Ice Cold

By InvisibleLantern

Shouto Todoroki x [Female] Reader ••• Ice cold. An adjective often used for the one and only Y/N, a young gir... More

Before we do anything...
Prologue
The Big Three
An Outing
Entrance Exams
The First Day
Hero Basic Training
Different
USJ
The World of Pros
The Sports Festival Begins!
Obstacle Course
Cavalry Battle
Gifted
Big Sister
Emotionless
Suspicions
Hosu
The Final Exams
Shouto
Attachment
The Training Camp
Training
Vanguard Action Squad
Rescue
Breaking Free
Smile
Symbol of Peace
UA Dorms
Missing
Neglecting
Redemption
Fight
Recover
Memories Lost in Time
Pre-Exam
Provisional License Exams
Room Presentation
The Fears that Hold Us
Fire
Fault
Traitor
Christmas Special
Power of a Quirk
Emotions
Past
Bullets
Habits
Quirks: A Gift and a Curse
Heroes Cry
Shie Hassaikai
Unrivalled
Pain
A Reason to Stay
Remedial Exams
The School Festival
Hobbies
The Past
Open Up
Guilt
Fighting Against Memories
Connections
Enchanting
Aster
A Familiar Face
One
Trust
A Feeling
Unready Bodies
The Past Never Dies
Vie
Lies
Family Ties
Morals
Return
The UA Traitor
Class 1A
Crush
Forget
Battle
Brothers
Redeemable
Puppet
Grow
Breaking
Unhealed Wounds
Words
Tears
Soulmates
Guidance
The Dead
Ghosts
Friendship
Warmth
Life and Death
Hero
Love
Whales
Epilogue

Tears

1.8K 78 16
By InvisibleLantern

You landed on the ground and let out a sigh. She was in Midoriya's hands now.

You stared at your hand, where Nighteye's blood was at your palms. It quickly liquified and dropped off your hand at your command. "Froppy!" You ran towards Tsu, who was with Nighteye, and knelt down next to her.

"Y/N..." She mumbled.

"I'm not sure what I can do." You said. "My healing has more limits. Anything herbs can do, I can do the same. Herbs..." You stared at the stone pierced through Nighteye. "...don't heal this."

"You guys... will be fine." Nighteye forced out. "At least... he's not coming after you... for now. He's heading above ground.. towards Midoriya and Eri. That's where he kill Midoriya!"

You stood up and shook your head. "Don't be silly."

"I'll smash right past that future!!"

"Midoriya will be fine." There was no hesitance in your voice, nor your eyes, no sight of uncertainty in your face. Because you were confident in Midoriya.

Shouto opened up to him for a reason. Something about that guy...

"I'll go check on Lemillion." You said. "Froppy, please come with me. Uravity, Deku is located at the surface."

"But, you're—"

"My quirk is too overkill to work side by side with his. He'll break away what I create and I'll make him lose focus. I'll simply be a nuisance. You, however, may be of service."

"Bring me up as well." Nighteye said. 

You and Froppy separated from the others and made your way towards Mirio.

"Mirio! Where are you?" You called down the hall. There was no point in calling him by his hero name. Desperation was what drove you, not professionalism.

You placed your hand on the ground and closed your eyes. But there was nothing. No energy was sent back to you, no vibrations tingled at your palm. "What...?"

"Y/N? Is something wrong?" Tsu asked.

You stood up and stomped at the ground to see if there was anything, but no signals were sent back to you. What's happening...?

"You haven't healed yourself yet?"

"What do you mean?"

Tsu pointed at your arm and you glanced at it. There was a shallow wound near your shoulder, but it didn't seem to major. You placed your hand over it, but you didn't feel it close up. "What is your problem?!" You questioned a bit too loud.

There was blood still on your hand, but when you tried to solidify it like you did when you normally get hurt or get blood on you, nothing happened. 

"Y/N..." Tsu began slowly and careful. "Did you.. get shot, perhaps?"

You looked at your shoulder. It didn't look like a bullet wound, it looked like something grazed you.

