Breathe With Me (One, Two, Th...

Por Cosmic_Pumpkin_King

This is an SPN/PJO crossover. It's posted on my fanfiction.net account Lukas Avier. I thought I'd transfer it... Mais

Chapter 1: The Stubborn Waiter
Chapter 2: The Game (Bad Idea)
Chapter 3: May is in Charge
Chapter 4: Blueberries
Chapter 5: Mind the Ducks
Chapter 6: Ho Ho Ho!
Chapter 7: Winnie the Winchester
Chapter 8: Don't Tip the Salt Shaker
Chapter 9: The Mind and the Heart
Chapter 10: Pride or Die
Chapter 11: "I Skimmed"
Chapter 12: Cousin
Chapter 13: Murder
Chapter 14: Details
Chapter 15: Get In the Car
Chapter 16: We're Being Robbed
Chapter 17: Nah
Chapter 18: Heart Attack
Chapter 19: When I Close My Eyes
Chapter 20: Fish
Chapter 21: Painting and Pizza
Chapter 22: The Demigod Pow-Wow
Chapter 23: Nyoom
Chapter 24: Voice of Reason
Chapter 25: The Pretty Committee
Chapter 26: The World
Chapter 27: Home
Chapter 28: I Can Be Merciful
Chapter 29: I Bet He Loves You
Chapter 30: Doodle
Chapter 32: Himbos
Chapter 33: Job Hunting

Chapter 31: Mountains

1.7K 98 84
Por Cosmic_Pumpkin_King

When the bell rang, it didn't take long for all of the students to scramble out of the classroom. Seth usually was the first one out, eager to get away from everyone, but hung back to wait for Percy, who still insisted on going unseen by the students even though Mr. Blofis had already spotted him.

Seth quickly packed up his things, rocking on the balls of his feet as he patiently waited for Percy to talk to his dad for a moment. When Percy was finished, the two peeked out the classroom door to see if anyone was coming, giggling quietly to themselves as they did, knowing that they were being ridiculous.

"Coast is clear." Seth grinned, cheeks flushed pink, and, in a moment of bravery, he grabbed Percy's hand as he dashed down the hall to the front of the school. They slowed to a stroll and Seth took them to the side of the building where a nice clearing with a large red maple tree was.

"Oh, wow!" Percy gazed up at the large tree, his eyes immediately catching on any branches that looked sturdy enough to support his weight. He idly swung their hands between them because he found it a bit amusing that the other hadn't realized to let go. He chuckled when Seth snatched his hand away with a red face but mercifully didn't say anything about it. "Are we going to climb it?"

"Y-Yeah!" The seventeen-year-old nodded, putting his bag down on the floor so he could pull out his lunch. It wasn't much, just a small sandwich and a baggy of chips that he packed for himself. His mom hadn't gone grocery shopping, so he was probably going to have to go to the store later that day. He just hoped Tess wasn't at the house so he could squirrel away some of the food in his room.

Seth offered the bag of chips to Percy, who took it in surprise, before he held the sandwich bag between his teeth so he could use both hands to scurry up the tree in practiced movements. He held a hand out to Percy and helped the other male up to his branch, scooting carefully to the side to give him more room. "I like coming here to think." He said after a moment of silence, simply holding his sandwich bag in his lap.

"It's nice." Percy kicked his legs in front of him, not reaching for his food either. It wasn't because he wasn't grateful, he really was, but his dad had basically given him the platonic version of the shovel talk and Paul had basically hinted that Seth's home life left something to be desired. "Do you always come here during your free period?"

"Most of the time." Seth hummed, hesitantly copying Percy with far more careful movements. "Sometimes I'm in the library studying."

"My dad mentioned that you're graduating early. Got a date yet?"

The seventeen-year-old nodded as he finally unwrapped his sandwich, taking a small bite. "February seventh. It's, uh, four days after my birthday."

Percy grinned at him. "That's exciting. College?"

