Love is Blind

By TaraLDeclan

^Top Five Finalist in the 2013 Watty Award^ ATTENTION: Due to publishing this is only HALF of the book. For t... More

Love is Blind
Preface
Chapter One: The Shooting
Chapter Two: A Family
Chapter Three: Georgia Collins
Chapter Four: Talking to Myself
Chapter Five: Reece Collins
Chapter Six: I was There
Chapter Seven: Open Eyes
Chapter Eight: It's Called Braille
Chapter Nine: Nothing to Do
Chapter Ten: Not That Bad
Chapter Eleven: A Book
Chapter Twelve: Lesson One
Chapter Thirteen: Shave
Chapter Fourteen: Never Be His Type
Chapter Fifteen: Nightmares
Chapter Sixteen: Twenty Questions
Chapter Seventeen: Lila
Chapter Eighteen: School Again
Chapter Nineteen: Learning the Stick
Chapter Twenty: Part One
Chapter Twenty-One: Part Two
Chapter Twenty-Two: Because of You
Chapter Twenty-Three: Lost
Chapter Twenty-Four: Starting Off Good
Chapter Twenty-Five: Maybe
Chapter Twenty-Six: He's Blind...Duh
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Are We There Yet
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Dog Part 1
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Part 2 Grow a Pair
Chapter Thirty: The Moment
Chapter Thirty-One: Everything is Different
Chapter Thirty-Two: Late Night Voice
Chapter Thirty-Three: Almost Date Time
Chapter Thirty-Four: Date Part One
Chapter Thirty-Five: Date Part Two **Special Chaper**
Chapter Thirty-Six: Back to School
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Angel
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Payton's Past
Chapter Forty: Voice From the Past
Chapter Forty-One: Clair Part One
Chapter Forty-Two: Clair Part Two
Chapter Forty-Three: Calm Before the Storm
Chapter Forty-Four: First Run
Chapter Forty-Five: Something's Up
Chatpter Forty-Six: Hope
Chapter Forty-Seven: The Call and the Promise
Chapter Forty-Eight: Hi Cutie
Chapter Forty-Nine: Some Good News
Chapter Fifty: Heart to Heart
Chapter Fifty-One: Special POV Chapter
Chapter Fifty-Two: Bad Day
Chapter Fifty-Three: The Lie
Chapter Fifty-Four: The Odds
Chapter Fifty-Five: The Fight
The Greatest Announcement of all Times
Buy the book!
New Book

Chapter Thirty-Seven: All This Noise

309K 3.3K 304
By TaraLDeclan

Be warned that there is bad language in this chapter. So please dont go hating because of it. This is PG13 and you cannot expect guys to not cuse. Just saying and wanted to warn you all!!:D Sorry if that sounded mean i meant well!!:D Author note at end.

Chapter Thirty-Seven

Reece’s POV

            Payton holds my hand as she leads me into our first class of the day. The room is silent apart from the clicking of keys, like on a keyboard. She tugs me along further with her and my pulse begins to race as my nerves grow. I have never been the nervous type but I sure am today! Even though, Payton is leading me I still tap my cane to help and feel like I am doing something.

            “Reece?” a surprised voice says and my body tenses.

            “It’s just Mrs. Reed,” Payton whispers to me and I relax some.

            “Hi,” I say lowly, a little uncomfortable.

            “Mrs. Reed, can I sit beside Reece and help him notes, work, and everything?” I hear Payton ask from beside me. I groan lightly because I do not want special treatment, I just want to be normal again!

            “Yes, of course dear that is a splendid idea,” the teacher says and I smile.

            “Come on Reece, let’s sit down,” Payton says to me as she tugs my hand lightly and takes me to where I am able to sit down. She places one of my hands on cold, hard, thick plastic of a chair. I slowly and carefully down using my hands to feel my way to the desk.  “I am right here beside you,” she tells me from my left.

