Little Flame

By Dino_Boopie

An alternate universe with our avengers, and a classification system. Our main character, August Reeves, is a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Attention All Readers

Chapter 7

2.9K 45 1
By Dino_Boopie

Quick note here, sorry the previous chapter seven accidentally got deleted. I hope you guys enjoy the rewrite as this is going to be different
—Author

After hours of being in the lab, Tony and Peter had reached a small lull and were taking a break. Peter was petting Peony while Tony checked the time. 6:04 pm. Steve was more then likely cooking dinner. He had a pretty predictable schedule and that helped Tony remember to take breaks and actually take care of himself.
"Alright kid, I think we've done enough today." Tony started as he stretched in his chair. "I think we should head up and eat." Peter stretched as well, and stood up with Peony in his arms as she purred loudly. "Ok Mr. Stark." Tony smiled at the kid. Once they were inside the elevator, Tony cleared his throat to speak. "Alright kid, I am confiding in you top secret information not even the other avengers know." Peter looked at him in awe still holding Peony. "And I am trusting you to keep quiet and not tell anyone. Not even that friend of yours, Ned." Peter nodded, excitement building in him. He couldn't believe Mr. Stark trusted him with such important information!
The elevator made it to Tony and Steve's floor, and a shout was heard before the doors slid open. Peter looked at Tony, who seemed to be calm. The living room of the floor showed no sign of life. Tony's face showed confusion, matching Peter's. Steve could be heard speaking down the hallway towards the rooms and Tony and Peter shared a look. Peony jumped from Peter's arms and was the first to walk towards the noise, with Tony shrugging and following. Peter looked a little concerned but straggled behind Tony warily.
They all stood in the door way of the nursery. Peter looked all over the room in awe. He hadn't seen this room before. Tony was leaning on the door frame lovingly watching as Steve smile and tickle Auggy, who was playing in a large play gym on the floor. Peter looked up at his mentor as he started to piece things together. Tony's smiled and nodded towards his husband and little boy as to say they should go back to watching.
Peony missed her master. August was her favorite person. So she made her way up to him and sat by his head. August turned his head to look at her and giggled. Steve saw where she came from and looked up at the door. He waved at the duo in the doorway smiling. Tony strode over to his husband and leaned down to give him a kiss. Peter stayed in the doorway. He was a little taken aback by the sight before him. Steve being shirtless made his cheeks flush and he was very interested in the little boy who was in the floor.
"So I'm guessing you haven't had much time to make dinner, huh?" Tony asked as he looked at Auggy. He was in his own world, kicking his feet and reaching for the toys that dangled above him. "Oh, shoot is it time for dinner already?" Steve asked himself in a bit of a mumble checking the time on his watch. "He's just been so small and I didn't want to just stick him in the playpen without some proper supervision." Steve absentmindedly rambled. "It's ok, hon. Me and Pete got him if you still wanted to make what you had in mind." Tony assured as he hoisted Auggy up in his arms, causing August to coo and get pulled out of his mindless playing. He looked at Tony curiously and snuggled into his side as he was placed on Tony's hip. Steve stood up as well. "Are you sure? We'd be eating a little late." "Yeah it'll be fine. We can wait, right Pete?" Answered Tony as he and Steve looked at Peter. He was caught of guard by the sudden attention.
"Erm, uh yeah! It's totally fine Mr. Rodgers!" Peter gave a smile and his cheeks grew redder as Steve approached the door and ruffled his hair. "Just Steve, kid. You're 21, you don't have to be so formal." And with that Steve made his way to the kitchen. Tony watched him walk away with a smile then turned his attention to Auggy, and was quick to get the pacifier that was clipped to his onesie to replace his fingers in his mouth. Peter looked to Tony almost frozen in place. Tony began to walk towards the door. "Let's go into the living room. That way you two can get more acquainted." Peter followed and they sat on the couch.
"This is August." Tony said lifting the boy up and readjusting him in his lap. Peter smiled at the boy. He looked so cozy in Tony's lap. August looked up at Peter with big green eyes and a curious expression on his face. His blond hair was neatly swept to the side. Pete could've sworn he's seen those eyes before. August made a grabbing motion towards Peter and this caused Tony to grin a little. "You wanna see Peter?" He asked as he got ready to transfer the boy to Peter's lap. "Uhm, Mr. Stark, are you sure that's a good idea?" Peter got tense as August was sat in his lap and he instantly wrapped his arms around him stiffly. "Relax, kid. I just want to make sure Steve doesn't need any help. I think you have some caregiving nature, I'll be back in a sec." And with that Tony was off the couch and August's social confidence went with him. He started to whimper in Peter's arms and his big green eyes looked up to Peter for help as they welled up with big tears that were threatening to spill.
"Hey hey shhh we're ok. He'll be right back." Peter quickly tried to sooth and bounce Auggy, but his anxiety was obvious in his tone. August whined more causing his pacifier to fall from his lips. He began squirming a little. Peter was still bouncing him as he looked around for anything that would help. He suddenly spotted a bunny plush with long arms and legs on the couch. It was the closest thing to him so he grabbed it. Hearing the rattling sound that came from it grabbed August's attention. He looked at it and reached for it.
"Here you go, little guy. I bet he missed you." Peter spoke as he handed Auggy the plush toy. Auggy sniffled, held the bunny close and snuggled into Peter's chest. He wasn't really thinking in his headspace. Everything's fuzzy right now and all he really recognizes is Daddy and Papa. But this new persons nice. They smell good at least. Peter offered him his binky and he happily accepted, babbling a little as he shook his bunny.

