HAPPINESS I'VE BEEN LOOKING F...

By Le0naShah

14 years old girl living with her foster parent but they never cared for her once. She was force to be grown... More

Character background
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100!

Chapter 97

1K 25 59
By Le0naShah

6827 words! For you guys <3! 

2 days gone by quickly

Elia and Isaac are so busy in those 2 days and they are exhausted. They are at the set from morning till late night, shooting their scenes.

Barely hanging out with the adults anymore because of how busy they are.

But whenever they are in their break time from filming, Cardan is always there, waiting at the Communal Area for them.

Their friendship has grown beautifully. Isa and Elia even introduced Maggie to Cardan via facetime and now they are in a group chat.

And also, Elia's Aunties arrived yesterday. MK and Ashley. They are supposed to be coming today but they just want to surprise Elia a day early.

And today is the day where the rest of the Olsen family is gonna be arriving.

And with Elia's done shooting her scenes for the movies, that means she could spend time with her Grammie and Grandpa and everyone else!

She missed them! And she needs their help in handling her big emotions...

She is still not okay with her Mama and Papa. And everyone could see it, even her Aunt MK and Aunt Ashley. Because yesterday, her aunties were sleeping with her and Elia is not sleeping with her parents like usual.....

Elia was now sitting in the backyard while Luna was running around. A new normal for Eliana since she has a dog now.

A dog that her parents gifted her because they love her.

Oh hell. Her mind is messed up right now. How is she gonna believe that her parents won't leave her like everybody did? The argument they had 5 days ago makes Elia mind running wild.

"I missed you" Her Mama's voice saved her from spiraling in her dark thoughts again. Mama being a lifesaver every single time that Elia needed it. Maybe this is why she is confused with her emotions.

"I'm right here" Elia just huffed out a laugh.

"You are. But it's not the same"

Physically she is in front of them but mentally, she's far away from the parents. You know why.

"Yeah" Elia responded quietly.

"How can I help to make it better, Baby? Please?" Mama begs to Elia softly.

Elia just stays silent for a moment.

"I don't know what to make it feel better. Actions? Mama and Papa do it already, you've been showing me all sorts of actions on how bad you want me in your life and how you've started to abandon me." Elia states, she has to let this all out "Words? You both have been trying to talk to me, always assuring me everything. So I don't know what would make it feel better anymore" Her voice starts to crack at the end of it.

"I made a mistake with it. I know. I know you are hurting. It's always us that hurt you and I'm sorry for that. I don't know what will make you feel better but Baby, I'll always be there for you no matter how far you push me and your Daddy away. If it'll take million years, I'll still be here for you" Lizzie exclaims

Mama could see how hard Elia was trying to hold back her tears and Mama saw Elia choking on her sob that insists on letting out but she won't allow it and it breaks Mama's heart.

But what makes it worse is that when Eli's Mama was trying to hug her own daughter, Eli flinched and backed away.

Lizzie's heart clenched at that.

Elia didn't trust her Mama. Because Elia always craves physical contact with her parents and she doesn't let anyone she doesn't trust to touch her. Just like how they met for the first time ever.

Lizzie's tears flowing down her cheeks as she stares at her daughter brokenly

"You said some words that really make me feel like you'll throw me away at any time you want. You said the exact same words that the adults in my past life said to me once they've shown me that they don't want me anymore. So don't blame me for this. This is why I'm so confused with my emotions and it hurts me because you made me very dependent on you" Elia said, of course she notices the hurt looks on her Mama and it hurts her too seeing those facial expressions.

"Eli, this is our first time getting into a big massive argument and I can assure you that this won't be the last argument we'll have in the future. You understand? In the future there will obviously be us arguing. I know you know that we won't be happy all the time, we'll still get into misunderstanding situations and make us argue. And no matter what I said at that time, know that it will never have the same meaning as the adults in your past life said. I said it as your mother, that will always love you no matter what and only wants what's best for her baby girl." Lizzie explained. She needs to tell Elia, needs to comforts Elia even though she had said some of it many times but she told Elia she'll comfort and assured Elia that she'll do it every time when Elia needs it and this is one of the times that Elia needs this assurance

"Lily and John said that I'll ruin your lives" Elia mumbles quietly. She still remembers what they said to her when she's visiting them months ago.

"Adelaine, look at me" Lizzie said sternly, this meant business.

