The Forgotten Salvatore Book 5

By Gh0stFac31996

After Dahlia, Daniel has been practicing with his new power. But time will tell if that power will be used fo... More

Disclaimer
For The Next Millennium
You Hung the Moon
I'll See You in Hell or New Orleans
A Walk on the Wild Side
Best Served Cold
Beautiful Mistake
Out of the Easy
Important Question
The Other Girl in New Orleans
Saviour
A Ghost Along the Mississippi
Wild at Heart
Loft Layout
Heart Shaped Box
A Streetcar Named Desire
An Old Friend Calls
Alone with Everybody
Behind the Black Horizon
The Devil Comes Here and Sighs
No More Heartbreaks
Where Nothing Stays Buried
Give 'Em Hell Kid
The Bloody Crown
New Book

I Was Feeling Epic

270 2 2
By Gh0stFac31996

Salvatore Boarding House

Daniel had just pulled up to his old home when he heard to familiar voices. "Of all the days for this to happen, it happened today." A voice said. Daniel recognised the voice immediately. Damon. "Trust me, I know." The other voice said. Stefan. Daniel smiled to himself at their voices. Daniel walked around until he saw them standing outside the front door. "Are you just gonna stand there?" Daniel asked. Both Damon and Stefan looked over and were surprised to see Daniel stood there. "Daniel?" Stefan asked. Daniel smiled and nodded. Stefan walked over and hugged his brother. Daniel hugged back. The two pulled away and Daniel looked at Damon.

"I missed you too, dick." Daniel said. Damon let out a laugh and hugged his younger brother. They pulled away and Daniel looked at Stefan. "I guess congrats are in order." Daniel said. Stefan looked confused. Daniel pointed at the ring on his finger. "Caroline is very lucky." Daniel said. Daniel could sense something was different with Stefan. "You're human now." Daniel said shocked. "Yeah." Stefan said. "What else have I missed?" Daniel asked. Damon explained everything in his usual manner. "So basically, sirens, the devil and Katherine." Daniel said. Damon nodded. Daniel sighed. "Just a normal Wednesday." Daniel said.

The three entered the house. "There's got to be something we're missing." Stefan said. "Nope. Katherine won. She played the long game and finally beat us." Damon said. He then Sees Elena's coffin is empty. "What?" Damon asked. Daniel and Stefan looked at the empty coffin. Daniel presumed that's where Elena was. "Earlier, Bonnie's heart stopped. She said she saw Elena." Stefan said. Damon looked at Stefan. "Damon?" A voice asked. The three brothers looked over and saw Elena stood there. "Elena." Damon said. "What's going on? Is Bonnie..." Elena said but Damon cut her off. "Bonnie's okay. You're both okay." Damon said.

Elena laughed in relief. "I'm awake?" She asked. "You're awake." Damon said. He goes up to her to hug her and then stops as he realizes it's not Elena. "No. No, no, no, no." Damon said. "Rude." Elena said. Daniel sighed. "Seriously?" Daniel asked. "You got to be kidding me. Katherine." Stefan said. Katherine smirked. "Hello, brothers." Katherine said. She looked over and saw Daniel. Her smirk widened. "Hello Daniel." Katherine said. Daniel rolled his eyes. "Katherine." Daniel said. A few moments later, Katherine is pouring herself a drink whilst the three brothers watch her.

"Am I drinking alone?" Katherine asked. "Where's Elena?" Damon asked. "Dead. A spiritual coma, if we're getting technical." Katherine said. Daniel didn't miss this. "Her physical body. Where is it?" Stefan asked. "That's for me to know, and for you to dot, dot, dot. I hope you enjoyed the little show I put on for you. It's been a hoot watching you take on the devil." Katherine said. She chuckled. "Especially considering I've had him wrapped around my finger since the minute I stepped into hell. Why did you think he wanted you? Because I wanted you. Duh." Katherine said.

Her drink gets tossed aside as Damon vamps up to her. "Damn it, Katherine. Where is she?" Damon asked. "It really is the perfect revenge. At 10:00 p.m., Mystic Falls will burn, precious Elena will burn and I'm guessing one of you two Salvatores are going down with her. Shame that Daniel will as well. Should I place my bets now?" Katherine said. Stefan stabs her in the upper arm with the bone dagger made for her, she falls down, seemingly dead. "Well, that shut her up." Damon said. A clock in the boarding house ticks. "Oh shit." Daniel said. "We're running out of time. We have to find Elena. Let's go." Stefan said.