            I suddenly hear the sound of the squeaking of a chair and then heels clicking against the floor as they near me. “Reece,” Mrs. Reed’s voice says as the heels stop and she sounds very much closer and her voice is softer and kinder. “I wanted to tell you that I admire what you did, and am truly proud of you. You are a true hero and if it wasn’t for you trying to calm him down and take longer time than who knows how many people would not be here today. What you did was amazing and something to be proud of and the fact that you’re dealing with being blind is amazing. I truly admire your ability to come back to school. You are a strong boy and I don’t want anything to make you think otherwise. There is going to be people who do not realize what you’ve done for them. I wanted to thank you for being a hero and tell you how proud I am, don’t let anything stop you Reece. I am also shocked yet very happy that you have found Payton,” Mrs. Reed says and I feel so special. When I did what I did I never thought that people would be thinking of me like this. To be honest I never thought I’d ever live again.

            When that gun was pointed in my direction I thought I was dead and I am happy that I am not. I am glad I will still be there for all the important events even if I cannot see them. It makes me happy to know that not everyone hates me. I smile up to where I am guessing she is standing. “Thank you ma’am,” I say with the respect that I’ve always showed to my teachers.

            “You’ve always been a good kid,” she says and then I hear her heels click leaving me.

            “Oh Payton congrats on Valedictorian,” Mrs. Reed says to Payton and I smile. I am so proud of Payton for accomplishing this; she is amazing being able to keep up great grades while dealing with everything that she is.

            “Thank you Mrs. Reed,” Payton’s sweet innocent voice says and I smile brightly. The loud sound of the bell ringing fills my ears and it is ten times louder than it was before. The sound of loud voice and footsteps enter the room quickly. I release a sigh here goes nothing, I think as gently rest my elbow onto the table and then my head in my hand.

            The talking is so loud in my ears and I can catch pieces of conversations here and there, I never thought this would be so distracting. I find it hard to really concentrate on what Mrs. Reed is saying; this is the first time being in a room with so many people. I reach up running my hand through my hair tugging lightly.

            This is how my next three classes play out also and my head is seriously beginning to hurt. I just want to return home and curl into my bed room and hide. Who was I kidding I am not ready for this?! This was a stupid idea. The other reason I am struggling with this is because I can hear the other kids. The kids who use to kiss the ground I walk on are now mocking me. They think I cannot hear the awful and cruel words that they spout out. The horrible comments they make about my blindness. Many are calling me special Ed because I am blind. Some even think it’s like a sickness. There are others who seem so wrapped up in their own word they see my blindness as some major differing flaw. There is so much judge-y-ness and criticism and to make matters worse not one of my old friends have spoken to me. I have been counting the loud bells so when the next one rings I know it is the lunch one.

            “Ready for lunch Reece?” Payton’s angelic voice asks me and I nod my head.

            “Yeah,” I say I push myself up from the desk and grab my cane. The feeling of a warm hand reaching mine and intertwines with my own hand. I feel the sparks that are only ever caused by Payton, my angel. She pulls me along with her into the loud hall.

            “We can grab our lunch and go anywhere you want,” she say s to me and I sigh. I really don’t want go to the cafeteria because my head hurts so much. Everyone does not only hate on my blindness, but also my relationship with Payton. Some comments are really mean towards me, while there are others that are horrible and just cruel about Payton. A few times I found myself really wanting to beat some people’s butts!

            “Payton all this noise has given me a bad head ache, can you just help me get to the football field and then come back get the food and come join me?” I ask seriously hoping she will agree with me.

            “Sure Reece, I totally understand,” she says as she begins leading me, towards the football field I guess and I use my cane to feel my way.

            A few minutes later the texture I am walking on changes and Payton stops me. It’s very quiet apart from the sound of the breeze whipping through. “Do you want to sit on the field or the bleachers?” my angel asks me with her sweet voice and I smile.

            “There’s no one here?” I ask her not answering her question yet.

            “No, there is no one,” she replies simply squeezing my hand.

            “Ok can we sit on the field?” I ask her with my kind smile.

            “Sure of course,” she says leading me a few steps forward. “Sit here, I’ll be back,” she adds and I nod. Her hand begins to slip from mine.

            “Wait,” I call to her hoping to stop her.

            “Yes dear?” she asks and I can hear the smile in her voice.

            “Don’t I get a kiss?” I ask with and smirk and her musical laughter fills the air. I feel her body step closer to me and my heart rate picks up as she places one hand onto my check. I feel her amazing lips press against mine and they move together. She pulls away from me to soon causing me to groan.

