Wanda Maximoff x Reader - One...

By abimess_

Collection of one-shots of Wanda Maximoff x Reader stories from my Tumblr @abimess More

A memorable camping night
A kitchen disaster
Sometimes jealousy is the key
Recklessly in love
The Passionate Vigilante
The annoying jumper
She was golden, you were plastic II - AU
When secrets are revealed
The Oblivious Lover
What happens on missions (doesn't always) stays on missions - AU
No words are necessary
Electrical love
Your touch just feels right
The bitter, sweet taste of coffee
The chemistry of us - AU
Marry Me - AU
Too familiar, too hurtful
The weight of guilt
Cuddles are the best stress relievers
The clothes thief
The stupid sad hat - AU
Slipping through our fingers - AU
Forget About Us - AU
It's always a good time for pizza - AU
The most frightened Avenger
The girlfriend shield
A chaotic visit to the dentist
Abbreviations and misunderstandings - AU
Birthday surprises
Steve Frog, Captain Toad
The perfect date
The threatened Halloween tradition
The watershed Halloween camp - AU
Halloween Scare - AU
Front Porch
Darcy's Super Effective Test
The perks of library nights
Fourth of July
Some godly encouragement
Earth-838
The Best Day - AU
Glimpse of us [Halloween Special]
Halloween night memories [Halloween Special]
The haunted house [Halloween Special]
Pumpkin contest [Halloween Special]
Consequences [Halloween Special]
Broken [Halloween Special]
The Christmas savior [Christmas Special]
Wishing for a Christmas miracle [Christmas Special]
Christmas amends [Christmas Special]
Mistletoe kiss [Christmas Special]
An Unforgettable Christmas Trip [Christmas Special]
A Christmas attempted murder [Christmas Special]
Another Day of Snow [Christmas Special]
Santa's Little Helper [Christmas Special]
About Christmas and meeting the family [Christmas Special]
The most magical time of the year [Christmas Special]
A gift misunderstanding [Christmas Special]

She was golden, you were plastic I - AU

2.6K 61 6
By abimess_

Summary: After Wanda, the most popular girl at school, falls in love with the "nobody", she has to choose between her reputation or her clumsy lover.

Pronouns: she/her || Warnings: insinuation of sex (not smut); angst with a happy ending

───── ⋅ ✮ ⋅ ─────

You would say that your high school was like any other high school.

There were the jocks (or how you usually call them, jerks) that were basically a bunch of loud savages with a highly doubtful IQ. The highlight of the group was, of course, Steve Rogers aka the golden boy. Every teacher loves him so he never gets caught for any of his bullshit.

There were also the good-ats and the brains, apparently led by Bruce Banner and Tony Stark. Although Stark was a particular case because he would also be seeing hanging out with the popular kids but you were sure that was only because he was (absurdly) rich.

There were the emos/goths that you were always too scared to look twice so you didn't know any of them. The only member of the group that you've ever talked to was Thor, but you're pretty sure he was only there to be with his brother, Loki. Thor was a good person, he was always nice with everyone and you often giggle at how he looks like a golden retriever surrounded by a bunch of grumpy black cats.

And last but not least, the popular kids, the top of the food chain of high school. You didn't actually get the whole popularity thing, apparently the only criterions were beauty and money. So that was no surprise that the most popular of all them was Wanda Maximoff. Wanda was the leader of the populars. In fact, the leader of the entire school. Everyone either wanted to be her or to be with her. And she was well aware of that.

Oh, and there was you. You're just a regular kid, really, not fitting in on any group. You could say you were a loner, maybe. Some people would call you a nobody but you didn't mind. You never liked the attention anyway. The only person you could maybe consider a friend was Natasha, but you two only talked at the corridors because her locker was right next to yours.

But all that changed almost three months ago when you started dating Wanda. Yes, yes, you know, a nobody and the most popular girl at school? That's absurd! Well, if you were honest, you didn't understand it either. But things weren't simple. In fact, they were really complicated. But we better start from the beginning.

You didn't actually know how it all started, if you were honest, so you would say it was when the two of you spoke for the first time.

You were rushing over the corridors, late for your chemistry class, and suddenly you bump into someone, knocking over the books they were carrying.

You mumble a bunch of apologies as you pick the books up and you hear the girl complaining irritated that you should be more careful. The moment you hand her the books and the two of you lock eyes she stops talking. You mentally curse yourself repeatedly when you realize who it was and you think you're screwed as you see Wanda eyeing you with a quite indecipherable expression.

She gently picks the books from your hands and you adjust your glasses in an attempt to relieve the nervousness. Wanda seems to analyze the action attentively.

- Thank you. – She says and you try to ignore how her voice brings goosebumps all over your body. You feel your cheeks heating up and you hope she doesn't notice, but by the way she smiles at you, you think she did.

She leaves without saying another word and it takes a while for you to remember why you were in such a hurry in the first place. When you do, you rush throughout the corridors again.