Now Lizzie knows why her daughter was carrying such big emotions like this. Because the adults in her past life say things like that to her daughter and of course when things go wrong, Elia will start to believe that it's from her.

Elia just looks at her Mother's green eyes that are identical with her, the eyes that always makes Elia feel safe, comfortable and loved every single time.

Lizzie looks at her daughter's eyes that hold a thousand pain and it breaks the mother's heart all over again. Elia is her whole world, hers and Sebastian's.

She's not just an Olsen but she's an Olsen- Stan.

"You didn't ruin our lives, Adelaine"

"Maybe not yet" Elia mumbled

"Baby, you could never" Lizzie told her earnestly. "Your daddy and I love you much too much for you to ever be a burden on us. I don't think either of us were truly living until you came into our lives. You could never ruin our lives because you're the reason we're living them,"

"I love you more than life itself, Baby. So, so much" Lizzie added, as she looked at her daughter softly. And Elia always could hear the sincereness when her mother assured her every time.

Elia was silent for a moment as she thought through everything her Mama and she had just discussed. She, of course, on some level knew that Mama and Papa loved her. She knew that on some level she's not the one who ruined The Drew's life, but to hear it all and rip that wound open again, it hurt.

"You promise, you'll tell me if you ever start to feel like you don't want me anymore and you hate me?" Elia finally asked quietly.

Lizzie's eyes filled with tears as she tried to restrain herself from hugging her daughter tightly because she respects Elia's boundaries right now.

"No" Lizzie simply said after taking a deep breath. "Because I won't ever have to, I will never not want you, I will never hate you and that includes your father no matter how hard you're bullying him with Luna. No matter what you do, how you act or what path you choose, I will always love you. Your Daddy will always love you. You are an Olsen and also a Stan. You are ours, Sweetheart. And that means unconditional love. Do you understand what that means?"

"Unconditional?" Elia asked and Mama nodded her head. "No matter what" Elia settled on as her definition.

Lizzie just smiled softly. She knows their daughter is a genius. "Yeah Baby. No matter what. Daddy and I will always love you no matter what. Never forget that. Doesn't matter if we're arguing or not. It's always and forever"

And with that, Elia's hand slowly found its way to her mother, taking Lizzie by surprise and Elia could see her Mama was smiling widely while tears flowed down to her Mama's cheeks. Elia just squeezes it gently and her Mama squeezes it back too.

Maybe after hearing her Mama saying this, she'll be able to release some of the emotions off of her shoulders.

But of course trust doesn't come easily. Especially after you've been hurt so many times.

One thing Elia does know is that no matter what, her Mama and Papa are always there with her. Hopefully.

Elia then leaned her head on her Mama's shoulders and her Mama just laid her head on top of Elia. One step at a time. Everything's at Elia's pace.

-/-

Everyone is here!

Grammie, Aunty C, Uncle J, Grandpa and Maia have arrived!

They all are now currently having dinner together

"So, your Mama and Papa will start to get busy tomorrow for the next 4 days, where shall we go?" Aunty C asked as she takes a bite from her Chicken Parmesan

"Ooh! We could go to the Georgia Aquarium!" Aunt Ash said excitedly while Isa and Elia looked at each other happily too.

"You haven't been there yet?" Grandpa asked and the teenagers just shook their heads as a no, making the grandparents look at the parents with a pointed look.

"You guys have been here for almost 3 months now. There is not a single day of a break from filming at all?" Grammie ask, honestly there's a hint of scolding in Grammie's tone

"Oh no no, I love staying at home though with Mama and Daddy. Besides they want to rest after a long day at work, strap into harness and intense fighting scenes" Elia quickly said trying to not get her parents in trouble.

She loved to go touring Atlanta but her parents are here to work and not on a vacation. She doesn't want to be a burden.

"Well then, good things that we are here now so we can go tour Atlanta and leave your Mama and Papa behind for not being cool" Aunt MK settles

Lizzie and Seb did admit it's their fault for not making effort on taking Elia out on their break day. But Elia also seems content with just spending time with her parents at home, cuddling and snuggling.

"Can we bring Cardan?" Elia asks

They all know about this Cardan boy already. Elia told them and at first they're not too fond of him but after Lizzie and Seb's told them the extension of Cardan's boy stories, they are all relieved and proud of Elia.

"Of course Bunny. I can't wait to meet your new friends" Grandpa said, grinning excitedly and Elia had the biggest smiles ever tonight after hearing her Grandpa respond.

