The complications of loving y...

By yourslytherinwife

"Let's be honest we all know we'll never end up together." "And why's that love?" "Because I don't believe i... More

Before we start
My letter
Sorry dad
Bloody Hell
Truce?
Hogwarts gets an update
I hate your eyes
Miss.Popular
Partner
Christmas with a Malfoy
We're both liars
I don't hate you either
Another day another fight
Knocked tf out
Letter
Snake like Badger
Last day
Summer
Triwizard
Back to hating you
Missed
Greengrass bitch
Lovely Bliss
Slipping away
Dragons and flashing lights
Why's it always the blondes?
What love is

Mind Reader

16 1 6
By yourslytherinwife

The rest of the summer came and went. Nothing changed with my dad. He once again was too busy for me,his only daughter. 

Cedric came over a lot to keep me company. It felt weird at first. Us being boyfriend and girlfriend. It wasn't much different from us being friends now that I think about it. We used to hold hands a lot before we started dating. Same with hugging and hanging out. Not much was different. Except....

WE HAD OUR FIRST KISS. 

We were sitting in my backyard under our big oak tree. We were just watching the clouds and talking. The conversation started to slow down and he turned to face me. I could feel my face heat up as I looked back at him. The next thing I knew his lips were on mine. I was shocked at first, but moved into it when it faded off. When we pulled apart he was cheesing as big as ever. A smile ear to ear. His lips were a tad puffed up. I just smiled back up at him as I watched him read my face. 

 I thought back to when he asked me out how I was hesitant. Or how I was nervous to be in this relationship and how I had doubted it. But that all went out the window when I saw him staring at me with such admiration.The ways his eyes ran over my face while his eyes flashed. There was something in his eyes I wasn't familiar with. 

It didn't matter to me though. Right then and there it felt completely right. Me being with Cedric made sense. WE made sense. And that was all I needed. 

Soon it was time to go back to school. My dad had to leave a week early again this year to get his class ready. So Cedric offered me a ride which I gladly accepted. The entire ride to the train station we sat in the back of his dad's car giggling like little kids and cracking jokes. 

When we made it to platforms I thanked Cedric's dad for the ride and lugged my trunks and bags onto a trolley and made my way to our platform with Cedric. We ran through the passage way and loaded our trunks onto the back of the train and headed inside. 

"I've got to sit with the perfects Y/n but I can walk you to your friends if you'd like."Cedric said intertwining our fingers. 

I looked down at our fingers and smiled."Yeah, I'd like that."

As we made our way to where my housemates were sitting I started to feel weird. My head was getting clouded. I heard somebody say something behind me but when I looked back nobody was there. I tried my best to push it down as we neared my friends compartment. 

"Here we are."Cedric said stopping in front of the door.

"Yep. Thank you for walking me Cedric."

"No problem." I turned to open the door but Cedric turned me back around and pecked my lips. It happened so fast I didn't have a chance to react. 

"Bye Y/n."He said and walked off. 

I stood there a second and processed it. He just kissed me on a train full of people. IN FRONT of my FRIENDS. I felt my face heat up as I slid the door open. 

I looked in to see my friends face's riddled with shock. 

"It's rude to stare."I said sitting down on the end of the seat. 

"You've got to be fucking kidding me" I heard Draco say before anyone else.

"What?"I asked looking at him."

"I didn't say anything."

"You did. You said you've got to be fucking kidding me."

"Y/n he didn't say anything."Blaise said looking confused. 

"I swore he did. I heard it clear as day. It was definitely him."I argued. 

"I didn't say anything Snape."Draco spat at me."So, you and Diggory. When did that happen?"He asked venom circling through his voice. 

"Oh,um. It was at my party. Almost everyone was gone, then he asked."I answered, pushing of what I swore I just heard. 

"Hmm."

"What Malfoy?" 

"Oh nothing. It's just funny."

"What is?"

"You could have done better than Diggory. WAY better than him in fact. But you hopped at the first person that came along huh?"He kept his gaze as far away from my eyes as possible.

