PROMPTS

musingsbymaia tarafından

A collection of short stories or one-shots on RiRi/Dooly/BinJin. FICTION. Photos are not mine. Daha Fazla

Guardians
Guardians - 2
Guardians - 3
Guardians - End
Elf
Stranger in my Bed - 1
Stranger in my Bed - 2
Stranger in my Bed - 3
Stranger in my Bed - 4
Stranger in my Bed - 5
Stranger in my Bed - 6
Stranger in my Bed - 7
Stranger in my Bed - 8
Stranger in my Bed - 9
Stranger in my Bed - 10
Stranger in my Bed - End
...
Coffee Lover - 1
Coffee Lover - 2
Coffee Lover - 3
Coffee Lover - 4
Coffee Lover - 5
Coffee Lover - 6
Coffee Lover - 7
Coffee Lover - 8
Coffee Lover - 9
Coffee Lover - End
Bad Omens - 1
Bad Omens - 2
Bad Omens - 3
Bad Omens - 4
Bad Omens - 5
Bad Omens - 6
Bad Omens - 7
Bad Omens - 8
Bad Omens - 9
Bad Omens - 10
Bad Omens - End
Of Mergers and Marriages - 1
Of Mergers and Marriages - 2
Of Mergers and Marriages - 3
Of Mergers and Marriages - 4
Of Mergers and Marriages - 5
Of Mergers and Marriages - 6
Of Mergers and Marriages - 7
Of Mergers and Marriages - 8
Of Mergers and Marriages - 9
Of Mergers and Marriages - 10
Of Mergers and Marriages - 11
Of Mergers and Marriages - 12
Of Mergers and Marriages - 13
Of Mergers and Marriages - 14
Of Mergers and Marriages - 15
Of Mergers and Marriages - 16
Of Mergers and Marriages - 17
Of Mergers and Marriages - 18
Of Mergers and Marriages - 19
Of Mergers and Marriages - End
Of Mergers and Marriages - Epilogue
Dae-sik x Cha Mi-jo
Dae-Sik x Cha Mi-jo (2)
Dae-Sik x Cha Mi-jo (3)
Dae-Sik x Cha Mi-jo (4)
Dae-Sik x Cha Mi-jo (5)
Dae-Sik x Cha Mi-jo (End)
Eternal (One-shot)
Economics and Mr. Ri (1)
Economics and Mr. Ri (2)
Economics and Mr. Ri (3)
Economics and Mr. Ri (4)
Economics and Mr. Ri (5)
Economics and Mr. Ri (6)
Economics and Mr. Ri (7)
Economics and Mr. Ri (8)
Economics and Mr. Ri (9)
Economics and Mr. Ri (10)
Economics and Mr. Ri (11)
Economics and Mr. Ri (12)
Economics and Mr. Ri (13)
Economics and Mr. Ri (14)
Economics and Mr. Ri (14.5)
Economics and Mr. Ri (The End)
The Pianist
In Pursuit of Happiness
In Pursuit of Happiness - 2
In Pursuit of Happiness - 3
In Pursuit of Happiness - 4
In Pursuit of Happiness - 5
In Pursuit of Happiness - 6
In Pursuit of Happiness - 7
In Pursuit of Happiness - 8
In Pursuit of Happiness - 9
In Pursuit of Happiness - 10
In Pursuit of Happiness - 11
In Pursuit of Happiness - 12
In Pursuit of Happiness - 13
In Pursuit of Happiness - 14
In Pursuit of Happiness - 15
In Pursuit of Happiness - 16
In Pursuit of Happiness - 17
In Pursuit of Happiness - 18
In Pursuit of Happiness - 19
In Pursuit of Happiness - 20
In Pursuit of Happiness - 22
In Pursuit of Happiness - 23
THE End - Happiness
Special Chapter - The Honeymoon
Epilogue - Through Hoon's Eyes
Hands
Appa
In good times and in bad
Mission: Impossible
Runaway
I would runaway with you
I Was Born to Love You

In Pursuit of Happiness - 21

1.1K 118 21
musingsbymaia tarafından

Reposted: I am no longer reposting the parts where they went into another mission so I did some rewrites to this.

