Mechanical (CPD)

By KNeill006

Jordan Hermandez used to be a ranger with Jay but left a few years before him due to her mother's illness. Th... More

Photography
Hospital
The Meeting
First Day
Molly's
Banned
Zoe
Shot
Best Friend
Bullies
Drugs
Hospital
Tim
Zoe's First Day
Goodbyes
Drunk
Therapy
Found
Carnival
Kidnapped
Teachers
I've got you
Grave
Slept Together?
Undercover
Watch your back
Warning signs
Help, Please!
Jordan!
Mom
Okay?
Lakehouse
Love
Fun day

Questions

874 10 4
By KNeill006

"Do you know where his family is?" Asked Antonio.

"His wife is signing some papers currently. His friends are there and his Sargent had to go and something."

"Could be the Sargent? She disappears before he dies." Suggested Adam.

"It's not Sargent Cassie." I said.

"And you know that because?"

"Because she wouldn't do that." Said Jay.

"What are you guys doing here?" Asked Kim.

"Saying goodbye to James and checking on Lily." Jay said.

"Where's Lily?"

"I'm here."

"What have you got on the case so far?" I asked towards Kevin as Antonio went to talk to Lily.

"Not much. The owner of Mama's Diner said that there was a strange man hanging around this building and then went inside. We've searched it and we found-"

"-nothing. Everyone stop talking to these two." Said Hank.

"Why can't we know?" Asked Jay.

"Because it involves family and we don't want you killing this person just because they killed James."

"Bullshit. You do whatever you want Hank. Why can't we?" I snapped.

"Because you're good police." Argued Hank.

"Let us help." Jay argued.

"No. Go home." Ordered Hank.

*Antonio's Pov*

"So, Lily did you see anything unusual?"

"No. I was facing forward waiting for my family to tap me out."

"So you think they shot from behind?"

"No obviously not because my wounds are from the front and so are James's. If I were you, I would ask the people facing us. Maybe start with Scout."

"Scout?"

"James's child."

"Why him?"

"He kept pointing up to the window saying something along the lines of 'Who's that?'"

"You heard him?"

"No I can lip read."

"Oh ok. We'll talk to him. Is there anyone who would want to hurt you?"

"Me specifically? No. But our team? Yeah."

"What do you mean?"

"We had a mole in the unit a few years back, ordered a kill on Jay and Jordan. Miles, the one who ordered the kill was saved by Jordan earlier in the week but he had already paid for the hit so he jumped in front of the bullets. He saved them."

"What has this got to do with any of it?"

"Miles was adopted when he was younger and a week before he was shot, his mother reached out."

"Who was his mother?"

"I don't know. Some woman called Samantha. Ask Cassie for the letters, I think she has them."

"Okay, thank you. I hope you get better."

When we left the room, I got a text from Voight telling us to return to the district once finished and a call from Severide.

Hey, Kelly. What's up?

What happened at work?

What do you mean?

Jay and Jordan are at 51. They're hanging with the crew. Aren't you guys working a case?

Talk to Jordan.

Antonio. Please.

James Wilson, their ranger buddy was killed.

Thanks, I owe you.

When we returned to the district, Samantha was already in custody after Adam updated Voight while I was on call.

"So, what's she saying?" I asked.

"Nothing that can help us. She said once she knew that Miles had died, she payed her respects then left. She's been in Miami for years." Explained Kevin.

"Why is she in Chicago?" I asked.

"She got in this morning, after the shooting. She came for a friend's wedding." Explained Kim.

"She did say however, that Miles has a brother, Chris. He has lived in Chicago for years now, ever since Miles died." Said Kevin.

"Alright. I want Chris found and brought down here."

Kim and Kevin came back with Chris and put him in the Interrogation room.

"How do you want to explain the $10,000 that was transferred out of your account two days ago?" Asked Hank.

"You want me to say that I shot those Rangers, don't you? Well I didn't. I paid $10,000 to a a gang to find James and Lily."

"To do what?"

"I asked them to ruff them up a little bit, not shoot them. I was asked by someone else."

"Who?"

"Dunno. They said to meet at the abandoned building opposite Mama's Diner. I don't know who she was."

"She?"

"Yeah. Her hair was blonde but she was wearing a mask."

"Height?"

"Around 5ft 6."

"Sounds like Cassie." Kim said as we joined the others.

"Jordan and Jay trust her though. You really think it's her?" I asked.

"Possibly but what would the motive be?" Asked Kevin.

"We found out that Miles was engaged to a Poppy Smith, Cassie's sister."

"What happened to Poppy?"

"When Miles died, she turned to drugs and overdosed. She died 2 years ago."

"And in the report of Miles' death, it was written that James and Lily were the ones who performed CPR and had to call Miles' death."

"So, Cassie got them killed, or at least tried to."

"I didn't do any of that, Sargent Hank Voight. You're looking for the wrong person. My father is the one you should be looking for."

"Yeah and why's that?"

"He called me after the shooting and asked me to meet him. He said he was in some trouble and needed money to get out of town. He's in a safe house on West division."

"Thanks." Said Kim.

"Don't leave town." Said Hank.

"I won't and don't you dare blame me again for my team members deaths."

"I'm sorry Sargent. It won't happen again."

When we got to the safe house, Cassie's dad, John was shot dead. A note was next to his body as well as some cash.

"What's it say?" Asked Kevin.

"You didn't tell me they were Rangers. There's your blood money." Read out Kim.

"Great. So, what are we looking at?"

"John hired someone else to kill them, and the shooters realised they were rangers so didn't go through with it. So, who shot James and Lily?"

"I would say any local gangs but Alex just came back with a document saying that one of her patients hated Veterans."

"Why?"

"Saying that Veterans got his brother killed. His name was Mark and he's a cop."

"Wait, the one with the bionic arm. Jordan mentioned him."

"So, he's our shooter?"

"Yeah, he's our first suspect."

We got back to the precinct and told Hank our theory and all the evidence we had. He told us to go home and that we would carry this on tomorrow.

"Who's going to Molly's?" I asked.

"I'm not, I have date." Said Kim.

"I'm tired and need sleep." Said Kevin.

"Adam?"

"Nah, sorry mate. I have a date."

"Alright, see you guys tomorrow."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

230K 4K 49
[ season 2,3 & 4 of Chicago P.D. ] [undergoing minor grammar and spelling editing] Life hasn't been kind to Spencer Grey. She's been through more tha...
31K 511 15
A young girl finds herself in big trouble and needs help, but maybe the help she receives will land her in even deeper trouble, maybe it will get her...
417K 6.6K 31
What happens when Jay Halstead meets Hank Voight's adoptive daughter and ex-fiance of one of Chicago's most notorious Drug Dealers Disclaimer: I own...
31.7K 441 11
Y/n Creed is a young girl who is trying to break out of trouble. When she has a run in with the Intelligence Unit they know there is more to this gir...