And then in the morning... she goes up to your door, rings the doorbell, and leaves it up to your mom," I suggested. Mike looked at me and nodded. It was a good plan that would take her off of all of our cases.

"And tomorrow night, we go back and look for Will." He finished. I crossed my arms, unsure if that's how I was going to contribute. They looked at me for confirmation. I shrugged.

"Just, feed her and make her comfortable," I said, walking over to the coffee table and ripping a piece of paper off of a stupid sketch Mike did. I grabbed a pen and began writing. "Then call me when everything's over." I finished writing the number and turned back to Mike, giving him the slip of paper.

"Okay. Thanks, Delilah." Mike said, taking the slip from me. 

I grabbed some pillows and blankets and ordered the boys to make her a tiny fort she could sleep in while I talked to her. She came out of the bathroom and I smiled at her. Dustin and Lucas built it while Mike went upstairs and grabbed some food for her. 

"Tonight, you're going to spend the night here. Okay? Where it's safe and warm." I assured her. She nodded, looking around my face as if she were studying my features. Mike came back down and I turned to the two boys who did not live there. "Okay, let's go. Now. I'm probably going to get shit from Hopper and I still have to stop by Jonathan's." I pulled Steve's jacket over my shoulders and watched the boys eye me. "What?"

"Nothing." They muttered. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my backpack. I watched Mike give the girl his sleeping bag and the other two were muttering things about her.

"Let's go, you little shits," I said, gripping their collars and pushing them out of the basement. 

We were all able to exit quietly and grab our bikes. They got settled on their bikes and right as we were getting ready to leave, we heard a sound. The rain wasn't as harsh now, but it was going to pick up again. There was still thunder.

We turned toward the sound and we saw it was Steve exiting Nancy's window. I muttered some curse words to myself as the other two looked between me and the sneaky boy. He looked over at us, stopping in his tracks.

"Lilah?" Steve whispered.

"Lilah?" Dustin asked, looking over at Lucas. I sighed in frustration, putting my hand up to tell them to shut up.

"Go home." I urged, turning to them. "Now." They immediately pedaled away as fast as they could just as Steve walked up to me. 

"Wow, they listened to you." He said in surprise. 

"Yep. I'm practically their babysitter. And it helps if they have a crush on you." I said, looking over at him with a small tired smile.

"I figured I'd miss you by the time I left. But I guess you didn't get far judging by your appearance." He stated, touching a strand of my hair. It wasn't as soaked as it was. 

"Can we go stand under a tree or something?" I asked. He chuckled and nodded. 

"I've got a better idea." I followed him over to his car. I let the bike rest on the ground while I sat on the passenger side of his car. I shivered from the damp clothes while he got in. 

"Thanks."

"I guess that jacket didn't help." I pressed my lips together and shook my head as I began to take it off. I handed it to him. He chuckled and grabbed it. "Thanks." I nodded as he put it in his back seat. "How did the search go?"

"I don't want to talk about it," I admitted, resting my fingers against my brow. He nodded.

"Okay."

"How was 'studying'?" I teased. He chuckled and looked over at me.

"We studied." I scoffed and looked out the window.

"Liar." He laughed softly.

"How were you going to get home?" I looked over at the bike and he followed my gaze. "You were going to bike in a storm? While someone is missing?" I looked over at him.

"Steve, I'm not even supposed to be out. Yes, I'm going to bike in this."

"Why didn't you drive?" He asked, flabbergasted. 

"Because I didn't want Hopper thinking I left." He looked at me with a disciplined look. I shrugged. 

"Well, let me drive you home."

"No, I can't ask you to do that."

"You're not asking, I'm doing." He said, beginning to put his seat belt on.

"No, Steve. You can't. Because I need to stop by Jonathan's." I declined. He looked over at me, scanning my face. I wasn't going to let him drive me there and then home. "And I don't know how long I'll be over there."

"I'm not letting you bike in this weather. Can't you wait till tomorrow?" He questioned. I looked at him impatiently.

"No! I need to see him. I'll be fine." I turned to open the door, but he sighed and pulled my hand away. 

"Fine. I'll take you there and then home." He said. Before I could decline again, he got out of the car and walked over to my bike. He put it in the trunk and walked back over to the driver's side. He started the car and began to drive off. I stared at him with confusion, annoyance, and thankfulness. 

"You didn't have to do this." I reminded him.

"I didn't. But the weather is going to get worse, you're already soaked, it would be better for you to get in trouble with a boy rather than sneaking off to do the exact thing Hopper told you not to do, and I would be a mess trying to figure out if you got home safe or not." My eyebrows pulled together at his words. That was unlike the Steve Harrington I've spoken to in the past three days. 

