The Umbrella Academy (Five Ha...

By thelittlewitchbitch

On one day in 1989, 43 infants are inexplicably born to random, unconnected women who showed no signs of preg... More

Cast
Run Boy Run
Extra Ordinary
Man on the Moon
Number Five
The Day That Wasn't
The Day That Was
I Heard A Rumor
Changes
The White Violin
SEASON 2!
Right Back Where We Started
The Frankel Footage
The Swedish Job
The Majestic 12
Valhalla
A Light Supper
Öga For Öga
The Seven Stages
743 & 606
The End of Something
Season 3
Meet The Family
Worlds Biggest Ball Of Twine
Pocket Full Of Lightning
Kugelblitz
Kindest Cut
Marigold
Auf Widersehen
Wedding at the End of the World
Where she would be on posters
Seven Bells
Oblivion
See You Soon
Season 3

We Only See Each Other At Weddings and Funerals

6.5K 75 116
By thelittlewitchbitch

                                                                          Russia 1989

A girl was sitting by the poolside. In a yellow swimsuit and a purple swim cap. She looked to her left to see a boy looking at her. They smiled. A larger woman came in between them to drink water from the fountain in between the two benches and when she left the boy went to sit next to her. They both looked at each other and the boy leaned in for a kiss when the girl stopped him. She laughed but quickly turned to see an angry swimming instructor wave her finger and shake her head. They both turned their heads to look back in the direction of the pool. The girl quickly kissed the boy's cheek and ran to jump in the water. The swimming instructor from before blew her whistle. But the girl never came up for air. The swimming instructor returned to teaching when one woman pointed out blood in the water. The girl in the yellow suit jumped up crying and all the women fled in fear. Except for this time the girl was pregnant.

The girl lay on the ground while all the other women surrounded her helping her give birth. She screamed in pain until finally giving in the child was born.

"On the 12th hour of the first day of October 1989, 43 women around the world gave birth. This was unusual only in the fact that none of these women had been pregnant when the day first began. Sir Reginald Hargreeves, eccentric billionaire and adventurer, resolved to locate and adopt as many of the children as possible."

Reginald Hargreeves was walking through the dimly lit hall of an old apartment. Inside the apartment at the end of the hall was the same girl from the pool holding her bundled-up baby.

"Extraordinary," He said, reaching a finger towards the child "How much do you want for it?"

He Got Eight Of Them

Hargreeves along with 8 strollers and women marched down the streets of the city towards the academy. As they slowed to a stop. He turned around, over looking all eight strollers. Almost smiling at the sight.

                                                                                                TODAY

A young woman walks up to a stool in the middle of a dimly lit stage. Placing her violin on the stool, she carefully opens up the case, taking out the instrument and begins to play a soft melody.

MEET THE FAMILY LOCATION: The Moon NAME: Luther Hargeeves ALIAS: Number One/Space-Boy POWER: Super Strength

LOCATION: Apartment Building NAME: Diego Hargreeves ALIAS: Number Two/ The Kraken POWER: Ability to Ridecrt Objects

LOCATION: Red Carpet Premiere NAME: Allison Hargeeves ALIAS: Number Three/The Rumor POWER: Mind Control

LOCATION: Rehab Center NAME: Klaus Hargreeves ALIAS: Number Four/The Seance POWER: Commune With The Dead

LOCATION: The Umbrella Academy NAME: Robyn Hargreeves ALIAS: Number Eight/The Nightmare Witch POWER: Telekinesis, Reality Distorting, Illusion Creation

LOCATION: Icarus Theater NAME: Vanya Hargreeves ALIAS: Number Seven POWER: None

Vanya, the young woman who was playing the violin, stops and stares into the space. Almost silently astonished. She places her violin back in the case making her way out of the theater. Stopping in front of a TV which has the words 'Reginald Hargreeves Dead'. She looks at it astonished and almost in disbelief

"Dad." She says finally. The soft rain hitting her face.

