𝒴𝑒𝒽 𝒰𝓃𝓃 π’Ÿπ’Ύπ“ƒπ‘œ 𝒦𝒾 οΏ½...

By Ms_WhisperAngel

Monami was the kind of child who could learn and remember well but taking her own time While Karan was the ki... More

Introduction
Chapter - 2 Karan's weakness
Part -3 Mrs. Shergill
Part - 4 Monu and I aren't in puppy love
Part 5 I'll buy candies for you
Part 6 Happy for Nothing
Part 7 Spoiling you
Part 8 Charming eyes
Part 9 The Love Letter
Part 10 New House
Part 11 Believing in you
Part 12 Spoiling You
Part 13 The third type of 'Like'
Part 14 Growing up
Characters and Interview
Part 15 Don't cry
Part - 16 Choice given (or not)
Part - 17 The year of abandonment
Part 18 I want to bring Monu home
ln words of Monami
Part 19 won't give up ever
Part 20 Karu Help me
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30

Chapter 1

1.9K 95 43
By Ms_WhisperAngel

Hey guys, Thank you for your votes and comments...

"You are the joy in my heart, and also the one and only."

The warm weather still lingered around in September. The air was so hot, it made people feel restless.

The skies were getting dark, the golden sun slowly being covered by the night skies. Outside, the lights were lit by the people, thousands of lights gathering together, dancing in and lighting up the night.

A teenage girl wearing a sky-blue dress got off from a taxi. Her soft and delicate pearl-colored high-heeled sandals stepped on the ground. The exposed parts of her feet gave off a white glow under the lights.

Monami gently let loose her hair that was originally put up in a bun. Tugging on the tulle skirt, she subconsciously tightly grabbed the silent bell on her wrist.

Gazing at the brightly lit restaurant, she awkwardly stepped forward, then immediately stepped back. Only four hours and eight minutes more and it would be her most, most, most favorite childhood friend Karan's birthday–18 years, an adult!

And she, was preparing to confess.

Monami fiddled with the Bluetooth headphone in her ear, her voice was quite soft as she spoke to the other person, “Sanju, mujhe lagta hai... yeh idea acha nahi hai... how about I'll just leave...”  her voice came out in whisper..

“What are you scared of! You’ve known each other for so many years, don’t be a coward, just do it!” Sanjana was really at the last bit patience for this thing... Don't know how many times they talked about it..

But…this time I really…” Monami hesitated.

One hour ago, her good friend Sanjana Dubey told her that she coincidentally bumped into Karan at this restaurant. She saw him and his friends enter a private room, and they were even carrying a cake.

After midnight tonight, tomorrow would be the day Karan turns 18. Such an important birthday, he was celebrating with his friends in advance, but didn’t tell her to come along? Ever since they met each other, this is the first time something like this happened!

Sanjana pretended she was one of their classmates and took the opportunity to ask around, even getting a slice of cake in the process. She hid in the corner and reported the latest news to her (Monami), “Monu, yahan ka mahol toh bada dhasu hai... Aur tu uski childhood friend hai na... Toh tere aane par Monu yeh dhamakedar hi hogi party .. so do come fast..."

It’s not the same this time…” Other people were celebrating his birthday in an open manner, but she was on pins and needles because she wanted to confess to her crush!

She lowered her head to stare at the gift bag she was carrying. One glance was enough to see there was an unopened black square gift box. This was the coming-of-age present she had prepared for three whole months to give to Karan. Other than the practical gift inside the black box, there was also a red heart-shaped card that revealed the teenage girl’s heartfelt feelings.

Sanjana suddenly yelled out, “Not good, ek ladki kabse Karan ki taraf ghoore ja rahi hai ... Maybe she'll confess.."

Ah ah ah no way, she can’t!”
And the Jealousy bursted out .

The provoked Monami felt a “bang” go off in her brain. When she regained her senses, she was already standing in front of Room 526.

The girl’s delicate and fair little hand was pressed against the door. The other hand carrying the gift bag was trembling non-stop.

She pricked up her ears, suddenly hearing the song inside switch. The moment the melody came out, she knew what the song was... It was a love song..

A nice female voice came out through the gate.. " I want to say something.."