Later ~ The Woods

Damon was there and was on the phone with Stefan. "The boiler room? There is a horror movie reference in there somewhere, but it escapes me." Damon said. "I'm fine, but she's trapped. We're running out of time. You have to get Katherine to break the spell." Stefan said. "I'm all over it." Damon said. He then hung up. "Need something?" A voice asked. Damon turned around and saw Katherine leant against a tree. "You're like a bad penny." Damon said. "Funny thing about that bone dagger, it sends me to hell, but it can't keep me there." Katherine said. "I'm sorry." Damon said.

"Oh, and if you want to know how to get Elena free, you can't. Kai Parker was kind enough to set that trap for me, and, if I'm not mistaken, he's forever indisposed." Katherine said. "After 153 odd years, this banter that we have is just old. So, why don't we just skip to the part where you tell me what you want and we'll negotiate." Damon said. "I have everything I want, Damon, or I'm about to. Once that last bell rings, this stupid town will go up in flames and everybody will go "poof". Well, they'll burn alive first, but then their ashes will go poof." Katherine said.

"You know, petty doesn't look good on a woman your age, Katherine." Damon said. "Oh, I'm not being petty. I'm gloating." Katherine said. "No, you're jealous of Elena. Because you know that Stefan and I both would choose her over you every time." Damon said. "And she would choose Stefan." Katherine shot back. "What makes you so sure of that?" Damon asked. "Because I would, any woman would. Stefan is the better man. But then again, there is secret option number three. Daniel. Now, he's the one I've always truly cared for and loved. Maybe Elena will ditch you and Stefan and go for Daniel. I wouldn't blame her. Have you seen him? How would that feel?" Katherine asked. "Sorry." A voice said. Katherine turned around and saw Daniel.

"I'm already taken." Daniel said. Daniel stabs her with the bone dagger again and she dies, again. He chuckles. Damon chuckles as well. "Perfect timing, as usual." Damon said. Daniel smiled. "So, who's the lucky girl?" Damon asked. "Her name is Mia Claire. She's the love of my life and the mother of my unborn child." Daniel said. "Your going to be a father?" Damon asked shocked. Daniel nodded. Damon broke out in a grin and hugged his brother. "I'm happy for you." Damon said. "Thanks." Daniel said.

Later ~ The Armoury

Alaric enters the Armory with Bonnie and the twins as they arrived. "All right, girls. Why don't you go change your dresses, okay?" Alaric asked. Josie and Lizzie run off, giggling. "Good to see you guys again." A voice said. The both looked over and saw Daniel. "Daniel?" Bonnie asked shocked. Daniel smiled and nodded. Bonnie made her way over and hugged him. "Its been a while." Daniel said. They pulled away and Daniel looked at them both. "I've been filled in on everything." Daniel said. Bonnie looked at Alaric. "You okay?" She asked. "It's not that I don't care, you know? I care about Elena." Alaric said.

"It's okay, Ric. I understand." Bonnie said. "And I care about Damon." Alaric said. "He knows you do." Bonnie said. "I don't want to fail them. But I can't fail my daughters. And they need their mother." Alaric said. "Look, if there was something we could do, we would do it." Daniel said. He walks over to Ric and looks at a piece of paper on his desk. "What is this?" Daniel asked. "Oh, that is "Project Hail-Mary". Dorian and I were trying to find a way to destroy Cade's hell. We figured we needed a few million volts of mystical energy, just give or take. That kinda took the wind out of our sails." Alaric said.

Daniel and Bonnie looked at each other and knew they had the same idea. "Like the kind of energy contained in hellfire?" Bonnie asked. "Because if so, we may have a plan." Daniel said.

Later

Bonnie was knelt next to Lizzie and Josie as she talked to them. "I need to thank you for what you did earlier tonight in the fire." Bonnie said. "We saved you." Josie said. "Yeah, you did. And not just that, you made me realize that I had all the magic I ever needed right inside me." Bonnie said. She points to her cheek. "Now, give me a little luck." Bonnie said. Josie strokes Bonnie's cheek. "Right here." Bonnie said. Lizzie does the same with the other cheek. Josie looked over at Daniel. "Who's that man?" Josie asked. Bonnie looked over at Daniel, who was looking through different books. "That is one of mommies close friends. He's been gone a while and just came back. That man is your Uncle Daniel." Bonnie said. Suddenly, Caroline burst through the doors. "I made it, as promised. Any word from Stefan?" Caroline asked. Daniel's head perked up at the sound of his old friend's voice.