The next morning Vanya woke up earlier than normal to take a taxi to her old home. As the cab drove, and the drops of rain raced down the window she pondered all the old memories. The house itself was astonishing. In the center of the city, it had looked small from the outside but was giant on the inside. All the pieces of art Reginald had collected from his travels, placed every so nicely. The portraits that lined the halls of seven out of the eight kids, and as they went on Five disappeared, and Ben had passed. Over the fire place a painting of Five sat. Robyn, Vanya's sister had painted it one day during their art studies. Reginald thought it was the perfect tribute to number Five. So their it sat. In the courtyard was a sculpture of Ben. The sibling they had lost at a young age during a mission. The kids never did tell Vanya what happened during that mission. They had kept that to themselves.

The car stopped in front of the academy and Vanya opened the door, looking up at it. And walking to the doors. Pushing open the double glass doors with the umbrella logo, she entered the foyer. Scanning it. The table in the middle. She peaked into the living room to see her mother, Grace, sitting by the fire place.

"Hey mom!" Vanya shyly called out "Mom?"

"Vanya?" A voice called. Vanya turned to the stairs "Your actually here" The woman came into view

"Hey Allison" Vanya quietly smiled. Allison stopped in front of her smiling

"Hey sis!" She stared at her sister before leaning in for a hug. Vanya returned the gesture.

"What is she doing here? You don't belong here. Not after what you did" Diego said walking by

"You're seriously gonna do this today?" Allison asked annoyed "Way to dress for the occasion by the way"

"At least I'm wearing black"

"Maybe he's right I should go," Vanya said

"Forget about him. I'm glad you're here" Allison smiled. The two stared at each other with silence of taking them. Vanya was about to break the silence, when footsteps entered the room. They turned to the set of stairs that lead to the basement. Robyn, walked up. A half eaten sandwich in her hand. She stopped walking and looked at her sisters. The girls studied her. She hadn't aged a day.

After Five disappeared and Ben died something happened to Robyn that Reginald just couldn't put his finger on. She was mentally aging, but physically staying thirteen. Tests and experiments had been run on her for years until Reginald gave up and called her a curse.

Non the less. Here she stood. Her brown hair pulled into a ponytail and her rosy cheeks puffing up as she chewed her food.

"Robyn?" Allison asked relived. Robyn rolled her eyes before storming up the stairs. Allison sighed looking back at Vanya. "Do you think-"

"She still hates you?" Vanya finished. Allison nodded "Don't take it personal. Robyn's never been a people person. I mean, she only ever talked to Klaus and Diego after Five and Ben."

"I just wish I could apologize." Allison sighed

Robyn walked up the stairs and down the hallways of the academy. Her hand running over the walls and she took the last bite of her sandwich. A door opened behind her but she ignored it and kept walking.

"Robyn?" a deep voice called. She turned around and gasped at the sight of, Diego.

"Diego?" She asked putting her hands over her mouth

"Holy shit look at you!" He cried walking over and pulling her into a hug "You haven't aged a day!"

"I missed you!" She cried holding his waist

"I missed you more! How are you?" He asked looking down at her

"I've been better. What about you?"

"Been better" He laughed "Look, why don't you go find Klaus, and we can meet up in a bit. Get the trio back together!"

"Sounds like a plan!" Robyn smiled pulling away. Diego bent down to her ear

"He's in dad's office" She laughed running towards their father's office. As she walked in, stopping

Grace opened the doors to Reginalds office. All eight children stood by the doors in their matching blue pajamas.

"The children are ready for bed sir. They wanted to say goodnight!" She smiled. Reginald continued his work, ignoring both Grace and the kids. She turned back to the kids with a huff "Okay! Come along now children for father's busy!" Five grabbed Robyn's hand dragging her away. Allison stayed put "Come along now Allison, your fathers busy."

"He's always busy!"

Robyn looked at the room in disappointment before seeing Allison and Klaus.

"Klaus?" Robyn laughed. Klaus squealed turning towards the door and clapping running towards Robyn.