Seth grimaced, fiddling with the edge of the plastic bag in his hands. "I want to but... I don't know, I don't think I could afford it. Plus, I can't- There's not really any schools I'm interested in here."

"That's fair. I thought about going to college, but I don't think I'd have the time, honestly." With the diner, fighting monsters, and making sure Dean and Sam didn't stumble ass backwards into demigod business, he had his hands full already. It'd be a miracle if he found time to complete schoolwork on top of that. Maybe in another life he could go to college, but it didn't look in the cards for him now. "What degree would you aim for if you did go?"

"Oh, uh, maybe anthropology. I thought of maybe being an archeologist!"

"Woah, what? That's so cool! What got you into that?"

Seth shrugged, gazing down at the people walking about outside the school's main building as they went from class to class. "I've always liked history. I like knowing where we originated from, where we've been. There're so many things we still don't know about our history and it's all out there waiting for us! Waiting for me..." He said the last bit quietly to himself as he remembered his current financial situation and the fact that he still lived with his mother, who was getting more and more distant every day.

Percy couldn't help but frown when he saw the bright smile leave his friend's face, but he morphed it into a small grin before Seth could see. The world was cruel to the kindest people, and it made him want to bitch slap Zeus for some reason. To be fair, though, he'd take any reason to bitch slap Zeus. Sometimes no reason at all.

"You know," Percy began, eating a chip from the baggy in his lap when he noticed Seth anxiously glancing at it. "It won't be easy but... I think things will work out for you. Maybe you won't be where you want to be soon but that shouldn't stop you from at least trying to get where you want to be someday."

"You're good at these speeches." Seth laughed lightly, his eyes stinging as he fought the urge to cry. God, he was being such a baby, wasn't he? "Wish I could do that."

"Don't sell yourself short." The older man said, tilting his head when he heard the school bell ring. "You'll get there one day." He grinned cheekily at Seth before swinging himself down to ground level. "You know, when you find yourself."

Despite the fact that Tess ended up stealing half of his groceries and his mother scolded him for being late for school, Seth thought that he had the best day of his life if only because he made a new friend.

Percy had to head back to his home in Wisconsin the next day, but it was with great reluctance. He promised profusely that he'd text Seth as often as he could, and he'd try and visit more often if he could get time off of work. Seth wasn't worried though because he was certain, despite how uncertain he was about everything, that Percy was the type of person to do anything for his friends.

Seth wondered if Percy would help him move mountains if he asked.

He was scared of what that answer would be.

After Seth had managed to put away the groceries he somewhat kept away from Tess, he flopped down on his bed. He looked around at his room, the smallest in the house, and grimaced at the lack of anything on his walls. He used to put up printouts of articles he found of dig sites, but Tess had ripped them down to show her friends when she was still in high school to make fun of him. After that, he was hesitant to have anything important to him set out. Even his bedsheets and blankets were old and worn out, the fabric thin and fraying because he couldn't bear to take out the comforter his grandmother gave him before she passed away.

Seth sighed and took out his phone, checking the screen to see how many minutes he had left. He'll have to buy another card for it tomorrow.

Percy: i miss hanging out with you D: 
(seen 5:37pm)

The seventeen-year-old grinned brightly at his screen as he contemplated how he should respond. He didn't want to come off too strong, like he was desperate for friendship, but he didn't want Percy to think he didn't care.

Me: it was really fun! we should do it again someday!
(seen 5:39pm)

It took a few minutes before Percy responded, and Seth only had a minor freakout where he thought he screwed everything up. 

Percy: i'll try and visit again soon! :D i just havve to talk to my boss abiut when's good! im sure i can swing somehting!

(seen 5:43pm)

Seth's hands flew across his screen, happiness bubbling up inside him when he realized that Percy actually wanted to visit again. He had thought that the other would simply respond with a "totally!" or "same!" as people used to do to him when he was in middle school back when he thought he had friends. 