"Listen, we have to leave quickly. I'll explain everything in the car to you, okay? Come on, girls, run to the car. Run to the car." Alaric said. "I'm gonna save the world. And you need to get in that car and drive away." Bonnie said. "But, I don't... Bonnie." Caroline said. "Caroline, I'm so sorry but we have to go." Alaric said. Daniel walked over and smiled at Caroline. "Hey, Care." Daniel said. Caroline was shocked as she looked at Daniel. After a few moments, she rushed over and hugged his tight. He hugged back. "Oh, my god. When Damon said you came back to life, I thought he was lying." Caroline said.

"Nope. I'm back and better than ever." Daniel said. The two pulled away from each other. "Ric will fill you in. I love you." Bonnie said. Bonnie and Caroline hug. "Just don't do anything stupid, Bonnie Bennett. And that goes for you too, Daniel Salvatore." Caroline said. Daniel laughed a little. He definitely missed her. "We'll be fine. Promise." Bonnie said. Caroline leaves and Bonnie and Daniel are left in the building.

Later

Bonnie and Daniel are lighting the last of a few dozen candles that cover the two adjacent tables of the Armory and stands between them. "Okay, Grams. If I ever needed you to hear me, hear me now." Bonnie said. "We got this." Daniel said. Bonnie and Daniel finish their preparation and begin their spell. "Phasmatos incendia movet, phasmatos incendia moventur, ego ex vos, vos ex unos..." The two chanted. As they chant, a wisp of wind catches the pages of an open grimore or book on the table top. "Phasmatos incendia movet, phasmatos incendia moventur, ego ex vos, vos ex unos..." The two chanted. Items around the room begin to shake as Bonnie and Daniel continue to cast their spell. Daniel's hands begin to glow purple.

Bonnie and Daniel are still chanting and the hellfire is manipulated back inside the clock tower and through the underground tunnels. "phasmatos incendia moventur, ego ex vos, vos ex unos, phasmatos incendia entrare! Phasmatos incendia movet, phasmatos incendia moventur, ego ex vos, vos ex unos, phasmatos incendia entrare!" The two chanted. The two hear the hellfire growing closer to them. "Phasmatos incendia movet, phasmatos incendia moventur, ego ex vos, vos ex unos, phasmatos incendia entrare!!!" The two chanted.

They continue to chant as the fire bursts through the door and into The Armoury. Their spell holds back the hellfire a few feet from them, but it's slowly getting closer and Bonnie's nose starts to bleed, showing she's weakening. The fire continues to roar and inch ever near them. "No. I can do this. I can do this. I can beat you. You can't have me. It's not my time." Bonnie said. Daniel saw how brave and courageous she was being. "Now you're finally ready to live?" A voice asked. They both looked over and saw Enzo stood there. "Hi." Bonnie said, happily surprised. "Keep fighting, love." Enzo said.

"It's too strong. I can't do it alone." Bonnie said. "Your not alone." Daniel said. Enzo looked over at Daniel. "Hello, Daniel." Enzo said. Daniel smiled. "Hey, Enzo." Daniel said. "You can see him?" Bonnie asked. Daniel nodded. "I've recently found a part of myself that lets me see spirits." Daniel said. "Also, you are strong enough to do anything you put your mind to. And love, as Daniel said, you're not alone." Enzo said. A figure stands beside Daniel and grabs his hand. Bonnie and Daniel turns to see Bonnie's Grams holding Daniel's hand, facing down hellfire alongside her. Daniel smiled at Sheila as they used to be friends in the 60s.

"Grams." Bonnie said. Sheila turns and looks at Bonnie, happy and proud of her granddaughter. She smiles and Bonnie returns the gesture and shakes her hand, tears streaming down her cheeks as her Grams heard her plea from before. Sheila then smiled at Daniel. He smiled back. The three turn and face the hellfire once more and begin their chanting. "Phasmatos incendia movet, phasmatos incendia moveo..." The three chanted. Beatice Bennett appears on Bonnie's left and take her hand. The four continue the spell, containing the hellfire. "Phasmatos incendia movet, phasmatos incendia moveo. Phasmatos incendia movet, phasmatos incendia moveo." The four chanted. More and more Bennett spirits appear to aid Bonnie --Lucy, the Witch of the Five and Ayana.

