Myth to Reality (Male reader...

By Nevan-UniverseDragon

(A little side project to give you all something to read) Everyone one is told of fairy tales as a child. Som... More

Ghost 1
Ghost 2
Ghost 3
Ghost 4
Ghost 5
Ghost 7
Ghost 8
Ghost 9
Ghost 10
Ghost 11
Ghost 12
Ghost 13
Ghost 14
Ghost 15
Ghost 16
Ghost 17
Ghost 18
Ghost 19
Ghost 20
Ghost 21
Ghost 22
Ghost 23

Ghost 6

4.3K 117 36
By Nevan-UniverseDragon

About a week and a half had past for the citizens of Piltover. Many incidents have happened over that span of time, none of which had been the riders doing. Instead, many of the reports were of various people going missing, from both cities.

Varkus had been going around, convincing people who have nothing left to loose to enter a program of sorts. The devil was currently inside a large room, fitted with a large glass chamber in the centre, and many researchers around the room doing their work.

The scarlet haired woman was present at his side, conducting a few final adjustments before testing began. "Chamber is fully prepared for testing sir" She says with a monotonous voice.

"Good, bring in subject number 23" She presses a few buttons after recieving the order. A square tile in the chamber opened up as someone was lifted up into the chamber. They looked reasonably confused and a little worried.

"Where? Where am I? I don't remember this being apart of the program!" The fear in the man's voice was very much apparent. Varkus left the observation room as he stood a few feet from the glass, catching the man's attention. "Hey! What's going?!"

"Fear not Silas. I can assure you this is indeed a part of the program" This seemed to calm him down, but didn't fully relieve him of his worries. "Tell me, do you know why I chose you to be apart of the program?"

"You said it was to give me a second chance...to be able to get back at the ones that left me in the dust" His voiced had been laced with venom in his last words. Varkus slowly walked around the glass chamber.

"That's right, your here for a chance at revenge. The program was designed with that idea in mind. The gruesome training that has made you strong and mindful" He stopped after coming full circle. "All that's left, is one final test"

At his words, a hole in the glass formed, small enough to fit an arm through. "Shall we make a deal, Silas?" The devils emerald eyes gave off a soft glow.

"A-A deal? What kind of deal?" Silas asked, having no clue where this was going, and it was making him cautious of the situation.

"The kind that will give you all the power you could ever dream of. You told me you don't have a power to call your own. I'm going to give you that power, but it will come at a cost"

Silas hesitated, his mouth hanging open in thought as his eyes darted all around the floor in front of him. He was right, he had no power of his own, and if he wanted to get back at the ones who brought him to this point, who was he to refuse? He looked back up at Varkus, a hardened and resolute glint in his eyes. "What will it cost?"

Varkus could feel the ghost of a smirk on his lips, the words being music to his ears. "Swear your loyalty to me, and help me hunt a certain individual, is all I ask of you" He stepped closer towards the glass, holding his hand out. "Do we have a deal?"

"You have yourself a deal" He reached his hand through the glass, the two shaking hands. Silas soon felt an unbearable agony as he let go of the devils hand, collapsing to the floor screaming.

Varkus watched on with an ever slowly increasing smile as the mans body gruesomely started to shift, blood practically exploding out of him as the sickening crunching of bone filled the room. Some of the scientists turned away in disgust at the horrific events unfolding in the chamber.

Meanwhile, Y/n was working hard at the auto shop. The hood of a mustang mach-E propped open as he was working on the engine. One of his co-workers down under the vehicle.

A few bangs of metal caught his attention. Turning to his left, he saw Sett working on another vehicle. He had an annoyed look on his face as he smacked the engine with a wrench. "Quit being stubborn you hunk of metal!"

"Your not gonna fix it by breaking i-" He was cut off, and very confused when Sett gave it a good hit, causing the engine to start and hum beautifully.

"You were saying?" Sett asks, looking at the boy with a smug grin on his face. He chose not to question it as he simply went back to his own work. "Come on kid, I've been doing this kind of work for a while now"

"Yeah, well it didn't occur to me that you can fix things by hitting them" He shook his head slightly. He then walked to the drivers side, tapping the leg of his co-worker as they got out from under the mustang. He soon turned the key as the engine started, and worked just as intended.

Sett had closed the hood once Y/n turned the engine off. "Still going on that date of yours?" Y/n swiftly jabbed his side with a wrench.

"Its not a date, Seraphine simply asked for me to tutor her for an upcoming exam" There was silence after, and he thought it over for a moment. He then hung his head in realization. "Shit...that does sound like a date"

"Told ya. Besides, they really seem to like having you around. Evelynn hasn't tried anything on you yet has she?"