"Is that my darling Roby Bear! Robyn! Oh my goodness it's been to long!" Klaus cheered hugging the girl "I missed you so much!"

"I missed you too!" Robyn laughed.

"I just came down here to see you and to make sure the old man was really gone. And he is! Yay! You know how I know? Because not one of us would be allowed to step foot in here. He always sat at his desk plotting his next torture. Remember how he used to look at us? That scowl? Thank Christ he's not our real father so we couldn't inherit those cold, dead eyes! Number Eight! Number Three!" Klaus said

"Get out of his chair." A deep voice said. The three turned their attention to Luther who was standing looking at him.

"Oh, wow, Luther! Wow, you really, uh... You really filled out over the years, huh?" Klaus laughed

"Klaus" Luther said

"Save the lecture. Robyn and I were already leaving." Klaus said walking off. But Luther stopped him

"Drop it."

"Exsqueeze me?" Klaus asked

"Do it. Now."

"All right. All right. It's just an advance on our inheritance! That's all it is. No need to get your little panties in a bunch." Klaus said walking off. Luther turned back

"Robyn!" Luther said. Robyn looked up from her shoes and the tall man in front of her.

Everyone was seated in the living room. Diego and Luther were on one couch, Allison was in a chair, Vanya and Robyn were seated across from the two boys, and Klaus was rummaging through the bar.

"Um... I guess we should get this started. So, I figured we could have a sort of memorial service in the courtyard at sundown. Say a few words, just at Dad's favorite spot." Luther said awkwardly standing up

"Dad had a favorite spot? You know, under the oak tree. We used to sit out there all the time. None of you ever did that?" Luther asked

"Will there be refreshments? Tea? Scones? Cucumber sandwiches are always a winner." Klaus said, walking over to the family holding a glass of alcohol and a lit cigarette.

"What? No. And put that out. Dad didn't allow smoking in here." Luther said

"Is that my skirt?" Allison asked Klaus

"What? Oh, yeah, this. I found it in your room. It's a little dated, I know, but it's very breathy on the bits. I can't fit into Robyn's skirts anymore so I needed to wear yours" Klaus said

"Great to see that something good has come out of me not physically aging," Robyn said

"Listen up. Still, some important things that we need to discuss, all right?"

"Like what?" Robyn asked

"Like the way he died," Luther said

"And here we go," Diego mumbled

"I don't understand. I thought they said it was a heart attack." Vanya said confused

"Yeah, according to the coroner," Luther said

"Well, wouldn't they know?" Robyn asked

"Theoretically."

"Theoretically?" She asked shocked

I'm just saying, at the very least, something happened. The last time that I talked to Dad, he sounded strange." Luther said

"Oh, Quelle surprise!" Klaus said gargling his drink

"Strange how? I've been in this house every day for seventeen years" Robyn asked

"He sounded on edge. Told me I should be careful who to trust."

"Luther, he was a paranoid, bitter old man who was starting to lose what was left of his marbles," Diego said

"No. He must have known something was going to happen. Look, I know you don't like to do it, but I need you to talk to Dad."

"I can't just call Dad in the afterlife and be like, "Dad, could you just... stop playing tennis with Hitler for a moment and take a quick call?" Klaus said

"Since when? That's your thing."

"I'm not in the right... frame of mind."

"He's high" Robyn pointed out

"Yeah! Yeah! I mean, how are you not? Listening to this nonsense?" Klaus laughed

"Well, sober up, this is important. Then there's the issue of the missing monocle."

"Who gives a shit about a stupid monocle?" Diego muttered under his breath

"Exactly. It's worthless. So whoever took it, I think it was personal. Someone close to him. Someone with a grudge."

"Where are you going with this?" Robyn asked

"Oh, isn't it obvious, Robyn? He thinks one of us killed Dad." Diego answered

"You do?" Klaus stated shocked

"How could you- You know what screw you, Luther! Screw you!" Robyn yelled flipping him off and storming out

"Great job, Luther. She hates you more than ever. Way to lead." Diego said as he left to look for his sister.

"That's not what I'm saying."

