Mechanical (CPD)

By KNeill006

Jordan Hermandez used to be a ranger with Jay but left a few years before him due to her mother's illness. Th... More

Photography
Hospital
The Meeting
First Day
Molly's
Banned
Zoe
Shot
Best Friend
Bullies
Drugs
Hospital
Tim
Zoe's First Day
Goodbyes
Questions
Drunk
Therapy
Found
Carnival
Teachers
I've got you
Grave
Slept Together?
Undercover
Watch your back
Warning signs
Help, Please!
Jordan!
Mom
Okay?
Lakehouse
Love
Fun day

Kidnapped

724 11 0
By KNeill006

"Mierda." I said.

"What does that mean?" Asked Hank.

"Shit." Said Antonio as he joined us.

"We have another problem." Said Adam as Jay and him walked up to us.

"What does Mierda mean?" Asked Hank.

"Shit." I said.

"I already told you that." Said Antonio.

"I thought you were just letting your anger out too."

"What's up?" Asked Kevin.

"There was a middle school here. St Albert's." Said Jay.

"They are all missing. Twenty five students and three teachers." Explained Adam.

"How have they all been taken in broad daylight?" Asked Kim.

"Everyone was distracted by the carnival." Said Antonio.

"Did any businesses leave early?" I asked.

"I don't think s-"

"-No they did. There was a bouncy castle. We didn't see the children again but I took it that they went out the end and left." Explained Adam as he interrupted Antonio.

"What about their shoes?" Asked Hank.

"And the teachers?" Asked Kim.

"No one took them off. They were told to keep their shoes on. The teacher's walked round the side to meet them at the end." Explained Jay.

Hank moved closer to me and whispered something in my ear before asking me to give out orders.

"Okay. Antonio and Kim, I want you to go to the school and notify all the parents and get all the files on the teachers. Adam and Kevin, can you ask around the other businesses about whether they saw anything or knew what the bouncy castle people were called. Jay and I are going to notify Sofia and Diego about the twins as well as getting all the camera footage." I ordered.

"Why are we taking orders from you?" Asked Adam.

"Yeah and why have you switched up the partners?" Asked Kim.

"Because I gave her permission and we need to work quick. Plus, these partners work the best." Said Hank.

"What is going on?" Asked Kevin.

"Jordan and I have the same theory. The people from the school went on the bouncy castle and at the other end, a truck was waiting for them and took them."

"What about the twins though? How do they link?"

"I don't know but my guess is they go to the school or the kidnappers thought they went to the school so took them too." I explained.

"Get Forensics out here. If they were kidnapped, they would've made noise. But if something was sprayed at them at the end, it would knock them out, so they could take them quietly." Said Jay.

"How do you guys know this?" Asked Adam.

"As I said, it's a theory." Said Hank.

"A very bold one." Said some woman who flashed us her badge.

"And you are?" Hank asked.

"Detective Molly Greenwood from the gang unit."

"Why are you here?" Asked Hank.

"We believe this involves gangs. Some Latino gang." She said as she looked Antonio and I up and down.

"Why are you looking at them?" Asked Jay.

"They could be involved. She did come up with the theory after all."

"Yeah and so did Voight. I don't see you blaming a white guy." Said Jay as he stepped in front of me.

"Back down, Detective. I'm just sharing my theory."

"It wasn't wanted." Snapped Hank.

"We've already notified the school and I've dropped off the files of all teachers to your precinct."

"We can notify Sofia and Diego too if you want." Suggested some guy.

"No, we can do it."

"Alright but when you bring them in, I want to talk to them."

"Bring them in?"

"Yes. They could be suspects."

"Kidnapp their own family?" Asked Antonio.

"You want to bring in them too?" Asked Jay as he looked towards a white couple who had food from Mama's Truck.

"No. Why would we need to?" Asked the man.

"What are you going to do? Round up all the Latinos and ask them what they saw?" I asked.