Meanwhile in the kitchen, Tony slinked his arms around Steve as he was storing noodles and prepping the tomatoes for the sauce. "I like shirtless cooking. You should do it more often." Tony purred as he caressed Steve's bare chest and sides. Steve chuckled. "You can thank your son for that." He moved to the cutting board, Tony was on his left. "Oh that doesn't sound as good as the outcome." Tony leaned on the counter in front of him. "Did he spill something?"
"I was changing him too fast and he peed on me."  Steve answered with a chuckle as he made the sauce to put on the stove. Tony snickered. "Oh my god." And the laughing continued. Steve elbowed him. "Ok sorry. I was sure he'd do that to me first. I mean, you actually got some experience." Steve huffed. "I'm rusty. Besides my only experience is with a little girl. Boys are a whole new terrain for me." He tried to defend.
Peggy was Steve's only little. He and Bucky both took care of her but after he went into the ice, he just never got another. It depressed him for a while, but he found Tony and they agreed to find a little a couple months back. To say he was excited to have Auggy was an understatement. Steve had done most of the work for the nursery, painting the walls, putting the furniture together. He even picked out most of the stuff they got for their baby. Mostly gender neutral things but there is some little girl stuff and little boy stuff. Steve didn't care what they had, but he did want them to have lots of options.
Tony knew that was a touchy subject. He hugged Steve by the side. He kissed his neck and cheek. "I know sweetheart. You're gonna be better than me." Tony said as he snuggled into Steve's side.
Tony, never having a little, was nervous to say the least. Sure he babied Peter on occasion but he never truly embraced his caregiving nature.
Steve kissed the top of his head. "We both are gonna be good at this." And to end this sweet moment a loud screech was heard from the living room. Both the men made their way to the living room as fast as they could and stopped dead in their tracks when they saw what was going on.
Peter was tickling Augusts sides and the two were in stitches laughing. The two caregivers relaxed and Steve went back to dinner. Tony walked over to the two boys saying, "Hey calm down with the tickling or you're going to change him next." August was still giggling and snuggling into Peter, who was also laughing. "Sorry Mr. Stark, he was just asking for it after being so pouty." Peter teased as he bounced August on his lap. August giggled at the action and squirmed in Peter's arms. He raised a hand to Tony and grabbed one of his fingers. Tony sat down next to them and let August play with his fingers.
"I think he likes you." Tony mused as he nudged Peter. Peters cheeks were pink again and he kept his eyes on August. "I think I like him too."