Daniel heard all of them and saw all of them. Bonnie was never alone. She and all her ancestors with her. "Phasmatos incendia movet, phasmatos incendia moveo. Phasmatos incendia movet, phasmatos incendia moveo. Phasmatos incendia movet, phasmatos incendia moveo!!" They all chanted. Together, the hellfire is pushed back through the tunnels back to hell. Bonnie looked at Daniel. "We did it." Bonnie said. Bonnie collapses and Daniel catches her. "I got you." Daniel said. Daniel felt someone looking at him. He looked over and saw Stefan stood there.

"Stefan?" Daniel asked. He carefully placed Bonnie on the floor and walked over to his brother. As he got closer, Daniel could feel that Stefan wasn't really there. He could feel death surrounding him. Daniel came to a realisation and tears starting forming in his eyes. "No. No. No. No." Daniel said. Stefan smiled sadly at his brother. "I did what I had to. I had to save Damon. I had to save you." Stefan said. Daniel let his tears fall. "You're dead." Daniel said. Stefan nodded. Daniel unintentionally showed his Grim Reaper face. "What is that?" Stefan asked. "Me. I'm part Grim Reaper." Daniel said through his tears.

Daniel held his hand out. Stefan took it and they both closed their eyes. A few moments later, they opened their eyes and saw they were at Mystic Falls High School. "Why are we here?" Stefan asked. "This is peace." Daniel said, his face back to normal. Stefan looked confused. "Come on." Daniel said. Elsewhere in the school, Elena is stood in front of the trophy case. She walked down a hallway and bumps into Stefan and Daniel, who's face was back to normal. "Hi." Stefan said. "Hi. What happened? Why am I here right now?" Elena asked. "I'll explain that later." Daniel said.

"I don't know about Bonnie, but Damon... Damon wanted to sacrifice everything, to save you. To save this town. He was ready. I'm human now. He compelled me to leave. But he should have known better. I would never walk a day on this earth as a human without taking vervain." Stefan said. "I don't understand." Elena said. "I gave him my blood. The cure." Stefan said. "You what?" Elena and Daniel asked. "Without the cure I'd start to age. I'd be dead soon enough." Stefan said.

"So Damon's okay?" Elena asked. "He's okay." Stefan said. "But you, you're...?" Elena asked. "I did what I had to do." Stefan said. Daniel looked down. He said how he sacrificed himself to get rid of Katherine. "No. Stefan." Elena said. "Tonight I saw a side of Damon that I hadn't seen in a while. The older brother I looked up to. The son who enlisted in the Civil War to please his father. The Damon I knew when I was a boy and the one Daniel knew growing up. I wanted that Damon to live. And I wanted you to have an opportunity to get to know him. He's the better man. He's the right man." Stefan said. Stefan rubs a tear from Elena's cheek with his thumb.

"It's good to see you, Elena. One last time. There's something I have to say." Stefan said. He whispers into her ear and she nods. Stefan and Elena hug. Stefan then turns to his brother. The two hug. "I'll see you again, okay?" Daniel asked. Stefan nodded. Stefan walks out of the high school and into the light. Daniel and Elena watch him go. Daniel turns back to Elena. "Hi." Daniel said. The two hug. "What about you?" Elena asked. Daniel pulled away and smiled at his friend. "I'm alive. I'm here to bring you back." Daniel said. "Back where?" Elena asked. Daniel smiled and held out his hand. "Home." Daniel said. Elena took his hand and Daniel guided her to the same doors that Stefan walked through. Daniel opened the doors and him and Elena walked through them.

"Dear Diary, today will be different. Today I will smile. It will be genuine. Because today is that day that I get to live again." Elena's voice over said.

Elena wakes up from her sleep. "There she is." Bonnie said. "Am I?" Elena asked. "I did it. I broke the spell. Daniel helped guide you soul back but it was mainly me." Bonnie said. "How?" Elena asked. "It took some time, but I think I've finally figured this witch thing out." Bonnie said. The two hug. "Where is he?" Elena asked. "He's with Caroline and Daniel. Saying goodbye." Bonnie said.

