Put the pieces back: Sequel (...

By iamscaredoftheocean

⚠️this is book 2, sequel to 'A piece of us'⚠️ (Strongly recommend you read the first book before this one!) ⚠... More

(Before you read)
She's gone
Nostalgia
What is Miko planning?
The Chasm
Resurrection
Y/n is back
The second domain
Y/n teams up with the group
The mechanism
Yanfeis theory
Xiao and Y/n
Xiao and the Yaksha
Sacrifice?!
Itto is the guy
Bosacius
A way out
I guess we're both liars
Slaughters
Back at Wangshu Inn
To the Crux Fleet
The Jade Chamber
Two letters
(Any artists out there?)
Three simple rules
Mommies?
Finally friends?
One long night out
Trauma, can you blame her?
Post-traumatic stress disorder
Oh Xiao <3
Epilogue - As free as a bird
SC - Babysitting isn't easy...
SC - If Xiao never loved Y/n
SC - Thunderstorm
SC - Father Zhongli
SC - Who is she?
SC - If it didn't work...
(Author note/ goodbye for now❤️)

Will all of us escape?

8.1K 354 612
By iamscaredoftheocean

A/N: was going to wait until tomorrow to release this chapter, but no. I think this is the scene everyone waited for, including me. Triple updates don't hurt anybody.
—————————————————————————

Y/n pov:

We had rested for some minutes, and now we all stood around the compass.

Aether supported me as I was still in a weak state and both Xiao and Yelan had to channel the compass.

"Paimon's so nervous..." I heard Paimon mutter.

Yanfei looked at Yelan and Xiao, "How are we looking?" She asked them.

"I'm all set."
"I'm ready."
They both answered almost immediately.
Probably eager to get out.

"Oh by the way Yanfei, I'm afraid you probably won't be able to take the compass out of here. " Yelan said.

Aether then mentioned he was attacked by a giant snake, and Aether was surprised to find that Yelan had saved them without them knowing.

After a small conversation, we decided to get ready.

Yelan spoke, "Shinobu, take care of your boss, Traveler, take care of Master and Paimon, Yanfei, you might want to come closer to me when the time comes." She informed, making sure no one was left behind.

And then, Xiao and Yelan walked closer to the compass.

Shinobu held Itto tightly.
Paimon stayed close to Aether, who was holding me tightly against him.

Yelan and Xiao started channeling the compass.

Then Yelan started, "stars align, bestow your light, evil purged by thunder's might. Spirit curbed, pneuma surge. By dictum divine, heed these words, do as I command!"

And then a strong blue light flashed from the compass and surrounded us in a beautiful hue of blue.

I noticed Xiao looked over at me, he gave a a comforting look as if saying, 'don't worry'.

"It lit up!" Paimon yelled happily.

"The fanatic compass is an amplifier, maintain this level and we may stand a chance." Yanfei said.

Everyone looked around, hoping to get out and see the real sky again.

Xiao spoke, "I will maintain the energy flow."

I looked over at him and gave him a nod.

Although I didn't want him to use his mask, I wanted to get us all out.

"Understood." Yelan said and stepped away, and towards me. She made sure to stand near me.

"Everyone, stand back." Xiao warned.

As he used his powers the light got stronger and then blinded us all, except Xiao who maintained the energy flow.

A voice then echoes around the space we were in.

"I shall hold the line while sealing the surface!" It was Bosacius.

"As Yakshas, we must fight for this world." This time it was Xiao's voice echoing.

Xiao had summoned his mask, and his powers were surrounding him in a mix of black and green.

"General Alatus, Falling in!" His voice called out.
As he did, the light that blinded us lowered and revealed that we had entered a new space.

We were standing on a blue platform that seemed to fly through time and space.

Yelan helped me stabilize myself and I looked around.

Xiao mentained the energy flow, but I could see how much pain he was in.

Luckily for us it seems that the plans could work.

As I looked around I noticed shadows coming from around us and coming towards us. They started surrounding, which scared Paimon.

Paimon flew towards Aether and held tightly on to his arm.

As I was able to stand in my own, Yelan quickly yelled, "watch out!" She then ran around and trapped many of the shadows in blue strings.

Then they exploded, causing the shadows to disappear.

That's my girl!
I felt so proud watching how far my student had gotten.

Xiao grunted near me, and I saw that he had to physically hold his hand in place to continue the energy flow.
It looked as if he was in deep thought.

I decided to be of a little help and I summoned my katana. I helped fight of a few of the shadows that came near the compass.
I couldn't move that much anyways.

I heard Xiao grunt again, so I turned towards him again.

"Xiao..." I whispered. He was in so much pain.

Yanfei, Yelan and Aether seemed to have good control over the shadows so I put my katana away.