"You're crazy, man. You're crazy." Klaus said standing up

"Crazy. I've not finished."

"Sorry, I'm just gonna go, murder Mom. Be right back." Klaus said. Allison stood up and left as well and so did Vanya

"That's not what I was saying. I didn't...Allison. Jeez... That went well." Luther said to himself

"In five, four, three, two..."

                                                                                17 YEARS AGO

"This is Jim Hellerman, reporting live for Channel 2 News outside of the Capital West bank at Main and Sixth. A group of heavily armed men stormed the bank not three hours ago and took an unknown number of hostages."

Inside the bank, the leader of the robbers was telling all the others what to do

"Hey, get them behind the counter! Now you've put me in a position where I gotta do something I don't want to do. Hmm? Shit!" He said, slamming his phone shut. A teen-sized Allison walked up next to him calmer than ever.

"Hey, get back with the others." He said to her

"I heard a rumor." She said

"What? What did you say?" He asked leaning closer

"I heard a rumor that you shot your friend in the foot." She said, His eyes turned white as he held up his gun at his friend's foot.

"Hey, dude. What the hell?" The guy asked and then he fell to the floor as he got shot. The leader turned to Allison confused.

"We just heard shots from inside the bank. It's uncertain if any hostages have been harmed in that."

"Up there!"

"There's some movement on the roof. Possibly law enforcement."

Luther came flying down from the ceiling tossing one of the armed robbers out of the bank.

"Looks like one of the armed robbers has been thrown from the bank."

"Guns are for sissies. Real men throw knives." Diego said throwing his knives which redirected to hit a person

"I've been in many hostage situations, like this, and it can escalate very quickly."

"Get back, you freaks." The leader said standing on the top of the counter

"Hey, be careful up there, buddy," Luther said

"Get back now!"

"Wouldn't want you to get hurt." Robyn laughed

"Or what?" Five asked, blinking. He blinked away as the robber shot. Five appeared behind him but was able to slow time down and switch his gun "Ooh! That's one badass stapler!" He slammed the stapler into the man's head as he fell unconsciously to the ground.

"Although there's been no activity for a few minutes, we're gonna stay live on location to make sure we don't miss anything in this hostage situation at the Capital West bank."

"Do I really have to do this?" Ben asked

"Come on, Ben. There's more guys in the vault." Luther said

"I didn't sign up for this," Ben said, walking in. As he used his powers the kids all heard cracking from behind.

"No!" Robyn screamed running to the hostages. She held up her hands creating a blue dome to protect everyone. Once the pieces all fell and they were safe she deactivated her powers.

"Now we see the hostages. They... They're free. They're scared, clearly, but they do seem to be unharmed."

"Can we go home now?" Ben weakly asked walking out. The siblings all walked out.

"People are coming out now. It's not the armed robbers. These are young schoolchildren in uniforms with masks on." Jim Hellerman said

"Lower your weapon!" The police said

"Jim Hellerman, Channel 2 News."

"How did you get in the bank?"

"What happened inside?"

On top of a roof not so far away were Vanya and Reginald observing the situation.

"Why can't I go play with the others?" Vanya asked

"We've been through this before, Number Seven. I'm afraid there's just nothing special about you."

"Oh."

"Our world is changing. Has changed. There are some among us gifted with abilities far beyond the ordinary. I have adopted seven such children. I give you the inaugural class of the Umbrella Academy." He said, stepping to the side. The children were all now wrapped up in matching coats and scarves. Robyn was standing by Diego and Klaus.

"Mr. Hargreeves! Mr. Hargreeves. Channel 9 News. What happened to their parents?"

"They were suitably compensated."

"Are you concerned about the welfare of the children?"

"Of course. As I am for the fate of the world."