"So I've already looked for some places we could bring you guys...." Aunty C said, looking up from her phone, clearly just googled the places they could visit, making everyone at the dining table chuckle at the enthusiasm.

This is the first time ever the Olsen family connected like this. It is all because of Elia. She has brought happiness in their life and they are very excited for it!

After Aunty C has finished listing the place they're gonna go for the next 3 days, Mama mumbles quietly "I am so gonna call in sick"

-/-

After dinner was done, the ladies were in the kitchen, cleaning up while the kids and gentlemen went to the living room, chilling.

"So, you would do your engagement party along with the Christmas party?" Grandpa asks Papa.

Apparently they need to do their engagement party because Mama and Papa engagement are still wild and they need to invite their friends to celebrate it.

"Yeah. And there's another one actually we're gonna tell you guys" Seb said and looked at Mama as the ladies walked into the living room.

Mama goes to sit next to Daddy and pat the seat in the middle of them for Eliana and Eliana went to them.

Lizzie's family was nervous as hell because they didn't have any clue of what it was about. But Elia seems calm about it so it must've been good news.

"Don't tell me you're-" Uncle J was about to say something but Mama and Papa know where this is going so they cut him off before anything got worse

"Don't finish that sentence whatever it is that you're insinuating" Lizzie said, glaring at her brother. She didn't know where it was going too for sure but she knew what it was. It was either two, her being pregnant which will not be good for Elia because she's just getting better or they are splitting up which is not good for Elia's mental health either after the conversation Lizzie had with her daughter this afternoon before they arrived.

And no one is gonna assume she's pregnant since her family knows about her infertility problem.

"We already know when the movies that we're filming right now are gonna come out. It'll come out 6 months from now and we're planning to get married 2 months before the premiere" Sebastian and Lizzie said.

Everyone was shocked hearing the news! Apart from Elia because the parents had told her already before they told them all.

This was all happy and shocking!

"You guys had set the date?" Grammie asks happily as tears fill her eyes. Her daughter is getting married!

Lizzie and Seb then nodded their heads and looked at Elia, smiling at her and giving her their permission to tell the others.

"On Mama's birthday" Elia said, smiling softly at everyone.

"CONGRATULATIONS!!!" MK, Ashley, Aunty C and Uncle J jumps excitedly

Grammie then stood up and went to Mama and hugged her tightly while whispering something in Lizzie's ear "I'm so proud of you, Darling. You've had a beautiful family and you're happy with it. Treasure it every moment yeah?" and in which Mama just nodded her head agreeing with Grammie and holding back her tears. If Grammie didn't point it out, Mama will always treasure the moment in her happy little family.

"This means we have a wedding to plan," Maia said, excitedly.

"We have a wedding to plan" Lizzie responded and she couldn't wipe off the smiles on her face. The happiness that she didn't know she'll get to feel.

"I can't wait to see the cast reaction on Thanksgiving dinner when you both break the news" Elia exclaims

"Oh, I've started to imagine the chaos already," Isa replied, smirking.

"It's a good chaos though"

And they all just smiled sadly at Elia's statement.

"It's a good chaos, Baby" Mama and Papa said in unison, smiling softly at their daughter.

-/-

As the clock hit 2 am, Elia was out of bed that she shared with 3 of her Aunties. They want Elia cuddles and Elia bed could fit 5 people so of course the 4 of them are in the bed now.

But Elia couldn't sleep. Like usual because of her nightmares and she doesn't want to bother her aunties with her nightmares. They need their rest.

So, Elia goes downstairs and as soon as she's downstairs, she could see the kitchen light was on so someone must've been there.

She just walks slowly and silently to not make her steps being heard by whoever it was in the kitchen. And as she got closer, she could hear her Mama's voice and also her Grammie's voice.

"She was hurt by the adults in her past life. They said things to her that made her keep it inside and when things went south a bit, she took it as her fault and believed that it was her fault. It's breaking my heart, Mom. I can't watch my baby like that. She was so precious, she held mine and Sebastian's whole world. But the adults in her past life did her so dirty" Mama said, and Elia could hear Mama's crying.

"This is why you are her Mother Lizzie. Because you know how to treat your baby well. You know how to pull her out of these feelings she's been having about. You and Sebastian are there to help her" Grammie comforts her Mama. "I know you've already told your daughter this but I'm your Mother and I'll remind you that not every journey is a sweet journey. You'll have lots of petty arguments in the future. But what makes the journey memorable is that you still stay with each other no matter how times hard on you guys"

Elia just sighs. Mother's really do know how to comfort their daughter and she knows now where her Mama learned to be such a great Mama to her.

