AGAINST THE TIDE Book #2

jmhallewell

Marcelle and Vittoria are on a path that challenges their union and choice to be in love. Will they cave into... Еще

Author's Note
Cast
Prologue
Chapter One: For Love
Chapter Two: Locked Doors
Chapter Three: Incompetence
Chapter Four: Succumbing
Chapter Five: An Admission
Chapter Six: It's A Sin
Chapter Seven: Intention
Chapter Eight: Ex Wife
Chapter Nine: Aged Fine Wine
Chapter Ten: Untold Secrets Part 1
Chapter Eleven: Understanding
Chapter Thirteen: The Sister
Chapter Fourteen: The Siblings
Chapter Fifteen: The Bid
Chapter Sixteen: Si Signor
Chapter Seventeen: She Loves Me
Chapter Eighteen: He Loves Me Too!
Chapter Nineteen: Labelled
Chapter Twenty: Reactions
Chapter Twenty One: Silence
Chapter Twenty Two: Solved
Chapter Twenty Three: Precedence
Chapter Twenty Four: Untold Secrets Part 2
Chapter Twenty Five: In Marseilles Part 1
Chapter Twenty Six: In Marseilles Part 2
Chapter Twenty Seven: Rehab
Chapter Twenty Eight: The Parents
Chapter Twenty Nine: Welcome Home
Chapter Thirty: Home Is Best
Chapter Thirty One: The Hit
Chapter Thirty Two: Messages For You
Chapter Thirty Three: Transition
Chapter Thirty Four: Her Jealousy Part 1
Chapter Thirty Five: She's Back
Chapter Thirty Six: Little Diavolo
Chapter Thirty Seven: It's Personal
Chapter Thirty Eight: Ciao Chica
Chapter Thirty Nine: Her sisters
Chapter Forty: Her Jealousy Part 2
Chapter Forty One: A Good Day?
Chapter Forty Two: Unexpected
Chapter Forty Three: Red Part 1
Chapter Forty Four: Red Part 2
Chapter Forty Five: Love Me Forever
Chapter Forty Six: A Good Streak
Chapter Forty Seven: A Dream
Chapter Forty Eight: Wake Up Dear
Chapter Forty Nine: The Parking Lot Beef
Chapter Fifty: Too Many Hands
Chapter Fifty One: The Mothers
Chapter Fifty Two: Bickering Pair
Chapter Fifty Three: Love Me Forever Part 1
Chapter Fifty Four: Love Me Forever Part 2
Chapter Sixty: Love Me Forever Part 3
Epilogue

Chapter Twelve: An Older Friend

434 72 114
jmhallewell

Vittoria's POV
"You have a really nice place!" She exclaimed as she stood still at the foyer looking around. "It's a beautiful penthouse. Has it been renovated?"

"I don't know."

"Because it doesn't look as old as building. This is a great rpot." She walked to the window. "Look at the 360° views! You know I used to be a realtor!"

"Like Maia." I noted as I went through the fridge looking for something to serve her.

"Maiara Sinclair?" She peeked into the fridge with me.

"Si."

"Maia is really good at what she does. She's among the wealthiest realtors I know. So..." She took a seat on one of the leather bar stools. "...you are still with him."

After Marcelle told me to decide what to do about our relationship, I was very sad and I called Vienna. She really listened to me and she told me that whatever happens, I can go to her.

"Si. We fixed things."

"I'm glad to know that. I had set up the guest room for you." She smiled at me. There's something so warm and endearing about her that I am falling in love with. She feels motherly. "Though... I know we don't know each other like that but may I ask you something?"

"Si." I prepared the milk for tea.

"Does he love you? I'm asking because men his age, men who have left their wives to pursue younger women do it for other reasons that are not love. Like sex or just to have a pretty trophy. Does Marcelle love you?"

"He hasn't said it yet."

"Hmmm... maybe he will. But he careful dear. So that you're not used."

"He will never do that. He's a good man."

"I would like to meet him."

"Stay for dinner, you meet him."

"Oh no! Not tonight. Tonight my bloody children are coming to Manhattan to harass me. They call it a bloody intervention.  Bloody wonkers!"