After half an hour of waiting, Steve finally came into the living room to announce that dinner was ready. He then went to get a new shirt on while Tony put August in his high chair and he and Peter got settled in their own chairs. The food was set out on the table ready to serve. They waited to dig in till Steve got back. Auggy reached for some garlic bread as everyone started making their plates but he couldn't reach it. While he started fussing, Tony sat his plate in front of him since it had finally cooled. August stared amazed at the meal on his tray and right as he was about to dig in, Steve grabbed his hands and took a moment to take off his onesie.
Oh come on! He just wants to eat! They're practically starving him. Or so he thinks. So obviously he gives a few annoyed grunts and squirms the whole time Steve is trying to get him undressed. He was about ready to start crying when Steve finally moved away from him, but when he was allowed to touch his food he was back to smiling in no time.
"Jeez Steve, did you forget to feed him all day?" Tony asked as the three of them watched August practically destroy his meal. "I guess he was really hungry." Steve muttered. They all dug in after watching Auggy for a few moments. Peter had also been making a mess of his food and had it all over his face. Tony looked pretty similar. Steve looked up at started to laugh.
"You three are a mess. I should've made you all shirtless." He teased. Peter looked up and realized what he'd been doing, which made his cheeks as red as the pasta sauce. "It's just really good, Mr- I mean, Steve." Peter stuttered. Tony smiled up at his husband. "Yeah it's amazing." Steve smirked. "Really? Cuz it looks like you're wearing it more then tasting it."
August was giggling as he finished his food and clapping his hands that were covered in sauce. "Yep, you're getting the first bath." Steve said as he got his plate cleaned up and started moving the pots of food to the counters. Tony was in the middle of wipping his face when he spoke up. "Hey no, Hon, I can put away dinner. You cooked it." He stood as he finished speaking. Steve looked over at him. "Well, I was kinda hoping you would get Auggy cleaned up. He defiantly needs a bath." Tony smiled at the boy who made grabby hands at him. "Alright, c'mon spaghetti boy." Tony picked August up and held him on his hip. He didn't really care if his shirt got dirty. "Is there anything I can do, Steve?" Peter asked timidly after cleaning his face. Steve looked to him with a caring smile. "Sure, you can help me clean up in here."

Tony sat August on the toilet seat, with the little one giggling and kicking his feet. Tony started the bath water and plugged the tub once it was at a good temperature. He then got a wet wash cloth and tried to get most of the red sauce off of his squirmy little boy. Once that was done, Auggy got stripped of his diaper and sat in the tub. He kept letting out coo's and gurgling as he looked around the fairly large bathroom. Tony got to work on the boys hair, leaning his head back and getting it wet. He scrubbed in baby shampoo into his blond hair, making sure to be gentle. August seemed to melt at the touch and just enjoyed the warm bath in general. Once the shampoo was rinsed out Tony moved onto washing August's body. It was going fine till he really paid attention the the boy's back.
Scars.
Lots of Scars.
  Tony froze. August wasn't even paying attention. Just splashing about. It took Tony a few moments to finally ask Friday to get Steve in the bathroom. As soon as Steve came in he knew something was off. "Hey, everything alright?" There was concern in his tone.
"Did you see these?" Tony asked lowly, rubbing his hand on Augusts bare back. Steve gasped quietly. He put his hand on August's back too. The little was starting to get confused and turned to look at them. "Uh?" Auggy babbled with his wide green eyes holding confusion. Steve's free hand was covering his mouth. "Baby," he started. His eyes were filling with tears. Tony have a sad smile to August. "I think we need to get you out now."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.8K 1.8K 66
Fresh from it's release and success on TikTok, this story features YOU as the main character and the events that happen are from your point of view. ...
24.7K 658 13
Sequel to The Daughter Its been 2 years since everything happened to the Starks. 16 years old is an awkward age especially when you know your dad is...
277K 6.7K 40
"So after getting shot, your main priority was getting a sandwich instead of getting help" "Hey, they've got the best ones in Queens!" When the aveng...
57.5K 1.7K 30
The world is made up of littles, caregivers, neutrals, neutrals with tendencies, and stiffs. When someone turns 16, they get their classification, an...