๐‹๐ข๐ญ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ƒ๐š๐ซ๐ฅ๐ข๐ง' |...

Av -BLIXIE-

๐™ค๐™›๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™š๐™ง๐™– โ€ข ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ—-๐Ÿ๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ–๐ŸŽ "...๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ'๐˜ด ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ... Mer

00. - cast & author's note.
01. - guilty conscience
02. - release
03. - burden
04. - judgement
06. - missing you
07. - scared of fallin'
08. - all in the family
09. - never enough
10. - remedy
10.5. - transparency
11. - you're a thief
12. - teenage love affair
13. - break me
14. - ease your mind
15. - sanctuary
15.5. - weakness
16. - take the blame
17. - hit dogs holler
18. - comin' home
19. - the lovers

05. - everlasting

429 34 64
Av -BLIXIE-

february 8th, 1979
encino, california -
hayvenhurst compound

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"You're cleanin' like a madman. You do know we have maids for that, right?" Jackie snickered before placing a spoonful of cereal into his mouth.

"Stop it Sigmund," I grunted. "I'm just tidyin' up a bit."

"Tidyin' up? Silvia and Pam did a great job on the house yesterday, they'll be back tonight," mother noted while walking into the dining room.

"Y-Yeah but I just wanna make sure that when my guest comes-"

"Oh you have a guest comin' over? " Mother came up to me which put my cleaning frenzy to a pause. I put down the cloth I had and nodded, her face lighting up at my answer. "Why didn't you tell me baby?"

"I didn't want anyone makin' a big deal out of it," I shrugged before taking a seat. "Besides, we're going to be in my room-"

"Is it a girl?" Jackie raised a brow at me.

"Yes it is, why does gender matter?"

"It doesn't," mother chimed in. "But it does matter when she's going to be in your bedroom."

"Mother she's just a friend. If it makes you feel better, I can have the door cracked open."

"No, I'm just teasin'," she chuckled. "I don't want to ruin your privacy. You barely get enough as is."

"Thank you mother," I beamed before rushing up to my bedroom. The smile on my face slowly turned into a tight lipped frown as I observed my surroundings.

This room is a hot mess.

Shirts and boxers were in random parts of the room. Magazines that I had already read through were also scattered across the floor. Crumpled up sheets of paper that were meant to be in the garbage were sitting right outside of the overflowing bin I had next to my nightstand.

I was so worried about how everything else looked that I completely forgot about my own room.

"Dammit," I swore while trying to throw my dirty laundry into the hamper. I tidied up my nightstand area as well as my closet before stepping back and observing the room as a whole.

This'll do.

I walked back downstairs to get a glass of water but as I reached the final step, I began to overhear a conversation I knew I wasn't meant to hear.

"...but that's not the point Quincy," my father grumbled. "Michael is on tour right now, he just can't hop on down to Westlake when you want him to."

Quincy?

"You know what he's my son and I may not be apart of this album but I am his manager. What I say, goes. He's going to be on this tour and we also have an album of our own to record. The only time you can record with him is when he has breaks in between, got it?"

After Joseph's outburst he hung up the phone and just before I could hide, he turned his head toward me. My initial reaction was to run but my feet stayed planted onto the floor.

I'm tired of running.

"What are you doin' down here? I thought you were cleanin' your room," he grunted.

"You're sabotaging my recording time?" I flat out questioned.

"Michael I'm gonna give you a second chance to rephrase that question of yours," he gritted.

"I'm not rephrasing anything Joseph. Why? Why are you trying to cut back on my recording time?"

"Because we have a album to record! Remember?! Our group! Our album is more important than anything you want to do on your own!"

"But what about what I want?!" I shouted back, Joseph's eyes widening in bewilderment. "Joseph you know I don't mind recordin' with my brothers but I also wanna have some time to myself! Is that so wrong?"

"When it comes to family, yes. You are wrong."

In Joseph's eyes, family came first under any and every circumstance. It was his rule, a strict that we had to abide by even if it put us between a rock and a hard place.

I let out a long sigh before turning my back to Joseph and heading for the main entrance.

"And where do you think you're goin'?"