"A mess?"

"Yeah, I don't have a way to contact you. And you're Nancy's friend." I nodded, sitting back in my seat with a small smile. Maybe he wasn't such a horrible guy. "So, uh, are you and that freak--" I snapped my head toward him. "Jonathan-- dating?" I rolled my eyes.

"No. We're not. And if you can't even say his name, why are asking me about him? Why would it matter if I was or not? And why do you care?" I asked all of the questions running through my head.

"I just think it's odd."

"What?" I questioned further with a rising attitude.

"You have the potential to be something great at Hawkins High. And he's dragging you down." I scoffed, sitting up and turning to him.

"Everyone needs to stop saying that. That's not what I want. I don't want to be you or your dumb stupid friends." I explained harshly. He looked between me and the road. "I'm not going to be like the rest of the girls at that school."

"What do you mean?"

"Begging for you to accept me." His lips parted and I stared at him in a challenge. "So stop trying to make me become your new guinea pig to build your popularity. Got it?" I raised my eyebrows.

"That's not what I want, Lilah." He muttered, fully turning back to the road. He pulled up to the house and I licked my lips.

"I'll be quick." He nodded as I took off my seatbelt and rushed to the door. I knocked on it, knowing that they wouldn't be sleeping.

Jonathan answered the door, immediately looking down at me. I could see he had been crying. I didn't let him notice the car or anything else. I pulled him into a hug, practically pushing him inside his house. He shut the door and hugged me back tighter. 

"I'm so sorry, Jonathan," I whispered to him.

"Mom said he called." I pulled away from him with wide hopeful eyes.

"What? What did he say?" I quickly question.

"She said he just breathed. Then the phone shorted out." I pressed my lips together, trying to process this. I saw his eyes fill with tears again and I shook my head, pulling him back into a hug. He engulfed me, sobbing into my shoulder. "I should've been there for him, Delilah. I shouldn't have picked up that extra shift, and I shouldn't have gone to the diner."

I felt a lump in my throat. A knot formed in my stomach. I was holding back my tears. It was partially my fault too. If I hadn't wanted to go out, or if I had stayed with him and walked him home everything would've been okay. He would be safe.

I let Jonathan cry as long as he needed to, but I eventually guided him to his room and tried to relax him so he could get some sleep. I doubted he would sleep, but just to relieve him would be calming to me.

He told me I should go and get some sleep. I was surprised he hadn't asked about who drove me or why my clothes were soaked. I gave him another hug before leaving. I was impressed that Steve hadn't left me there.

I got in and he looked over at me, questioning my sad look. I don't know what it was but as soon as I sat down in Steve's car, I felt grief wash over me. I wasn't going to let Steve Harrington see me cry though.

"You okay?" I looked over at him.

"I should've walked him home."

"Jonathan?" I shook my head, feeling the tears build. I blinked them away, regaining myself. 

"Will. I should've been there to walk him home." I admitted out loud.

"You can't do that to yourself, Lilah. You can't blame yourself. Who knows, maybe if you did walk him home, you would be missing too." He suggested as he began to drive down the road again.

"But he wouldn't be alone," I stated. He shook his head.

"He's not your kid. He's not your responsibility. And it's not your fault." He assured me. I looked over at him. He was right. It wasn't my fault, but it felt like it was. I felt like I could've prevented this. But I didn't. 

He stopped at my house and we both got out. I could see Hopper's car was there which meant I was going to have a little trouble sneaking back in. Especially if Steve was getting out too. He took my bike out and placed it on the ground effortlessly. 

"Thanks for the ride," I spoke quietly.

"Of course." I began to walk away, but I heard him following me. 

"You don't have to come with me."

"I'm going to make sure you made it into your house safely." He argued. I was too tired to argue back. I let him walk silently next to me. I put the bike down in the yard and we got to my window. I tried to pull it up, but it must not have been pulled up in a while.

"I think it's stuck," I whispered. 

"Here, let me help." He whispered as he came over to my aid. "On three. One. Two. Three." 

We both lifted at the same time, breaking the crusted seal. I cringed at the sound but was thankful for his help nonetheless. He pushed it up wider for me to fit and got down on one knee to help me up into the room. I was in safely and I turned to him to thank him. He poked his head in to look around my room. He smiled and nodded.

"Your window is much easier to sneak in than Nancy's." He whispered. I chuckled, trying to get him to leave before Hopper finds out. "We might have to move our study dates here."

"No, absolutely not." I immediately declined, making him laugh. I smiled. "Thanks for the help."

"You're just going to kick me out? Oh come on, I wanna see Delilah Hopper's room." My eyebrows pulled together in confusion and disgust.

