I Daire You [On-Hold]

By yelloweggtarts_

"The boy seated on the couch was absolutely breathtaking. With that thick layer of floppy brown hair that fel... More

Chapter 1: The Wolf Exchange Programme
Chapter 2: Excuse me? I do not volunteer as tribute.
Chapter 3: The place was a freaking Hogwards for werewolves.
Chapter 4: Oh, so now you realize the blonde who you are currently snogging?
Chapter 6: So, I choose between my idiotic best friend or my moronic roommate.
Chapter 7: It's okay, I don't mind being a beach. You're a real brick after all.
Chapter 8: Are there any werewolves in Narnia?
Chapter 9: Only I have the ability to crack my rib on the first day of school.
Chapter 10: I was looking for my pet unicorn, Bobby. Have you seen him?
Chapter 11: Karma bites you painfully in the buttocks.
Chapter 12: Idiot. Idiot. Idiot. Idiot. Stupid dog.
Chapter 13: He gets to decide the fate of the world. No pressure though.
Chapter 14: I'm the human; you're the werewolf, I should look at you funny.
Chapter 15: It seems I call my wolf stupid and dog a lot. True though.
Chapter 16: Of all the wolves in the world; I get stuck with an inner unicorn.
Chapter 17: Even when I'm a werewolf; I am still mucked up.
Chapter 18: An undercover Ninja in a Wolf suit.

Chapter 5: I found my mate, and I screwed up 3 seconds after meeting her.

2.8K 74 4
By yelloweggtarts_

Hey peeps :) Thanks so much for the comments or votes x 

Dedicated to Avalon099 for the support and promoting. 

Picture of Neil at the side >>>

Don't forget to vote, comment or fan if you don't mind x

---Schroll down to continue---

Chapter 5:  I found my mate, and screwed up 3 seconds after meeting her. 

-Daire’s POV-

   I didn’t want some douche as my mate.

  Hell, I generally didn’t even want a mate.

  Frankly, the thought had never really occurred in my head. I didn’t even think a dysfunctional wolf like me could have a mate. Damn it, I couldn’t even shift for heavens sake.

  I didn’t know what else I was to do.

  But I knew one thing:

  I wasn’t going to just stand there and watch as my so called mate sucked the face of some other girl.

  Nor was I going to just stand there and allow the hurt and anger to show on my face.

  I didn’t want my story to be like those fantasies, where the girl was so pathetic and helpless when it came to her mate.

  Easier said than done though, considering that sight was so vulgar it burned my eyes.

  So what was the simplest thing to do to get rid of that disgusting view?

  I didn’t think twice as I spun around on my feet and sprinted out of the room.

  The first thing I wanted to do was run into Drake’s comforting arms. He’d always been there for me, through thick or thin. He was my brother, and although we teased each other to no end, he’d always be there if I needed to express my pain or hurt. And I’d always be there for him.

  And then I realize with a bitter sense of irritation:

  He happened to be sharing a dorm with Neil Feast, who, what an amazing day, happens to be that assholes buddy.

  Then it hit me that the asshole was, in no doubt, Clinton Vermont.

  Future Alpha of the Sombre Stones pack.

  If I were a werewolf I’d been growling so much my words would appear as a colourful string of pretty swearwords.

  Then I wanted to find daddy, who was second when it came to comfort.

  Oh look here!

  He was having a fudging meeting with the douche’s father.

  Really, could this day get any better?

  Lastly, I decided that I wouldn’t burden Sophia with my problems. She was probably getting to know her new roommates.

  Therefore, I realized I was going to be handling this on my own.

  My human feet ran animatedly beneath my shaking body as I blindly crushed my way through the halls of Silver Moon. I didn’t even know where I was supposed to go. This place was a freaking castle. A bunch of students threw me odd looks, and I didn’t blame them. I probably looked like a crazy beast running around looking like I’d just seen a murder.

  Then again, my eyes still stung and it felt so much damn worst than that.

