Wanda Maximoff x Reader - One...

By abimess_

Collection of one-shots of Wanda Maximoff x Reader stories from my Tumblr @abimess More

A memorable camping night
A kitchen disaster
Sometimes jealousy is the key
Recklessly in love
The Passionate Vigilante
The annoying jumper
She was golden, you were plastic I - AU
She was golden, you were plastic II - AU
When secrets are revealed
The Oblivious Lover
What happens on missions (doesn't always) stays on missions - AU
No words are necessary
Electrical love
Your touch just feels right
The bitter, sweet taste of coffee
The chemistry of us - AU
Marry Me - AU
Too familiar, too hurtful
The weight of guilt
Cuddles are the best stress relievers
The clothes thief
The stupid sad hat - AU
Slipping through our fingers - AU
Forget About Us - AU
It's always a good time for pizza - AU
The most frightened Avenger
The girlfriend shield
Abbreviations and misunderstandings - AU
Birthday surprises
Steve Frog, Captain Toad
The perfect date
The threatened Halloween tradition
The watershed Halloween camp - AU
Halloween Scare - AU
Front Porch
Darcy's Super Effective Test
The perks of library nights
Fourth of July
Some godly encouragement
Earth-838
The Best Day - AU
Glimpse of us [Halloween Special]
Halloween night memories [Halloween Special]
The haunted house [Halloween Special]
Pumpkin contest [Halloween Special]
Consequences [Halloween Special]
Broken [Halloween Special]
The Christmas savior [Christmas Special]
Wishing for a Christmas miracle [Christmas Special]
Christmas amends [Christmas Special]
Mistletoe kiss [Christmas Special]
An Unforgettable Christmas Trip [Christmas Special]
A Christmas attempted murder [Christmas Special]
Another Day of Snow [Christmas Special]
Santa's Little Helper [Christmas Special]
About Christmas and meeting the family [Christmas Special]
The most magical time of the year [Christmas Special]
A gift misunderstanding [Christmas Special]

A chaotic visit to the dentist

1.5K 43 8
By abimess_

Summary: an oral problem forces you to go to the dentist, and having your wisdom teeth extracted causes you not only to make a mess on the dentist's office, but also to confess your feelings for your best friend.

Pronouns: she/her || Warnings: none

───── ⋅ ✮ ⋅ ─────

You are one of the most quiet and reserved among the Avengers. Which is why to say that Wanda was surprised by the scene you caused at the dentist is an understatement.

Even after years of being part of the Avengers, the members of the team only knew the minimum about you, just day-to-day stuff and details about your past that they could find in your files. There was one exception though.

Since Wanda joined the team, you noticed that she was as quiet and reserved as you, completely different from her brother, Pietro, who loved to talk and make jokes with everyone.

While Pietro became close to everyone very quickly, Wanda seemed determined to keep herself isolated from the rest of the team. And you did what you had never done before: you went after her.

After some small talk here and there, you and Wanda grew closer. She seemed to let you get to know her, just as you also let her get to know you.

And maybe it's because you have much more in common than you could ever imagine, maybe it's because she has the most sincere and magnetic eyes you have ever seen. But whatever the reason, you have fallen in love with Wanda. But you would never dare tell her.

The idea of opening up to someone was already too frightening in itself. And to open up to someone in this new way, so much more intimate and intense... No way. You would keep these feelings to yourself. And that's exactly what you did, keeping your feelings under lock and key inside your heart.

But Wanda was still your best friend, the person who knew you better than anyone else. So she was the one you turned to when you needed to go to the dentist.

"Your thoughts are very loud." Wanda comments as she drives, risking a quick glance at you. You settle into the passenger seat, trying to disguise the fact that you've been thinking all this time about all the possibilities of your appointment going wrong.

"Smart people do think very much." You reply, sounding as casual as you can, and Wanda giggles, letting the conversation die down afterwards. You then take a deep breath, trying to remain calm.

You get to the building fast, faster than you'd like, and as you get out of the car and start walking to the entrance, you begin to find it hard to breathe. Wanda, who has begun walking a few steps ahead of you, frowns, and turns to you.

"Are you alright?" she asks, holding your hand, and you nod more energetically than would be necessary. "Of course, it's just a dentist appointment. What could possibly go wrong?" You answer with a nervous chuckle and Wanda flashes you an empathetic smile, giving your hand a squeeze before pulling you toward the building.

But then you have your appointment, and the dentist's next words make your previous statement echo like karma in your mind. "We're gonna have to get your wisdom teeth out."

"What?" you ask immediately, panic evident in your voice even with the dentist's apparatus inside your mouth. Then the dentist starts listing the reasons why you need to extract your tooth, but you can't assimilate a single word, anxiety making your heart beat heavily in your ears.

"Yeah, I'm not gonna do that." You interrupt the dentist, and everyone in the room looks at you in a mixture of confusion and surprise. "Don't be silly, Y/n, you've barely been able to eat these last few days." Wanda argues rationally, but you just shake your head.