            “There’s your kiss, I will be back. I love you,” she says to me and I smile shaking my head. This girl sure is something else.

            “I love you too,” I reply and gently sit myself down as I listen to her footsteps leave me on the turf. As I sit on the field I once played on many times and I touch the turf and remember the many times that I have played on it. This field has seen me grow and change; it has helped me become a leader. This field made things possible and I felt alive every Friday night that I stepped onto the green turf and the big bright lights shone onto the field. Then there is every Saturday when I would step out onto the track to start running. Everything was different and will never be the same again.

            I hear heavy footsteps near my sprawled out position and I stiffen sitting up straight. The steps stop in front of me and I hear the movement and sound of someone sitting down in front of me. There is a deep breath and then finally the unknown person speaks. “Hey,” the deep male voice says and I instantly recognize it from the years that we shared together.

            I relax some knowing that it was not a stranger in front of me. “Hi,” I state simply still holding a slight grudge against Jace. He was supposed to be my best friend but as soon as I got shot it was so long sucker! What kind of best friend does that? I’ll tell you not a good one! So I will admit I do hold a slight anger towards him.

            “How are you?” he asks and I can hear I hint of nerves in his voice. He must be crazy to think that I am fine! Why ask that it’s a retarded question?

            “Fine,” I grumble, trying to keep my face emotionless. I reach up and rub the back of my neck in annoyance.

            “So you are with Payton? How did that happen?” he asks me. Why the hell does he finally give a shit about how I am?! Did he wake up this morning and think oh hey I am an ass for ditching my best friend? I doubt it. So what is his stupid ass motive now? I don’t need his charity or pity and when I needed a friend he was nowhere in sight, so I don’t think I am being too rude.

            “Jace just tell me what the hell you want?” I demand rolling my eyes and trying to contain my anger.

            “I want my best friend back,” he says so very softly and I laugh. That’s right I laugh. Head falling back, stomach holding laughter at how stupid he is.

            “Well I wanted a friend when I was in the hospital and where were you?” I ask him my anger coming out in my voice.

            “Reece it wasn’t that simple! Just let me explain before you through our whole life worth of friendship down the fucking toilet,” he argues and I can sense the frustration in his voice.

            To give him the chance to explain or not? I need this closer and it makes me a bigger person than he was. “You get one shot to explain so it better be a hell of one,” I state simply to him as I fold my strong arms over my chest.

            He releases a huge sigh of relief. “Reece, we have been friend since diapers and have always done everything together. We joined little league together, we stared playing football together, and we even ran together. We throw parties, and with our birthdays being two days apart we even celebrated that together. We hung out every evening. Played video games, hell you even made me volunteer at the soup kitchen and homeless shelter. Even though after my first experience there and not going back I still went with you every Christmas to help. I was there the day Rayne came into the world, and I was there to help you torture Juliet. You and I use to follow around Conner because we wanted to be like him. Truth is my whole life I wanted to be like you. My mom always seen you as her own son and sometimes I think she liked you more than me. She would tell me I should be more like you and I listened because I want to be. You were my hero and best friend. I remember the times when you and I would pitch a tent outside in your back yard and pretend to be camping. We did it all together. You have also saved my ass more than anyone. That time I stole the ten dollars from my mom’s purse even just because I wanted some candy. Then my mom saw the money was gone and was going to kill me, but you stepped up saying that you took it and gave her your ten dollars. You covered for me then, just like when I ran through your house and accidently broke your mom’s favorite vase. Instead of letting me go down for it you stepped up again. You were always the perfect one and I was the screw up. You always took up for me. That day I should have been there. My class may have been on the over side of campus, but I was still going swing by your locker, that was until the teacher stopped me. Reece I should’ve been there for you! I should have been there to save you like the many times you saved me. I would’ve pushed you out the way or tackled the kid. If I was there you wouldn’t be blind. You wouldn’t have almost died. Reece I beat myself up over this and I could not face you knowing that I should’ve been there like you always were for me. So I did what I do best and screw up by staying away afraid you’d hate me. I felt like I lost you. I know I have been stupid but I just couldn’t face you and see you in the hospital or struggling after everything we’ve been through it was to much and I am so sorry. I haven’t been myself it’s like I am missing part of me and that our friendship I just need my best friend back,” he say and I sigh damn Jace has never been so emotional, he sure is messed up from all this.