Follow, a chorus of male voices became rowdy: “aaj ka special person toh Karan hai... Usse bolo... Yeah do tell him.."

No way!” Monami couldn’t hold back any longer and pushed the door to enter.

The first person she saw was the youth sitting on the edge of the sofa. His eye-catching long legs stretched out naturally, and his slender and long arms placed against the cushion. His naturally curved fingers were propping up his head, his face a picture of laziness.

Everyone in the room turned to look at the girl who suddenly barged in.

The youth slowly lifted his eyes, his thick black eyelashes sweeping across his lower eyelids. A pair of charming eyes seemed to naturally carry electricity...

****

Childhood*

When Monami Mahajan was first born, she was so skinny she didn’t even cry. Only when the nurse who was holding her patted her butt a few times did she finally open her mouth and cry out. Even then her voice was quite frail.

Monami's mother Juhi Mahajan  did not have sufficient breast milk Moreover, at the time, they did not have much money and were unable to afford supplements that could provide additional nutrition. It was a problem to just feed the child.

The relatives were all saying that this child would not be easy to bring up. To put it rudely, it was easy for her to die. Hearing this so much, Juhi also felt extremely distressed.

Yet the complete opposite situation was happening in the neighbouring Shergill family living across the society.

The Shergill family was quite wealthy. Although they were neighbors that lived in the same society, the value of their house was incomparable! There were many families living in this society. Even if you tried to go up, the building was capped at two stories, and the interior decoration was extremely simple. On the other hand, the Shergill family lived in a single-family three stories building. It occupied a large area, and the lighting was good as well.

Three months ago, a little fatty was added to the Shergill family. He was born white and chubby, and not too long after, he looked very cute. Everyone adored him.

Little Monu was never full and cried no matter if it was day or night. It was so noisy, the neighbors would knock on their door. Juhi was driven to her wit’s end and left with no choice. Having no choice, she carried her skinny and frail daughter to knock on Shergill family’s door.

The female master of Shergill family was named Suhana Shergill.  The first time she saw little Monu, her heart ached so much! Women who just became mothers were originally more emotional. Unable to bear seeing the child suffer, she carefully held the little doll in her arms, her gaze full of pity.

“We’re all mothers here. I already secretly told you, if I give some for her to eat, it should be enough.” Suhana said.. Now a little doll was sent to her doorsteps in need of nutrition, which would help resolve her troubles as well.

Juhi bowed in gratitude multiple times, extremely thankful towards Suhana.

Little Monu's food problem was solved, and her body slowly grew as well.

*****

Little 8-month old Karan liked to crawl around the sofa. Little Monu who was three months younger than him couldn’t even sit upright.

*****

Little 10-month old Karan began to imitate the way the adults spoke. At the same time, 7-month old little Monami could only babble along with him.

****

2-year old Karan constantly absorbed the knowledge he learnt from his surroundings. The directions to a place, the words he had heard, usually he would memorize it after only hearing it once and could even repeat it back to you. Yet little Monu's speech development was delayed, and she didn’t know how to speak yet. Occasionally, she would say “Kalu, Molu, Mammy..” she didn’t know how to say “Daddy” yet.

*****

Only later would they realize that the first word little Monu said wasn’t “Kalu” but “Karu”.

The day Karan turned 3, Karan's father- Mr. Aditya Shergill bought a little cake home for the two kids to eat. Karan was so excited, he didn’t even eat before pestering his dad to light up the birthday candles. When little Monu saw the pretty flames, she reached her hand out to grab them, only to wind up being burnt until she sobbed loudly.

In order to coax her, Aditya put the best parts of the cake into her bowl. Yet little Monu didn’t eat it at all, staring at the fresh and tender strawberries on the edge of the cake.

Monu likes to eat stlawbellies!” Karan used a fork to pick up a heart-shaped strawberry, bringing it to her lips.

Little Monu did indeed like it, she didn’t let go after biting it.

This is my fork!” Karan who was intelligent at a young age, tried to reason with her.

But Monu remained indifferent, her eyes as big as gulab jamun blinked twice.

Just as Karan's parents were about to give another fork to their son…

They saw the 3-year old Karan patiently wait for her to finish this strawberry, then imitated the adults and patted Monami's head with a helpless yet pampering voice, “tumhara kya karu main? "
Karan's parents-  ???