"Who needs to eat? I can drink my food from now on." You say almost hysterically, and Wanda frowns. Before she can say anything else, the dentist interrupts, "I'll leave you two to talk while I get things ready."

With that you and Wanda are guided out of the dental office while the dentist walks toward another room further down the hall.

"Are you afraid of the dentist?" Wanda's voice sounds perplexed as she crosses her arms, and you shift your weight on your feet nervously, feeling your hands freeze. You don't answer and the brunette raises her eyebrows, taking your silence as a yes, and you huff, surrendered.

"Okay! I am afraid of the dentist." You admit, looking away embarrassed, but Wanda just keeps looking at you with slightly frowning eyebrows, and then you continue. "It's just uncomfortable, you know? The way they use those weird tools and make you unconscious for procedures... I just don't like it."

Wanda places her hands on your face, looking at you sympathetically as she understands where this fear probably came from. "It's okay." She says, and you close your eyes, taking a deep breath as the warmth of her hands comforts you.

"They won't hurt you. It's for your own good." She assures you, and you sigh, knowing that Wanda is right, and smile back when she smiles at you.

You then sit down in the reception chairs, and before you can even normalize your racing heartbeat, the dentist is calling you again. You stand up with trembling legs.

"Do you want me to come in with you?" Wanda asks as she stands up too, and though you really want to say yes, you shake your head in denial, smiling gratefully at her afterwards. "No need, Wan, thanks. I got this."

"I'm sure you do." She said encouragingly, and then leaned over and deposited a soft kiss on your cheek. You smile shyly at her, your cheek burning where her lips have touched it, and then you walk to the dentist's office, suddenly feeling much more confident.

Wanda watches you with a fond smile, and when the door closes, she sits down in one of the armchairs. The brunette takes her cell phone out of her purse and starts scrolling through some random apps to kill time, but soon shouts get her attention.

"GET THAT THING AWAY FROM ME, YOU PSYCHOPATH!" Your hysterical voice sounds from inside the office and not only Wanda, but all the others around look curiously in the direction where the sound had come from.

"Miss Y/l/n, please calm down-" The dentist's voice is heard next. Loud, yet much calmer and contained than yours, but soon you are speaking again. "CALM DOWN? LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THIS THING! YOU WILL NOT PUT THIS TORTURE DEVICE IN MY MOUTH!"

Wanda listens to the interaction in shock and when the office door opens, revealing one of the dentist's assistants, she unconsciously holds her breath. "Miss Maximoff? Would you come in, please?" Before the woman even finishes asking, Wanda is already getting up and making her way to the office.

"What's going on?!" She asks, looking in shock at you propped against the wall of the room, a stool pointed aggressively in the direction of the dentist. "We're just trying to give her anesthesia." The man replies, tiredly, and Wanda takes a deep breath.

"Y/n, please lie down." She calls out, and you finally look at her. "You'll be fine." She says when you don't move, moving her hands inviting you closer and you do so with hesitation. As you lie back down, Wanda has an idea.

"I was thinking, when we get home we could watch some Harry Potter movie." The brunette suggests, stroking your hair, and smiles as she sees your eyes light up. "Maybe Order of the Phoenix." She adds, and then you grimace.

"Urgh, not the Order of the Phoenix." You complain, almost disgusted, and Wanda giggles. "Why not?" she asks amused. "It's the worst of all!" You say as if it were obvious and Wanda giggles once again. "It's not so bad."

"Of course it is! It has nothing to do with the books! First of all, a lot of important stuff was left out..." As you complain energetically, Wanda casts a meaningful yet discreet glance at the dentist, and the man rushes to take advantage of your moment of distraction to apply the anesthesia to you.

"...And muggles seeing dementors? What the hell was that?" You want to keep talking, but your train of thought gradually gets lost as it becomes increasingly hard to keep your eyes open. When you finally realize what Wanda has done, it's already too late.

-----

A few hours later, Wanda finally managed to get you back to the compound and, with Steve's help, you were now lying in your bed.

"How did it go?" The blond asks as the two of them walk to the bedroom door and Wanda takes a deep breath, remembering the chaos that was at the dentist's office, but prefers not to comment on it. "It was all right," she replies and Steve nods, "but they had to give a high dosage of anesthesia because of the Super Soldier Serum and now she's-"

"I have five fingers!" You announce in a slurred voice, interrupting Wanda's speech, and they both look at you. "Like this." Wanda completes, and Steve lets out a giggle. "Is she going to be okay?"

"Oh shit now I have to count the other hand." Your grumbling is heard before Wanda can answer and she chuckles. "Sure," the brunette says, answering the blonde's question, "I'll take care of her."

With that Steve nods and leaves the room, closing the door behind him, and Wanda turns her attention back to you. When you finally see Wanda lying down beside you, you smile broadly.

"How are you?" she asks softly, and you shrug. "I'm fine, I guess, just a little tired." You reply and Wanda nods, controlling herself very hard not to laugh at the funny way you're speaking.