-----

After that small and awkward encounter, you and Wanda would often lock eyes at school. She would always smile and you would always blush. The redhead adored your shyness and adored even more how it would only increase because of her.

Despite all that, you never talked to each other. What you totally understood considering the enormous social gap between the two of you. A girl like Wanda would never want to be friends with you anyway.

That's why you startle when you heard her voice greeting you from behind, causing you to almost drop all the books you were putting on your locker.

- Hey! – You said, trying to ignore the anxiety that was taking over you as you looked into Wanda's green eyes.

- You're good at chemistry, right? – She ask and you just nod excessively. Why her eyes had to be so green?! – Great! Do you think you can help me? I'm terrible at chemistry and I'm failing hard.

- Sure. – You decide to use words this time but you regret completely when you manage to stutter every single syllable.

- Awesome! – She says sounding really excited and hands you a card containing time and address. – See you later, then?

You nod again offering her a shy smile and when she leaves you feel your legs getting numb with what just happened.

-----

When you arrive, you try not to freak out at how Wanda's house is easily four times bigger than yours. It doesn't take long for Wanda to open the door for you after you knocked.

As she leads you through the house you feel the anxiety taking over you and you take deep breaths to calm it down. But chemistry is one of the few things that calm you down, so soon enough you're feeling very relaxed, talking about a subject you love so much. You were feeling comfortable enough for even make jokes once in a while and of course Wanda noticed it.

The redhead observed your abrupt change of behavior in curiosity and endearing. She would never tell you this, but she was not that bad at chemistry. She just wanted an excuse to spend time with you and, observing you for the past few weeks, she thought that would be the perfect opportunity.

Soon enough this studying encounters became a two times a week thing and before you knew it, you were falling in love with each other. But you would never tell her that, because she obviously would never feel the same way. And Wanda would never tell you either, because even though she thought you might feel the same way, it would change her school dynamic completely and she was not ready for that.

But there you were, talking so passionately about all these equations and she couldn't take it anymore.

Wanda's lips advancing towards yours was something you never thought would actually happen so when it did, your brain short-circuit and it takes you a few seconds to properly react to the action.

It's no surprise to say that the studying was completely forgotten as you spent the rest of the afternoon making out with Wanda.

On the next day at school you expected things to be different and was a little disappointed when they didn't. But of course they wouldn't, because you would always be the nobody and Wanda would always be the most popular kid.

Things went like that for a while and you thought they were getting kind of serious since Wanda was calling you by pet names whenever the two of you were alone. And you were trying to convince yourself that as long as Wanda would treat you like she did, it was alright, because you've never felt so loved and wanted in your entire life.

But that wasn't entirely truth, because the more she pretended that you two were not a thing (in fact, pretending the two of you weren't even friends), the more you felt like she was embarrassed of you and that what the two of you had was not serious for her.

A hard bump by the side of your body woke you up from your thoughts, making you fall on the ground.

- Oops, sorry there, (Y/l/n), didn't see you. – You heard Rogers say as you got up, Nat helping you. He had this stupid smirk on his face that showed you he was not sorry at all. He was about to say something else, but someone stopped him.

- Leave her alone, Rogers. – Wanda's voice sounded from behind you and you didn't have to see her to know she was angry. When you turn to face her, she doesn't look at you.

Steve puts his arms up in surrender, a grin still playing on his face and then walks away. Wanda also leaves, not even bothering to talk to you. You think about going after her and saying something, but you give up when you notice she was being followed by some popular girls whose only personality trait was to adore Wanda.

- What the hell was that? – Nat asks with frown brows and an amused smirk. – I didn't know you were friends with the plastic queen.

Nat would usually call the popular girls the plastics, Wanda being the plastic queen, because they were all fake and shaped to be perfect. But Wanda wasn't like that, not with you at least. Wanda was golden. Resistant and bright, blinding you with all of her features. For all that matters, you were the plastic one, ready to bend over as she pleases whenever she heated you enough.

- I'm not. – You answer, clenching your jaw, a bitter taste on your mouth. – I just help her with chemistry.

You walk in silence to your classroom and try your best to avoid looking at Wanda for the rest of the day.

-----

When you arrive at Wanda's place she greets you with a happy smile and takes you by the hand, leading you to her room.

- I wanna show you something. – She says animatedly and you can't help but giggle.

You sit on her bed as you listen to her talking from the bathroom about the winter talent show and how she found the perfect costume and choreography. When Wanda steps out of the bathroom, your brain immediately stops. The redhead is wearing a Santa Claus costume that barely covers 30% of her body, her hair falling perfectly over her shoulders.

As she shows you the choreography you try not to choke and you almost feel bad about all the definitely not Christmassy thoughts you were having. When she finishes, you are too shocked to say anything and Wanda is amused at your speechless state.

- What is it, (Y/n/n)? – She asks mischievously as she walks slowly towards you. Blood pounding in your ears as she does so. – Didn't you like my outfit? – She says, sitting on your lap and you're pretty sure you'll die at any minute now. – You can always take it off, you know.