Elia then thought that she can't just stand here, hearing her Mama's crying thinking that she's not being a perfect mother to her. So, she goes to them. Maybe she's too hard on her Mother.

"We've promised each other to come to each other when we need each other. No matter what we're feelings" Elia said, taking the occupants in the kitchen surprised by her voice.

She could see her Mama wiping all the tears and turned to look at her with concern.

"Hey, why aren't you asleep?"

Elia didn't respond but she just went to sit next to her Mother, leaned her head on Mama's shoulders, hugging Mama's waist with both her hands.

"You're my Mama even though we are not on good terms right now but you're my Mama and you are perfect to me despite everything that happened. I'm lucky to have you and I love you, no matter what" Elia exclaimed. She knows Mama needs to hear that.

Lizzie just hugged her daughter tightly, soaking the contact that her daughter made because she's not sure when she'll be getting those again.

"No matter what, Sweetheart" Lizzie settles.

"Nightmares, Bubba?" Grammie asked and her answers were answered when Elia responded with a sigh.

"Come on you two, let's get to bed" Grammie said, taking the Olsen girls to her bed. Lizzie just hops in with her daughter. Of course Elia being in the middle of them. She loves being in the middle of the bed with the person she loves because she feels protected and safe.

The next morning, everyone found Elia on top of her mother's snoring lightly and Lizzie snuggled to her mom. The others took a lot of pictures of it before leaving them to let them rest.

-/-

Days passed by quickly when Elia spent it with her family.

5 days have passed by to be precise.

She had gone to many places in Atlanta with her family! Such memorable memories for her and with addition, Cardan was there too. Her whole family loves him! And Cardan feels alive so much for it, Elia was happy to see him like this.

Elia's relationship with her parents seems to be better. Everything is at Elia's pace and it is going well.

Today is Thanksgiving day!

Which means they'll be having a massive Thanksgiving day with everyone at Mama Scarly's house. The Grey's arrived yesterday with The Clarke's and they're staying at Mama Scarly's house because the Olsen- Stan house is packed!

Elia is so excited and so happy to be meeting with everyone again. They all have been so busy with work and Elia's spending time with her Grandparents and Aunties and Uncle.

They are all now at Mama Scarly's house, helping her to prepare Thanksgiving dinner. The gentlemen were in the backyard doing BBQ just in case because they are feeding a lot of people tonight.

Cardan is here already with his father. They are joining them for thanksgiving.

Maggie, Isa, Cardan and Elia are now hanging out outside because inside of the house was so chaos

"Hey, have you ever thought that when we're sitting here, hanging out and then the Zombie Apocalypse happens all of sudden, then the zombie was within like 20 feet from you, would you be able to escape from them, running inside of the house?" Cardan asked out of the blue, making everyone turn to look at him in shock.

"Dude your imagination is literally out of the box, man" Isa said chuckling "But nevertheless, it makes me think too. Maybe I'll survive because the zombies on TV seem slow?"

"But you're slower, Isa" Elia jested and Isa just gasps, faking his offense.

"Wanna bet?" Isa prompts

"Yeah. Let's go. I'll be the zombie that chases you and see if you could make it inside the house or not. And if you lose, you'll have to treat us all ice-cream" Elia challenges him.

"I don't think Lizzie gonna be okay with you having ice-cream before dinner" Maggie chimes in.

"You've already had 2 juice boxes Elia" Cardan added

"Don't worry guys, she won't be getting any ice-cream because she'll be the one who's losing this game" Isa said.

"You betcha," Elia said, smirking at him.

So they all get ready, Elia walks away 20 feet from Isa, Cardan and Maggie just stand next to the front door.

"Okay, ready, set, go!" Cardan said

And Elia immediately chases Isa's down. Isa was running for his life and when he has his hand on the doorknob already when Elia touches him and still chase him down until inside of the house with Isa's screaming

"SEE?! I COULD'VE KILLED YOU! YOU'RE SLOW ISA!" Elia said

"WELL, I'VE OPENED THE DOOR ALREADY!"

"YEAH, BECAUSE YOU WANTED TO INVITE THEM IN?!"