"No."

"Why not?"

"You're probably going to snoop through my underwear drawer." I accused. He scoffed and looked over at me.

"If you're insisting." I clicked my tongue and rolled my eyes. He started to come in, but I pressed my hand on his face and pushed him back. "Hey!"

"Thank you for your help, Steve. I'll see you tomorrow." I said in a stricter tone.

"You're welcome. So are we officially starting over?" I rolled my eyes and he sighed. "I'm not going to leave until you agree. And the longer I wait, the closer I get to the inside of your room." I looked over at him skeptically. He smirked and held out his hand. I hesitantly placed mine in his, making him smile. "See, that's not so hard now is it?'

"You're still a douche. And an ass. And a jerk--" 

"Okay. I get it. Maybe I can change your mind."

"Why does it matter? You're with Nancy." I pulled my hand away and he shrugged.

"I'd rather there not be any awkwardness when we all have to hang out because Nance insists on bringing her best friend." He explained. I nodded and felt a wave of tiredness.

"Well, good night," I said, beginning to close my window.

"Good night, Lilah." He whispered as I shut it completely. I watched him jog swiftly back to his car and then I saw him drive off. I smiled knowing that I was able to get away with sneaking out and coming back safely. Although, I was worried about the girl. 

I changed into my pajamas and slipped into bed. It was one in the morning by the time I was getting into bed. The thunderstorm picked up and the rain was heavier. But I was comfortable and safe. 

The next morning, I waited for Mike to call about the girl. But when it came close to the time to leave, and I hadn't received a call, I knew he didn't follow through. I got changed and put my books back into my backpack. 

When I walked out, I expected to see a very angry Hopper, but he wasn't home. He was probably out already for his search. All that was left was a box of Honey Nut Cheerios and a note on the box saying:

We'll talk when I get home.

I rolled my eyes, grabbing the box and pouring myself a bowl. I drove to school and caught up with Barb and Nancy, who were cramming for their chemistry test. I was glad I wasn't in chemistry anymore. I hated chemistry. I barely passed with a B. 

"When alpha particles go through gold foil, they become..." Barb read.

"Unoccupied space." She quickly answered. I zoned out from my exhaustion from last night's events. I was still worried about that little girl, but maybe Mike forgot to call me because he had to get to school.

Just as Barb was reading the next notecard, someone came by and grabbed it from her hands. We looked up and of course, it was the biggest jerk on the planet. I rolled my eyes as I looked at him, but was disgusted as Tommy pulled a strand of my hair.

"Don't touch me," I muttered to him, shoving him as he walked by. I somehow ended up between Tommy and Steve.

"You've studied enough, Nance," Steve said, flipping through them.

"Steve--" She began to decline.

"I'm telling you, you've got this." I was getting very bored of seeing him all the time. "Don't worry. Now onto more important matters. My dad has left town for a conference and my mom went with him, because, you know, she doesn't trust him." 

"Good call," Tommy added. My face cringed at him. I did not care for this conversation. 

"So are you in?" He asked Nancy.

"In for what?" She asked.

"No parents? Big house?" Carol explained as if Nancy was two. I shot her a dirty look. She didn't need to talk to my friend like that.

"A party?" She clarified. 

"Ding, ding, ding." She spoke sarcastically. I opened my mouth to say something, but Barb bumped my shoulder to stop me. I hated biting my tongue sometimes.

"It's Wednesday." 

"It's Wednesday." Tommy mocked, beginning to laugh at her like she was stupid. 

"Come on. It'll be low-key. It'll be just us. What do you say? Are you in or are you out?" He asked, looking at the three of us. I crossed my arms impatiently. I was tired of this conversation.

"Um..." She mumbled.

"Oh, look," Carol said. We followed her gaze and I saw Jonathan. My heart broke as I watched him begin to staple a sign for Will up.

"Oh, that's depressing," Steve added. I looked up at him with anger.

"Should we say something?" Nancy questioned. I was feeling my anger bubble over and as soon as Carol opened her big fat ugly mouth, I lost it.

"I don't think he speaks." 

"How much do you want to bet he killed him?" Tommy added, only contributing to my rage.

"Shut up," Steve said, pushing his chest. I decided to take matters into my own hands. I kicked the back of Tommy's knee, making him jolt to one knee.

"Show a little class. His brother's missing." I said, keeping my gaze on my hurting friend. With that, I pushed past Steve and Tommy, almost knocking them over, and bumped my shoulder into Carol, almost making her drop her binder. "Hey..." He looked over at me and I could see how tired he was. 

"Hey." He said.

