Kanao Can't Communicate

By m0chii-

When a person has extreme social anxiety, they struggle to communicate with others. Bear in mind, they only s... More

•~chapter one: crossing paths~•
•~chapter two: friends~•
•~chapter three: change of plans~•
•~chapter four: over the top~•
•~chapter five: zenitsu agatsuma~•
•~chapter six: it's a misunderstanding~•
•~chapter seven: cell phones~•
•~chapter eight: the physical exam and the student council~•
•~chapter nine: ramen~•
•~chapter ten: clothes shopping~•
•~chapter eleven: haircut~•
•~chapter twelve: summer begins, the pool awaits~•
•~chapter thirteen: summer festival~•
•~chapter fourteen: video games~•
•~chapter fifteen: an emergency...study session?~•
•~chapter sixteen: country girl~•
•~announcment!~•
•~chapter seventeen: girl talk~•
•~author's birthday q&a!~•
•~chapter eighteen: sports festival~•
•~chapter nineteen: photo booth~•
•~chapter twenty: the class president's job~•
•~chapter twenty-one: typhoon~•
•~chapter twenty-two: what should we do for the culture festival?~•
•~chapter twenty-three: preparing for the culture festival~•
•~chapter twenty four: the culture festival~•
•~chapter twenty-five: afterparty~•
•~chapter twenty-six: karaoke~•
•~chapter twenty-eight: winter's arrival~•
•~chapter twenty-nine: cat cafe~•
•~chapter thirty: the end of term exams~•
•~chapter thirty-one: games, sweet potatoes, memories~•
•~chapter thirty-two: fun in the snow~•
•~chapter thirty-three: hanafuda~•
•~chapter thirty-four: new year at the shrine~•
•~chapter thirty-five: a cold~•
•~chapter thirty-six: what really happened~•
•~chapter thirty-seven: groups for the field trip~•
•~chapter thirty-eight: the fieldtrip begins~•
•~chapter thirty-nine: mitsuri makes her return~•
•~chapter fourty: free day~•
•~chapter fourty-one: the yo-yo and the night after~•
•~chapter fourty-two: second night~•
•~chapter fourty-three: the train ride home~•
•~chapter fourty-four: chocolate making~•
•~chapter forty-five: friendship day~•
•~chapter forty-six: the kind girl who is also a demon~•
•~chapter forty-seven: too sweet~•
•~chapter forty-eight: prep for white day~•
•~chapter forty-nine: the struggles of white day~•
•~chapter fifty: eraser drop~•
•~chapter fifty-one: new year, same me~•
•~chapter fifty-two: strange~•
•~chapter fifty-three: hay fever~•
•~chapter fifty-four: bowling~•
•~chapter fifty-five: athletics~•
•~chapter fifty-six: sweat~•
•~chapter fifty-seven: summer vacation to-do list!~•

•~chapter twenty-seven: feelings~•

595 26 47
By m0chii-

"Who can answer this question, the one that is written right here on the board?"

Surprisingly, everyone's hand shot into the air. Mind you, not everyone knew the answer; all they wanted was extra credit points from their favorite history teacher, Rengoku Kyojuro.

Rengoku ignored all the flailing hands in the air as his piercing gaze fell upon Kanao, who was fidgeting in the back.

"Tsuyuri, can you answer the question?" Rengoku said enthusiastically. Kanao gave a little jolt, and she looked down at her lap, not knowing what to say.

Perhaps Rengoku felt the little twinge of awkwardness that filled the room, so he quickly looked around and asked Zenitsu to give him the answer.

Kanao jolted again when she saw that Rengoku chose a different student to answer the question. She looked down at her lap and she began to squirm. Tanjiro, of course, noticed this, due to his caring and worry for Kanao.

"Erm...Kanao~san, Rengoku-sensei wasn't trying to bully you or anything." Tanjiro said in what he thought to be a reassuring tone. "He just noticed that you felt, well, uncomfortable!"

Kanao gave a slight nod at these words, but someone had been watching their entire exchange.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

When it was time for the class break, all the students just milled around the classroom, occasionally coming to a stop to chat with friends.

This was also the case with Tanjiro, Kanao, Inosuke, and Zenitsu. While Inosuke and Zenitsu bickered over who knows what, Tanjiro felt an odd presence staring at his back.