With their screaming banters and Isa's screaming in fear, the adults at the kitchen immediately goes to them in panic and worried

"What? What's happening? Eli?" Lizzie asks worriedly as she goes to Elia and turning her daughter around to look for any injuries

"Nothing's happening. Just Isa could've been killed because of his slowness" Elia said to her mother but that did not makes her mother at ease after hearing her daughter's statement

"WHAT?! WHAT'S HAPPENING? ISAAC?" Lizzie asks frantically

"Woah, woah, we're playing zombie apocalypse, Lizzie" Isaac said, trying to calm the mother down.

"W- what?" Lizzie asks breathlessly

And that's when the mother's started asking them 1001 questions

"What zombie apocalypse?"

"Are you insane?"

"Are you hurt?"

"Why are you scaring us like that!"

"Hey, it's Cardan's idea!" Elia defends herself and Cardan's mouth opened agape

"I was just asking and you're the one who teases him that he's slow!" Cardan said

"Well I told you that I was right! See, he could've gotten killed if he moves any slower" Elia argues

"Eliana Adelaine Olsen! There is no zombie apocalypse" Her Mama said, obviously annoyed that her daughter is now in a sassy mood. "I need to take a breath. Oh my god, my heart beating so fast"

"Well, it's not my fault that I got your competitive genes" Elia said, pouting.

"Sweet girl, you know how your Mama was" Scarlett said, smiling

"Not helping, Johansson" Lizzie said, glaring holes at her best friend who clearly had fun looking at Lizzie's being tormented by her daughter like this.

"Fine. I'm sorry Mommy. I didn't mean to make you so worried and panic like this" Elia said, batting her eyelashes at her Mama and pouting sadly with her puppy eyes making everyone gulped and when they looked at Lizzie battling with herself, they immediately cover their mouth with their hands to muffled their laughter.

"Please don't do it again, Baby" Lizzie amended, clearly melted by Elia's power.

"I promised I won't do it again" Elia declared "For today" she added, smirking slightly but she covers it up when she knows her Mama hear it by the glare she received and she also knows everyone heard it because they've been fighting with their life to not bursting out in laughter but her Aunt MK and Ashley crack and because they love to mess with her Mama!

"I'm just kidding, Mama. I'm having fun. And I'm happy" Elia amended with a hug and she could feel her Mother wrap her arms around and hug tightly.

Elia then pulls away and smiles softly at her Mama. Yup, things are getting better and Elia is happy.

"Oh! We're gonna go to the store because someone lose their bet" Elia informs

"No candies please" Andrea and Lizzie said pleadingly as they already know what the deal was but it's not candy.

"No. It's not candy Mama. It's Ice-cream" Elia said annoyingly.

"Fine. As long as you don't spoil your dinner" Lizzie exclaims and Elia was smiling brightly! Her Mama did not put up much fight about her eating ice-cream before dinner.

It was because Lizzie wants to see those smiles for longer and she thinks why not to be lenient since today is Thanksgiving. She doesn't want to ruin her daughter's mood.

"Tommy!! Could you drive us to the store?" Elia asks Holland sweetly. He is like a brother to her and he loves to spoil Elia obviously.

"Let's go! I want some Ice-cream too" Holland said excitedly and grabbed the keys with all 4 of the teenage kids following him to the car and off to the stores.

The others just chuckles and shakes their heads fondly.

"I'm so waiting for Rose to be in Elia's age" Lizzie said to Scarlett which Scarlett immediately stopped laughing and groaning immediately.

"Oh my god, she's already sassy now!" Scarlett groans, making Lizzie smirks.

-/-

Elia, Cardan, Holland, Isa and Maggie are now at the grocery stores wanting to buy tubs of Ice-cream for everyone at home. For dessert courses, even though there are dessert courses in the making, it's not hurt to be thoughtful.

Holland, Maggie and Isa are in the different aisle as they keep looking for the best flavor ice cream for everyone while Cardan and Elia are in the different aisle from the others.

Elia was at the end of the aisle while Cardan was at the other end of the aisle too. He is just there to keep an eye on Elia because he knows everyone will be worried if he leaves Elia alone. She intends to have trouble following her around.

As Elia was looking for cookies and cream flavored ice cream, she bumped into a man, brunette and has green eyes. He has a tough body, and must've been an athlete.

She was about to apologize to him but when she saw him stare at her in shocked, she took a few steps back

"I'm sorry" Elia rushed out and turn to run away from him

"Wait! Wait! It's me!" The man said "I'm your birth father"

And that managed to make Elia stop abruptly from her fast walking to Cardan. Cardan already notices this and he walks to Elia.

