Match Made At Punishment

By AmberBhasin

Sana is the typical, rich, spoilt brat with everything a person could possibly dream of. What will happen whe... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Thank You🙏

Part 25

695 95 33
By AmberBhasin

Sana's P.O.V. 

I cleaned the kitchen and was leaving the home at half nine to meet Sidharth when Sharad stopped me asking, "Where are you going?" "I am going to the market to get some vegetables," I said. "But your eyes haven't healed properly as yet and the sun is bright," he said. "It's ok. I have my sunglasses," I said. "I'll come with you," he said. "No!" I exclaimed abruptly, "I won't be long and besides, if you come with me, I won't learn anything. I'll be back soon. Bye!" Saying that, I dashed out and crossed the street. I entered the clinic and Neha frowned at me. I looked at the time and it was half nine. With my biggest smirk, I walked up to the counter but before I could say anything, she said, "Sid is busy. He has a lot of appointments today and he won't meet you unless you are a patient with an appointment. Now leave before wasting anyone's time." "Relax. I won't waste his time. I have an appointment for half nine," I said. "What do you mean...?" She asked looking at the diary. "Daljeet Kaur," I said stretching my hand forward. She glared at me. "You lied," she said. "I did not. My eyes are really burning and hazy," I said. "You..." she said gritting her teeth but stopped when Sidharth called her and asked for the next patient. One man left the office and before she could hang up the phone, I ran inside. Sidharth looked at me taken aback as I sat down in front of him. Neha came running behind but Sidharth sent her back out. Smiling, I sighed and said, "Hey doc." "Sana, I have an appointment with a patient now. You can't just barge into my office like this," he said. Smiling, I said, "I know you have an appointment with Daljeet Kaur." He narrowed his eyes at me and understood by himself with my devious smile that she was none other than me. "What is this about?" He asked. "My eyes are really burning. They are hazy and I can't see anything properly," I said. 

"That's normal. You will be good in a few hours. Just keep instilling the eyedrops I gave you," he said with a neutral face. "Right. But aren't you going to flash the light thingy in my eyes and check me?" I asked. "Sana, I have already checked you," he said. "But what about follow ups?" I asked. "There is no special need. But if you are insisting, I will come tonight and check you," he said. I frowned at his indifferent behaviour towards me. "Why are you ignoring me?" I asked. "I'm not," he said. "Sidharth, don't act with me anymore. Tell me what's wrong? What is it that is bothering you?" I said. "Sana, I have a lot of patients waiting for me. Don't waste their time. Please, I promise you that I will talk to you tonight," he said. "Does this mean that I have to think the entire day what is it bothering you? What if I don't live to see tonight? I will die without knowing?" I said. "Shut up Sana," he said snapping at me, "Stop your childish behaviour. Enough with your foolishness. I told you that I will tell you tonight so just leave and let me meet my patients." My eyes welled up and I felt hurt. "Sidharth..." I started but he said, "Go!" I got up and left the office. Instead of going back to the home, I went to the market and bought the vegetables. I wore my sunglasses more to hide my tears than the sunlight as I walked along the road. Again, I didn't bargain. Even if I wanted to try, I wasn't in any mood for anymore quarrelling so I paid the price the vendor called and left.

Sidharth's P.O.V. 

I was going crazy with my feelings. Yes, I was avoiding her. I knew that even if I felt something for her, our relationship would have no future because she wouldn't remain here and I won't leave here. She's only here for two more weeks and then she will leave. It's better to hurt her now and kill any feelings she might develop than leaving here with a broken heart in a few days. I know it might sound stupid if I told anyone but she means a lot to me and if avoiding her from feeling hurt will increase mine, I will take it. I don't want anything else but for her to be happy. It's already hard for me to keep avoiding her like this but, it's for her. As I was seeing my patient, I heard some ruckus outside and tried to ignore it to concentrate on my current patient but Sharad rushed into my office, covered with blood and broke news to me that made me feel like my world was crashing down, "Sid, Sana just got hit by a car! She's in a terrible state! Please come and see her!" My heart stopped for a while and I felt as if I would vomit my insides anytime soon. I dropped everything and ran outside to see a crowd of people surrounding Sana. She laid on the side of the road with vegetables all around her and drenched in her own blood. Her eyes were wide open, as if she was in shock and she panted for breath. It took me a few seconds to register anything before I could react. "Sana!!" I screamed as I ran to her. I held her with my hands trembling and my brain unable to think. "Sid, we need to get her to the car," Sharad said. All the ladies from the home were crying hysterically as they gathered around her. I picked her up and sat in the back seat of my car as Sharad rushed us to the hospital. She looked up at me with blood flowing from her head. My eyes welled up with tears as I began getting more and more scared. "Sana," I said cupping her face, "I'm sorry. Don't leave us. Don't leave me. I'm sorry." 