"Did you sleep? At all?" I questioned lightly. He shook his head and I gave a small sympathetic smile. "Do you know anything?"

"No. Hopper's... going to check out my dad." He muttered quietly. His gaze slowly fell behind me and I followed it. Sure enough, everyone was staring at us.

"I'm sure he's fine, Jonathan," I said, reverting to the conversation so he didn't have to look at the judgment. "He's smart."

"Yeah, well, there was no reason for him to run away." He added. I nodded, understanding why he was bitter and angry. The bell rang, interrupting our conversation. I looked up and then back at him. 

"Are you going to be here?" I asked.

"No, I have to go... print more posters." He said, throwing his thumb behind him. I smiled and nodded.

"Call me if you get any news." He began backing up and nodded. I turned away and began to walk to my class. I could see the group still staring at me and I took the risk of being tripped by blowing right in between Steve and Tommy, hitting both of their shoulders on my way.

As I walked to class, the PA announced an assembly for Will tonight at eight. I would like to go just so I could help in any way I could, but I'm sure this would just be about bullying and preventing another thing like this to happen.

Around lunchtime, Nancy was raving about how good she did on her test. I was having a hard time concentrating with all of the eyes burning against my head. I ignored Steve and his obnoxious staring.

"So... about Steve's party--" Nancy began as she turned up her gaze toward me. I looked at her in confusion. 

"What about it?" I asked, placing the fork in my mouth.

"Will you please come?" She asked. I immediately shook my head and looked back down at the meal. "Okay, I know what they did was wrong, but how can he apologize if you avoid him?"

"If he wants to apologize, he can find me," I explained, looking back up at her.

"I'm not going if Delilah's not going." Barb chimed in. I gestured to Barb, adding to my point. Nancy looked at both of us in annoyance.

"Guys, please? I told him I would only go if you guys went. Please, just do this one thing for me and I promise, it'll be a girl's day tomorrow and not even Steve Harrington will get in the way." She begged, looking between me and Barb. I looked at her, unamused by her plea while Barb looked like she was falling for it.

"Third wheel your date and that bitch Carol? I think I suddenly found some homework." I looked down at my food and began to pick at it again.

"Come on, Delilah." She begged.

"Nancy, I might not even be allowed. Hopper's got this whole safety lockdown after dark." I explained even though he did say I could go to Nancy's.

"Just tell him you're spending the night at my house. He'll let you stay at my house." I gave her a look and she seemed to be capturing me with her eyes. "Please. This is the one time I'll ever ask you to do this with me."

"Maybe it'll be fun, Delilah," Barb added. I looked back at Nancy with my eyebrow raised.

"Fine. But as soon as he's an ass I will not promise the actions of my hands will be nice." I explained, but all she heard was yes. She cheered and smiled at me, but I found it annoying that this is what I was doing.

After school, Nancy said I could get ready at her place and we would drive up there with Barb. I was surprised when she said she wanted to ride with me to her house, but maybe it was because she felt bad for constantly bailing on me.

When I got into the car, I grabbed my walkie-talkie and switched it to channel seven. I was hoping Hopper would be busy and brush me off. I was waiting for Nancy and this was my best opportunity to do this.

"Hopper?" I asked.

"Hey, kid, you alright?" He immediately answered.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Is it cool if I spend the night with Nancy tonight?" 

"Why so you can get out of your little sneaking out talk?" I rolled my eyes and looked around, seeing Nancy coming toward my car. 

"Please?" I asked again.

"Just Nancy's. Not Jonathan's, not Barb's, not Steve's. Got it?" I licked my lips and looked down at the device.

"Okay. Just Nancy's." I lied.

"Okay. And we're still going to have our talk." I rolled my eyes.

"Have you, uh, found anything?"

"No, but another call came in. Benny's dead." My heart stopped and I covered my mouth at the news. "But, he said there was a kid. So we have a lead on Will."

"Keep me updated?" 

"As much as I can."

At that, I turned off the device and stuffed it back into my bag. Nancy smiled as she joined me and I must've still looked a little disturbed.

"You okay?" She asked as I began to pull out of the parking lot.

"Yeah, Hopper said I can stay." I lied. She smiled and pulled her seatbelt.

"Great!" 

When we got to her house, she told me she had to go make a call and I told her I was just going to say hi to the boys before joining her upstairs. I instantly dashed for the basement and scared them from how fast I crashed through the door.

"Okay, Mike, you better have a great explanation about why I didn't receive a--" I began to say as I descend the steps. I stopped when I saw the girl was still there and they all were staring at me. "Mike! What the hell is going on?" I stopped in front of him and he looked up at me like he was at a loss for words.