Mystic Falls Cemetery

"This life will be good. And beautiful. But not without heartbreak. In death comes peace, but pain is the cost of living. Like love, it's how we know we're alive." Elena's voice over said. Damon, Daniel, Emma and Caroline are at Stefan's tombstone. Damon runs his fingers over the word "peace" on Stefan's tombstone. "Do you think it exists?" Damon asked. "It does. I've seen it." Daniel said. "We'll see him again." Caroline said. "You two will see him again. Me, I'm going the other way. They'll probably reopen hell for me." Damon said. "Don't be so sure." Caroline said. Caroline, Emma and Daniel walk outside. They both see Elena and they both smile with joy. Damon walks outside to where Bonnie and Elena are. He sees Elena and the two smile. Elena and Damon walk over to each other and kiss each other before they embrace. A few moments later, Elena, Caroline and Bonnie sitting on a bench.

"I need you to know that Stefan said something to me before we parted." Elena said.

Flashback

Stefan and Elena are hugging. "One day when you wake up, tell Caroline I heard her and I will love her forever too." Stefan said.

Present

"He got my message." Caroline said. Alaric, Matt, Bonnie, Damon, Daniel, Emma, Caroline and Elena place presents outside The Salvatore Tomb, before leaving the cemetery.

"And life goes on." Elena's voice over said. "So, this is where you've been disappearing to." Daniel said to Emma. Emma nodded. "Yeah. They needed my help." Emma said. Daniel nodded and linked their arms as they walked away.

Town Square

"Dear Diary, we survived that night. Mystic Falls is safe. I remain the Sheriff. They even gave me a bench. I'm thinking of running for mayor and Vicki, well, I think she found peace. Somehow it feels like she did." Matt's voice said. Vicki and Tyler walk away together after watching over Matt.

Bonnie's House

"I'm determined to keep my promise to Enzo. I'm gonna live this life to the fullest. I wanna see the world. Enjoy my life." Bonnie's voice said. "Do I have everything?" Bonnie asked herself. "Passport. Passport, nightstand." Enzo said. Bonnie gets her passport and the necklace Enzo gave her from her nightstand drawer. Enzo strokes her cheek gently and Bonnie can feel it even though she can't see him.

Salvatore Boarding House

"As for my family, Caroline and I got what Damon and Daniel decided was Stefan's last wish." Alaric's voice said. Jo watches Alaric play outside with their twins.

Salvatore Boarding School

"Opening the school was hard work. We needed lots of help. Fortunately we knew plenty of people with experience." Caroline's voice said. "Here you go." Caroline said. Caroline hands what looks like a crossbow to Jeremy.

"Caroline was determined to make it a success. She wanted to make her mum proud." Alaric's voice said. Liz helps Caroline when she drops her letters. Caroline can feel her presence. Daniel walked into the room and saw Liz. Liz looked over at Daniel and smiled. He smiled back. Daniel walked over to Caroline and handed her a letter. They both smiled and hugged each other before Daniel left. "Plus, soon after the school opened, she got a most impressive donor. But that is the beginning of another story. One Daniel will have an important role in." Alaric's voice said.

Daniel walked next to Alaric. "You know, you would be an excellent teacher here." Alaric said. Daniel smiled. "Really?" Daniel asked. "Yeah." Alaric said. "What would I even teach?" Daniel asked. Alaric shrugged. "That is up to you." Alaric said. Daniel thought about for a moment. "Maybe in the future. Not right now but sometime in the future." Daniel said. Alaric nodded. "Good to know. What would you teach?" Alaric asked. Daniel smiled and looked at him. "Maybe Origin of Species or Supernatural Mythology." Daniel said. Alaric smiled. "I'll make sure to keep the position open." Alaric said. Daniel smiled before walking away.

Daniel walked into the foyer and looked at all the students. Some smiled at him and some waved. Some even high fived him. He smiled and waved back at them and high fived the students. He made his way to the front door. He looked back at the foyer and smiled at his previous home before leaving the school as he knew it was under good care. He climbed into his car and drive away, heading towards where his family is and where his future is beginning.

A/N : and this concludes the end of The Forgotten Salvatore Book 5. What a journey. Can't wait to see you in book six where things get even crazier!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 117 15
Hope Mikaelson was scarred for life after seeing her father as the monster everyone said he was. The memory was burned in her mind and she longed for...
2.6K 107 8
I do not own these characters, those rights go to Julie Plec. This doesn't take place in any of the seasons of Legacies. Hope became a tribrid, a...
2.5M 86.6K 100
In which the original hybrid finds himself falling for an eighteen year old witch with a rather huge and destructive secret. OR In which a cursed wi...
222K 6K 79
A dark prophecy follows Sofia Gilbert all the way to New Orleans where more danger awaits her. She was promised a life of adventure and that's just w...