Elia turned back to the man who admitted that he was her birth father.

"Elia?" Cardan ask from behind her

"Eliana. Adrian Reid" Adrian said, introducing himself

"How would I know you're my birth father?" Elia asks, narrowing her eyes at that man.

Cardan was shocked as fuck when he heard that.

"You have a blankie. A pink blankie with words embodied 'baby girl' from the hospital where you gave birth at"

And that managed to make her soul fly away from her body because she did have the blankie back then but not anymore because the Drew's asked her to throw it since it was a nuisance.

"What do you want, Sir?" Cardan asks, trying to move in front of Elia but Elia stops him from doing so.

She felt her heart stop and dizzy taking over her but she keeps on a strong facade. She can't sleep without that blanket for a long time and feels guilty for throwing the only things that her birth parents wrapped around her because based on what the headmistress of her Orphanage said, that's the only belongings with her when she found Elia.

And then she remembered her name. Eliana. Was named by the headmistress.

"You didn't even name me" Elia said whispering, looking at the man, Adrian.

"We can't," Adrian simply answered and Elia furrowed her eyebrows. 'We' ?

"My wife, your birth mother. We can't name you"

"Why?" Elia asks, confused.

"We never want you" Adrian replied with a blank face and as soon as those words came out from his mouth, Elia's eyes filled with tears. She hasn't been crying this week, she's been good at pushing aside her emotions but this, this? It'll be the one that breaks her, she could feel it.

"Come on, Lia. Let's go back home" Cardan said, glaring at the man and trying to move Elia away from him. He knows this will break Elia but Elia just stood there frozenly.

"W-Why?" Elia asks, tears threatening to fall but not in front of him. She'll not allow it to fall in front of him.

"Oh, the ultrasound showed you were a boy, turned out to be a mishap with the machine, because when you were born you obviously weren't a boy. Your mother and I only wanted 250 pounder quarterbacks. So, we gave you up for adoption. Now we have two boys, both football players Ryle and Jake, your older brothers. You were such a disappointment we stopped having kids after you. We really wanted 3 boys but you ruined it." He explained with such a bored expression.

Elia felt like she was being punched in the gut. She was given up, simply because she wasn't a boy. She went through the horror of the foster parents, words graving into her mind that she's not worthy of love, they'll never want her. She goes through thousands of people giving up on her and it was started by the person that brought her to this world.

Elia pulled from her thoughts by Adrian snapping fingers in her face.

"Look, I know this is overwhelming. But I've seen you're growing up with the Drew's. They've given us money actually for your brain as a 'thank you' so that you could work with them but then you're adopted by a famous celebrity. We're kinda in need of money since you have all the fame and your mother is Elizabeth Olsen and your dad is Sebastian Stan. Your older brother has an eye on this college and we don't have the financial support for it. It's a great football program" Adrian said casually.

And another punched in the gut.

What the fuck?

The Drew's have a connection with them? Why is this happening now? Why the hell didn't they say something about it when she's visiting them a few months back?

And now they need her because she has fame, she has money. And to top it all off, they don't even acknowledged themselves as 'Your mother and I' but he simply just said, 'my wife and I'

Not that Elia wants to ever acknowledge them as one but still, it hurts bro.

"Are you gonna help us or not?" Adrian asked, seemingly irritated by Elia's silence.

"No," Elia simply said.

"Back off, before I called security for trying to harass a teenage girl," Cardan said, stepping in front of Elia when Adrian was about to grab Elia's hand.

"Our address if you decide to have some humanity," Adrian said, giving Elia his business card and walking away. They had a cafe here.

Elia just holds the cards in her hands, staring at it.

"Come on Elia, let's go find the others and we'll go back home" Cardan said softly, he is fucking worried about Elia. That was the harsh truth that was revealed. No human beings can take it.

Before they could move, Holland, Maggie and Isa came to them smiling but their smiles dropped when they saw both Cardan and Elia's face.

"What's happening?!" Isa asks worriedly, rushing to Elia and about to touch her when Elia flinched.

"I want Mama, Isa" Elia whispers brokenly. Isa, Maggie and Holland look at Cardan but Cardan just shakes his head and he holds Elia's hand to lead her out of the store.

Maggie, Tom and Isa left their ice cream and walked away with Cardan and Elia. They didn't buy the ice cream.