Me: i could try and visit after graduation! i got some money saved up from my birthdays!
(seen 5:45pm)

Percy: we'll plan it out more!! :D gtg i gotta let my boss know im omw. draw more pictures for me!
(seen 5:46pm)

Me: okay! be safe!!
(seen 5:46pm)

--

Percy sighed as he pocketed his phone. He wanted nothing more than to just relax and text his new friend, but he had other things he needed to take care of first. Maurice informed him that Dean was way too casual about the demigod reveal, especially knowing the reputation the Winchester family had, and Percy had to figure out what to do on that front. He knew for certain that he wouldn't try anything with their family at the diner, but he knew that Dean was enough of a gremlin to try something with Percy.

'Hey, boss!' Blackjack greeted as he flew down to land next to the demigod. 'Have a good time?'

"I made a friend." Percy grinned as he lifted up a baggy with a single jelly donut, handing the pastry to the pegasus. "His name's Seth."

'That's awesome! How'd the talk with the big dude go?'

The grin turned into something manic as his sea green eyes flashed with something dangerous. "I think it went well. Did you stop by the camp?"

His longtime friend nodded, gently digging into the dirt under him with a hoof. 'They're doin' alright. They still talk about you.'

"Ugh, of course they do. Well, do you think you can give me a ride back to May's place? I-"

"Perseus- Percy!"

Percy turned to where the voice was coming from, and his eyes widened in shocked surprise. "Hera? What- What are you doing here? Did you cut your hair?"

Hera, former queen of Olympus, stood with her hand on her hip, her lips quirked up in a smirk. Her dark brown hair was cut an inch or so above her shoulders, and she wore dark sunglasses over her chestnut-colored eyes. She wore a navy-blue tracksuit jacket with a gold trim and a gold undershirt. Her jeans were a light grey color, and she had on dark combat boots with shimmering laces.

"I thought it was time for a change. Looks good, right?"

Percy nodded with a grin. "You look like someone who's successfully divorced her husband."

"That's because I am, honey." She pushed up her sunglasses, her smirk morphing into the happiest smile anyone had ever seen on her. "I know it's late notice, but you got room for one more?"

Blackjack and Percy shared a look before the demigod shrugged. "We'll make do. Did Aphrodite pack some clothes for you?"

"She-"

"Of course, I did." A feminine voice scoffed, an eye roll audible in their voice. 

Behind them stood what could only be Aphrodite. Her hair was long and blonde, streaks of brown intertwined here and there, and her eyes were the color of the sky. She wore a pink crop top that showed off her toned stomach and a pair of shorts that only went halfway down her thighs. She was beautiful, of course she was, but that wasn't what anyone was focused on as she brushed her hair behind her ear.

"Who hurt you?" Percy growled, his eyes glowing a seafoam green. He clenched his fists tightly as rage filled him because gods help him if it was the god he thought it was.

Aphrodite grimaced, her right hand lifting to rub gently at the healing bruise on her wrist. She gave a deep and tired sigh, something Hera and Percy hadn't heard from her before. "It wasn't Ares, before you say anything."

"I didn't think it was." The demigod responded to the goddess' surprise. "What? Ares does it for the girls and the gays. As funny as it sounds, he worships you. Hephaestus, too, you know."

The smile that graced her face could only be described as lovesick, even when her husband was mentioned, and Percy had an interesting thought that maybe Aphrodite, Ares, and Hephaestus settled their differences in a very human fashion.

Percy cleared his throat, getting the woman's attention again. "The bruises?" He prompted gently, gesturing towards them.

"Right, yes." Aphrodite cleared her throat before brushing her hair behind her ear once more, and the demigod wondered if it was a nervous tic. He'd seen her do it many times before when he used to visit Olympus to talk to Apollo and Hermes (not that any of the other gods were aware, of course). "After Hera, you, left," She inclined her head towards Hera, who didn't say a word because it was clear to her that Aphrodite was struggling. "Zeus, he-" Her body shook in a wave of disgust, her full lips pulling down in a frown. "He tried to force me to be his queen."

