Wings of Fire As Humans

By M0rb1d-

Moon is starting a new year in private school, just like everyone else. This school only opened a month ago... More

[1] Blond Hair, Blue Eyes, And A Stupid Face
[2] A Monkey That's Obsessed To Its Banana
[3] Now We're Even
[4] Two Girls And A Handful Of Drama
[5] Economy Class
[6] Scared Little Mice
[7] Endless
[8] A Broken Family
[9] A Bowl Of Doritos And A Bet
[10] A Car Full Of Weirdos And An Ostrich
[11] Redemption Of The Girls
[12] Sapphire
[13] The Four Elements Of Life
[14] Category Best Friend
[15] Permanently Permanent
[16] The Taste Of Hand Sanitizer
[17] Viral Videos
[18] The Day Before The Dance
[19] Tears Of A Broken Heart And A Broken Soul
[20] Mission Get A Girlfriend
[21] Jealousy And A Dream
[22] White Hair
[23] Ice Cream Without The Ice Cream
[24] Aint No Drama Like Mama
[26] New Year, New Me

[25] Terrifyingly Terrible Tuesday

714 5 144
By M0rb1d-

^Moon^

Who here hates Tuesdays?

Good for you.

Because so do I.

And typically, it's not as bad as Mondays, but we all know that one Tuesday that you'd absolutely love to get rid of. I didn't have one of those weird dreams tonight but I did wake up with the perfect strand of elderly hair. And trying to cut it off did me dirty, so I just had to go to school like that. New Years Dance is actually tomorrow, but I honestly could care less. To be honest, I might not go because if anything juicy happens, there's a high chance Tsunami will already be recording it.

Today was another casual Tuesday of avoiding Qibli and ignoring Glory. I didn't feel anything through it. I feel like the beginning of the year was much better than right now. Anyway, when I got home, I was surprised to see Secretkeeper there. The last time I saw her was a week ago, since she comes home late at night and leaves dead in the morning. But when I saw her face, I knew it was about something important.

"What's wrong? And how are you home?" I walked over to where she was sitting and sat down. She had her hair in a messy bun and looked horrifyingly tired.

"Yeah," Deathbringer agreed. "You look like a zombie, no offense." I sent him a look that said: just because you say no offense, doesn't mean offense isn't taken.

"None taken," Secretkeeper said. Deathbringer sent me a grin of triumph. I rolled my eyes. "I...actually need to talk to Moon about something." Deathbringer looked from me to Secretkeeper, not getting the point. "So... please go upstairs."

"Why?" he asked stubbornly. "I'm just as important as her. Plus if we're a fam- uh... If we live in the same house together, might as well stay away from secrets as much as possible. Am I right or am I right?"

"I know, honey," Secretkeeper said. "But it's not really a secret. It's just... girl talk. Besides, you probably won't even be remotely interested." Deathbringer crossed his arms and leaned back onto the couch, indicating that he was not going anywhere. Secretkeeper sighed and turned to me with a look of happiness.

"Moon," she continued, "you're getting married."

I was just about ready to call today Terrifyingly Terrible Tuesday. So, yeah, I sorta maybe overreacted when I started yelling curses at her, but I honestly didn't care since I didn't really have anything to lose.

"H-her? Married?" Deathbringer was on the verge of dying out laughing. I didn't exactly get the humor. "Damn. Well, okay. This is... a great joke. I seriously needed to laugh."

"It's not a joke."

"Dead grass?" Deathbringer asked and Secretkeeper nodded.

"I'm not getting married!" I cried, as I sent her a glare. "And you can't make me."

"You are, and tomorrow. I was going to make it today, but I decided that having you have a dinner with your fiancé to get to know him was better than 'love at first sight.' Anyway, it's for the best. I met up with Grandeur and she told me a story about her daughter and how she chose a terrible husband. I just want to protect you, and I promise you, I'll do anything in my will to do so."

"But making me get married is not your will!" I was boiling at this point. "Plus, I'm not even ready! Get married? At seventeen? What are you thinking?!"

"Moon," she said calmly. "Don't speak to me that way."