He turned around to see one of his classmates, Enatsu Chiasa. Her eyes were looking in Kanao's direction, and her eyes looked oddly sparkly.

Tanjiro sweatdropped, as he could practically hear her thinking, So, Tanjiro~san can read minds, huh? That gives me a fabulous idea!

•~•~•~•~•~•~•

After Kanao had headed off to change for P.E, Tanjiro turned to Chiasa and he said, "Was there something you needed, Chiasa-san?"

Chiasa flinched when her name was called, but she immediately regained her composure.

"Tanjiro-san! I noticed you are Kanao~san's best friend," she began, oblivious to the fact that Tanjiro had blushed. "And you know a lot about how she feels, and it's like you can read her mind!"

"Uh-huh," Tanjiro said. He sweatdropped, wondering when Chiasa would just get to the point.

"Uh, so can you teach me how to read Kanao~san's feelings, since I want to be her friend too?" she said quickly. Tanjiro nodded, but he suddenly felt an ominous presence behind him.

He turned around to see none other than Shinobu. She was clutching a heavy stack of documents, and she looked...scary and angry.

"Ara? You can read my sister's mind?" Shinobu said threateningly, as she placed her hand on Tanjiro's shoulder. "Teach me how you do it, since I'm her sister and I should know her the best!"

She finished this last sentence and she dug her nails a little deeply into Tanjiro's shoulder. Tanjiro, who was obviously worried for his future well-being, said, "Of...of course I'll teach you, Shinobu-san. Meet me and Chiasa-san in the auditorium after a few minutes."

•~•~•~•~•~•~•

During P.E, Chiasa, Tanjiro, and Kanao were hitting a volleyball around as Shinbou watched from the sidelines.

Suddenly, the P.E teacher, Tomioka Giyuu, blew his whistle. The blow made a sharp sound reverberate throughout the echoey gym, making some students jump and cover their ears.

"Pick up the volleyballs and bring them back to the storage closet!" Tomioka yelled, causing many students to scramble.

Kanao walked off to try and pick up a volleyball. Chiasa, Tanjiro, and Shinobu watched as her classmates insisted that she take a break from picking up, although she hadn't picked up at all.

"So here." Tanjiro said, gesturing to the unmoving Kanao. "What is she thinking here?"

Thanks guys! I don't need to pick up...and where's my bestie, Chiasa?

Chiasa had suddenly pulled a whiteboard out of thin air and she wrote that message. Tanjiro shook his head, much to her disappointment. He was also confused as to where Chiasa got the whiteboard.

Shinobu wrote, It's fine. I can always help Shinobu-neesan later when she needs help picking up things in her room.

Tanjiro shook his head. He was seriously confused that Shinobu had a whiteboard as well.

"Erm, both of you are incorrect. The answer was, I wanted to pick up too." he said, much to Shinobu and Chiasa's surprise and indignation.

•~•~•~•~•~•

When Chiasa and Tanjiro had both finished changing, Shinobu was still following them and she was arguing that Kanao might not have wanted to pick up at all.

They all watched as Inosuke approached Kanao.

"Janao!" he yelled. "I need your electronic dictionary to do some work! Also, give me a peek at your notes!"

Kanao nodded. For the next ten minutes, nothing really happened. But suddenly, Kanao jolted when she saw Inosuke talking in a lively manner with his friends.

"So, what is Kanao~san thinking here?" Tanjiro asked.

Inosuke~kun, shut your big fat mouth and give me back my dictionary. wrote Shinobu, as a tick mark was pulsing on her head. Tanjiro shook his own head, although he said that he would think that as well.

Inosuke is talking to other people. So, I don't think I should interrupt. wrote Chiasa. That was along the lines of what Kanao was thinking, Tanjiro had said. But, that wasn't the exact answer.

"That was close, Chiasa-san. But, the correct answer was, Are they gossiping about me?"

Shinobu and Chiasa looked like they both wanted to say something. However, they were cut off by a shriek that came from inside the classroom.

"Kyah! Look, there's a really big and pretty rainbow outside!" said one of the girls. Everyone ran towards the window, well, everyone except Kanao.

"What's she thinking now?" Tanjiro asked.