"...Dammit." You punched the wall, but it didn't dent like it normally would've. Then you kicked it, and it dented all the same. "What the hell?!" A defeated sigh left your lips. "Froppy... you go see to Mi- Lemillion. Just... give me a second."

Tsu hesitantly nodded and ran down the hall.

You picked up a piece of rubble and placed it in front of you. It shook a bit, went still, then burst into pebbles.

It felt like you were six again, never used your quirk before and just learning how to move a pebble.

Then it hit you.

You placed your hand over your small wound. A bullet grazed you. The bullet grazed you. That bullet with Eri's cells, the quirk that could rewind. 

Your hand trembled as you pulled it away from your wound. "No..."

It came out as a quiet, broken whisper. It was the closest to crying you had ever gotten since you were 4 or 5. That quirk was the only thing you remembered about your mom. There was no face in your head when you thought about your mom, just a voice and a hand filled with sand from a broken vase.

"Y/N?" You saw Mirio kneel down in front of you, his tired eyes still filled with concern for others. Concern for you. 

"My quirk..." You began shakily. 

He furrowed his brow. "But you didn't get shot.. did you?"

"N-No, it's still there." You picked up a small pebble you made from the debris. "But... it feels like I just got it. You know, like..." The pebble in your hand shook a bit and broke in half. "I can't.. I don't have control over it anymore!"

Mirio flinched a bit. He had never seen such a hurt, pained look in your eyes. There was this unfamiliar glint in your normally stoic expression. "I-It'll be okay." That's all he had to say. He's known you for so long, yet he knew nothing about how to comfort you.

Tsu put her hand on your shoulder. "Recovery Girl should be able to figure it out. Like she always does. Y-You'll be fine!"

You took in a deep breath, then exhaled. "Yeah. You're right." As you stood up, Mirio took your hand. "Y/N, it's okay to-"

"Yes, I know. 'It's okay to be afraid and sad' or... whatever." You walked down the hall. "I assume that the police have caught up by now."

The three of you ran down the hall and you saw Tamaki with the police. "Looking a bit beat up there." You mentioned, although he likely didn't need the reminder. 

"Where's Aizawa?" The police chief asked.

"I sensed him earlier. He had disappeared mid-fight, but he should be around here if I recall correctly."

"Can't you sense him now?"

You didn't answer. "You should be able to find him."

After a bit of searching, Aizawa was found. You knelt down and lifted him to his feet, removing the blindfold. "Aizawa-sensei?" But he didn't answer. Your head snapped to one of the villains you had found. "Reverse the quirk now."

"In your dreams."

Tamaki stepped away as you let go of Aizawa and cracked your knuckles. "Do I have permission?"

The police chief nodded, although he wondered what you were about to do.

Well, until you punched the villain in the face. There was a crack from you breaking his nose and blood dripped down his face. 

"Reverse it unless you want it again."

"Never!"

You glared, but you didn't punch him again. "I... said..." Your eyes glowed, fire ablaze on your side while your other side had water droplets rising from your body. "Reverse. It."

He didn't answer. 

The water droplets froze as if they were little spikes and you tilted your head.

Mirio and Tamaki could tell despite your cold expression that you were angry. Tamaki didn't know what you were so angry about. You were normally level-headed and calm, so this was... a bit scary.

"Fine!" 

Aizawa suddenly fell and your eyes returned back to normal, although as it stopped, a headache seemed to stab your head. You held your head in a hand, but your didn't stay like that for long. 

"Let's return to Deku. He may be having trouble. Aizawa-sensei, you are able to stop any quirk, right?"

"R-Right.." Aizawa was helped to his feet by Tsu. "I think I see where you're coming from."

Everyone made their way to the scene and you clung to Tamaki as he used his tentacles to get to the surface. "I'm tired." You told him.

You saw Eri and Midoriya together, one's quirk clearly going overboard while the other was weak on the ground. "Sensei!"

Eri's quirk suddenly deactivated and she fell. 

•••

As ambulances surrounded the area, you continued to stare at debris on the ground, trying to move it rather than making it explode against your command. 

That moment when you used that 'state', it felt like you had little to no control over it, but someone else had their hand at your soul and was controlling it.