"To pick up a friend," I stated while continuing to walk away. "I'll be back within two hours."

"Boy I'm not done talkin' to-"

His voice cut out the moment I exited Hayvenhurst and Bill was outside waiting to greet me.

"A little late I see," Bill teased while checking the time on his wristwatch.

"I got caught up with Joseph," I chuckled before entering the the vehicle. It would've been a bit too flashy to show up in a limousine so I resorted to using a car instead. "I drive?"

"Heavens no," Bill shook his head profusely. "Not while I'm in the car, I'll drive. Last time you nearly killed me."

"What? I'm a safe driver," I shrugged.

"Yeah if you think going sixty on a thirty mile per hour street is 'safe'," he smirked before starting the engine.

As we drove to Los Angeles, I felt my heartbeat increase it's speed after each minute that passed. I haven't seen Rainy since the night I met her and since then, all I wanted to was see her once more. The way she gave me the confidence to stand up to my father... I'll forever be thankful for that.

My thoughts were put on hold the moment the car came to an abrupt stop. I looked up and saw that we were indeed outside of the apartment complex that we were just outside of a few nights ago. I checked the time on my wristwatch and saw that it was two minutes after the hour, thanking God we made it on time in my head.

"Should I knock or should you?" Bill teased with a raised brow.

"Haha very funny," I playfully rolled my eyes. Bill got out of the car and went upstairs to her apartment door, an inexplainable sense of anxiety surging within me as he did so.

I hope this goes well.

After a few moments, the backseat door swung open. My eyes widened the moment she got into the car and sat next to me, clearly taking me by surprise.

"Hey there stranger."

Seeing her at night was pleasing but in broad daylight, she is completely captivating. Her caramel skin glowed along with the sun, giving her a radiance that just drew you toward her. Just as I had mentioned the night I met her, her facial features were uniquely alluring. Also, her long spirally curls were perfectly coiled to perfection. To say that Rainy's beautiful was a grave understatement.

"H-Hey there Rainy," I greeted her with a bright smile.

"You kids ready?" Bill asked. We both nodded and made our way back over to Encino.

"So," she nudged me a bit. "What's new?"

"Nothing besides the fact that Joseph is trying to control my recording time for my solo album," I grumbled while recalling the heated discussion I had about an hour ago.

"What? That's awful," she frowned sympathetically. "I know you're busy and all with the group but does he really have to try and control your personal time? I mean, can he even do that?"

"Technically yeah, he's my manager so... I don't really have a choice but to follow what he says. But it's fine because I'm almost done recording for the album, he just doesn't know that."

"I can't wait to hear it," she smiled innocently, my heart dropping at the sight of it.

"So what's new with you?" I asked while I leaned my elbow against the car door.

"Hm, let's see... oh. I bumped into my ex-boyfriend after tryin' to avoid him," she scowled slightly. "It wasn't pretty either."

"What did that idiot have to say?" I said, taking myself by surprise by my choice of words. It irritated me that someone would have the audacity to be deceitful, especially to someone as sweet as Rainy.

"I need you to know that you're the only girl that can make my heart skip," she mocked in a forced, manly grunt. I chuckled at how soft her voice sounded even though she was trying her best to enact a lower tone. "Please don't leave me Lori."

"Oh he's hilarious for that one," I shook my head.

"I know right! Pft, I have no clue who that girl was... part of me what's to find out but I think for the sake of my peace, I'll just drop it."

We continued on talking as if we've known each other for a thousand years. At certain points in our conversation, I would catch Bill looking into the rearview mirror and winking at me which of course made me roll my eyes.

After a short hour, we arrived at Hayvenhurst. Rainy's mouth dropped the moment we approached the driveway, causing me to smirk at her.

"Woah," she said before looking at me. "Y-You live here? I mean, of course you do you're famous. I forgot, damn."

It made me happy to know that she'd forget about my fame too. To the 'friends' I have in this industry, they only cared about my social status. I knew if I was just an ordinary guy with no form of fame tied to my name, they wouldn't even dream of speaking to me.