"She has attempted a few times, none actually succeeding" He recounted the many times during the past week when the succubus tried and failed at seducing him. She stated that it was more or less just some harmless teasing, which honestly came as a surprise.

Sett was also right about them liking him around more often. Ever since the incident, he has been invited by either Akali or one of the others to spend time with them. He didn't admit it, but he was enjoying their company as well.

"Anyway, I should get going, my shifts done anyway" He tossed the wrench into the tool box on the floor, heading for the lounge to clock out before taking off on his bike.

Sett merely shook his head as he watched the boy head off. "Kids in for a dosey with those five, guarentee it" All the other Vastayans agreed with Sett as they all got back to work.

A few hours pass and Y/n was at the K/DA residence, more specifically in Seraphine's room. The two sat on either side of the bed with all of her notes in the middle of them.

However, outside of the pinkettes room, Akali and Ahri had their ears next to the door to listen in on them. While the other two were standing behind them "I really don't think we should be doing this" The fox Vastayan was notably worried about this plan. "We really didn't need to put Sera on the spot like this"

"As much as I agree with you Gumiho, Its our best option to be sure he isn't a threat" Evelynn knew that demons living in Runeterra was rare. And the only other times ones shown up wasn't for anything civil. She had grown fond of him as a person overtime, but his demonic like aura was worrying her. She hoped that Sera would be able to do this without blowing their motives into the open.

Y/n went over her notes while she studied. He was impressed with how hard she was working to get a decent scoring for this test, which is what puzzled him a bit.

'She probably just wanted the company. She's pretty smart, even without me giving her tips' He placed the sheet of paper back down with the pile, when Seraphine broke the silence.

"Hey um, Y/n? Can I ask something a bit personal, if its not to much trouble?" He looked up from the notes and to her. She looked pretty nervous after asking that.

"I don't see any harm in it. What is it your wanting to ask?" He gave her the green light, now she just had to choose her words carefully.

"I know we have only known each other for only a little bit now, and you have every right not to answer but, uh- how do I say this" He watched her patiently as she struggled to find the words. "Oh screw it- are you by any chance a demon?"

The four on the other side of the door silently cursed their friend for straight up asking him that. As for Y/n he didn't seem the least bit affected by the question, as he made one of his own. "I'm guessing that's what my aura feels like to you?"

This left them confused for a moment, leaving Seraphine to nod at him. "Y-yes.. we were waiting till a little later to ask, but I guess I couldn't wait...sorry"

"Don't be, Sett actually asked me the same thing when I got my job at the shop. So I'll tell you what I told him, I don't know what my aura is like since I can't actually sense or feel aura"

"Really? Is it some sort of condition I havn't heard of?" She placed a hand to her chin as she went into thought. The boy simply smiled as he got off the bed. "Hm? Where are you going?"

"We can finish up your studying later, why don't we all head out? There's a good spot I know down by the beach" The girls scrambled to the nearest bedroom, which was Kai'sa's room when he approached the door.

"I guess a break wouldn't hurt.." She organized all of her papers and placed them on her night stand, soon following Y/n out the door. "I'll go get the others"

He watched her go down the other hallway as he went downstairs. When he reached the bottom of the steps, he let out a silent sigh as he rested his face in his hands.

"Close call if I ever saw one" The rider spoke in his head. He honestly forgot about his hosts little condition. "Smart move telling them a half truth"

"I knew they could sense your aura coming off me. But since I have no abilities of my own, I have no aura, so I guess that counts as a small win" He looked to the nearest reflective surface, seeing the rider shake his head.

"They are bound to find out sooner or later. Question is, can you convince them well enough to not pull a one eighty?" The rider asked quite a tough question for him answer.

Meanwhile up in Kai'sa's room, the girls were a little annoyed with the way Sera had asked her question. "You do know that could have given was away right" Were Akali's words to the pinkette.

"Ok I know I kinda screwed up there but, come on girls. How many powered people do we know who can't sense aura?" She had them beat there, but continued on. "Plus, even if he was a demon, he probably doesn't even know about it, you heard his answer"

"She's right" Surprisingly, Kai'sa was the one to speak up. "Not to mention, he hasn't display any behaviour of any of the sin clans" She made an excellent point, and Evelynn knew that well since she was part of the lust clan of demons.