-/-

On the drive home, Elia was looking out the window all the time, tears flowing down her cheeks rapidly but she made no effort to wipe it off.

The tension in the air was so thick. The others are genuinely concerned and even more worried when they catch Cardan shed a tear once. They didn't know what's happening but they knew that this was not good at all.

Elia was just repeatedly having the scenes that happened at the grocery store repeat in her mind and she can't fucking take it off from her mind. It was on loop.

The Drew's know about it, they even paid them for her brain. Is she an object? And then they gave her up. Like always but it was them who started it. It was them who started her luck of being given up.

The person who brings her out to this cruel world.

There's no doubt now that her Mama and Papa could give her up right? Because the person who was supposed to fight for her, the person who was supposed to love her more than anything did her dirty.

Her thoughts of the train were stopped when Cardan opened her door, indicating that they're home. Home to her Mama.

Elia wants her Mama right now. She wants to cry, she wants to break down at her Mama. That's what she's been promising with her Mama. She needs her Mama to break down. Because if Mama wasn't here, it'd make it worse. Mama always makes it feel better. But Elia didn't know if her Mama could make it better now. Her emotions are confused.

Elia walks inside of the house with everyone following behind her,

She walks to the kitchen to find the ladies there, preparing a thanksgiving meal for dinner. Her Mama was busy with Turkey with Mama Scarly, laughing about something.

And when the ladies noticed that Tom and the teenage kids were back, the whole room went silent because of Elia's red eyes and tears flowing out of her cheeks.

Lizzie sprung into action, rushing to her daughter, worriedly of course

"Hey! Baby, what's wrong?! Baby, what's happening? Why are you crying, Adelaine?!" Lizzie asks worriedly

"A- Adrian- Adrian Reid" Elia said, stuttering as she gasped for air.

The gentlemen outside ran to the kitchen as they saw it from the sliding door that connected to the kitchen and the backyard.

Sebastian runs to his daughter and his fiancé worriedly.

Elia knees giving up and she falls to the ground, sobbing out loud, wailing loudly that makes everyone's heart clenched at that sound. She sounded so hurt and they don't know what it is about.

Elia clinging to her Mama, Elia's fistful with her Mama's shirt

"T- They don't want me Mama! I am a disappointment because I'm a girl! I was supposed to be a boy!" Elia said, crying in pain.

"Baby, I don't understand where this is coming from? Who are they?" Lizzie asks frantically. She was clearly desperate for an answer but Elia just kept shaking her head, hiding her face in her Mother's chest and crying profusely.

Lizzie just then looks at her fiancé defeatedly as she hugs and rubs their daughter's back to calm her down.

Sebastian then looks to the group that goes with his daughter and sees them looking at her worriedly but except for Cardan.

Cardan has tears flowing out his cheeks and his facial expression is angry.

Sebastian knows he must've known what is happening

"What happened and who is that guy that Elia said just now Cardan?" Seb asks sternly

Cardan just look at Elia's Papa for a moment, contemplating to tell them or not but he knows they all have been desperate for some answers

"Elia's birth father" Cardan settles

And that managed to make everyone look at him in shock. Some of them are worried but for Elia's parents, they are scared because it was Elia's birth father.

But by the sound of Elia saying that they've given her up, that does not sound that they want her. So Elia is going to be with Lizzie and Seb. But what makes their face turn into anger is that when the realization dawned on her.

Elia was given up because she was not a boy. How pathetic is that excuse.

"Oh, Baby. Oh, my Baby" Lizzie hugged her daughter tightly as she rocked Elia back and forth making Elia crying louder.

"They made me look like an object, Mama! They want me for money only! He asked me for money because I'm Elizabeth Olsen and Sebastian Stan's daughter! Why is this world so cruel? Why am I not being treated fairly?! I'm not a boy?! Why do you want me?!" Elia asks brokenly as she cries and cries.

"Hey, I want you Elia, You're my Eliana Adelaine Olsen. I've told you this already, your Papa and I will always want you, Will always love you, no matter what" Lizzie said, pulling away from the hug much to Elia's dismay and cupping her daughter's face.

Everyone now could see how hard Elia was crying because the veins popped out in her foreheads. She was crying vigorously and it was a heartbreaking sight for them. A heartbreaking sight and a heartbreaking sound for them to experience.