"This afternoon was pretty scary." You state, your eyes fixed on some point in the room and Wanda hums amusedly in agreement. "But thank you for taking care of me, I wouldn't have made it without you." You say, looking at her, and Wanda smiles, feeling her stomach turn at your intense gaze. "Anytime."

After that you stare at each other for a while, and when Wanda notices you start to widen your eyes slightly, she frowns. "What are you doing?"

"I don't want to blink." You inform, your eyes much wider now, and Wanda laughs. "Oh yeah, and why's that?" The brunette asks amused, and you remain focused on your task as you answer. "Because if I blink I won't see you and I want to see you for as long as I can."

Your answer takes Wanda by surprise, who feels an intense heat settle on her cheeks, but you seem too immersed in your own goal to notice. Until you finally can't resist and blink. "Shit."

Wanda smiles, finding the scene endearing. "Shit! I did it again!" You say as you blink once more and Wanda giggles. "Y/n, it's okay! You can blink, I'm not going anywhere." She informs and you look at her intently. "Promise?"

"I promise." She replies softly and you nod, allowing yourself to blink now. The two of you are silent for a while longer, but then you start to laugh and Wanda looks at you with curiosity. When you notice her gaze on you, you ask. "Wanna know a secret?"

"Sure, I'd love to." She answers in amusement and you look around, as if there's someone there who can't hear said secret, and Wanda giggles. "I really like you." You say finally, and the brunette smiles broadly. "I really like you too."

"No! You don't get it." You complain, making an exaggerated grimace, and Wanda blinks a few times in surprise. Before she can ask, however, you speak again. "I like you, as in I like you, like you."

Faced with your response, Wanda freezes, her heart beating heavily in her chest. "Don't say that, you're under anesthesia." She says, her voice slightly huskier than usual, but you don't seem to notice. "Yeah but I still like you. I liked you before and I still like you now."

"We can talk about this in the morning." Wanda hits back, trying not to sound as hurt as she felt, but then you sigh heavily. "You don't like me, like me."

"I didn't say that." The brunette replies, looking at you, but you're not looking at her, and then you sigh once more. "It's okay if you don't like me, like me. I get it." You say, and the disappointment in your voice makes Wanda's heart ache. "Y/n, I like you, I like you."

"Really?" You ask immediately, raising your hopeful eyes to her, and Wanda lets out a giggle as she nods. "Really." She replies, and you smile broadly, making the brunette's heart flutter. "But try to get some sleep now, okay? You need to rest."

"Okay... Will you stay with me?" You ask with pleading eyes and Wanda smiles as she answers. "Of course."

After that you settle into bed, Wanda hugging you carefully so as not to hurt your mouth, and you snuggling into her, the warmth and smell of her perfume relaxing your body immediately.

You feel like you want to say something, but fall asleep before you can.

-----

You wake up the next day with a pounding head and a throbbing mouth in the place where the surgery was performed.

With a grumble you sit up in bed, immediately bringing your hand to the side of your face. On the nightstand beside the bed you see some pills along with a glass of water, and you take them gratefully.

You sit there for a while, trying to remember what happened after that afternoon, but all you can remember is you out of control threatening the dentist.

But then your bedroom door opens, revealing a pajama-clad Wanda carrying a breakfast tray. Then it hits you, and you stare at her with wide eyes.

"Good morning, Y/n/n." The brunette greets cautiously, placing the tray on the bed and sitting down next to you. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine." You answer slowly, her green eyes making you intimidated like never before. "Listen, Wanda, about what I said last night-"

"Did you mean it?" she interrupts you, and her expectant eyes make your heart beat faster. "Yes," you breath out your answer, a smile forming on your lips as you see relief making itself present in Wanda's features, "pretty much."

"Me too." Wanda answers, an ear-to-ear smile on her lips that makes you giggle happily. She looks at you lovingly for a while, and you reciprocate with ease.

"I really wanted to kiss you now, but I don't think I can." You confess, and the giggle that Wanda lets out makes a broad smile appear on your lips. "It's okay," she replies truthfully, "we can just cuddle for the time being."

"That would be nice." You reply and then lean back against the headboard of the bed, extending your arms to Wanda and indicating for her to lie down with you, which she does with a happy giggle.

You then stay there in silence, Wanda with her arms wrapped around your waist while you run your fingers lovingly along her arm. But then Wanda giggles, and you give her a questioning look. "I just really like you, like you." She says teasingly, and you smile, rolling your eyes.

"I really like you, like you too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 3.2K 39
❝you're so in love that you act insane❞ Wanda Maximoff and Elizabeth Olsen one shot book! (recently added Natasha Romanoff and Scarlett Johansson...
2.5K 99 2
Pietro Maximoff is handsome and popular, but he can't date before his twin sister. The problem is that no one can get close to his sister, Wanda Maxi...
81.8K 2.1K 42
Book 2 Carrying on from suck it up I don't own any marvel content All rights reserved
440K 5.7K 30
Wanda x Y/N One shots Natasha x Y/N One shots Elizabeth Olsen one shots Scarlett Johanson one shots Will be girl x girl Taking requests, would like f...