----

Cha Mi-jo met up with Jang Joo Hee in her coffee shop after work. It was mid-week and Dae-sik needed to work late at the office to wrap up the case he worked with Detective Im Cheol-Ryung and Min Tae Gu. Hoon was with Cha Mi-jo's parents spending the night.

"Why do you have such a long face?" Jang Joo Hee asked when she served her friend's coffee.

Cha Mi-jo pouted. "Because I'm annoyed with Dae-sik."

"He still won't sleep with you?" Joo Hee teased.

Mi-jo rolled her eyes. "I told you why... but yes, I'm a little annoyed about that. However, that's not my main issue."

"Then, what is?"

Cha Mi-jo crossed and uncrossed her arms, unsure how to tell her friend of her concern. "It's just... well... we already talked about getting married."

"Uh-huh?"

"Well, I haven't said anything to him because of everything that happened. But, he's better now and there's been no conversation about the wedding," Mi-jo shared.

"Have you brought it up?" Joo Hee asked.

Cha Mi-jo pouted. "I don't want to sound desperate."

Joo Hee rolled her eyes. "Aren't you desperate to marry him?"

Cha Mi-jo stayed quiet. She was, it was pointless to deny. She had fallen so deeply in love with Dae-sik that it feels like being in love for the first time. He was a good man who wanted to do good for mankind in general, and was doing great as a partner to her, and a son to his parents. Above all, he loved Hoon and was an excellent role model and a present father to her son.

Losing Chan-young and then having those few days of not knowing if Dae-sik will survive, reminded Cha Mi-jo about how fragile life is and how easily it could end so she did not waste any second more.

But, she also feared the rejection.

Maybe Dae-sik changed his mind? After all, she handled the situation with her ex so badly that it led to their breakup. Though they had discussed and improved on their relationship, she wondered if her bad decisions would still factor in their future.

Joo Hee had been staring at her long enough to see the play of emotions on her face. "He won't reject you, Mi-jo-ah. Dae-sik is as in love with you as you are with him."

Cha Mi-jo met her gaze. "Do you think so?"

Joo Hee nodded. "Why do you think he's putting so much effort in that garden of yours?"

Mi-jo couldn't help but smile, thinking of the week of effort Dae-sik had put in to building and tending to their garden that was now shaping up. He even took classes on gardening and was reading numerous books on how best to grow different kinds of plants. "We have three flowers growing already. Can you believe it? Hoon thinks it shows the three of us."

"If Hoon believes it, then I believe it," Joo Hee said.

A wistful smile crept up Cha Mi-jo's face. "Do you know that all his teachers say he's doing so well? Even our new friend, Teacher Soo-ah."

"He's doing great because you and Dae-sik are amazing parents," Joo Hee complimented loyally. "You are such an amazing mother to that boy, Cha Mi-jo."

Mi-jo touched her heart. "I love him so much, Joo Hee. Hoon makes my life complete. I'm so happy I chose a good partner to be his father."

Joo Hee nodded. "Good. Now, what do you need to finally marry that man of yours?"

Cha Mi-jo smiled and hugged her best friend. "Joo Hee?"

"Hmmm?"

"You do know that I have a lot of new friends now, right?" Mi-jo started.

"I know and I'd understand if you want them to be part of your wedding," Joo Hee said, graciously. "I love you, Cha Mi-jo. I don't need a role in your wedding. I just want to see you happy."

Mi-jo hugged Joo Hee again. She was always so gracious and it was time that Mi-jo showed her how important their friendship was. "I'd like you to be part of my wedding. I know bridesmaids are not usual here in our country but... I would like you to be a bridesmaid. The only bridesmaid. I love my new friends but you're very important to me, Joo Hee. I wouldn't be here without you."