                                                                                  Present Day

Klaus was now back in the living room talking to Reginalds ashes and a picture of him

"Listen up, old man. You know, if I was murdered, and if one of my sons... adopted sons... happened to be able to commune with the dead, I might think about, I don't know, I don't know... manifesting! , Do the whole big angry ghost lecture. Tell everyone who done it, and find eternal peace. Eternal peace is probably overrated. Come on now, Reggie. Any time now. Please. Just need to sober up! Clear thoughts." Klaus said but began to get impatient "Come on! Come on, chop-chop! You always were a stubborn bastard! I don't know about you, but I need a drink." He said knocking over the ashes laughing "Oh!"

Luther wandered through the halls and made it to his room looking around. Allison was sitting at her desk in her room, Vanya was sitting on the stairs in the foyer, Diego was in the living room, Klaus was in the kitchen, and Robyn was in her room. Luther found a record and placed it on the record player. I think we're alone now began to play through the entire house.

And then you put your arms around me

And we tumble to the ground And then you say

I think we're alone now

There doesn't seem to be anyone around

I think we're alone now

The beating of our hearts Is the only sound

Now all the siblings were dancing. Luther was dancing very awkwardly, Allison was dancing with a feathered boa, Diego was doing some fun dance moves, Vanya just did her own thing, Robyn was jumping around singing into a hairbrush, and Klaus was swaying back and forth.

Is the only sound

The song was cut short by the sound of a storm outside. Robyn turned to her window and then saw the bracelet that sat on her desk fly to the wall

"Dad?" She asked. All the siblings ran out to the courtyard to see what all the commotion was about. There was a giant blue light in the sky.

"What is it?" Allison asked

"Don't get too close!" Luther said

"Yeah, no shit sherlock," Robyn stated

"Looks like some sort of temporal anomaly. Either that or a miniature black hole. One of the two." Luther said

"Pretty big difference there, Paul Bunyan," Diego said

"Out of the way!" Klaus yelled running out with a fire extinguisher. He sprayed it then threw it at the light.

"What are you... What is that gonna do?" Robyn asked

"I don't know. Do you have a better idea?" Klaus asked running behind everyone

"Whoa, whoa, whoa."

"Everybody get behind me."

"Yeah, get behind us." Diego and Luther both pushed Robyn behind and Klaus grabbed her arm pulling her

"I vote for running, c'mon!" They all looked closely as they saw a person try and push through. Everything stopped once the person fell out of the sky.

"Does anyone else see little Number Five, or is that just me?" Klaus asked

"Wait what?" Robyn asked. She shoved everyone out of the way and froze when she saw Five.

"Shit," he said looking up. He froze when he saw the girl "Robyn?"

"Five" She walked closer to him and stared into his eyes. She placed a hand on his cheek and he smiled. Then she slapped him. Everyone winced looking at what just played out.

"I deserve that," He said, holding his cheek. She smiled and pulled Five into a hug crying

"Sorry to interrupt but we need to talk," Luther said.

They were all seated in the kitchen. Allison and Vanya on one side, Luther and Diego on the other, and then Robyn and Klaus on the table. Klaus was attempting to braid a strand of hair. Five was in front of them making a sandwich

"What's the date? The exact date." Five clarified

"The 24th," Vanya said

"Of what?"

"March," Robyn responded, playing with the ring on her finger. Five looked up at the girl and smiled when he saw the ring

"Good." He smiled

"So, are we gonna talk about what just happened?" Luther asked, "It's been 17 years."

"It's been a lot longer than that." Five said blinking behind him

"I haven't missed that." Luther said

"Where'd you go?" Diego asked

"The future. It's shit, by the way." Five said blinking back to the table

"Called it." Klaus said

"I should've listened to the old man. You know, jumping through space is one thing, jumping through time is a toss of the dice." Five looked at Five "Nice dress."

"Oh, well, Danke! And guess what it's not Robyn's cause she's too tiny!" Klaus said squeezing the girl

"That probably makes her happy" Five responded laughing

"Wait, how did you get back?" Vanya asked

"In the end, I had to project my consciousness forward into a suspended quantum state version of myself that exists across every possible instance of time." Five answered

"That makes no sense," Diego said

"Well, it would if you were smarter." Five said. Diego stood up but Luther stopped him

"How long were you there?"