"That cock sucking, slimy son of a bitch! I'm going to kick his ass so hard, his vertebrae will pop out of his mouth like a pez dispenser!" Percy raged, looking ready to storm Olympus once more. Blackjack wisely kept quiet.

There was a moment of silence before Hera spoke up.

"I think it's the lack of cock sucking that's the problem."

Aphrodite smiled and Percy snorted, the two having trouble holding in their laughter at the goddess' dry delivery. With the sunglasses and the pose, the line was devastating.

"Percy," Aphrodite began, putting her hand on his arm to try and stop him when he went to walk past her. She was surprised when he immediately halted his movement. "Ares and Hephaestus said that they would handle it. They wanted me to come here because, well..."

Percy blew air out of his mouth gently, a small part of himself wondering if they had any place for the goddess of love and the goddess of marriage could stay, and if Annabeth would ever forgive him. "Yeah, alright, you can come. I have two hunters staying in my apartment, so you two will have to stay with someone else. Got any money on you?"

The two goddesses nodded, and Aphrodite brought out a phone from her back pocket and swiped through it. "Ares gave me this much." She turned the screen to show a bank account and Percy knew Ares was playing with him when he saw that it was Navy Federal.

"Alright, so that's enough for you two to rent an apartment together if you don't mind rooming." He said after a moment, glancing over at them.

"I think that would be fine." Aphrodite said after looking at Hera for confirmation. "I don't plan on staying long, just until everything's settled down at Olympus."

Hera inclined her head towards Percy and her lips quirked up again in a smirk at his small expression of distaste at the movement. "Thank you, Perseus."

Predictably, the demigod waved her off, turning to Blackjack, who was eyeing them all like he was unsure if he could carry them. "You good or do we need to call one of the others?"

'Let's call Guido. He's the only one that won't make any dumb comments about them.'

"Gotcha." After releasing a shrill whistle, a white pegasus landed near them, bowing his head to Percy before greeting Blackjack. Percy turned to the women patiently waiting and hesitated. "Hera, you'll ride with Guido. You look like you'd snap my neck if you rode with me. Come on, Aph."

"I could snap your neck." Aphrodite pouted as Hera looked pleased with his assessment of her. 

"I know." He assured her as he helped her up behind him on Blackjack. "But you won't because I'm pretty."

She sighed and nodded, resting her head on his back for a moment before lifting it to look at Hera. Said goddess was speaking quietly to Guido as she gently pet him, and Aphrodite knew that spending time with Percy and his friends in Wisconsin would be good for her. Maybe it'd be good for Aphrodite as well.

Percy took a glance around the area before he sighed deeply. "Annabeth is going to kill me."

--

"Percy, what the fuck?! You went to talk to Zeus, not kidnap goddesses!"

"Okay, first off, they came willingly- Wait, no, put the dagger down-"

Xxxxxxxxxxxx

words: 2,779

song: She Had the World - Panic! At the Disco (Alternate Version)

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

64K 1.6K 47
You are hiding a whole life from your paternal and maternal side. Your mother, Amelia Wayland, was indeed a shadow hunter, and father wait for it...
363K 11.1K 69
They're gone. The gods always known that the children of the Big Three were liabilities. They were dangerously powerful and extremely decisive. And...
2.7K 64 10
Percy Jackson thought that he would be able to settle down after the giant war, but we all know nothing ever goes well for Percy Jackson. He is accus...
218 14 5
╝♅╚ "ᴬᴺᴰ ᴵ'ᴹ ᴶᵁˢᵀ ᴬ ᴰᴱᴬᴰ ᴹᴬᴺ ᵂᴬᴸᴷᴵᴺᴳ ᵀᴼᴺᴵᴳᴴᵀ" ╗♅╔ 𝐌𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐒 𝙠𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙗𝙚 𝙣𝙤𝙧𝙢𝙖𝙡. 𝘽𝙚𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙�...