"If it comes to it, then yeah." Responded Molly.

"As police officers of Chicago, we don't judge and we certainly aren't racist." Said Kevin.

"Racist? Is that what you think I am?" Asked Molly.

Antonio had left to take a phone call a few minutes before and then came back.

"I've just found out from Diego that the twins didn't attend that school because most of the teachers were racist."

"So what are we dealing with?" Asked the man.

"A Latino gang has taken them to teach the teachers a lesson and do god knows what to the children." Explained Antonio.

"I want you two off the case." Said the man.

"Who even are you?" Asked Kim.

"Detective Chris Greenwood."

"Great. A married couple."

"Siblings actually." Said Molly.

"This is my case and I say who goes and stays. You two can go." Said Hank towards Molly and Chris.

"You guys will need to work together. So I am sorry but no one is kicking anyone off the case." Said their Sargent as he joined us.

"These two could jeopardise the case." Said Chris.

"Or they can go undercover at the gang leaders strip club and get information." Said Sargent Mark Bills.

"Fine." Agreed Chris and Molly.

"Hank? Can the Greenwood's stay?" Asked Mark.

"Fine." Said Hank.

Jay and I walked back to his car and he drove us back to the district.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm fine. Thanks for what you did back there." I said.

"No problem. I was wondering if after this case, you would maybe like to go on a date with me." Suggested Jay.

"Oh a date? With the famous Jay Halstead?" I fake gasped.

"Yes. You could say that." Laughed Jay.

"Yes. I would love too."

When we got inside, Jay and I were joking around and pushing each other as I accidentally bumped into Molly.

"Sorry." I said.

"You watch it! I could get you kicked off this case or worse make sure you never work as a cop again. Do you understand me?" She said.

"Chill. She only bumped into you." Said Jay.

"And if I get shot because you can't protect me because of that. I will bury you." Added Chris as he looked at Jordan's arm.

"Hey! I always protect my people, no matter what. I will jump in front of a bullet to save a friend or even a civilian. Don't you dare try and judge my skills as a cop just because of my bionic arm." I snapped.

"Oh yeah. Who did you protect?" Asked Molly.

"I jumped in front of a bullet to save Dawson, my partner, on my first day. Plus, I served in the Rangers for three years."

"But you couldn't save that friend of yours could you?" Said Chris.

"Who? James?" Asked Jay.

"No I meant Leslie." Said Chris before he dropped to the floor.

I turned round to see Kelly shaking his hand and squeezing his knuckles.

"Did you just hit him?" Asked Jay.

"Yeah." Huffed Kelly.

"You're under arrest for the assault of a police officer." Said Molly as she pulled out handcuffs.

"Not even going to check on your partner?" Asked Antonio as he walked passed laughing.

"I'm protecting him by arresting the prick who hurt him."

"I'm the prick, am I? You are rude and racist towards Jordan and Antonio. Not to mention what you just said about Shay." Said Kelly as he rolled his eyes.

"Give Shay my best." Said Molly.

I went to hit her but Jay held me back. I tried to get past him but he blocked my path and then chucked me over his shoulder and carried me upstairs.

"You better watch what you say or you and I are gonna have a problem!" Shouted Antonio as he walked up the stairs, blocking Kelly from going back down.

"What are you doing?" Asked Hank.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.5K 762 38
The Intelligence unit goes to a school to talk to students and ask about crimes in the area. They meet two young girls who are rude and mouthy but al...
121K 2.2K 38
A lieutenant from the military police force assists the intelligence unit, along with her team of military police soldiers, to end one of their longe...
122K 2.3K 47
A case seems to spiral downwards only to find itself becoming personal to the intelligence unit... -Chicago PD-
81.7K 1.7K 50
[season 7 & 8 of Chicago P.D.] The newly married Spencer Grey's life was seemingly perfect. Until it wasn't. While a life threatening bacteria plag...