I laughed at how she matters to herself. "Another day then."

Marcelle hasn't left yet. He said he will spend the week with me. I'm excited to have him around. I served Vienna the hot cup of tea and another for myself.

"How many children do you have?"

"Four. Vicar, Viola and Verna."

"All have names that start with V like you. It's like Marcelle's family. All have names with M. Wait..." I counted my fingers. "You said four. You have only mentioned three."

She sipped her tea slowly, wrapping her fingers around the cup.

"The fourth one... I gave the fourth one away."

"Why?"

"Because I was trying to save my marriage."

"But giving a child away ruins a marriage. The father.... It wasn't your husbands."

"No."

"Dio! Mi dispiace. I hope I haven't brought up bad memories, si?"

"It's quite all right." She placed her hand on mine. "Vicar is my eldest. He's 38 years old. Then there's Viola. She's 35 years old. Verna is 30 years old. One boy, two girls."

"And how old are you?"

"I'm hitting 60 this weekend and I would love it if you come to London and celebrate with me."

It means she was 22 years old when she had her first born. She was so young. "I have to ask Marcelle."

"Why? You're a grown up. You could just come."

"Ay no! Last time I did that, he was not happy with me. I must ask."

"What happened last time?"

"I went to Sydney with my dance instructor and he drugged my drink. He wanted to take advantage."

"Did he?"

"No."

"Oh thank goodness! And where Is the bloody bastard now?"

"I don't know." I can't tell her that he's probably dead. The Mafia doesn't play around. I am even afraid of knowing it myself. To keep someone else for m dying, it is best I ask for permission first.

"You really have to be careful Vee! Sexual predators are real! You're young and so beautiful. Take care of yourself."

"I learned my lesson."

"Call him now. Tell him I'm inviting you to London."

"Okay." I looked at my phone. He's reminding of dinner with his friends. He says he really wants me to meet someone close to him. It seems I haven't met this particular friend yet. As the phone rang on his end, Vienna plastered her ear against my phone.  "Hi." I greeted him.

"Hi bambina. What are you up to?"

"I'm at home. I have a friend over."

"That's nice."

"I have something to ask you. I want to go to London this weekend."

"Uh... This weekend won't work baby girl."

"Not with you. I want to go with you but not this weekend I go with a friend."

"Before I say that's fine, which friend are we talking about? Yuki? Sherry? Lettie?"

"No. A new friend. Her name is Vienna."

"Ah ha. Do I know your new friend?"

"No."

"Okay baby girl, so you want me to be okay with you going to London with someone I don't know."

"She's nice."

"I'm sure you think so. Does she have a second name?"

"Si. Northcott."

"Vienna Northcott... Vienna Northcott... Do you mean Viola?"

"No. Vienna. Viola is her daughter."

"Mrs Northcott?" He asked.

"Yes!" Vienna took the phone and out it on speaker. "Mrs Northcott. Vee and I ran interested each other at a clothing store and since then we have been good friends. It's my birthday this weekend and I would love for her to come with me."

"I guess it's okay." He answered. "It's okay."

He hanged up.

"You have to start demanding and not ask. Such strong willed men like him thrive when a woman is weak."

"I'm weak?"

"Too soft. You surrender too fast dear. You should be more... what is the word..." She snapped her fingers. "Assertive. You should be more assertive. Also, make decisions and let him know so that he knows you have your own mind."

"I cannot. He's very authoritative. He wants what he wants."

"Worry not. Hang around me and you'll learn how to get your way gracefully." She touched my cheek.

Marcelle's POV
When Reli said we should link up, I thought it would just be us but then he ran into Ethan and Rafael and he wants all of us to have dinner at the Chea Nivan consulate here in Manhattan.

I am excited to see my friend. We are rarely together given we have full plates. But I am concerned about Charle and Renée and how they will treat Vee.

I only wanted to introduce her to Reli, not Renée. I don't mind Renee but she can be a wild card. I have parked the car a short distance from the consulte to ask him if Renée will be okay with Vee's presence.

"Pick up pick up." I whispered.

