Love and High School are Just...

By nickie_thg

Follow Katniss, Peeta, Finnick, Annie, Glimmer, Marvel, Johanna, Gale, Cato, and Clove through their final ye... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
SEQUEL!!!

Chapter 7

1.6K 21 11
By nickie_thg

Annie POV:

Finnick met me on the beach and invited me to a party at his house. We start walking back to his house.

"So you said the whole grade will be there?" I ask. "Yeah. I also want you to stay the night. We are having a sleepover with just the group," he says. "Alright, but I didn't pack anything," I say.

"Don't worry. Katniss packed you some stuff. She left it in her car," he says taking my hand. We walk into his house.

"Holy cow! You went all out!" I say loudly so he can hear me. The music is so loud.

"I know right? We have to set the tone for the year," he says confidently.

"I guess," I say. I don't really think we need to set a tone for the year. "Are you okay, Annie?" Finnick asks.

"Yeah," I say.

"You can just hang out with me," he says putting his arm around my waist. A bunch of popular people come up to Finnick. They start talking about all this stuff I don't really care about. Like how popular they are and how great of a party this is. I would really prefer to have Finnick to myself.

After about a half a hour of them just talking I decide I need to get away from them. "Hey, I'm going to grab something to drink," I say to Finnick. "Okay," is all he says.

I walk over to where the food and drinks are. Loki is standing there over a cooler of drinks.

"Hey, Loki," I say walking over to him. "Hey, Annie. Can I get you something to drink?" he asks.

"What is there?" I ask.

"Soda, water, and some beer. What would you like?" he answers. I really should just go for some soda, but it's going to be a long night. I've had alcohol before, so why not try it?

"Beer please," I say. He hands me a can. "Thanks. I'll see you later." "Bye," he says as I'm walking away. I get to an area by myself I chug the can. It tastes bitter. I walk back over to Finnick and he is still with popular people. I turn back towards the kitchen and grab another can. I drink more cans. By the time I get back to Finnick I barely can walk with being unbalanced. "Hey, Finnick," I say.

"Hey, Annie," he says. "Are you okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be, silly?" I slur poking his cheek.

 He pulls me over to a corner and asks, "Are you drunk?"

"Nope," I say popping the 'p'. "Yes you are. I'm taking you upstairs to my room," he says pulling me up the stairs.

"Why? We can't be apart of the party if we are upstairs," I say.

"Because you may come back to sanity," he says. He grabs the knob of his bedroom door. It doesn't open. "Is anyone in there?" he starts knocking on the door.

"Go away," a female voice calls. It sounds familiar, but I can't figure out who's it is.

"Sorry," Finnick says. He drags me towards his brother's room. "Hey, Alex?"

"Yeah?" Alex says not looking away from his video game.

"Can you watch Annie for me? She's drunk," Finnick says.

"Sure. Put her either in my chair or on the bed," Alex says still not looking at us. Finnick walks me over to Alex's bed.

"I'll be back before you know it," Finnick says.

"Bye," I say.

Clove POV:

Cato and I have been in this fight since when I got to Finnick's house. He's mad at me because I told Johanna and Glimmer about Cato and I's little secret. Ever since I saw him walk away from Gale I haven't been able to find him. I'm not paying attention and run right into Johanna.

"Hey! Watch where you going, freak! Oh, sorry, Clove. I didn't know it was you," Johanna says getting up off the ground.

"Sorry. I just haven't been able to find Cato for a while. Have you seen him?" I ask hoping for an answer.

"No sorry," she says. "I'll let you know if I do though." "Thanks," I say. I walk away from her.

I didn't realize my head was starting to hurt. I guess it was because the music was so loud. I decide to go upstairs to try and get away from the noise. I head straight for Finnick's room. I know he really doesn't want people in his room, but I'm one of his best friends, so he can't mind too much. When I reach his door I grab the knob. It starts to move from under my hand. Cato steps out. "What were you doing in there?" I question.

"Umm... the, umm, people were just really annoying. How 'bout you?" Cato says unconvincingly. His breath smells like alcohol.

"Headache. The music's to loud," I say. I hear footsteps coming from the bathroom in Finnick's hallway.

 "Oh, hey, Clove," Delly says. "Hey, Cato." she winks at him. He glares at her and she stops acting flirty. "I was just going downstairs. You two have fun up here." We both nod and she walks away. As she walks passed me, she reeks of alcohol.

"Cato, we really need to talk," I say before I'm interrupted by him crashing his lips to mine. "What the heck?" I say pulling away from his kiss.