"For your information Malfoy, I was asked out three times last year. First was Dean Thomas then Corner and even Theo."

"Fucking idiots." It was Malfoy's voice again.

"Why are they idiots for asking me out? Huh?"I asked getting pretty pissed off.

He just looked at me shocked.

"Y/n he didn't call anyone an idiot."Pansy said her eyes meeting mine. 

"He just did. Look I get it you lot may not like Cedric but it's not funny."

"Y/n I swear we aren't playing. Malfoy really didn't say anything." Blaise assured with sympathetic eyes. 

"It was clear as day though."I started to pick at my fingers again. 

What the hell was going on?

"You know maybe Macmillan was right."I heard Draco say. 

"Draco!"Pansy screeched. 

"Maybe what Malfoy?!"I shouted getting up off the seat. 

"You heard me Snape. Maybe Macmillan was right. You sure are acting like a slag."

"That's enough you two."Blaise said getting up and grabbing my arm. 

"Take it back Malfoy."

I watched his face as tears threatened to fall from my eyes. I watched the scowl on his face alter for a second and I saw sadness. A deep sadness I've seen all too many times before. But as fast as it came it left and his scowl was back.

"No."He said crossing his arms.

"Draco, you went too far mate. Just apologize."Blaise said letting my arm go.

"No and don't act like you care about her. You're just hoping that she'll let you get some. It's pathetic really." He spat. 

"Draco what the hell?!"It was Pansy's turn to jump up now.

"It's fine guys. I don't know why I ever wasted my time on him. He's no different than what everyone says. I'm done letting you toy with me Malfoy. Grow the hell up and learn to control your feelings you sick and twisted fuck!" I shouted at him. 

"Love?"

It was the saddest thing I've ever heard. The voice was so weak and sad. It sounded pain I was almost certain it came from Draco except his mouth didn't move at all. 

I turned around and ran out of our compartment. I could hear Pansy and Blaise shouting at Malfoy but I didn't care. My eyes burned with salty tears that would fall any second. Everything was getting too loud. All of the voices on the train seemed to mush together. It was like a megaphone in my head that could only get louder. 

"I miss you mum. "

"Where the hell is the trolly?"

"I've really got to use the bathroom."

"How much longer?"

"She's beautiful."

"I've got to find her."

"One more day."

"She's got a rather nice arse."

"But it's wrong right? Me liking her is wrong. She doesn't like girls. I'm so foolish. Right I'm being foolish. I-God what is Ronald doing?"

"What if he doesn't like me back?"

"I've fucked up. Bad."

"Somebody here smells rather nasty."

"Can they smell me. Blimey I forgot deodorant."

"Y/n!"

"My letters damn."

"Another year of Snape's bitching."

"It's always us three."

"Y/n! Are you okay?"

"Y/n can you hear me?"

Those last ones there aren't in my head. No they're normal.

"Y/n are you okay?"

I looked back and saw Harry looking at me beyond worried. 

"Oh. Yeah uhm. I'm fine."I muttered out not in the mood to explain.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. It's nothing."

"Oh. Okay then." 

"Mhm." I turned to walk away when I heard him again.

"Y/n."

I turned back and faced him. 

"Yes?"

He looked confused again. "I didn't say anything."

"You just said my name Harry."

"I didn't. But I thought it."

What the hell?

"Wait what?"

"Can you hear me?"

I rolled my eyes. "Of course I can hear you Harry you're right in front of me."

"Y/n I didn't say that aloud. I thought it."

"That's not funny Harry."

"I know it's not funny. It's amazing. Y/n you just read my mind twice!"

"But how?" I asked knowing he probably didn't know either. 

"I don't know but maybe we should ask Hermione. She'd know more about it." 

"You're right."

He led me back to a compartment with the rest of the golden trio plus the twins and Ginny in it. 

We walked in and just stood there and looked at Harry.

"Say something." I heard Harry's voice.

"You say something Harry. Why should I?" 