He's phone is going answered.

"Is something wrong?" Vee asked me after she came out of the car.

"No. Nothing is wrong. I'm just waiting on a call."

"That is an embassy." She pointed. "You have friends who are diplomats?"

"Something like that." I smiled. I haven't told her that Reli is a king. I just want to see her face when she finds out. For us it's nothing because we know each other but for new people to our circle, it's unbelievable that one of our friends is a king and the other a queen.

"Your phone." She pointed.

"Hey!" I answered and moved away from Vee.

"Hey! We are waiting for you. I expected Rafael to be late, not you." He chuckled.

"I'm sorry about that. I'm with my girlfriend. I just remembered that Renée will be there. Will she be comfortable with my girlfriend being there?"

"She's cool. Don't worry about it."

"Are you sure?" I glanced at my girlfriend. I don't want to make Vee uncomfortable. I told her I'll protect her, and I will.

"I'm sure. We both want to meet her. Don't get cold feet."

"Fine. I'm outside, I'll drive in. See you in a bit." I went back to Vee. "Let's go baby girl." I settled behind the wheel. "So... you know Ella and Ethan, right?"

"Si."

"They are here. Uh... Reina's sisters are also here."

She stared at me bug-eyed and pale. "Reina's sisters? Signor..."

"Renée and Charle."

"Won't they... they won't want to see me with you."

"If you feel uncomfortable, we will leave. Just tell me you are uncomfortable and we will leave."

"Okay."

We went through security and finally into the consulate. I stopped for a moment. She looks like a nervous mess. "Hey, it's going to be fine. Reli is my closest friend. You will like him. I promise."

"I'm worried about her sisters. They won't like me."

"Say summer."

"Summer."

"When you want to leave, just day summer and I'll take your hand, make an excuse and we will leave."

She smiled at me. "Where is the kitchen? I should leave this wine somewhere." She looked around. This consulate is a glimpse of what the palace in Carperia looks like. "Look at the ceiling Signor! Who painted all that?"

"The very best!" I heard Reli's voice. He came down the steps with a big smile on his face. "Marcelle!"

He gave me a big hug. "Hey!"

"She's perfect." He whispered into my ear. "You are looking buff." He noted.

"A little gym on some days." I chuckled.

"I can see why." His brown eyes settled on Vee. "Please introduce me."

"The full intro?"

"No! That will make this weird!" He chuckled. "Give her the simple one."

"Vee, this is my best friend Reli."

"Hello Signor. My name is Vittoria." She offered her hand. He didn't shake it. He kissed the back of it making my girlfriend blush.

"It's an honor. He talks endlessly about you. Everything is always about Vee. I told him I must meet you. You are fittingly beautiful, more than he said you'd be."

"Your majesty, you have a phone call." A woman approached us.

"Your majesty?" Vee asked. "Dio! I bow?"

Reli laughed heartily. "No. Not here. You guys go up. I'll follow in a bit. Is this for me?" He took the bottle of wine.

"Si."

"Thank you." He took the bottle with him.

Vee squealed after he left. "A king? Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I wanted to see your face. Are you ready to meet the queen?" I asked her.

She sighed deeply. "Si. Let's meet the queen."

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

A Mafia Daughter Egeeron

Любовные романы

544K 2.6K 5
Viviana Aliotta- A Mobster's Daughter and soon to be, like her sisters, a mobster's wife. That was how she was raised, that was what she was born for...
DARKNESS IS LIGHT mona 💞

Любовные романы

6.5M 267K 80
'Sometimes the DARKNESS you fear IS the LIGHT you seek' //MATURE CONTENT// A MAFIA ROMANCE Ranked: #1 bwwm #1 polyamory #1 bisexual #1 wmbw #1 blac...
Sweet Temptation Shreya

Любовные романы

542 94 17
The first time Cassio met his fiancée, she called him 'Sir'. After losing his wife, Cassio is left to take care of two small children while trying to...
A Match Made in Hell

Любовные романы

69 1 22
A story set in the past between two people forced into a marriage. How will It turn out? Two rival mafias and a bond that breaks the line between inn...