"I don't want to fight anymore, Clove. I love so much. I don't want to change anything we already have," he says pulling me into the room and shutting the door. He grabs my hand and pulls me towards the bed. "C'mon, Clove." He starts kissing me again. He starts to kiss my neck.

"No. Stop it. Now," I say getting up off the bed. "I do not want this to happen, Cato. You know that."

 "C'mon," he says. "You can't have any fun. You know that I want this to happen. You know what, never mind. I'm going to go downstairs and have fun with normal people. You have fun being a loser up here. Why don't you go talk to Alex? He might be more your type." He walks out of the room and down the hall. He slams the door as he leaves.

Did he seriously just say that to me? I cannot believe him! He used to be a good boyfriend until this summer. That's when he started wanting things. I didn't know what to do then, and I don't know what to do now. I didn't realize it, but I was crying. I don't cry. Then I start to cry harder.

After about five minutes of me crying the door opens. I look up wiping tears from my eyes and it's Glimmer and Marvel.

"Clove?" Glimmer says walking over to me. "What's the matter?"

"I'm just mad at Cato. He is just being a jerk right now," I say.

"Marvel, you can go back downstairs," Glimmer says. "We just had to get away from all the people," she says turning towards me.

"It's fine. If he wants to stay, he can stay," I say. He shuts the door and moves over to a chair by the window in Finnick's room.

"I'll be here if you need me," Marvel says pulling out his phone.

I tell Glimmer everything that has been going on. We also talk about random things to. It seems like Marvel is acting about enjoying it. I look at the clock and it says that it's '11:30'.

"Do you think people are leaving now?" Marvel asks.

"Hopefully," Glimmer says. "I'm getting somewhat tired. Let's go check." We leave the room and head down the hallway. Right before I go downstairs I hear weird laughter.

"What was that?" I say worried. "It sounds like laughter from a horror movie. And it came from Alex's room."

"Who's Alex?" Marvel asks.

"Finnick's brother," Glimmer says. "I heard that too. Let's go see what it was." Glimmer walks towards Alex's room. The laughter continues. Glimmer grabs his doorknob and opens it. "Annie?"

"Hey, Glim," I hear her call to Glimmer. Marvel and I walk down to Alex's room.

"Oh, hey, Clove. Hey, new kid."

"Hey Annie," we say.

Marvel leans over to me and whispers, "Is she drunk?" I shrug.

 "Seems that way." I nod.

"Are you drunk?" Marvel asks.

"Maybe a little bit, new kid," Annie says.

"Alex!" I yell trying to get his attention. He waves slightly. I roll my eyes. Some boys and their electronics.

"People are leaving now. Finnick wants you guys downstairs soon. And bring Annie," Alex says still not fully acknowledging our presence.

"Thank you for your help, Alex," I say. He doesn't seem to notice I'm speaking to him. "Alien elephants have abducted your family. You have to save the world," I say trying to get his attention. Still nothing. "Look! Selena Gomez is outside your window on the trampoline!"

"What? Where?" He says getting up from his game. I hear death music. "Damn it! Now I have to start the whole half of the game over. You suck, Clove," he says obviously mad at me.

"I'm sorry for not trying to rot your brain. You should really go outside," I say. He just shrugs. Glimmer and Marvel drag Annie downstairs.

"Hello?" Glimmer calls when we don't see anyone.

Hey, guys! I hope you enjoy this story. I only published six parts before this one it's almost at 100 reads! Thank you so much. Some more Clato drama. Imma let y'all know now that Clato is probably my favorite couple in this story, so expect a lot from them, but you'll still get some from the others. I don't have anything else to say except comment and favorite please! I just bit my tongue when I sneezed! Ugh! I didn't update recently because my school's play was last weekend and I was stage manager so I was SUPER busy. I've also got standardized testing next month, so I won't be updating a lot then, but I'll try to update as much as possible. Wow this is long. I'll write for you guys soon!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.7K 695 37
A new girl moves to town. But since she moved here things aren't going as planed. Will things go back on track? Or will they stay with the new life...
33.6K 1.5K 44
As Katniss Everdeen moves to panem, she immediatly is welcomed in by the cool group. What happens when she catches the eye of many boys, who will she...
106K 4.2K 25
Katniss and Peeta try to take the roles as parents. It's not always as easy as it may seem, but they couldn't be more happy. Together with their frie...
17.9K 620 34
DISCLAIMER: I do NOT own any of this characters. All of them are fully, truly and only Suzanne Collins'. This is what I think would have happened if...