"Forty-five years. Give or take." Five answered. Luther and Diego sat back down shocked.

"So what are you saying? That you're 58?" Luther asked

"No, my consciousness is 58. Apparently, my body is now 13 again." Five said annoyed

"Wait, how does that even work?"

"Dolores kept saying the equations were off. Eh. Bet she's laughing now."

"Dolores?" Robyn asked, upset. Klaus placed a kiss on Robyn's cheek noticing she was upset

"Hmm. Guess I missed the funeral." Five said, trying to ignore what Klaus just did "How'd you know about that?" Luther asked

"What part of the future do you not understand?" Robyn and Five both asked. They looked at each other. Both completely red

"Heart failure, huh?" Five said trying to stop blushing

"Yeah."

"No."

"Hmm. Nice to see nothing's changed. Robyn darling" Five said, holding out his hand. Robyn took it and carefully slid off the table. Five pulled her out of the kitchen

"Uh, that's it? That's all you have to say?"

"What else is there to say? The circle of life." Five responded

"Well...That was interesting." Luther said. Five blinked the two into his room as they stood in the middle just hugging.

"God I missed you" Five whispered

"I missed you more," Robyn said. Five and her were almost the same height but he beat her by a few inches. Five pulled away from the hug but still held her waist. He placed a hand under her chin. They both leaned in closer until their lips met. Five smiled and so did Robyn. They pulled away and just looked at each other smiling.

"I should probably change," Five said still holding his hand under her chin

"I'll let you do that," Robyn said, backing away. She almost tripped and then walked out, closing the door. Five laughed as he heard her jump up and down outside

Robyn sat down on the stairs when Diego came and sat next to her.

"Your quite red" He teased poking the girl

"Stop" She whined

"What happened?" He asked "Come on we all know I'm your favorite sibling"

"Five and I kissed"

"WHAT?!" Diego squealed.

The family was walking out into the rainy courtyard. Everyone had an umbrella except for Diego and Luther.

"Did something happen?" Grace asked the kids

"Dad died. Remember?" Allison said

"Oh. Yes, of course." She said

"Is mom okay?" Robyn asked

"Yeah, yeah, she's fine. She just needs to rest. You know, recharge." Diego said

"Whenever you're ready, dear boy," Pogo told Luther. He dumped the ashes which lamely and weakly fell to the ground.

"Probably would have been better with some wind," Luther said

"Does anyone wish to speak?" Pogo asked. No one answered. No one could. He was a horrible man "Very well. In all regards, Sir Reginald Hargreeves made me what I am today. For that alone, I shall forever be in his debt. He was my master... and my friend, and I shall miss him very much. He leaves behind a complicated legacy..."

"He was a monster." Diego interrupted. Klaus started laughing "He was a bad person and a worse father. The world's better off without him."

"Diego," Allison said

"My name is Number Two. You know why? Because our father couldn't be bothered to give us actual names. He had Mom do it." Diego said

"Would anyone like something to eat?" Grace asked

"No, it's okay, Mom," Robyn said calmly

"Oh, okay," Grace said

"Look, you wanna pay your respects? Go ahead. But at least be honest about the kind of man he was."

"You should stop talking now," Luther told Diego

"You know, you of all people should be on my side here, Number One. Same with you Number Eight. He tortured you for 17 years of your life!"

"Hey!" Allison yelled at Diego

"I am warning you."

"After everything, he did to you?" Diego said turning to Luther "He had to ship you a million miles away."

"Diego, stop talking."

"That's how much he couldn't stand the sight of you!" Luther swung a punch and Diego dogged it. They kept fighting and everyone just rolled their eyes.

"Boys, stop this at once!"

"Come on, big boy!"

"Stop it!" Vanya yelled

"Hit him! Hit him!" Klaus cheered

"Get off me!"

"I don't have time for this." Five said walking off

"Come here, big boy!" Luther punched Ben's statue which fell to the ground.

"And there goes Ben's statue," Allison said. Everyone turned to Robyn who just angrily walked away. Allison followed.