We got out of the car and I thanked Bill before grabbing ahold of Rainy's hand, taking her by surprise. She gasped and looked up at me with a blank expression. I needed to get her to my room as quick as possible so that I could avoid the sly remarks my brothers will make if they see her.

And I think running to my room will be my best bet.

"Do you trust me?"

"Y-Yes," she nodded slowly.

I opened the front door and entered the estate, shutting the door behind us. I looked around trying to see if anyone was near the main entrance. From what I could hear, everyone seemed to be in the living room.

"Michael this place is beautiful," she whispered in awe.

"Thank you," I said before hearing a few voices growing closer. "O-Okay, this is where I need you to run with me."

"R-Run? Why?"

"Because my brothers are a pain in the butt and I don't want them botherin' you. I can have you meet Janet and mother while we're in my room."

"Sounds good to me," she shrugged.

"Mike, is that you?" I heard Marlon call. I took that as my sign to run upstairs toward my room, having Rainy following my lead. We laughed a bit before reaching my room, her eyes wandering around the moment we entered.

We stood in place and as her eyes continued to wander, she gasped after a short while. She looked down at our intertwined fingers and my eyes immediately widened.

"S-Sorry," I shyly apologized while removing my hand from hers.

"S'alright," she smirked. "Your room reminds me of my little brother's," she said as she walked up to the many posters I had of my favorite artists. I closed the door behind myself and offered her a seat onto my bed. She humbly accepted and I sat next to her, taking out my record player and headset.

"Here," I said while placing the headset on her head, making sure it was snug. "I want your opinion on this song, alright? Be brutally honest, please."

"Okay," she nodded. Before I could even play the song, she scoffed and rolled her almond shaped eyes. "Ugh, this song sucks."

"Hey," I chuckled before inserting the cassette tape. "You ready?"

She nodded before I pressed play, my nerves running wild as she sits and listens to the song I had worked oh, so hard on.

february 8th, 1979
encino, california -
hayvenhurst compound

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Lovely is the feelin' now

Fever, temperatures risin' now

Power (Oh, power) is the force, the vow

That makes it happen,

it asks no questions why (Ooh)

So get closer (Closer now)

To my body now...

I sat in awe as I listened to the sweet, harmonic sound of Michael's vocals. The range this man had was impeccable and as he sat and bobbed his head to the beat of the song, I could tell he was proud of his work.

This song sounded like something the people needed; the industry needed. This sound was fresh and undoubtedly one of the catchiest feel-good songs I had ever listened to.

I attempted to move my mouth to speak but Michael immediately placed his pointer finger over lips. My lips began to tingle at his touch and after a few seconds, there was a exhilarating sensation flowing throughout my body.

"Just wait," he mouthed.

Touch me and I feel on fire

Ain't nothin' like a love desire (Ooh)

I'm melting (I'm melting)

Like hot candle wax

Sensation (Oh, sensation)

His smile was as bright as ever as he proceeded to move his head to the beat. His finger was still placed over my lips and unintentionally, I slightly puckered them. This caused Michael's eyes to dart up at mine and my heart began to race uncontrollably.

Our proximity plus his gentle touch was overwhelming for me. I mean, it would be overwhelming for anyone considering that were were only inches apart.

The song faded out which snapped us out of our intense gaze we had on each other. He slowly removed his finger from my lips and a small smirk formed onto his.

"So?" he raised a brow.

"Th-That was..."

"Was it bad?" he asked while scratching the back of his neck. "Ah crap, I knew it. Joseph kept tellin' me that the song was garbage but-"

"Perfect."

"Wait, huh?"

"Perfect," I repeated. "That was perfect. Michael you don't understand what's going to happen when you release this? It'll be one for the books."

"Are you serious?" Michael cheesed while removing the headset from my head.

"Mhm," I nodded with confidence. "Michael let me tell you this right now, alright? I'll never lie to you. Especially when it's about somethin' as big as this. That song is a hit!"

"Aw thank you Rainy," he embraced me tightly. I could tell that Michael was a touchy person considering the first time we met which I found to be hilarious because I'm the complete opposite. However, I couldn't possibly push him off of me in this moment and to be honest, his touch was rather soothing.