  Finally, after what seemed like hours of aimless running, I found myself bursting into the woods which I figured were built for wolf training.

  Bitterly, another sense of anger washed over me when I cursed myself for having my wolf. If I were one, I could’ve shifted and just took out my anger by running, like how I always saw Drake and the others do.

  I broke into a halt as I slumped dejectedly against a tree trunk, my back ignoring the pricks of needles as its rough surface poked against the thin fabric that covered my skin.

  At first I was completely expressionless as I stared blankly at the evening sky.

  Then it all hit me like a ton of breaks:

  I don’t have my wolf.

  I will never, ever shift. 

  I found my mate.

  He was the future Alpha of Sombre Stones.

  He was making out with another girl.

  One word that I despised so much popped up in my already messed up mind:

  Rejection.

  And then the burning sensation in my turned moist and cold and I finally broke down into silent tears.

  I was so angry.

  Furious with myself, really.

  Not because my mate was snogging some slut in front of my very face.

  But because I was so weak.

  Why did it freaking hurt so much? I sobbed to myself as my hands blindly went into my sling bag and I pulled out my cell and earphones.

  Music was the only thing that could soothe me when I was depressed.

  As the song played out, my mouth parted open before I did the only thing I was actually good at.

  I sung to my heart’s content. Expressing its pain. Remorse. Disbelief and hurt.

  “I’m still alive, but I’m barely breathing.

  Just praying to a god that I don’t believe in.

  But I’ve got time while he’s got freedom.

  Cause when a heart breaks,

  No it doesn’t break even.”

-Drake’s POV-

  “So what’s it like being one of the big shot Alpha’s son?”

  I grinned up at Neil, who handed me a can of cold shandy. I didn’t like the taste of alcohol. I had gotten drunk once last year when I went to a club, and it was not a pretty sight. He was a pretty cool fella; I’d say we had similar personalities. Not we were just loitering around in the living room, waiting for some other new freshmen to appear so we could greet them.

  Or scare them away with our epic weirdness.

  Either way, it would be the definition of hilarious.

  “It’s honestly pretty normal,” I replied as I pricked my fingers between the can and plucked it open, “Despite the exaggerated respect and the extra alpha training, the rest of the pack treat me pretty normally.” I smiled against the cool can as I took a large, refreshing sip.

  “Really?” Neil asked, raising a blonde eyebrow in surprise, “That’s new. Clint’s the completely opposite of you.”

  “You mean Alpha Vermont’s son?” I took another sip before looking back at him.

  “Yup, Clinton Anthony Vermont,” Neil nodded before he laughed and rolled his eyes, “Even though he’s my best friend and all, I worry about the dude sometimes. He’s an even bigger player than I am, and considering the fact that I am seriously a womanizer, that’s saying something.”

  I chuckled, though inside I could already imagine what Clinton Vermont was like. Truthfully, guys like him triggered something close to dislike inside my head. It wasn’t anything personal, really. I just didn’t approve of the way certain wolves abused their father’s title into getting what they wanted, especially when it came to women. True, I knew from experience that the power was pretty overwhelming, but that didn’t mean I went around shoving it in other people’s faces.

 “But he’s a pretty decent person, despite his player ways,” Neil continued as he took a big gulp of his own can of shandy, “If you’ve known him since young like I do, you know that he’s actually a pretty good-natured guy.”

  I looked at him and smiled, “You talk about him like his a douche, yet you treat him with such respect.”

  “Well, he is my Alpha’s son and my future Alpha after all,” Neil laughed, “Besides, the pack can already tell that he is going to be a good Alpha in the future. He takes his training really seriously.”

  I nodded in understanding. For the first children of an Alpha, sure, we could kid around when it came to everyday life, but when it came to your lessons you needed to blunt down and focus. It was pretty pressuring. I mean, to state it bluntly, when you hit adulthood the entire fate of the pack would be weighing on your shoulders.

  I was taking another big sip of my shandy when the door suddenly slammed open. Instantly, Neil and I shot up from our seats and were about to scare the newcomer with our awesomeness.