You held your head in your hands, facing away from everything around you and staring down at the ground. Your heart was pounding, your head hurt, it was the worst feeling. Do people feel this often? It hurts.

"Cloak, is something wrong?" One of the EMTs asked. You looked up and she seemed to blur, then disappear. And you fell into her arms.

"Support over here! Hero down!" She called.

•••

You ran through the halls of the hospital with a nurse and a doctor calling out for you to stop from long behind you. 

Maybe it wasn't the best idea to tell you about everything that had happened while you were passed out. 

The League of Villains had killed the hero in charge of Chisaki and... taken his arms? How did they even get associated with each other? 

You turned at a corner and bumped into someone. "I'm s-" Your eyes widened, not in surprise, but in horror. "Sh-Shouto?" 

"Y/N...! Shouldn't you be in bed?"

No... He'll know that I... My quirk... "I..." You saw that clueless look in his heterochromic eyes. It was as if he was cut in half somewhere and you could distinguish his left and right side. But that soft look in his eyes... it was both sides.

"I'm fine. Why are you here?"

"I wanted to check if you were okay, but I'm not allowed to stay long."

You nodded and turned to face away from him. He didn't follow you. You sighed and continued to the room you were looking for. Nighteye's room.

You stopped and scanned the room. "All Might? Recovery Girl?"

"Young Y/N." All Might put his hand on your shoulder. "Are you alright? I heard-"

"Yes, I'm alright." You cleared your throat. "Nighteye, he's...?"

"There was nothing we could do. It's a miracle that he's even breathing at all." The assistant nurse for Recovery Girl said. 

Recovery Girl looked down in grief. "My healing won't be able to help at this point either. Sadly, he won't make it to see... tomorrow..."

You immediately rushed into Nighteye's room, seeing all the machines he was hooked up to, all the wounds hopelessly bandaged, hearing hsi ragged breathing. "S-Sasaki-sensei!"

Midoriya glanced at you. Sasaki... that's Nighteye's name out of costume.

He turned his head and saw you, All Might, and Midoriya in the room.

"All Might.. you didn't feel like seeing me... until I was dying?"

"I don't know what to say..." All Might began, shakily. "How I wronged you..."

"Sasaki-sensei, please." You placed your hand over his, so, very gently, like a mother's kiss to her child's head. "You have to live. "

You thought you had cut the attachment with Nighteye many years ago, but as he lay in his death bed, you felt the string tug at you once again.  That's why you hated connections and attachments. You can't cut them once they're been made. Not entirely, anyway.

The memories are still there. Their name will continue to echo in your ears. They will be mentioned. 

"No need to be so uptight... I.. never held anything against you." Nighteye said. 

You took in a sharp inhale and you left the room. You couldn't stare at this. 

Mirio ran passed you with a doctor clinging onto his hospital gown. "Sir Nighteye!"

You buried your face in your knees. But no tears were coming out. You felt that heaviness in your chest that other people describe when they're upset, but you felt no tears.

You finally stood up and walked in once again. The moment you did, Nighteye asked, "That's... Y/N?"

Midoriya motioned for you to come over and you stood next to Mirio. Nighteye put his hand on your cheek, similarly to how he did with Mirio, and used his quirk. His eyes widened a bit, before a smile curled at his lips.

"I always knew... your smile was beautiful... Y/N."

He lowered his hand. "Mirio... you becoming a fine hero... Y/N... your bright smile returning to you... those are parts of the future.. that mustn't be changed. So... keep smiling."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 39.1K 103
Todoroki x Reader x Bakugo ❄️🔥 🐈 💥 Bakugo slowly stood up first, shivering slightly in the process as a chill ran down his spine. He was tired...
21.7K 986 11
( shoto todoroki x reader ) for a boy with an ice quirk, shoto todoroki's hand is pleasantly warm to touch BNHA / COMPL...
34.7K 784 28
A fire to warm your cold heart... Shoto Todoroki was there with his flames warming you. A simple touch of his right hand sent warmth throughout your...
140K 3.2K 105
(Y/N) is a transfer student at UA from America, who shares the same quirks as her classmate Shoto Todoroki. She tries her best to become friends with...