"This is not fair. I was just getting happy today and he dropped it like that. Am I really not worthy of being happy? Am I really not worthy of being loved?! Why did they make me dirty like this! I'm tired! I'm tired of living like this!" Elia ranted as she sobs

"Adelaine, no. Stop it, stop that. Don't you ever dare say that word" Sebastian said as he knows what his daughter going to say

"Please, just let me go. Please! This is too cruel for me! I can't take it anymore! Please! I can't live like this anymore! Please just let me die" Elia begs and that makes everyone cry so hard.

She was in so much pain that she asked her own parents to let her go. No parents want to hear that from their kids.

"Adelaine! No! Please, please don't say that. I'm right here, Baby. Mama promises that Mama will always be here no matter what!" Lizzie cried, looking at her daughter pleadingly.

"Mommy's here, Baby. I'm sorry that I couldn't protect you from this cruel world but Mommy and Daddy are trying their best to do whatever it takes to make their baby girl safe and happy"

"But I'm not a boy, Mama" Elia hiccups in her sobs brokenly.

"I don't care. I don't want a boy, I want my baby girl. And my baby girl is you and only you" Lizzie states firmly as she is still actively crying.

"Daddy has always wanted his little princess. And now I've got it, I've got you and your Mama and my life is perfect. I don't want it any other way. I swear on your Nana's life" Seb said, indicating that he's serious that he makes a swear on his mother's life which he never did but for his daughter's assurance, he does it.

"My heart was broken, Mama. My heart was broken into pieces and I don't know if it'll be a whole again"

"It'll be whole again with Mama and Daddy's help. I promise you, Buddy. Daddy will do his best to make his little princess heart whole again"

"It hurts. I swear it hurts so much and I can't handle the pain. I can't handle it. It hurts me so much and I'm so mad at them for doing me like this. So fucking mad" Elia grunts, crying, sobbing out loud.

She was cursing for the first time ever. That means she was so mad at them and they couldn't agree more with her.

"And I'm so fucking mad and angry at them too for making my daughter like this" Lizzie hissed, gritted in anger.

"I'll fucking beat the shit out of them when I found them" Sebastian added, sniffling every now and then.

Everyone is a mess right now. They are crying along with Elia but Elia is the worst one obviously.

Elia just continues to cry in her Mama and Papa's embrace. Then dropping a kiss repeatedly to calm their crying daughter down.

And with everyone just standing there not knowing what to do.

Thanksgiving and Halloween is not Elia's holiday for this year.... 

------------------- 

Guys....... I'm so sorry........... There's a lot of things going on in this chapter. But the most heartbreaking part is when Adrian Reid bumped with Elia. I've read it thousand times and re-writing it to serve you guys the best and I cried like it was me who go through this. Well honestly to be honest when I write, or read, I am in so depth of the character. 

Guys, I am so overwhelmed right now because of I'm handling a lot of emotions too right now. I'm tired of being in office, busy with works whole day. Then yesterday mark my one month of getting a career at the age of 21 (yup I'm 21 and I've graduated 2 months ago and I have a stable career as an accountant) and my parents decided to surprise me with the anniversary party (I admit that I'm a bit spoiled because I'm the only daughter in the family. I'm a twin. Me and my twin brother so we do intend to be spoil by our parents and our parents are our best friend <3!) And my Mama made speeches yesterday about how I've grown up, how I've become matured over year (bruh trust me, I still sleep with my parents sometimes even I'm basically an adult right now) My mom was crying the whole time she delivered the speeches and my whole family too was crying. And then I'm excited to give you guys today's chapter even when I'm exhausted from working today but I don't want to make you guys waiting because you guys have been sweet to me, commenting about how great this book was, I am so grateful for your support guys :') 

So, I hope you guys enjoy this chapters even though it's not a fluff chapter HEHEHE! I love you guys in every universe <3!!! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.9K 3.2K 70
You're whole world changed You had a somewhat normal life. You lived with you're dad after you're ' amazing childhood' and now you're 15. It's been...
46.6K 1.2K 13
Charlotte, A 4 year old girl, her mother was killed in front of her by her father and straight after her father shot himself when she was just 2 year...
242K 5K 56
You met scarlett in a park reading her book. You really needed help. You asked her and she went to help you. You soon become closer and scarlett is t...
203K 5.2K 66
"All I needed was you....but you left me" ~Alexis Chase Olsen "Giving you up was the hardest thing that I ever had to do but it wasn't my decision"...