Are We Really Soulmates?

By its_Niagara

This world revolves around the concept of soulmates. Everyone has their soulmate even before the were born. M... More

1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9

6

5 2 0
By its_Niagara

Dev POV.

Why in this world am I this happy about having some random person's number? I am going crazy on I don't know what?
But to think of it now,  I was quite taken aback by how my brother acted infront of her. He usually isn't this rude to people. On the other hand he probably must have had a tiring day at work.
Why did I ask for her number anyways? I don't quite properly remember her name as she just said it once while introducing herself.
Dari? Something from D right? What was it though? I think I have heard that name before in some religious texts. What as it? Eureka! I felt the light bulb in my head turn on and guess what , I remember her name. DWARIKA!
I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard Aksh crying. I rushed down the stairs worried if he had hurt himself or something. I practically ran towards the kid sitting on the couch with his sister frantically trying to calm him down.
"Anya, what's wrong, why is he crying this much?"  I asked my niece.
"I don't know, I was in the washroom when I heard him crying and so rushed towards him." Said Anya.
I stood and went for the bottle of milk and got it for the kid, but he refused which ment he wasn't hungry. I even searched him for seeing if he had any bruises indicating that he hurt himself, but found nothing,
I tried soothing him after taking him in my arms and also made funny faces to get him to smile atleast. Inspite of that , all he did was wail even more.
So I called sister-in-law just to find her cutting my phone calls. I tried calling my brother as the last option but he too cut the call. They probably were at a meeting or so.
Aksh did not seem to be stopping anytime soon either. Only if the kids had someone better than me to take care of them. I seriously am the most clueless when it comes to kids. They really need a babysitter.... wait a minute.  I do have the number of a certain someone who claims that she is good with kids. Should I call her? Well I don't have any other option anyways.
I sprinted towards my room , got the notebook carrying her number and dialed to her.
It took atleast 5 gells for her to pick up the call.
"Hello? Who is this?" I heard voice that seemed non-chalant.
"Oh.."My brain literally stopped functioning after hearing voice. Why you must ask, do you think I know? No I don't.
" I am that guy... the guy you left your number to... the babysitter needing house's guy. You know the one you thought was a worker?"I said.
All i heard for a while was her sighing heavily and then... silence.
"Why did you call me? " I heard asking .
" that's because I am in a situation where I really need your help. Please come to my house again as my niece us crying, a lot . I am not able to make him  stop. Soo...?" I explained hoping she might agree.
"why do people like ruining my Saturdays by saying please? Godd" I heard murmur and then continue...
"Fine, I'll come in 5mins."
She cut the call after that and I had a kind of a feeling I could not explain. The thought of seeing her again was exciting me and then getting me nervous too.
I stopped functioning only after hearing her voice... what will happen when I see her again?

Dwarika POV.

Hmph. Audacity of him to call me and ask for help when his brother practically rushed me out of the house.
Anyways I was lying around as my job wouldn't start till 5 in the evening so I could just go and do some good.. right?
I walked down to the house after looking in the mirror and checking if I was presentable enough to look well.... kind of okay infront of 'him'. Why do I want to look 'okay in front of him? Do you think I know? Cause I don't.
5 steps away from the house and I could hear the said child's wailing.
I ringed the doorbell and it was answered in a flash by the 'him'. God I really need to know his name now.
"Oh thank God you came... come in fast." He said in a hurry and led me to a room. It seemed to be the kids' room .
I saw the crying child and rushed towards him. Taking him in my hands I slowly started swaying him in my arms and starting humming. Then took him to the kitchen slowly resting him on the kitchen counter. I got a glass of water and let the kid slowly drink water. He seemed to be thirsty. By now his crying had subsided to only a sad face.
I took him in my arms again and went to the front yard and set him on the hammock there. But he seemed to be uncomfortable there so I too sat on the hammock and placed him on my lap.
The child slowly curled up and placed his head on me.  So I took the hint of him being sleepy and so I started swinging in the hammock and hummed.
Only minutes had passed and I had found him sleeping. The older sister of the child ran towards me and said," is he asleep? Should I take him to his room?" She was talking in a hushed tone taking in consideration the little one sleeping.
"Oh dear, tell me, I'll take him there, no problem and yes, he is asleep." I said as I was controlling myself from smiling widely because of her cute voice.
We made our way through the front door and reached the room where I placed the kid on his crib and covered him with a thin blanket.
While coming outside I started talking to the little girl and got to know that her name was Anya whereas her brother's name was Aksh.
I heard footsteps coming towards me so I looked up from Anya's face to the 'guy'.
"Umm....Thank you for helping me. " he said while running the back of his neck . It showed he was awkward with me and so I decided to end misery and walk out of the house now that the kid was well and sleeping.
" I'll take my leave now that Aksh is asleep. Make sure to feed him after he wakes up. " I stated heading out but felt a tug at the sleeve of my sweatshirt . I looked down to find Anya looking at me with pleading eyes. I bent down to her level and asked," is something wrong sweetie?"
To which she replied and asked me to stay with her to play a little, as there is no one she could play with.
I agreed as I didn't have anything better to do anyways and we both started doing random things in the front yard. Only until I heard a car pull up nearby.
I heard someone saying, " are you that obsessed with having a job at our place that you are now sneaking into my house ?"

---×---
Yooooo... so how is this chp?
Did thou like it?
Anyways love you 😍 😘 💗 💓 💕 💛 😍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 148K 42
"Stop trying to act like my fiancΓ©e because I don't give a damn about you!" His words echoed through the room breaking my remaining hopes - Alizeh (...
639K 59.3K 35
She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful She is innocent He is cunning She is broken He is perfect or is he? . . . . . . . . JI...
995K 48K 40
π“π‘πž π”π§πžπ±π©πžπœπ­πžπ 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐒𝐞𝐬 ~ 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐀 𝟏 In a world where love knows no boundaries, Aleena Noor a Bangladeshi girl with an elated heart...
157K 2.4K 28
Rajveer is not in love with Prachi and wants to take revenge from her . He knows she is a virgin and is very peculiar that nobody touches her. Prachi...