Everyone in the compartment looked up at us confused. I gave them a sheepish smile realizing what I had done. 

"What's that all about?"Ron asked with his mouth stuffed with taffy. 

"Well."Harry started but looked at me for approval before continuing. I nodded to him letting him know it was okay. "Y/n sort of can read minds."

"Blimey!"The twins said at the same time.

"There's no way!"Ginny shouted. 

"It's true she read my mind twice already."

I just looked around the compartment avoiding their eyes. 

"Bloody hell." The voice belonged to Ron. 

"You seem to love saying bloody hell Ron."I said still avoiding looking at them. 

"Bloody hell. She just read my mind! How the hell did she do that?"Ron screeched seemingly impressed. 

"It could have been a lucky guess. Ron says that daily."Hermione said voice full of questions. 

"Hmm she's right Y/n try to see what everyone in here is thinking about if it's okay with you."Harry said. 

"Well the twins are thinking about pranking my dad with spelled jumping jacks. Ron is wondering if Hermione is going to eat that pumpkin patsy. Ginny is thinking of Harry and Harry is thinking about his parents. And Hermione.." I said turning to face her as I heard all of their voices and thoughts run through my head.."Is thinking about...Me. More specifically how I smell of " oak pines and lavender." 

I watched her face turn bright red.  

"Everyone convinced now?" I asked some what feeling proud of myself. 

"Yeah and it's very cool and all"Ron started. He looked over at Hermione and gave her a sheepish smile."Are you going to eat that though?"

The compartment burst out in laughter. Hermione tossed Ron the snack and avoided my eye. 

Did I do something wrong? 

It's what she was thinking. 

Should I have lied?

"Oi, Y/n where are the rest of your friends?" Ron asked mouth already stuffed. 

"Oh,umm. Me and Malfoy got in a fight so I ran off and Pansy and Blaise were yelling at him."I explained picking at my fingers. 

"Well how did the fight start?"Harry asked taking off his glasses to clean them. 

"Well me and Cedric are dating now and well Cedric kissed me goodbye and it set Malfoy off. He said I could have done better than Cedric and that Macmillan was right and I was a slag."I picked at my finger harder causing some skin to peel up. 

"You and Cedric?!"Hermione asked her voice shooting up a few octaves. 

"Yeah."I said started rocking on my heals.

"Since when?"Ginny looked lost.

"After my party he asked me." 

"Seems Cedric.."

"Finally manned up."The twins looked at each other and grinned. 

I felt eyes on me. I looked over to see Hermione's brown eyes on mine. My eyes met her and she looked away. 

"What are you going to do Y/n?" Asked Ginny. 

"Yeah last time you two fought he started pranking you."Harry added as if I needed the reminder. 

"I'm going to ignore his dim witted arse and if he thinks he's going to repeat what he did last time I'll give him a reason to go running to his father. He really messed up this time. I'm going to make his beg me to forgive him."I said. 

I mostly said it because I knew that it's probably what they wanted to hear. I had every intention of ignoring him and not letting him mess with me again but I wouldn't make him beg me for forgiveness. What he said was messed up yes, but we were still friends. He helped me this summer when I really needed somebody. 

Whatever he was so mad about he'd have to get over soon. I should be pissed at him and I kind of was. But I should have been more pissed. But I kind of missed him. His stupid ugly dumb smirk. His not so secret bashing and jokes. Most of all I missed him being there listening to me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.8K 487 7
" The only thing you're doing to yourself is getting your hopes up for no reason! " " And the only thing you're ...
1K 67 29
A muggleborn Slytherin? Unheard of. What will happen when that girl becomes friends with Harry, Ron, and Hermione? What will happen when she falls in...
573 60 27
Your brother, Harry Potter absolutely hates the Malfoy's, Mainly Draco Malfoy. But you just can't seem to shake Draco from your head. You and Draco h...
582K 17.7K 52
Our world was so full of stereotypes; judgement being passed without concrete evidence. I lived my life right smacked in the middle of stereotypes. E...