I looked over at Xiao again, worried.
I could see he was struggling to stand up straight, he was shaking, a lot.

I wanted to help him, but I was afraid that I might ruin the energy flow.

Then the platform was surrounded by the red shadows and we were trapped.

I got my weapon ready again, but before I could attack, Xiao used his powers to drive them away.

The platform started shaking because of the impact, but was sent flying at a much faster speed.

As I looked above us I could see light.
"It's working..." I whispered.

I looked back at Xiao and my eyes widened.
He was not doing okay.

Fear shot through me when I heard something crack. I looked down and my heartbeat sped up.

The platform had cracked and it just continued.

Xiao grunted in pain, and when I looked over to him it felt as if time had stopped.

I gasped, his mask was cracking and then...

It broke.

"Xiao!" I yelled, I was about to run towards him, but Yanfei held me back. "Don't!" She said.

I looked at him as he was in so much pain, pain that I could ease, if Yanfei just let me go.
Yelan ran towards us and helped Yanfei hold me back. "You'll interrupt the energy flow if you help him now!" She said.

Can't they see?!

It's not going to work anyways!!

Xiao looked up from the compass and towards me.

The energy flow got unbalanced and his powers were weakened. He seemed to relax now that his mask was gone and that he was using less powers.

We all turned towards him.

Yanfei realized it wouldn't work and let me go, so did Yelan.

I ran towards him, but Xiao snapped at me, "Stay back!!" He yelled in a harsh voice, causing me to halt.

"You can't keep this up, your strength won't last!" Yanfei told him.

He then let go of the energy flow, and his power stopped.

He looked up and met my eyes. He seemed to be thinking.

"...Xiao?........" I asked him.

What is he doing?....

He looked around at all of us, and then.

He formed his power into a ball of light in his hand.

No... he wouldn't...

I started panicking.

Then he clenched his fist closed and light surrounded all of us, except himself.

"Xiao no!!!" I yelled and ran towards him, Yelan tried to reach for him as well.

"Xiao!!"

But before any of us could, we were teleported away.

-

I looked around and realized we were still teleporting, Aether, Paimon. Yelan, Shinibu, Yanfei and Itto were in the same space as I was, still in the teleportation.

I grabbed a hold of my mask.

It can't be too late!!

I placed my mask on my face and teleported to where I could feel his power, hoping it was close enough to him and strong enough for one last teleportation...

-

3rd pov:

The platform collapsed and Xiao fell deep into the dark void.

He kept falling... his mask was broken, he had no ground to stand on. He couldn't teleport anywhere.

He closed his eyes and just felt the air pass him as his body fell.

He breathed peacefully.

Was it really that bad to die now? He knew Y/n would be safe so... no... he couldn't care what happened to him now.

As he fell, he slowly opened his eyes a little to see... fire?

Pyro energy was flying towards him at a great speed.

"What?..." he muttered.

And then his eyes widened.

Y/n fell towards him, her mask was placed on her face and pyro surrounded her. All four of her tales were flowing behind her.

"Xiao you liar!" She yelled.

She embraced him when she was close enough.

"Y/n?..." He whispered.
He hugged her back.

Why was she here?

He was sure he teleported her away?

Did she gather enough strength to teleport back to him?

He could hear her small cries next to him.
Her tears fell from her face.

They held each other tightly.

Then... Y/n gently took the mask off her face, and placed it gently onto Xiao's face.

"Y/n what... what are you..." Xiao couldn't process what what happening or what she was doing.

She then let go of the embrace, Xiao looked at her with shock in his eyes.

"No..." he whispered.

"I can't loose you again!!" He yelled as she was fully out of his reach.

And then, he was teleported away by the mask.

Now she fell all alone down the void.

Her tails merged into one and her pyro energy disappeared.

She looked above her, the light that was slowly fading away.

She closed her eyes and smiled.

Huh?

Her eyes opened again as she saw golden light fly down towards her.

The light surrounded her as if it was comforting her for a moment.
And everything went bright.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228K 5.9K 46
This is a Reader X Xiao book Reader is gender-neutral! ~᯽❥᪥ᴥ᪥❥᯽~ Y/n was held captive for years before stumbling upon a boy who was forced into their...
62.1K 1.8K 35
Lumine is forced to go back to Liyue after a little accident in Inazuma. She stays under the care of Zhongli and during her stay there, a certain red...
1.8K 84 14
Y/n was an adeptus that carried a cryo vision. She fought beside morax in the archon war. Through the tough times of the archon war, xiao and y/n fou...
17.2K 434 24
„ Whisper's in the wind" Zhongli x Reader Its my first mini book so please be kind! I'm telling a story between our beloved early life zhongli aka M...