That rainbow must be very pretty. I want to go see it, but there's too many people in my way. wrote Shinobu.

I don't need to see the rainbow, because I know that I look better than a rainbow! wrote Chiasa in irritation.

Shinobu looked at Chiasa's writing, as a mutinous look spread across her face.

"Kanao isn't a snobby person!" Shinobu said angrily, while Chiasa scoffed.

Tanjiro sweatdropped at the girl fight. None of them were right, because Kanao wanted to see the rainbow but she couldn't join the other girls.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•

It was the same case during the home-EC class. Tanjiro wasn't sure how Shinobu was skipping out of class for so long, but he decided not to ask.

Kanao had been washing veggies, but she suddenly zoned out. Zenitsu waved his hand in front of her face in panic, while Shinobu and Chiasa decided on what she was thinking.

'She's thinking about the next cooking step' was Chiasa's answer. 'She doesn't know the next step' was Shinobu's answer.

Shinobu and Chiasa bickered over Kanao's cooking skills, at least until Tanjiro broke up the fight, saying that she was still thinking about the rainbow.

For the rest of the school day, Chiasa and Shinobu tried their best to guess Kanao's thoughts.

They bickered constantly, although they were both wrong every single time.

"I know Kanao best, since I'm her older sister!" Shinobu argued, as her hair slowly came out of her bun.

"Well, I'm her biggest fan!" Chiasa retorted.

As Tanjiro, Shinobu, and Chiasa were locked in a little struggle, they didn't notice Kanao coming up behind them. When they finally did see her, Chiasa and Shinobu panicked and scooted at least a foot away from her.

What are you doing? wrote Kanao.

"A-ah, nothing, Kanao!" Shinobu said in what she thought was a very casual tone. "We just happened to be heading in the same direction!"

Kanao shook her head as she wrote, I noticed that you've been hanging around Chiasa and Tanjiro today, Shinobu-neesan. And, you kept looking in my direction.

Shinobu and Chiasa immediately began getting scared, because they thought Kanao was very angry.

Tanjiro said, "Well, we weren't trying to be mean, but..."

He trailed off at the expression on Kanao's face. She had tints of pink in her cheeks, and it was pretty clear that she wanted to join in whatever they were talking about.

"Anyways, shall we go for boba tea on the way home?" Tanjiro said, much to the shock of Chiasa and Shinobu.

Kanao nodded, shocking her sister and...fan even further.

"Well, sure!" Chiasa said. "Its my treat, because I'm Kanao's new friend!"

"Its my treat, because I'm her older sister." Shinobu said in a threatening voice.

Kanao was confused at why Shinobu and Chiasa were arguing, but she was happy nonetheless, since she had just made a new friend.

•~•~•~•~•

A/N: That's all for chapter 27! Hope you all enjoyed! If there's typos, let me know in the comments, since I'm not used to writing on cell-phone.

There's not really much for me to say...except thanks for all the support on this book!

Bye ♡

(the end of this chapter is brought to you by Kaedehara Kazuha, aka Kazoo ^♡^)

P.S. if you want a happy, bubbly, or cheerful song to lift your spirits, check out this Genshin Impact fan-song! There's no need to know Genshin stories or anything...the lyrics are so adorable and they make me feel happy inside!

Bye for reals this time, guys...now that I got Xiao, I'd better farm primos for Kazuha ♡

Word Count: 1590 Words ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.9K 2.8K 29
𝟎.𝟏 ; 𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐈𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒? : ©mikasloves 𝐓𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐎𝐊𝐀 𝐆𝐈𝐘𝐔𝐔 𝐗 𝐅!𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐒 : 𝐎𝐍𝐆𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝐒𝐋𝐎𝐖 𝐔𝐏𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐒 ! ━━━...
599K 14.4K 66
⚠️NSFW⚠️ "𝐈𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐞𝐠 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐮𝐦𝐛." >>In which you are...
34.3K 458 32
"The moon can't shine without the sun for it is a star and the moon is not, but the sun doesn't notice the moon left in the background, it is too foc...
100K 2.5K 19
this is a demon Tanjiro Kamado x Tomioka giyuu. Inspired by A_wild_GOOSE. "Tanjiro and his sister, nezuko, have a special connection to muzan, it se...