"Lets put this off to the side for now and come to it later. Lets actually get to know him as a person rather than think of him like the bane of humanity" Ahri quickly looked over to the known demon in the room. "No offense"

"None taken darling. Lets get going, don't wanna keep him waiting" The girls agreed as they made their way downstairs, where he was waiting for them. Evelynn swallowed the nervous lump in her throat, she had teased ever since he started hanging around them more often. It was her way of trying to forget this sickening fear she was feeling. Luckily, it seems it was working for her.

Evelynn had drove the girls with her SUV, following behind Y/n who was riding his bike and leading the way. The group of six soon made it to the beach, the sun still in the sky and the gentle breeze blowing into them.

Seraphine lightened everyone's spirits when she blew up a large inflatable ball. Her, Ahri, Akali, and Kai'sa were passing it around playfully. While Y/n and Evelynn watched them have their fun.

"Reminds me of the good old days" Y/n suddenly said, catching her attention as she side eyed him from his left.

"Oh? Did you have friends to do this with?" She asks, wondering if she could get anything out of him.

"It was with my younger sister. We didn't live near a beach, but we always found time to play catch together.." His tone was one of sorrow as he remembered back to those peaceful times.

She caught on, and deduced that something must have happened. "When did it happen?" Was all she asked. She didn't want to come off as harsh, even she was considerate when it counted.

"Happened when I was 14...I lost her and my parents in an accident..I couldn't save them" He looked down at the sand before asking her. "Did you have any family growing up?"

"I was on my own since day one. A baby succubus on her own in a realm with lust filled air" She to, began to look back on her own childhood. "Though the queen there treated me like I was her own daughter, so I guess I did in a way before coming here"

"Hehe, I'm sure she was a bit much to deal with at times" Those words had her confused. Her eyes displayed it for a moment before telling him that she was a bit of a pain. She was gonna ask him about that later.

The sun was starting to set, giving the sky a beautiful orange color. The group their time at the beach. They even got to see Y/n's interest in marine life when was intently studying a nearby starfish, and a few crabs. Evelynn understood this interest due to what they discussed earlier.

They were all now situated around a fire, one which Y/n had lit with his bare hands. This lead them to questioning him on how he got his powers. He came up with a pretty convincing lie, keeping the rider out of it.

The girls did a little karaoke, mostly for fun, but also to impress the boy as well. They were all having quite the blast. Although with night approaching, Y/n was doing what he could to keep the rider down after he felt something.

'What is your issue?' He asked the rider. While he wanted to ignore this feeling of unease, he didn't want him bursting out with them still around.

"Are you wanting to die? We've got company, its got the same energy as that other beast Varkus sent at us" The rider had warned. Luckily for him, the girls decided to pack it in for the night.

"We should get back, don't want to stay out to late" Ahri took a look at Y/n uneasy expression as he looked towards some rocks not to far from them. "Y/n? You feeling ok?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah. Maybe give me a few minutes, I kinda wanna spend a bit to myself if that's fine you girls" They didn't find anything wrong with that as they went on ahead.

"He seemed pretty anxious about something. You sure we should leave him be?" Akali had asked. He think he had them fooled, but they were no strangers to picking up the small things.

"He's probably reminiscing his childhood. I did get a little incite to it after all, so maybe that has his head going" Evelynn gave her deduction. While they were getting ready to get into the SUV, Kai'sa noticed something off.

"Wasn't his bike facing the beach?" This caught their attention as they looked to his bike. Once facing the beach, was now directly facing the SUV, and its engine was humming silently.

Akali walked over to the bike in hopes of turning it off, but found that the key was missing. Meaning Y/n still had it on him. "Was someone trying to steal it?"

"We would have heard it turn on if that was the case" Evelynn reasoned as she looked at the bike with an inquisitive look. She couldn't shake the feeling that it was watching them almost. A feeling of worry soon overtook them when they felt a second presence down at the beach, right alongside Y/n's.

(Took me a while but, here is the 6th chapter. Could have done better, but hey, work with what your brain thinks of at the time. Anywho, leave a vote, leave a comment,  and I'll see you all in the next one. Ciao!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

430K 7.6K 43
Disclaimer I don't own any of the pictures in the story or any of the characters used. In this world everyone has powers with an exception of a few t...
43.2K 815 30
Runeterra, a world filled with wild fantasies people could only dream of. The world is in a more modern era as of now, and there have been conflicts...
Enter the Exorcist Ft K/DA By

Mystery / Thriller

7.5K 187 17
[BIO] 3 years after the incident of "Surabaya Inferno", Jin, a 24-year-old young man, has arrived at Neo-Piltover City after his wandering from vario...
57K 2.1K 69
Y/N, a detective, and a damn good one at that, has had multiple cases on his desk, and has solved them all the right way. With his partner Caitlyn, t...