"Oh, Mi-jo-ah! I would love to!" Jang Joo Hee said, hugging her friend.

"Just don't be too pretty," Mi-jo teased. "Don't steal the attention away from me."

"I'll try," Joo Hee teased. "But I can't promise." Pulling back to gaze at Mi-jo's face, she whispered, "You're getting married! Oh, how I miss Chan-young. I wish she could see you as a bride."

"I know," Cha Mi-jo said. "But I think I bugged her a lot when Dae-sik was missing in his last mission. I kept saying that if she saw Dae-sik anywhere near her, she should kick him out so that he could come home to us."

Joo Hee laughed. "Knowing Chan-young, she would have done so."

"I miss all three of us," Mi-jo sighed.

"I know," Joo Hee said. "Now, for your proposal..."

*

"Eomma, I'm so nervous."

Cha Mi-jo and Hoon had been preparing for this moment for two days. Mi-jo and Joo Hee did most of the preparations for the past week and let Hoon in on the secret when Dae-sik told them he would have to leave for a two-day training in Busan.

The house was filled with different kinds of flowers in the vases, fairy lights placed in the living room area and the garden was prepared for their al fresco dinner cooked by Hyun Jin-heon, the restaurateur they were now friends with because of the Mins.

"Me too," Cha Mi-jo said, holding Hoon's hand.

Mi-jo had to explain to Hoon,  in terms he could understand, why she wanted to get married to Dae-sik. Although they could already feel it in their hearts, there were reasons why it was important to also make it legal. Part of it was for Dae-sik to adopt Hoon.

"Eomma?"

"Yes, Hoonie?"

"What if Appa says no? What if he changed his mind?" Hoon asked, voicing out the fears Mi-jo also had.

"Then, we have to talk to him to understand why. If we can't change his mind, then we will move on," Cha Mi-jo explained with a courage she wasn't sure she had. But, she had to be strong.

Hoon exhaled and nodded in understanding. "Okay, Eomma. But my heart says it will be okay."

"Then, we just have to ask, Appa."

Ask.

That was all they had to do but still both were nervous.

When the door opened, Mi-jo and Hoon welcomed Dae-sik happily.

"Hi!"

"Appa!"

Dae-sik's eyes widened in surprise upon taking in the set-up. "Hey! The place looks great!"

"Because we have an important question, Appa!" Hoon said, dropping the surprise a little too early for Mi-jo's liking. However, here they are.

Mi-jo blushed at Dae-sik's gaze. "Jagi?"

"Let's go outside! Eomma prepared the peas there!" Hoon said.

"Peas?" Dae-sik asked.

Hoon shrugged. "I dunno. Eomma said she prepared a peas."

"Speech, Hoonie. Speech," Cha Mi-jo corrected.

"Is that a green food, too, Eomma?"

"Uh, no. It's something I have to say," Cha Mi-jo stated, eyes darting to Dae-sik.

"Oh, okay," Hoon shrugged again. "As long as it's not yucky food."

As they settled at the table, Mi-jo started with some small talk. "How was your training? I hope this is not too taxing for you."

"Not at all," Dae-sik assured. "It was light today and we were able to leave early, which is a good thing. It's nice to come home to this surprise."

"I missed you, Appa," Hoon said, starting to dig into his food. "I always miss you when you go away."

"I'm sorry, Buddy," Dae-sik said. "You do know that I will come back, right?"

"Yes," Hoon assured. Like he often does, Hoon leaned into his father's arm and smiled up. "I know you'll come home to Eomma and me. It's okay, Appa. This time is okay because Eomma and me could plan this surprise."

"Yes, uh, well," Cha Mi-jo cleared her throat. It was as good an opening as any. Clearing her throat again, she finally started, "Dae-sik, we... we discussed before that we wanted to make us official, you gave me to think. I haven't said it out loud but I believe my actions show that I have said yes."

Dae-sik nodded but stayed silent.