I reciprocated his embrace and his scent was heavenly. He smelt of french vanilla and fresh honey.

"Anytime," I managed to let out. He slowly pulled back from our embrace and I could've sworn his eyes flickered down to my lips before there was an abrupt knock on the door.

"It's Janet!" his younger sister shouted while continuously banging. "I need your help memorizin' lines!"

"Not now Dunk!" Michael said with slight frustration, completely removing himself from me.

I think his eyes flickering down to my lips was all in my head...

"C'mon!" she knocked even louder.

"I have company over!" Michael shouted back.

"Oooouu! Can I meet her?!"

Michael let out a long sigh before getting up from his seated position and opening the door. Janet came walking toward me with her hand extended which took me by surprise.

"The name's Janet, nice to meet you."

"My name's Lorraine but you can call me Lori," I shook her hand and smiled.

"Gosh she's beautiful just like you said," Janet stated while looking up at Michael. I slightly blushed at the compliment and when I made eye contact with Michael, his face was flushed with embarrassment.

"Janet," he deadpanned. "Out."

"But-"

"Out or I won't help you with your lines later on," he tested. She crossed her arms and mumbled a few words under her breath before exiting the room. "Sorry about that, she gets a bit excited when meeting new people."

"She's a peach," I shooed him. "I wish I had a little sister."

"Trust me, no you don't," he chuckled. "I love Janet to bits but that girl will drive your mind to the moon and back. Anyway, what time do you have to be back home?"

"Well, it's a Friday so technically I don't have a curfew," I shrugged. "But my momma can be a worry wart so I'd say I have to be back home by ten."

"Well, how about I give you a tour of the house and then we can watch a movie or two? I think mother isn't cooking tonight since it's Friday so... Chinese takeout?"

"Sounds like music to my ears."

The rest of our afternoon and evening consisted of endless fun that I never wanted to stop having. During the evening, Michael had cracked a joke I just couldn't stop laughing at. However, mid-laugh, reality hit me like a truck.

He leaves for Brighton tomorrow afternoon.

"Rainy?" he tapped me, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Y-Yeah?" I averted my attention toward him. We were in the living room watching Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory with a blue blanket covering our legs.

"I had a lot of fun today," he ushered a genuine grin. "And... I'm gonna miss you."

I felt my heart sink, his words stabbing at my chest so effortlessly. It felt good to know that he would be missing me because the feeling was indeed mutual. I haven't had a day like this in a while and I was more than grateful to experience it with a new friend.

"Um... here," my eyes trailed down to my wrist before taking off the beaded bracelet I had on. It was a bracelet I handmade a while back but it meant a lot to me. "You're leavin' tomorrow so... if you ever get lonely, just know I'm right there with you."

"Rainy this is sweet," Michael smiled while putting on the bracelet. "I won't take it off, I promise. I'll wear it at every show from now on. It can be... like a good luck charm."

It made my heart warm knowing that he'd wear my bracelet during each and every show. Although our friendship is new, I can tell that it will surely be an everlasting one.

Because the young man sitting beside me is as genuine as they come.

"A good luck charm, huh..."

Fortsรคtt lรคs

Du kommer ocksรฅ att gilla

67.1K 3.3K 58
quando incontri la persona giusta poi รจ cosรฌ difficile lasciarla andare, diventa il tuo punto di riferimento, la tua casa, il tuo tutto.
18.7K 1K 19
๐€๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ฅ ๐‘๐จ๐ฌ๐ž รจ una sedicenne che,dalla sua scuola privata,si trasferisce nella scuola di suo fratello maggiore,Rhys,un ragazzo festaiolo e cas...
72.5K 3.2K 41
Where... Camilla Leclerc e Lando Norris scoprono cosa c'รจ oltre la linea sottile che divide il punzecchiarsi e l'amore. Non possono o meglio non vogl...
125K 4.2K 62
"L'amore รจ come una partita di calcio: ci sono momenti di gioia e trionfo, ma anche momenti di tensione e sconfitta. Ma con Kenan al mio fianco, sape...