  But then Neil stopped short and laughed.

  “Speak of the devil,” He said as he walked back into the living room with another figure close behind him, “Clint, my man! We were just talking about you.”

  I raised an eyebrow in surprise. Neil hadn’t noticed it, but his best friend looked..

  Well, he looked like he saw a ghost.

  “Clinton, I’d like you to meet Drake! He’s-”

  Just then he turned to look at the pale boy and concert instantly masked up his playful features.

  “Whoa, dude, what the hell happened? You looked like you just got severely slapped.”

  Clinton just continued standing there, fist shaking. I watched uncertainly as he walked and heavily slumped onto the sofa.

  “Dude,” Neil repeated, deeper concern flashing into his grey eyes, “What’s wrong?”

  Clinton just sat there, his already dark eyes swirling an eerie, dull black before he finally spoke, voice cracking in the process.

  “I.. I saw her,” He whispered.

  “Saw who?!” Neil demanded angrily, “I swear, if this has anything to do with Vicky, I’ll f*cking punch that b*tches face-”

  “No..”

  I watched in confusion as he stumbled through his words.

  “Then what the hell happened?!” Neil finally exploded. I winced, not exactly the most patient person, eh?

  But then the single word that he choked out made Neil’s eyes widen.

  “Mate.”

-Clinton’s POV-

  To say that I was shocked was an understatement.

   It felt as though the life had been punched out of me. I was like a useless waist floating around Silver Moon, taking up unwanted space.

  I found my mate.

  She was absolutely beautiful.

  And I screwed up 3 seconds after meeting her.

  “Why do you seem so.. I don’t know, like dead?” Neil asked with a frown, his excitement quickly dying down.

  I don’t know how I managed to find my words, but it blurted out of my mouth pretty bluntly.

  “I was fudging making out with Vicky Hale when she came into the dorm, that’s why,” I snapped.

  Neil looked as though he had just been punched before he finally regained his composure, flooded with disbelief and anger.

  “What the f*ck, Clinton!” He yelled.

  “Well how the f*ck was I supposed to know I’d meet her today!” I shouted back.

  “Who the hell was that poor girl anyway?” He snapped.

  “I didn’t even get her name,” I growled in frustration, “But something tells me it was Alpha St Claire’s daughter.”

  I wasn’t sure why, but Neil visibly stiffened. I was confused for a moment before a low, unforgiving growl echoed through the room. Shocked, I turned..

  And found myself face to face with a person that was identical to my mate.

  “What the f*ck did you just say?” He snarled. Despite the situation, the alpha in me didn’t appreciate being intimidated by another.

  “Fudge off,” I snapped, “Who the hell are you anyway?”

  “Who the hell am I?” The boy yelled.

  “I’m Daire St Claire’s brother, you d*ck!”

  That was the last thing I heard before a hard fist slammed into my face.

  When my vision came back, it was visibly red at the corner. Low, fierce hisses vibrated off my chest before I felt my boned cracking, my veins shifting.

  “Clint,” Neil said quickly, “Cool off..”

  But my vision was enhanced, and the hissing rumbling off my throat had turned into downright growls.

  The last thing my human mind remembered was lunging towards Drake St Claire in my large black wolf. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.5K 659 62
Ashley Jefferson is a small girl. Average, brown haired, blue eyed beauty. She was loved, had tons of friends, amazing grades, I mean- what more coul...
5.7M 152K 31
Nerdy Filthy Fat Skye Hale has been bullied since she could remember, she was Fat and a Nerd making her the biggest loser in school. On her Sophomor...
4.5M 133K 46
(COMPLETED) * "Look, Mavis, you're a beautiful girl with lots of potential and I'm so sorry about this but I reject you, Mavis Anders, as my mate...
1.1M 56.3K 23
What happens when you have two ruthless alphas right next to each other? Well let's just say that it can't be good. Alpha Ace Winter has been an alph...