            Should I be his friend? I mean, yeah Carter is a great friend, Payton is the perfect girlfriend whom I love and my family is there. But I feel as if a small piece is missing and I always assumed it was sports, but what if it’s my best friend. I never knew he felt that way. I never meant for him to see me as better than him. We were the total opposite and yet beside friends. I miss it, but I don’t know if we can ever go back. If I did he would have to accept Payton or I’d be done with him. So now the question remains. What should I do?

Hello!!

So if you were Reece what would you do? Take Jace back or tell him to get lost?

This chapter is dedicated to @Charlie212

for the great covers she made for Love is Blind one is on the side. She would love to make covers for any of you guuys all you have to do is inbox her for one!! I will have the other covers on the side later in the book. Thank you so much by the way!!:D

If any of you wan a dedication or shout out just make a cover, banner, character banner, ad, trailer anything for Love is Blind and in support of it and i will!!:D It'll also show up on the side!!:D

As of right at this moment my book is resting aat Teen Fiction #14 and Romance 202!!

I love you all so so very much!! This is not just my sucess but all of yours too!! You are the amazing supporters of this book. All i do is write it, it is you guys who help it make a difference and get somewhere.

I am going say sorry now that i have gotten so dang far behind on comments and messages!! I swear i am not ingoring you!!! I am swamped and trying my best!! I feel kind of like i've suddenly became famous on here. Whish is completely crazy but i think im getting there. It's actually really hard, but i sont mind because all of you are amazing.

Someone on here told me i am one of the nicest writers on here!:D That made my day!! I try to be nice and happy because for one you never know when being kind to someone can make a difference in their life and two i have been a fan and i had been huge fan of some people on here and the author's attitude ruined it. So i just want to treat my fans how they deserved to be treated which is amazing. I wish i could meet you all and hug you and tell you how much your support means.

When i wrote this i had a gut feeling about it but never dreamed it'd be this big. Hell i never thought my writing ability was able to get this big but things change.

Guys i am just like every single one of you nothing special about me. I always dreamed of making a difference and having a voice.

I am always here for any of you who need to talk about anything, need advice or even help let me know id be more than happy to help.

Remember i DO NOT do rude comments.

Hmm...

oh this is for my supporters who need a little boost:

Not every book will be a hit, but all thet matters it's a hit for you.

Don't write to please others, write because you love too.

Just because your book isn't blowing up doesn't mean it sucks, it just hasn't been found.

Dont let haters stop you, instead let them be your motivator.

Life is full of unexpected things so enjoy it.

Stop thinking about things that happen yesturday and quit worrying about tomorrow, live in the now because the rest is not granteed.

Never be afraid of being yourself.

Learning from your mistakes only makes you better.

ok yeah those are quotes i just thought of, some of which are mine.

oH SOMETHING ABOUT ME my two favorite movies are A Cinderella Story and A Walk to Remember!!:D

I love you all so so very much!!

THANK YOU ALLLL SO VERY MUCH!!:d

PLEASE

PLEASE

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

all of this will help when i enter the watty awards!!:D

hopefully it'll do good!

And maybe i'll get it published one day!:D I dont know maybe...

I am super tired so i must go sleep. !!

Thank you all so much!!

I love you all!!

PS i will try my best to update tomorrow and monday because it is Presidents day meaning NO SCHOOL!!:D

PS!! PLEASE CALM DOWN ABOUT THE DEATH IT WONT BE AS BAD AS YOU THINK I SWEAR!!!!:'(

LOVE YOU ALL!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41 3 2
self help book for everyone out there..... 1)cultivating positive thoughts Your thoughts have a huge impacts on your well being. If you want to be in...
1.1K 31 18
The first time I saw Saxton Crawford we were in high school. He was the football star and I was just another invisible teenage girl. Now, he is a fam...
73.9K 4.7K 45
First off let me say that yes this is yet ANOTHER CL Stone Blackbourne Toma fan fiction. I have absolutely NO IDEA where I am going with this. It's s...
1.5K 99 11
¡Currently on hold! *This story involves many events that some people may find vulgar. These events are not based on a true story. The characters and...