Dark Hearted || Narry AU ✔

MagicNarry द्वारा

[Complete] The year is 1750, and pirates rule the seas. Niall Horan, notorious pirate of the “Plundering Dark... अधिक

Description
Chapter 1- "Pilot"
Chapter 2- "The British are coming"
Chapter 3- "Family"
Chapter 4- "The Quest"
Chapter 5- "Dancing sea"
Chapter 6- "The beauty of the sea"
Chapter 7- "Tricky Trade"
Chapter 8- "Thank you"
Chapter 09- "Greedy"
Q&A
Chapter 10- "Bloodstream"
Chapter 11- "the stowaway"
Chapter 12- "Yo Ho"
Chapter 13- "The song of death"
Authors note
Chapter 14- "Siren Island"
Chapter 15- "Red, white, and blue"
Chapter 16- "Let the water guide you"
Chapter 17- "The blue eyed man"
Chapter 19- Accepting Weaknesses
Chapter 20- "The cost of kindness"
Chapter 21- "The glowing falls"
Chapter 22- "The effects"
Chapter 22.5- Alternate ending- "The tides have turned"
Chapter 23- Epilogue- "Dear Child"
thank you

Chapter 18- "Vulnerability"

2.2K 159 120
MagicNarry द्वारा

Another chapter! Hurrah!

Answer: Hogwarts, Neverland, Eragon/Jurassic park (believe it or not aha)

Dedication: @XxLifeIsGoodxX, @Cxshtxn_, @obsessedwith5boys, @_larrys_boobear_, @xStylzx, @karrystyles12, @taryneckert, @TineLoveHarry, @50_shadesofnarry (Your jokes, I cant. XD), @BriannaThornton6, & @narry_2go (I don't actually know how I would react to be honest. XD).

Words: 2006

********

It hurt. It bloody hurt so badly watching Liam cry over his limp boyfriend, it hurt knowing that it was my fault. It hurt so badly knowing that I could have saved him, that it was me that should have been dying and not him. That it was me that would have been there, in his place. It hurt knowing that it wasn't, instead it was my best mate- my caring, heart of gold, best mate that would do anything for me- lying dead. He didn't deserve to die, if anyone should have died it should have been me.

But I had to keep the promises I made him, I had to protect and watch over Liam, and I had to keep up the search for the elixir. His death would not mean nothing, and I would make sure of that. My mind reminded me that I had made another promise, one to look after Harry because love was a hard thing to find. I would look after him anyways, but now with the words lingering in my mind the promise seemed more important. The task seemed dire, direr than it had. I was a mix of emotions, and I couldn't make out just one to focus on. Louis wrapped himself around Liam, tugging him away from Zayn, and after a bit of struggle, Liam complied. He buried his head into Louis' shoulder, his hands fisting his shirt tightly, and Louis' hand running soothingly up and down his back while tears fell down both their faces. Broken sobs filled the air, and an aura of mourning surrounded the ship. We were sailing away, leaving behind dead crew members and friends that had been with us for decades.

It was all a hard pill to swallow.

I thought I had gotten over this feeling, this overwhelming feeling of loss every time someone I cared about died. I thought I had steeled myself enough for this, stopped myself from hurting so much when it happened. Then again I didn't really plan on losing Zayn, I could never prepare myself for that-for this. I scrubbed roughly at my face, sniffling pathetically. My legs felt weak, my body buzzing with grief, stomach lurching with sorrow. I felt weak, and I hated the feeling. I had never felt like this before, not even when I lost my father- but I was more angry at him then anything at that point really.

I stood up nonetheless, silently making my way down the flights of stairs that separated me and Harry, Harry and I as Zayn would have corrected. I could feel the dampness on my face, the sticky sensation as the cool breeze dried the tears. I had never truly felt this way, not that I can remember anyways. Maybe I had, once upon a time, a long time ago. So long ago that I had forgotten it. Didn't matter anyways, because I felt this way now, and there was no getting rid of the immeasurable pain that thudded in my chest. No cure that I knew of anyways.

I stumbled down the corridor, slamming against the walls on occasion due to the sway of the ship and the limpness that took over my body. I fell against the door, causing it to swing open loudly, causing a loud thud to echo through the room. Both lads' head snapped in my direction, eyes wide and filled with worry and fear. Harry's lips began to twitch into a smile before he caught my expression and his eyes filled with worry. I'm sure I looked like a right mess, red faced, red rimmed eyes, runny nose, but I didn't care. I quickly got the keys, unlocking his cell, and he stepped back from me with fear in his eyes.

The worry wasn't concealed but fear over powered it just a bit. I sniffled, before throwing myself at Harry, hugging him close. I dug my face into the crook of his neck, not caring about how stiff he stood, or the fact that he hadn't wrapped his arms around me. I needed it, but I wouldn't force him to show care to me. After almost a minute, he hadn't embraced me back, and that caused more tears to run to my eyes. I was emotional at the moment, so everything sort of set me off. I pulled back, standing up straight. I wiped my eyes, and scowled going back to my usual exterior.

He truly didn't care, and for once Zayn was wrong. He was wrong. Harry held no love for me, and it made me certain he never had. I threw the keys down, and stalked out of the room. I couldn't handle all of this. The door slammed shut behind me, and I clenched my fists at my side. I angrily punched a beam, scowling at the pain but it was a pain I could somewhat control. It was my main focus, so the rest of the pain became dull, in the back of my mind if only for a second.