"There's no way you're actually going to make her get married," Deathbringer said. "That's unfair! Making her get married when she doesn't want to. She's not old enough yet, either."

"We won't discuss the matter anymore. Moon, get ready for the dinner. I have preserved seats for you and your fiancé."

"You're never here, probably out making out with your boyfriend, you barely manage to pay the bills, and you're making me get married without my consent? You're despicable! Utterly disgusting."

"You're crazy," Deathbringer said to Secretkeeper as he shook his head. I stood up from the chair and ran to my room. I ducked under my bed and pulled out my jade green luggage before shoving everything I could fit into it. I furiously started zipping it when Deathbringer walked in.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm running away from this stupid place," I spat. "And I'm not coming"—I aggressively put on my sweater—"back."

"Don't be foolish, Moon," Deathbringer said reassuringly. "I have an idea of how to get you out of this mess, and my ideas are always such a help."

"Even when the time I fell in between the wall and the sofa and you decided pouring soap on me was the best solution?"

"Yes, because it got you unstuck, didn't it?"

"I broke my arm."

"Okay... but what about the time I saved you from getting stung by a bee by pushing you into the pool?"

"It was a fly and I fractured my shoulder."

"Nobody likes flies, anyway."

I rolled my eyes. "Fine. What's this plan of yours?"

"*"

"Oh, dear, what has happened to your face?" Secretkeeper poked my cheek. "Is that... chicken pox? Your fiancé can never see you like this. Maybe I'll have to postpone the wedding..."

"YES—I mean, what a real bummer," I lied. "I was really hoping to meet my apparent soulmate." Secretkeeper hummed with curiosity before reaching over and rubbing the makeup off.

"It won't work on me, Moon. But good effort. Now, stop joking around and get ready. Grandeur and her family will be accompanying us at the dinner."

Seriously?

"*"

"This has to work," Deathbringer said. He stared at me before hiding in my closet. I sighed. Desperate times call for desperate matters.

"OW, I think I broke a bone! Help!"

There was a muffled shuffle coming from the other room and I quickly got into position; arm in a bent position that could sell the lie.

Secretkeeper poked her head in my room before walking up towards me. "What is it this time?"

"My arm... It's—it's broken!"

"And I'm Kylie Jenner. Moon, for real, stop it."

Ugh.

"*"

"AHHH, someone broke into our house and stole my—uh—sanity!"

"Don't make me speak to you again."

"*"

"Have you seen the news? People are inviting others over to their house and it always ends in a homicide. I'm not trying to get myself out of this situation. I'm just spitting the truth."

"Moon, so help me, I will ground you."

"*"

"This murderer on the loose again and she's dressing up as random people to get into people's houses!"

"Give me your phone."

"*"

"My friends actually invited me for ice cream, so..."

"Moon, stop it!"

"*"

"You know, Glory just texted me. My fiancé just died so we can just cancel the dinner."

"We are having this dinner whether you like it or not!"

"*"

"Help... I think I'm having a heart attack!"

"Don't make me send you to a mental asylum."

"*"

"I give up! Thanks for nothing."

"Hey, hey," Deathbringer said. "Don't worry."

Don't worry? Don't worry? Is he crazy? Worrying is the only think I have to do in this situation. And another thing I have to do is get ready for the damn dinner.

<3

So like, no the best not the worst blah.

Many writers writing an A/N would say something like: "Life has been very stressful for me and I'm just really having a difficult time in life right now. Please forgive me for everything." But no. I'm straight up just lazy. So. Bye, I guess.

Heartsss

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.5K 198 33
This is the sequel to the first book of One-shots. I hope you like it, anyway I take request. Although I may not do all of them. So, enjoy!
138K 481 28
These are not my characters but I have some of my favourite Ships in the book and not my favourite requests are available unless i'm finished with th...
1.5K 60 12
Moon was and is to perfect. She was able to handle all the voices in her head without going insane, she is shy, she is pretty, and so on. But what if...
600K 9K 200
Exactly what the title says. Truths or Dares chosen by YOU! the reader. Got a Dare idea for Clay, Tsunami, Glory, Starflight, Sunny, Peril, Riptide...