She says in a whisper, but before you could answer she is kissing you. Your hands travel down her skirt as she holds your neck. When you parted for air, she rests her forehead against yours.

- I love you. – Wanda says in a shy confession and you open your eyes immediately. When she notices you don't say anything she gets off of your lap and you miss her warmth immediately. She sits by your side on the bed, her brows frowned in concern. – You don't have to say it back. It's... It's okay if you don't, really...

- I do. – You interrupt her and she relaxes her shoulders. – I love you too. A lot, actually.

Wanda smiles at you and you reciprocate, but she stops when notices a weird expression on your face.

- What's wrong? – She asks and you sigh.

- I just... I'm not sure if you love me.

- Excuse me? – She asks, her brows raised in annoyance at what you just said.

- Why do you pretend like we barely know each other at school? – You asks and Wanda opens her mouth the slightest, but doesn't say a thing. She looks surprised at your question and you swallow dryly before speaking again. - Are you embarrassed of me?

- Of course not! – Wanda answer before you even finish your sentence, her heart aching at you feeling that way. She was never embarrassed of you. She loves you, you are her favorite person.

- What is it then?

- I just... - She starts and mumbles somethings afterwards, but no actual words come out of her mouth. You close your eyes.

- I should better get going, then. – You say slowly and Wanda curses herself for not saying anything as you walked away.

Wanda laid down on her bed, replaying the conversation you just had over and over again. She wasn't embarrassed of you. But she knew that assuming your relationship would change completely her dynamic at school. What if her friends stopped talking to her? Worse, what if they were mean to you? Of course she would defend you, just like she did when Steve pushed you on the corridor the other day. But the idea of you getting hurt because of her was absolutely unbearable.

The redhead buried her face on the pillow with a groan, deciding if keeping things the way they always were was worth losing you.

-----

You arrive at school on the next morning with an intense migraine as you overthought the conversation with Wanda from the afternoon before.

You were pretty sure she would just ignore you and eventually glance you angry looks as she usually did when she was jealous or when you did something that upset her (although you never really knew what those things were exactly).

That's why when you hear her voice greeting you as you're taking your books from your locke, you startle. You close your locker and turn to talk to her, but before you can say anything, she kisses you, pushing you against the lockers. The shock causing you to drop your book.

The sound of surprised gasps and talking around you went completely unnoticed as you place your hands on Wanda's waist, pushing her closer to you.

- Good morning. – She says when you parted, a silly smile on her face. – I guess you dropped your book.

- Yeah, I guess I did. – You say with a silly giggle as you get down to pick up the object. When you stand up straight again, Wanda is still looking at you with a loving smile. – Why...

- I love you. – She interrupted you, holding your free hand and giving it a little squeeze. - I mean that.

- I love you too. – You say well aware you're blushing, but that's okay because so is Wanda. The redhead gives you a long kiss on the cheek and when she moves away, you can feel the reminisces of her lipstick on your skin. You move your hand to remove them but Wanda stops you.

- Don't. I want everyone to know you're mine. – She says with a smirk and winks at you. After she says she'll see you at lunch, she kisses you again and leaves, although you find it really hard to let her go.

You stay there, probably looking like an idiot, watching as she walks away and when she looks back to see you again, you feel your heart dancing on your chest.

- When you said you were helping her with chemistry I thought you were talking about the subject. – You hear Natasha says by your side and you look at her, not even knowing when she got there in the first place. She has a playful smirk on her face and you just roll your eyes, but you can't help but smile widely.

As you walk towards the classroom and sit on your regular desk, you hear people talking about you all around. But you are too happy to care.

-----

At lunch you spot Wanda sitting at one of the tables at the cafeteria and when you lock eyes with her, she waves her hand and smile, inviting you to go sit with her. You walk towards the table and try not to blush with the curious looks her friends give you.

She introduces you to every one of them and you say your hellos in the least shy way you can, but you're pretty sure you're not succeeding. You end up finding out that her friends were actually really nice, mainly Monica, who you find out likes the same music you do.

Everything is going pretty well but you are really shy so you avoid talking much and Wanda doesn't push you, keeping her hand in yours the whole time.

You take your time observing Wanda. The way she laughs, the way she talks, the way she looks at you to make sure you were okay. Everything about her was breathtaking. She draws all the attention to her without even trying. And there you were, deeply in love with the redhead, willing to do anything for her. 

Wanda was golden, you were plastic. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82K 2.1K 42
Book 2 Carrying on from suck it up I don't own any marvel content All rights reserved
16.1K 485 7
(Original series from my tumblr @abimess) Loving and desiring someone are the best things a human can possibly do. But what happens when you feel the...
250K 7.9K 77
New book cover/title This is not your ordinary cute fluff one shots... that's it... that's the description
6.4K 201 6
Who are you, in this vast multiverse?