*****

Monami's parents were busy with work and would leave Monami with the Shergill family during the daytime.

Suhana never felt that it was troublesome because Monami would pretty much just obediently sit. As long as she fed fully, she would never cry or make a ruckus.

Little Monu usually never moved, a stark contrast from Karan who liked to step on the sofa and climb walls.

Seeing the well-behaved little doll, then looking at the troublesome one crawling all over the floor, even the good-tempered Suhana was angered by her son until she was hopping, “Karan tumne phir se ghr kabadkhana bna diya , I will take away all your toys!”

Three-and-a-half-year-old Karan was already a little villain. Even when he was naughty, the moment he detected his mother was truly angry, he would be the fastest to admit his mistakes, “Mommy, phir Aisa nahi hoga.. plomise.”

Finished, he ran to sit down next to little Monu, temporarily being an obedient little boy.

After Suhana went to clean the floor, Karan began to tug little Monu's soft hand, “Monu, let’s play together.”

Little Monami turned her head to dumbly look at him. Her pink lips formed a pout as she lowered her head to blow air on the back of his hand. It turns out, when he was playing with his toys earlier he had accidentally scratched his hand.

He suddenly remembered that he didn’t wash his hands after playing with the clay, and shrank backwards, accidentally hitting little Monu's mouth. Her teeth were hurting from the impact and the delicate little Monu suddenly began to cry.

Suhana rushed over carrying a clothes hanger in her hand, “Karan You dare to bully Monu..”

I didn’t do it on purpose!”

Boys were more mischievous, after making trouble multiple times, the angered Suhana punished him to stand facing the wall to reflect. She picked up the toy ball on the ground as she walked over, nagging again. “Look saare toys bikhre hue hai... You’re not allowed to eat lunch today.”

The three-and-half-year-old Karan was very smart and knew how to analysed problems. He knew how to accept his losses and went to stand in the corner without arguing. Raising the toy ball over his head, he faced the wall.

When his stomach growled from hunger, he secretly turned around and peeked, seeing his mom pick up Monu and put sit her down on the chair. He turned back around, his head hanging down.

Suhana kept mashed the roti with aloo sabzi and dahi so it will be easy for Little Monu to eat with spoon and then placed that bowl in front of Monami. Afterwards, she went to the kitchen to prepare her own lunch.

At this moment, Monu who was kneeling on the chair moved!

Her white and chubby little hand carried the bowl while her other hand held onto the table as she got down from the chair. The spoon in the bowl almost fell out and she firmly grasped it in her hand.

Discerning the direction Karan was at, Monu held the bowl as she slowly waddled towards him. When she finally got to him, she painstakingly raised high her pink kid’s bowl to give to him. Her arms were raised so high, the bowl unsteadily swayed.

Karan shook his head, “Why are you giving me your food?” He made a mistake and didn’t dare to accept it.

Monami raised her tender pink face and stubbornly held the bowl out. A milky voice drifted out as she said her first clear sentence: “Karu, eat.”

Da—da—“

The ball fell on the ground.

A soft and sticky sweet “Karu”, directly turned Karan dumb on the spot.

*****
Ohk that's it...
So if you read Intense Love... You guys could see that yahan pe ladaai nahi pyar wale childhood sweethearts...

Intense Love is story of Akdu and his doll whole this one of Monu and her Karu..

And yeah do remember, votes agr 70+ and bahut saare comments nahi hue na... Toh main baaki koi bhi story update nahi krungi...

Till then
Bye-bye

Your writer
Kriya

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 88 19
Monali was never someone who would attract many eyeballs or even demand a second glance. She could be described as a broad girl with a round face an...
9.7K 587 7
Monu bro ke paas SidG hamesha tha, hain aur......... Kya wo hamesha rahega? A ZDMN FS(5 chapter book) BASED ON THE FRIENDSHIP OF SID AND MONAMI Monu...
1.1M 55.9K 63
*Under Editing* [Completed] Book one of 'Childhood Sweethearts Series'. "Neither she can leave him nor everytime it ends with tears" ________________...
50K 5K 80
A story tells about Monami Mahajan, a soon-to-be graduate, freelanced by Karan Shergill, a young psychologist. But who would have known a short time...