"She knows where Will is." My eyes widened and I looked at him with hope.

"What? Where is he?"

"She won't tell us." Lucas quickly informed. I looked over at the little girl.

"If you know where he is, you need to tell me!" I shouted and instantly Mike pulled my arm so I was looking at her.

"You're scaring Eleven."

"Eleven? That's her name?"

"El for short." I shut my eyes impatiently and breathed in sharply. 

"Mike, we can't keep her here. We need to tell your mom." 

"No!" He quickly declined.

"Why not?" I countered, crossing my arms.

"Because she said if any adult knows, we would be in danger." He explained louder. I chuckled sarcastically and scratched my forehead.

"Danger. Of course." I chuckled, looking back down at him. "What kind of danger?" He formed his fingers like a gun and placed them on my forehead. I smacked his hand out of my face and began walking toward the steps. "This is ridiculous. We're telling your mom now."

I tried to open the door, but it shut. I tried to open it again, but it slammed harder. And locked. I let go of the door and turned to face the boys. Eleven was standing and her nose was bleeding. She did it? Like with her mind?

"No," Mike said forcefully. I was terrified at what I saw. "She has abilities and she's going to find Will." I walked down the steps and gripped his arms so he would pay attention to me.

"Mike. This is insane. You can't keep her here. If she has abilities, she needs to leave us. We're all in danger now." I explained harshly. He looked up at me with the same pleading eyes that Nancy had.

"Please, Delilah. Please just keep this secret. I promise everything will be fine!" He begged, holding onto my arms.

"Kids, dinner!" Karen called.

"Please." He begged. I looked at Eleven and she seemed to be begging me silently too. I looked back at Mike.

"I can't be responsible for her."

"You're not. I'll take care of her." 

"Kids, dinner!" Karen shouted again. 

"Fine. But I want to know everything all of the time. Got it?" He nodded and hugged me. I took a beat, not sure if I should hug him back, but eventually wrapped my arms around him.

We went up to dinner and I sat next to Nancy and Mike. The meatloaf was really good and now came the part where Nancy was going to try to convince her mom to let us go out tonight. I'm sure that she wasn't going to let us.

"Something wrong with the meatloaf?" Karen questioned the three boys eating.

"No, I uh, had two bologna sandwiches at lunch. I don't know why." Dustin answered. He was adorable. 

"Me too." Lucas chuckled.

"I think it's great." I complimented. She smiled over at me.

"Yeah, very delicious mommy," Nancy added. She was trying to butter her up to ask her to go tonight.

"Thank you, girls." She said, turning back to her plate.

"So there's this... special assembly going on tonight. For Will at the school field. Barb's driving." She stated. I was worried about what Karen was going to say. I was also upset that she was using the stupid assembly for her meet-up with Steve.

"Why am I just now hearing about this?" Karen asked.

"I thought you knew." She added.

"I told you, I don't want you out after dark until Will is found." She stated.

"Hopper said I could go. And he gave me a walkie-talkie in case anything goes wrong." I quickly came to Nancy's aid. I don't know why I did, it's not like I wanted to go.

"See, it'll be fine," Nancy added to my argument.

"Just, be back by ten, okay?" She agreed. Nancy nodded and smiled, happy she got her way. "Why don't you take the boys too?"

"No!" The boys immediately declined.

"Don't you think you guys should be there? For Will?" She questioned. 

My eyes moved toward the steps and I noticed El beginning to walk down. I kicked Mike's foot, trying to stay calm. He choked on his milk and I saw Karen begin to turn around to see what he was looking at. Thankfully, Dustin slammed his hands on the table at the same time I was smacking Mike's back to help him breathe.

"Sorry. Spasm." Dustin said as the attention turned to him.

"It's okay, Holly, it's just a loud noise." Karen quickly comforted the toddler.

"Nice," Nancy added, turning to Dustin.

I glared at Mike. I knew this was going to happen and even though I told him I wasn't going to be responsible, I still tried to help him. 

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

50.9K 1K 45
SECOND HALF FOLLOWS SEASON FOUR AND FIVE "I don't believe anybody feels the way I do, about you now" Delilah Henderson had never believed any of the...
77 1 21
Asteria Josie Denvers moved to California after the tragic incidents in Hawkins. She was definitely involved in the mess. Jonathan Byers, her best fr...
321K 6.5K 42
𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴 𝘳𝘪𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴. 𝘣𝘶𝘵, 𝘰𝘩, 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘴 Beatrice May Henderson is a normal...
202K 4.8K 77
Steve Harrington x reader Y/n M/n Hopper, the only daughter to Jim Hopper. Well the only living daughter. What happens when Will Byers goes missing...