"Diego, no!" Vanya yelled. Diego threw his knife and it grazed Luther's shoulder. Luther looks at him and storms off. "You never know when to stop, do you?"

"You got enough material for your sequel yet?" Diego asked her

"He was my father, too," Vanya said walking away

"Mom. Let's go inside. Come on. Okay? Come on." Diego said, leading Grace inside. Klaus walked over to the pile of ashes and bent down

"I bet you're loving this. Hmm? The team at its best. It's just like old times." He put out his cigarette in the pile of ashes and walked away "Best funeral ever."

                                                                                 17 YEARS AGO

"Nietzsche once said, "Man is as a rope stretched between the animal and the superhuman.

A rope over an abyss. It is a dangerous crossing, a dangerous looking-back, a dangerous trembling and halting." Reginald closes his book and turns to Vanya who blows her whistle. "As much as you must strive for individual greatness, and strive you must, for it won't come to you of its own accord you must also remember that there is no individual stronger than the collective." Diego and Robyn high five as they pass Luther on the stairs. Five uses his powers and blinks multiple steps ahead.

"That's not fair!" Robyn groans

"Five's cheating!" Diego finishes

"He adapted." Reginald tells the children

"The ties that bind you together - make you stronger than you are alone."

Diego sits in a tattoo chair. Allison is crying while brushing her forearm. Klaus hugs Robyn.

"They will make you impervious to the pain and hardship the world will thrust upon you. And believe me when I tell you, life will be hard." Grace goes to hold Diego's hand but he pulls it away. "It will be painful. We can accomplish anything when we accept responsibility together." Reginald sits on the side of Luther's bed and places wires. "This is what creates trust." He sits in his office recording their sleep. Robyn's a little higher then Five's. Vanya much higher then the rest. "Together, you will stand against the reign of evil."

                                                                                           Present Day

"Don't waste your time." Vanya says as Pogo walks up to her "Diego's right, I shouldn't have come."

"This is your home and always will be. Should I get you a taxi?" He says

"I already called one. But thanks." a horn outside honks "That's me."

"Uh I hope you know your father loved you very much." Pogo tells her "In his own way."

"Yeah, well, that's kind of the problem, isn't it? Take care of yourself." She says

"You as well, Miss Vanya." Pogo smiles watching her walk out and closing the door

Allison walks into the kitchen where Five, Klaus, and Robyn are.

"Where's Vanya?" Allison asks her siblings

"Oh, she's gone." Klaus says strumming a guitar

"That's unfortunate." Five says

"Yeah."

"An entire square block. Forty-two bedrooms, 19 bathrooms, but no, not a single drop of coffee." he places an empty can on the table

"Dad hated caffeine." Allison stated in a 'duh' tone

"Well, he hated children, too, and he had plenty of us." Klaus laughs pushing Robyn.

"We're taking the car." Five says annoyed

"Where are we going?" Klaus asks

"Robyn and I, are going to get a decent cup of coffee." Five says looking at him. Robyn shrugs
"No don't take my Robyn from me!" Klaus groans

"Do you even know how to drive?" Allison asks

"I know how to do everything." He says grabbing Robyn's hand and blinking them out

"I feel like we should try and stop him, but then again, I also just kinda want to see what happens." Klaus laughs

The two blink into the car.

"My stomach is doing flip flops." Robyn groans. Five turns to look at her smiling. "What?" she asks annoyed he shrugs leaning over to kiss her and driving off.

"Where are we going?" She whispered

"A place I missed." He whispers back driving away.

Five and Robyn park in front of their childhood favorite place, Griddy's Donuts. They both walk out of the car closing the doors.

"Why'd you bring me?" Robyn asked

"I missed you." He says smiling at her and holding her hand as they walk inside. They sit down at the counter. Five rings the bell and a man sits down next to them.

