Put the pieces back: Sequel (...

By iamscaredoftheocean

⚠️this is book 2, sequel to 'A piece of us'⚠️ (Strongly recommend you read the first book before this one!) ⚠... More

(Before you read)
She's gone
Nostalgia
What is Miko planning?
The Chasm
Resurrection
The second domain
Y/n teams up with the group
The mechanism
Yanfeis theory
Xiao and Y/n
Xiao and the Yaksha
Sacrifice?!
Itto is the guy
Bosacius
A way out
Will all of us escape?
I guess we're both liars
Slaughters
Back at Wangshu Inn
To the Crux Fleet
The Jade Chamber
Two letters
(Any artists out there?)
Three simple rules
Mommies?
Finally friends?
One long night out
Trauma, can you blame her?
Post-traumatic stress disorder
Oh Xiao <3
Epilogue - As free as a bird
SC - Babysitting isn't easy...
SC - If Xiao never loved Y/n
SC - Thunderstorm
SC - Father Zhongli
SC - Who is she?
SC - If it didn't work...
(Author note/ goodbye for now❤️)

Y/n is back

8.9K 346 378
By iamscaredoftheocean

Y/n pov:

I got used to the feeling of hearing, seeing, smelling and moving again.

Sure enough I had been able to do all these while meeting Xiao, but it had been some weeks since we were able to meet, at least according to Miko.

Kokomi was in the room with us, I had gone from my fox form to my human form and was currently sitting on a chair in the room.

I had a blanket covering my whole body.
Unfortunately, I had no clothes at the moment...

Miko, Kokomi and I were the only people in the room.

Miko had explained how she was able to revive me.

Kokomi was not happy to know she revived someone from the dead, but decided not to say anything in front of me.

"Your temperature is normal again." Miko smiled at me with a warm smile while feeling my temperature with the back of her hand to my forehead.

My voice was a little cracky in the beginning, but Miko placed a cup of (favorite tea) and honey in my hands for me to drink.

After some time my voice more back to normal.

The blanket around me was warm and I couldn't stop snuggling into it.

"Everyone has missed you so much..." Miko said as she kneeled in front of me.

I smiled at the thought of everyone wishing to see me again. "I can't wait to meet them..." I said.
Tears stained my eyes.

Imagining everyone when I meet them again seemed wonderful.

Xiao, Zhongli, Beidou, Kazuha, Aether, Ningguang, Keqing, Ganyu, Hu Tao, all of my friends. All the adepti, everyone.

Tears rolled down my face.

Kokomi handed Miko a handkerchief.
Miko used it to wipe the tears from my face.

We both held eye contact while she did it, and eventually she started crying as well.

-

After an hour, a shrine maiden finally came into the room with a pair of clothes, my clothes.

"Zhongli got these clothes for you, he said they are the same type of clothes you used to wear before your death." Miko told me.

I felt more tears in my eyes when I saw the hanfu I got from Ganyu.

"Thank you..." I muttered.

"We'll give you some time to gather your thoughts." Miko said.

"It's appreciated, thank you." I said, thanking her again. I could not thank her enough.

"Don't worry about it." She smiled to me with the warmest smile yet.

She pointed to a corner in the room. I looked over there and saw a small hot spring in another part of the building, that I could enter from the inside. "There's enough cleaning tools for you in there." She said.

I smiled at the generous thought.

"Feel free to spend the whole day in there if you have to." She said.

She then pointed to another table in the room.

"You can find all of your things there." Miko explained.

"Thank you." I said yet another time.

She chuckled at me. "You're so cute Y/n..."

-

When everyone had left the room, I walked over to a body sized mirror.

When I looked into the mirror I almost fell of surprise.

My hair was dirty and messed up, my skin was extremely dry, and my lips were chapped.

I looked like a corpse, although I was one not long ago, it was a horrible sight.

The hot spring had never been more tempting.

I went into the other room and dropped the blanket on the ground.

I wasted no time and slowly sinked into the water.

-

I sat in the water and collected all my thoughts about everything.

Rising from the dead again.

Meeting everyone and how they will react.

Living my old life again.

I washed my hair and made sure my face was cleaned.

And then I just relaxed.

-

When I rose from the water after probably two hours of relaxation, I felt so refreshed.

My heartbeat had definitely calmed down and I could feel my breathing evened out.

I dried myself and went into the other room again.

I brushed out my hair, and I was kind of shocked to see that my hair was the same length it used to be two years back.

After I had a good and icy cold face mask, as well as very detailed skin care routine, from my sister.

I took another look in the mirror.

My eyes were more bright and less dull than they were earlier.
My skin had smoothed more out and my lips weren't that chappy anymore.

I went over to my clothes and dressed up in the hanfu.

I've missed this.

The feeling of the soft fabric against my skin was perfect.

-

When I was fully dressed up and my hair was as it used to be (you decide), I went over to the table where Miko said my things would be.

I could feel a flutter in my body as I laid eyes on my good old fox mask.

However my mask was a little different, in the forehead of the mask, I could see that my sister had placed my original core.

She didn't want me to not have it huh?

I chuckled.

I could feel it as well, the feeling of me.

I moved my eyes a little to the side and saw my ear piercings, as well as my bright, now alive, pyro vision.

It's working again?

I didn't know it would work again...

I was happy though, and placed the vision inside one of the earrings. I then put the earrings back on my long, soft fox ears.

When I wiggled my ears I could feel the weight of the vision and the earrings, just like before, I loved it. Not light, but far from heavy.

I then placed my fingers on my katana that also laid on the table.

I picked it up and slowly traced the blade with my fingers.

I sighed, "it feels SO good to be back!" I threw a big smiled and scratched my body, feeling so new.

I turned back to the mirror and looked at my reflection.

I could barely see any difference from me now and me two years ago.

"I forgot how good looking I was." I said.
I looked in shock as I could feel my confidence coming back.

Damn... I would date myself if I could.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

278K 7.2K 35
What if Xiao wasn't the last Yaksha? What if one of the "dead" Yakshas survived? Karmic Debt. Madness. Could anyone possibly survive that? The answer...
151K 5.6K 20
"There is a broken contract between us. And I'm sad to say that I wasn't the one that broke it, Morax," ...
265K 13K 73
« 𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧 𝐱 𝐦𝐨𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐧 𝐨𝐜!𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 » ➥ "Aren't you even a little bit angry, Y/n? After all... we've deceived you for your entire exis...
13.6K 508 23
Waking up in another world is terrifying. Not remembering anything is worse, though. Teyvat is a strange world filled with mysteries for you to explo...