Hating You to Love Me

By soulnotknown

"Remember what I said last night Ashley, if you don't stop being a bitch I would.." he paused and glanced at... More

1. Ashley
3. Ashley
4. Alex
5. Ashley
6. Alex
7. Ashley
8. Alex
9. Ashley
10. Alex
11. Ashley
12. Alex
13. Ashley
14. Alex
15. Ashley
16. Alex
17. Ashley
18. Alex
19. Ashley
20. Alex
21. Ashley
22. Alex
23. Alex
24. Ashley
25. Alex
26. Ashley
27. Alex
28. Alex
29. Ashley
30. Alex
31. Ashley
32. Alex
33. Ashley
34. Alex
35. Ashley
36. Ashley
EPILOGUE
Author's last Words
✨Royal Arrangement ✨

2. Alex

11.6K 558 103
By soulnotknown

My eyes stared at her back as she walked out of my office. A sigh left my lips as my eyes fell on the lit screen in front of me. I kept skimming through the lines, one after the other figuring out the storyline. And it stopped. The blank appeared and a small chuckled escaped my lips.

She was going good, why'd she stop writing? I read the last few chapters over again and only then did I figure out the only thing she lacked was the compassion for a confrontation. And that's her in real life as well. No doubt her stories are usually based on one sided love and full of hate roller coasters.

I loved her work, but there was something annoying about acknowledging that it was her who wrote those best selling stories. Ever since I have known her, the woman lacked compassion, love, sweetness in real life. I had never seen her go out on a date, never seen her try to hit on guys and moreover I had never seen her project her real self. She was just a bitch, especially to me. No, just to me.

My mind wandered, filling itself with her. Her thoughts. I figured how she would have always pretend not to care, not to be affected, not to be jealous, not to be angry. She was a neutral block most of the times, but I loved cracking that shell in her. I loved making her angry, annoyed and getting reactions from her.

That's what I had figured out in three years of bearing her presence. It's easy to get on her nerves. Very easy, you just need patience. I had enough of that. A small smile was on my face as I thought about it. She was also the only one who got onto my nerves and I hated it. I hated it when she succeeded to annoy me, to make me react.

"Fuck Ashley." I whispered as my hands reached for the keyboard and I started typing. Before I knew, I was in it, Indulged. I lost the track of time as I set the scene and closed the story. I stretched in my seat as I saved the draft and closed the document.

A list of documents popped on my screen. Unintentionally a folder named "Me" caught my attention. I clicked on it, promising myself not to peak in further. It was invading someone's privacy and I had never done that. Never.

A series of her pictured were there. Some selfies, some videos and pictures. Her baby pictures and a few of her teenage ones. She was a nerd? Nah. I could see that in those eyes behind her spectacles. In her writings. She was not. But was she a troublemaker? For me, yes.

I tilted my neck staying on the overview not viewing any picture. But I really caught that smile in all those pictures. I wanted to see that and she rarely smiled. At least not for me or at me. A sigh escaped my lips again, as I exited the window and shut her mac. I knew exactly what was wrong with her. I knew why she avoided me, I knew it, I had read it.

My hand grazed the small glass cube on my desk as I was lost in my head. "One day, You'd tell me everything yourself." I muttered and I felt cold inside. The sudden coldness whenever I thought about how she'd pretend to not be her, never tell what she felt. One day, I'd crack that shell, crack her.

Without another thought, I packed all my stuff and left the office. The car was ready for me to drive back home. It was weekend, and I wanted to enjoy it before I left for New York.
*
*
*
I step down my car, closing the door behind. I grab my bag and another paper bag with donuts. My phone instantly started ringing. I put it to my ear as I shut the car door and walk inside the building. I see the black Mercedes. A small smile played on my lips instantly.

I heard an old voice on the other end. My smile dropped instantly. "Good evening grandma." I wish as I walk inside deciding to take the stairs. Climbing each step carefully as the other voice starts complaining instantly.

"It's been two weeks since I have been wanting to see you. When are you getting to New York! Is your girlfriend really that busy? All I want is to see you two together before I die!"

My heart stops. Fuck! My girlfriend? I forget Every-time. "Come on grandma, that's fair enough on her part. She is busy but she had finally made her mind. We are definitely coming over on Monday. And I promise this time."

"Where is she? let me have a talk with her. Do you keep lying to me? I doubt because she is never around Alex."

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! I curse in my head. "She.." before I knew I had successfully made it to the second floor. My eyes land on Ashley. Struggling to fill the password while she held the grocery bags in both of her hands. Her eyes dart towards me and I knew she'd never ask for my help.