"Sorry, sink was clogged. So, what'll it be?" The waitress asked taking out a notebook

"Uh, give me a chocolate eclair." The man says

"Mhm, sure. Can I get the kids a glass of milk or something?" She asks. Five scoffs [SCOFFS]

"The kids wants coffee. Black." He says

"Add ice to mine." Robyn says

"Cute kid." Five and Robyn give her a wide smile "Okay."

"Don't remember this place being such a shithole. We used to come here as kids. Used to sneak out with our brothers and sisters and eat doughnuts till we puked. Simpler times, huh?" Five says turning to the man

"I suppose." he lightly chuckles. The waitress comes back carrying the mans donut, amug for Five, and a iced black coffee for Robyn.

"Here." She smiles.

"I got theirs."

"Thanks." Robyn smiles taking a sip of her coffee

"You must know your way around the city." Five says looking at the patch on the mans vest

"I hope so. I've been driving it for 20 years." He laughs

"Good. I need an address." Five tells him.

The man walks out of the restaurant. Outside stands a person with a tracker.

"Hmm. That was fast. I thought I'd have more time before they found me." Five puzzles. Robyn looks at him wide eyed and confused.

"Okay. So let's all be professional about this, yeah? On your feet and come with us. They want to talk. And lucky for you she's here, so that's less difficult." a man says pointing a gun at five. A few other men stand behind him with guns pointed at Robyn and Five.

"I've got nothing to say." He says. His face scrunches in confusion "What did you say about her?"

"It doesn't have to go this way. You think I want to shoot a kid? Go home with that on my conscience?" The man asks

"Well, I wouldn't worry about that. You won't be going home." Five smiled. He turns to Robyn and winks. She sighs setting down her coffee. The two of them disappear into thin air as the men start shooting. Robyn reappears and uses her powers to fling a plate and one of the men as Five blinked, stabbing another one. Robyn used her hand to hand combat and took out another man. (do the black widow move from Iron Man two)

"That's my girl" Five smiled, taking another sip of his coffee and then blinking to stab another man. Five walked over to the counter and used a knife to pull out a tracker. "You ok?" He asked, placing both hands on her face. She nodded and he kissed her. "Come on I have to tell you and Vanya something" Five blinked himself and Robyn to Vanya's apartment. When they got inside Five sat down in the chair and Robyn sat on the couch across from him. He kept staring into her eyes until the door opened. He turned on the light startling Vanya.

"Jesus guys" she jumped

"You should have locks on your windows"

"I live on the second floor"

"Rapist can climb"

"You are so weird"

"Vanya I've decided you and Robyn Are the only ones I cant trust"

"Why"

"Cause your ordinary" He began. She looked down "Cause you'll both listen"

"Is that blood?"

"It's nothing," He answered. They watched as she went into the bathroom and got medical supplies. Robyn slowly opened her eyes and looked at me and smiled. He placed a delicate kiss on her forehead as her eyes closed again. Vanya came back and helped with her cut.

"When I jumped forward and got stuck in the future, you know what I found?" he asked. Vanya shook her head. "Nothing. Absolutely nothing"

                                                                            THE APOCALYPSE

Five remembers standing in the middle of torn houses and fires all around the place.

"As far as I could tell I was the last person left alive" He continued still in his flashback. He walked over to find a newspaper on the ground and read it.

"I never figured out what killed the human race but I did figure out the date it happens"

                                                                                    Present

Robyn and Vanya both look at each other and then to Five.

"The world ends in eight days" He continued "And I have no idea how to stop it"

"I'll put on a pot of coffee" Vanya said

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.1K 1K 30
"What the hell happend? How did I got here?" "It is okay number eight, you're save here." Fem!reader On October the first 1989,the 12th hour of the d...
65 0 2
~On the 12th hour of the first day of October 1989, 43 women across the world gave birth. This was unusual only in the fact that none of these women...
15K 587 30
"On the twelfth hour of the first day of October nineteen eighty-nine, forty-three women around the world gave birth. This was unusual only in the f...
12.9K 368 41
"A family is forever" In which where number Five and number Eight have two kids while they are stuck in the apocalypse. Or In which Hope and Aaron Ha...