Hoon stared at his mother. He was told of what this evening would mean, but right now, his mother's words were too confusing for him but he promised to ask questions later.

"Almost losing you was terrifying," Cha Mi-jo continued, her voice starting to break. "When Chan-young died, I had a little time to say goodbye to her and at least prepare for her passing. But with you... I realized, I didn't want a permanent goodbye when our life together hadn't started yet."

"Mi-jo, I'm sorry. I won't put you through that again," Dae-sik said.

"I know, but I don't want you to give up your passion. I told you, I'd support you," Cha Mi-jo said. "The world needs more good men like you and I won't be selfish. But I don't want to waste any more time... I want to start building on this. On us."

Dae-sik's eyes widened. Yes, they agreed to marry but was she bringing this up now in front of Hoon. Did that mean that she finally had an answer for his second question?

"I don't have the best words. I think I've told you many times before how lucky I feel that you're the partner I have because you're a great father to Hoon, but I don't think I've told you enough about how you are to me," Mi-jo said.

"You make me feel special. Everything seems more vivid with you. Every flower reminds me of you," Mi-jo emphasized, alluding to an issue they encountered before. "I thought I would never feel alive again when Chan-young died, but meeting you changed that. I still miss her but you make me look forward to waking up daily."

"Oh, that sounds nice, Eomma," Hoon encouragingly said.

"Thank you, Hoonie," Mi-jo acknowledged before continuing. "You make me happy, pissed off, thrilled and many other emotions everyday. But... you also make me feel... content and quiet... and in a turbulent life like mine, you don't know how important those are."

"When Hoon came into my life, he's become my light," Mi-jo said, looking at the little boy who gave her a purpose. Then, turning back to face the love of her life, she continued, "You? You're my fire."

Sliding her hand across the table to clasp Dae-sik's, Mi-jo asked, "Dae-sik? Let's get married. Please?"

Hoon jumped up, knowing this was his cue. "Will you be my Appa on paper, too?"

Dae-sik's eyes widened as Mi-jo presented him with the application form to adopt their son. "Hoon and I talked about it and we would love it if he would officially be... PARK Hoon. He's been practicing writing his new name so... if it's okay... can we make this official?"

Dae-sik had no words. So this was how it felt when your dreams were coming true. He pulled Hoon and Mi-jo onto his lap and hugged them tightly. "YES. Of course, yes!"

For the next few minutes, their little family exchanged hugs and kisses and wiped their tears before they repeated the process all over again. Sometimes there were no words to express how happy one is. It could only be gleaned from the gazes shared and the touches exchanged.

"I'm going to be a husband and officially a father!" Dae-sik whispered, looking at the adoption papers he had to fill up.

Hoon tapped his mother's shoulder. "My heart is right. Appa said yes to us, Eomma!"

"I know, Hoonie. Are you happy we'll become a family now?"

Hoon wrinkled his nose. "We already are a family, Eomma. But I'm glad the world will know." Hugging Cha Mi-jo tightly, "Thank you for building our family, Eomma! Thank you for choosing me."

"Oh, Hoon. You're such a great son," Cha Mi-jo stated. "Thank you for being MY son."

Hoon giggled. "I'm yours and Appa's son, Eomma." As they hugged again, Hoon whispered, "Thank you for choosing a great Appa for me, Eomma. I love you very, very, very much."

When they lay in bed, still with smiles on their faces, Hoon asked his parents, "So, what's next?!"

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

916K 31.7K 19
Ronald Gidwani, a billionaire, who is also a single father, finds love again when he meets Raina, The Queen Of His Heart.
10.3M 237K 39
they met at therapy; therapy for sex addicts. (cover by elle)
7.5M 116K 34
"Beatrice, you sit in row 3, seat one, and Harry you will be row 3, seat two." Little did I know that those words would change my life forever. [DO...
17.6M 514K 45
Stella escapes from her abusive brother and runs into the woods, hoping to survive. After a while of being chased down, she finally finds a house dee...