I instantly place my bag aside near my apartment door before I walk towards her. "I got this Alex." She said, stepping away from me, so that I wouldn't help her.

I lean forward and grab the bag forcefully. I glared at her, knowing I couldn't curse her anymore due to my grandma on call. She instantly fills the password, caring not to hide. No word escaped her lips. My grandma was still silent on the other end waiting for me to speak up. I had nothing to say, I had been lying to her.

But then what came next was much worse than her silence. "Whose that girl Alex? Is she your girlfriend Ashley? Let me have a talk with her!" Damn it! Ashley? Did I tell my grandma that my girlfriend's name was Ashley? What?

But then an idea shone in my head. Ashley- my girlfriend? Yes. A smirk made it's way on my face. "Give me a minute grandma. We have to carry the groceries inside." I put the call on hold and I walked inside following her to the kitchen.

This wasn't my first time and just like any other, it was short. Always set upto the kitchen and living room. Ashley turned around. "Thankyou. My MacBook?" That was instant. Her cold and nonchalant expression seeped my skin. The woman couldn't smile, could she?

"Before that, I have a favour to ask. My grandmother wants to talk to my girlfriend. And I don't have one. Why don't you talk to her instead pretending to be my girlfriend?" I suggested and she frowned.

"Why would I?" She crossed her arms over her chest.

"For the old woman's sake?" I raised a brow. Sounded convincing to me.

She stared at me for a couple of seconds. I had no idea what was going through that mind of hers before she gestured me to pass her the phone. And I did.

She cleared her throat. "But what am I supposed to say?" She frowned and I shrugged. I mouthed "go with the flow" and she rolled her eyes at me before turning her back to me.

"Oh, good evening Ma'am." I heard her meek voice. My heart almost skipped a beat. The greeting was so gentle that it made me wonder if it was really her. I quickly walked out to grab my bag before I walked back in.

I heard her apologising as she passed me an angered look. I decided to completely ignore that and acted like I was busy in gazing my surroundings, her apartment.

"Oh yes Ma'am, we would definitely this time. I am again sorry for the inconvenience. He had never informed me that it was you. I thought it was just a vacation. If I had known, I'd come right away.... Yes. Okay....See you soon.....Okay, here have a talk with him." She smirked and passed me the phone.

I knew she must have built some trouble for me to deal with. I cleared my throat as I put the phone to my ear and there it was. A series of ranting and curse words that my grandma was not ashamed of blurting out. I shut my eyes. The old woman, my love, was angered because of Ashley and that too at me.

My heart was filled with another reason to hate her. "Calm down Granny, You know you can't take the anger. I am sorry okay? I will explain everything when we both see you. Yes, good night." I ended the call as I glared at Ashley who had that annoying meaningful smile on her face.

"Why would you do that?" I questioned, annoyed that she had put the blame back on me.

"Be grateful I didn't tell her it was all a lie that you fed her. What girlfriend? You don't have one. And you have been telling her you have been dating since last two years. And your girlfriend's name is same as mine? Ashley? Don't you know we have family relations? How foolish." She scoffed leaning against the shelf.

"Then what? Tell her that her only grandson doesn't even have a girlfriend because he..." I shut my mouth on time. No! Couldn't tell her the reason. It's too personal for her to know.

"Because what?" She relaxed into the counter and the way her folded arms added to her whole aura made me want to fuck that attitude out of her like any other time.

"None of your business lady. Just know that I have my reasons. And now that you're involved. I have a deal for you. You've always wanted to pay me back for every time I have helped you. Didn't you? Then this is your chance."

"What's the deal?" She sighed. Her arms relaxed onto her sides. That vertical tattoo on her wrist that said. "Yours" was my favourite part about her. I don't know what that mean and I had no idea who it was for but it gave me a weird feeling belonging whenever I saw that.

"Be my girlfriend." I stated as I stared deep in her eyes. That obvious look of surprise passed her face. Her lips moved but no sound came out. My statement sounded too simple for her to understand. And I knew exactly why.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 35.6K 50
"I...I...was just....."I stuttered and he grabbed my jaws with his thumb and index finger,squeezing my cheeks. "Look at me when I'm talking to you."H...
318K 13K 46
Sci-fi nut, blonde bombshell, and severely no filter Brooke is ready for a fresh start. Done are the days of trashy boyfriends, who couldn't find the...
421K 7.9K 44
***Completed*** *Mature Content Warning* TW: Car accident, Depression, sexual content His touch made me shiver as I couldn't take my eyes off of his...
2.1M 75.8K 99
{I wrote this in 7th grade, so I apologize for how poorly it may have been written. It's a little cringey but a lot of you seem to really enjoy it HA...