My tears dropped on her face. Her eyes began to close but I couldn't allow that. Rubbing her cheeks, I tried to keep her awake saying, "No! Don't sleep. Listen to me Sana, you can do it. Don't sleep. You can do it. You have to fight it Sana. You have to live." I began to feel frustrated and impatient and yelled at Sharad, "Hurry up! Why are you taking so long?" "We are almost there. Hold on. Two minutes," he said. "Heck! We don't have two minutes Sharad speed the car!" I yelled. I looked at Sana as her eyes were closing. "No, no, no, Sana, don't close your eyes. We're almost there. Just hold on," I said. I held her in my arms and hugged her tightly. "We're here," Sharad said. He stopped the car and ran inside the hospital to get a stretcher. "Sana, we are here. Just hold on," I said. He brought back the stretcher with two ward boys and we took her out of the car. We rushed her inside and I held onto her hand however, I had to let go when she was rushed into the room. Dr. Sharma, a known doctor to me, came and took her case. "Dr. Sharma, please save her. Please, I beg you. Save her," I said folding my hands in front of him and breaking down. "Don't worry Sidharth, we will try our best," he said. He went into the room and I stood by the door, looking at her. "Don't lose hope Sid, nothing will happen to her," Sharad said holding my shoulders. I closed my eyes, unable to see her in this state. I turned away from her and sat down. Her words kept coming to my head, 'What if I don't live to see tonight?' I covered my ears and cried. "Sidharth, Sharad," everyone said running to us. "What happened? What did the doctor say?" Roopa Maasi asked. "Don't worry. Nothing will happen to her. The doctor is seeing her," Sharad said. I sat with my face in my palms. "Sidharth," Roopa Maasi said sitting next to me, "You have to save her. You have to save our Sana." 

Her words burdened me more. I can't stand to even see her like this, how can I save her? Again, her words came back to me, 'Even if something worse happens to me tomorrow, you will be here to save me.' I removed my face from my palms and got some strength to face this. I wiped away my tears and got up. Although I wasn't authorised to attend to any patient in this hospital, I was willing to take the risk and see her. I entered the room but Dr. Sharma instructed me to go out. "Dr. Sharma, please, let me help. I need to do this," I said. "But Sidharth, you know the rules," he said. "Then, let me be your scrub at least. Please," I said pleading. "Ok," he said. I quickly wore some scrubs and washed my hands and got to work. I helped in cleaning her wounds and stitches. She got back her X-ray scans and she had a broken bone in her wrist and two broken ribs. I helped Dr. Sharma with the surgery and when it was successful, I went out and broke the news to everyone. They rejoiced and thanked God. I went back and changed as they shifted her to a room for observation overnight. Dr. Sharma came and met me. Extending his hand, he said with a smile, "I don't need to tell you anything. You know your work. But I must say, this girl isn't ordinary. She's lucky to have you. Don't lose her. Everyone saw how special she is to you." I simply nodded and went back outside. It was evening already. "Maasi," I said going up to everyone, "You all can go home. I will remain with Sana. She won't wake up for the night so you all don't have to remain. Go home and rest." "But Sid, look at you. You are covered in blood," Sharad said. "Just do me one favour now, can you go home and grab some clean clothes for me?" I asked. He nodded. Everyone left and I went into the room. As I looked at Sana unconscious on the bed, I realised what losing her is like. Seeing her fighting against death made me feel like my life was leaving me. I now realise how big a fool I was being by avoiding her. I can't, I don't want to ever imagine my life without her. My life is now connected with hers. I went and sat next to her and gently held her hand. I kissed her knuckles and kept her hand in mine. Sharad brought back my clothes and food and I changed. He took the dirty clothes back and I sat down and ate. I woke as long as I could, looking at her until I fell asleep. 

The next morning, I woke up with someone shaking me. I found myself on the sofa in the hospital room and saw Sharad. I rubbed my eyes and looked at Sana. "Sid, I think you should go home and take a bath. I am here, I'll wait with Sana until you return," he said. I nodded and took my car keys from him. I left the hospital and went back home. The blood of Sana was still on the pavement and the horrific sight flashed before me making me shiver. I quickly went inside and took a bath. I went across to the home and everyone were sitting, depressed and sad. I went and sat next to Roopa Maasi and held her hand as she cried. "Maasi, don't worry. Sana is fine. In a few weeks, Sana will be back here doing everything like normal," I said. "Her sentence has only two weeks remaining. We don't know how long it will take for her to recover completely," she said. "I didn't think about this," I said softly. "Don't worry. We will think about this later. Let Sana recover first. I'm going to the hospital, I'll call you all on any updates," I said. As I was leaving the home, I saw Viren uncle by the gate, looking at something. "Uncle, what happened?" I asked. "Sid, I know who hit Sana," he whispered to me. I frowned. "Who?" I asked. "That car," he said pointing towards Megha's house. I looked at the car parked outside her house and clenched my fists. "Also, after the accident, when we were coming to the hospital, I saw Neha talking to the person inside the car. I couldn't see the face of the person," he said. My blood boiled as I stormed over to the house.

_____________________

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed that update! Literally, although I wrote the chapter, re-reading it made me so nervous and anxious at Sana's accident that my heart was racing. Let me know if you felt the same. Please vote, comment and share my story! Also a huge thank you for 4000+ reads! Until next time! Bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.7K 1.5K 14
Fun times in Punjab.. Sana's hometown... filled with family..fun..food...mischief and bucket full of romance Considering the MSK has wrapped up ans s...
1.1M 98K 175
Mine Series (Book1) If you want to read something cute and full of love. Then read this book. You gonna love it. A unique and different character of...
8.3K 1K 16
∆Caution : Before you start reading, This story is not at all a lovey dovey love story, it has reality, content that might hurt you. Hence,Read only...
52.8K 6K 28
Sidharth Shukla is a 39-year-old businessman who is successful, very wealthy, upper class and a complete workaholic. He heads a business empire start...