But then it rushed back in full force, and I screamed, clutching my head as I fell to my knees. A door banged, a gasp filled the room and then I was in a warm embrace that somehow took some of the pain away. Hushed sounds filled my ears but I could barely hear them over the sound of blood rushing through my ears, over the sound of my heart thumping erratically, over the image of Zayn dying because he was protecting me.

"I've got you, you're okay. You're going to be okay." The deep voice whispered and I knew who it was. Instead of saying anything I turned, hands clenching his dirty, ripped shirt, head digging into the crook of his neck as I inhaled his calming- slightly muskier- scent and tried to calm down. Tears streamed down my face, and I didn't care about this moment of weakness. I didn't care. I had just lost my best mate, I could have an hour of emotions and weakness, and I could cuddle up to Harry right now and not worry about anything. I could cry, I could scream, I could mourn. My reputation didn't matter right now, and soon this sadness would turn to anger, but for now I would enjoy the embrace.

"What happened love?" He questioned quietly, hands running through my hair. It had taken a while, but I had stopped crying, and during that time we had laid down, my head on his chest as he tried to calm me down. I didn't want to say it, scared that then it would truly be real. But, as far as I could tell he had a good connection with Zayn, and Zayn had forgiven him, so he deserved to know.

"Zayn is dead." I whispered, voice hoarse from screaming and crying. Harry's body went rigid, hands freezing in my hair. He looked at me with wide, sad eyes, and I nodded solemnly to confirm it. He nodded sadly, eyes filling with tears as well, but he grunted, wiped them away and then continued to run his hands through my hair.

It was probably about an hour later when we finally stood up, Harry's hand lingering on my back, his heartbeat engraved into my mind. He glanced at me, an unreadable expression on his face before he turned and made his way back towards the brig. His movements were slow, clumsy like they always were, and I smiled despite myself because there was the Harry that I used to know. There was my Harry.

"Harry." I said softly, and he stopped walking, but didn't turn. I stayed silent, waiting for him to turn. I didn't want to do this looking at his back. He turned slowly, bottom lip between his teeth, eyes curious. They were brighter, the green almost as bright as they were before he left, and a small smile graced my lips. I tried not to think of why he had left, not really pleased with what had been said in that conversation- well more of him ranting about how horrible we were- and decided to focus on the here and now, like Zayn had asked of me. It wasn't hard to love Harry, but it was hard. Zayn said he saw the love, but I couldn't distinguish it. Now, well now I think I see what he was talking about.

"Yes?" He asked timidly.

"Do you still hate us?" I questioned, instead of what I was originally planning on saying. His brows furrowed and he laughed bitterly.

"I could never hate you. I'm- I'm sorry for what I said, it was uncalled for. It was the perception of you, of pirates. I've been told my whole life that they're monsters, blood thirsty, greedy. I just, I didn't see it but i- it's all I've ever known. They're wrong, and I'm sorry. But I don't hate you, far from it." He explained, eyes sparkling with honesty and hope and I nodded. We stayed silent a minute, and Harry turned sadly back to the door.

"Harry." I called again, and he turned once again. "Why don't you come with me?" I asked, not thinking of the request, not thinking of what it could mean or what it will mean. Today was the day where I wouldn't let the world outside this ship affect me, I would hold Harry while I fall asleep, and tomorrow I will be Captain Niall again, and work everything out. And hopefully, even as Captain Niall, Harry will want to stay by my side.

He just nodded and took my outstretched hand, a small smile gracing his face as well as mine.

************

So, it was a bit fluffy, wanted to work up from Zayn's death but didn't want this chapter to angsty and sad.

What will happen in the morning?

Will Liam or the crew blame Niall for this?

Will Harry stick by him? Will Niall want him to?

What will happen to Brad? Has the curse affected him yet?

What is going on with Liam and Louis? And the crew?

How does seeing Niall's vulnerable side make you see him as a person?

How will Harry perceive Niall's vulnerable side? Does it prove that he was wrong in his assumptions?

Will Niall still allow himself to be vulnerable in the morning?

Will he need Harry?

Real life question of the day:

Favorite superhero?

Dedication to the commenter that can guess:

What my dream car is (Accepting 3 answers)

OR

If I prefer fruits or vegetables more?

150 comments for an update by Thursday?

Xx Val

{The new cover though}

[p.s. It feels like I haven't written a little inspirational note in so long and now I feel like you guys may be forgetting what I'm telling you and I am so sorry. You are all so phenomenally wonderful and caring and sweet and funny and witty and smart and beautiful. Like you all make my day, all your comments are amazing and I read each and every single one of them. They honestly are the things I look forward to, is reading your comments. You guys all have so much going for you, so much potential and I know that one day, you're going to be the ones ruling this world, and it'll be freaking awesome. Each and every one of you are brilliant and perfect. You see flaws and imperfections but those are the things that make you, you. You're perfect, in your own special way, and it's such an amazing thing. You are a piece of the puzzle that keeps the world turning. You are amazing, exceptional, extraordinary. Please never forget that.]

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

148K 9.8K 57
Five boys gifted with super powers, formed a group known as the Elite Five, and vowed to protect the world against those who abused their abilities a...
226K 10.1K 50
"So what, then? You're a drug dealer?" "Something like that." #3 in Narry -- Book One WARNING: illegal substances/alcohol, sexual conten...
229K 8.9K 69
Frenemies Niall and Harry find themselves in a weird bet and neither of them is willing to back out ! A Narry Story ! Other ship : Ziam ! ®All rig...
559K 31.4K 32
[Complete] The plan was simple. Raid the Prince's ship, hold him for ransom. but nothing is ever simple.. prince!harry || pirate!louis