The Forgotten Salvatore Book 5

By Gh0stFac31996

After Dahlia, Daniel has been practicing with his new power. But time will tell if that power will be used fo... More

Disclaimer
For The Next Millennium
You Hung the Moon
I'll See You in Hell or New Orleans
A Walk on the Wild Side
Best Served Cold
Beautiful Mistake
Out of the Easy
Important Question
The Other Girl in New Orleans
Saviour
A Ghost Along the Mississippi
Wild at Heart
Loft Layout
A Streetcar Named Desire
An Old Friend Calls
Alone with Everybody
Behind the Black Horizon
The Devil Comes Here and Sighs
No More Heartbreaks
Where Nothing Stays Buried
Give 'Em Hell Kid
The Bloody Crown
I Was Feeling Epic
New Book

Heart Shaped Box

147 1 0
By Gh0stFac31996

Daniel's Loft

Daniel walked into his loft, carrying some boxes before setting them on the ground. "That's the last of them." Daniel said. "Great." A voice said. Daniel looked behind him to see Mia opening some of them. "I'm surprised it didn't take that long to move in." Mia said. Daniel walked behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. "Well, it's a lot faster when you can compel people to do this for you." Daniel said. Mia laughed out loud and Daniel smiled at her before kissing her cheek. The two looked around at the different boxes that were currently living on their floor. "Home, sweet home." Daniel said. Mia looked up at him before kissing him. The two kissed for a minute before pulling away and smiling at each other.

Daniel then heard his phone ringing. He pulled his phone out and saw it was Freya calling him. "Freya's calling me." Daniel said. Mia smiled before going to open more boxes. Daniel accepted the call. "Hey." Daniel said. "Hi. Klaus has officially lost it." Freya said on the other end. "What has he done now?" Daniel asked. "He's decided to compel the whole police department to track down Aurora. He threatening to throw the chief off the railing." Freya said. Daniel sighed. "I'll be there in a minute." Daniel said. Mia walked back in the room. "I need to go. Klaus is going crazy." Daniel said. Mia nodded. "Yeah, go." Mia said. Daniel smiled at her. "I'll be back soon so we can unpack together." Daniel said. He kissed her before vamp speeding out of his loft. Mia sighed before looking around the loft and smiling.

Later ~ Mikaelson Compound

Klaus is on the balcony overlooking the courtyard, where it initially seems as though he is speaking to someone standing next to him. "The taxpayers of New Orleans deserve a skilled Chief of Police." Klaus said. It is then revealed that Klaus is holding a man in a police uniform in a choke-hold off of the balcony with one hand while he sips a cup of coffee with the other. The police chief squirms and gasps for breath with a terrified look on his face. "How inept are you if not a single one of your men can locate the woman I seek?" Klaus asked. The police chief pleads with Klaus as he dangles over the courtyard floor.

"We're tryin'! She's a ghost!" The police chief said, which caused Klaus to sigh. "Aurora de Martel is rather petite and may indeed be able to slip through the cracks like a wicked little cricket, but she is not a ghost." Klaus said. Klaus smirks devilishly. "Not yet." Klaus said. Klaus leans forward so he can look the police chief straight in the eyes. "I think this city's finest could try a little bit harder, hmm?" Klaus asked. Footsteps can be heard approaching, and Klaus turns to see Freya, Daniel and Elijah walking toward him, looking at Klaus with exasperation. "I see we're in for another normal Mikaelson breakfast." Freya said. Elijah rolls his eyes and gives Klaus an incredulous look.

"Niklaus, for Heaven's sakes! Release the poor creature." Elijah said. The police chief whimpers and shakes his head frantically, but Klaus simply shrugs and drops the man, allowing him to fall onto the floor of the courtyard. Elijah and Freya both give Klaus hilariously exasperated looks, but Klaus simply smiles smugly at them. Daniel simply rolled his eyes at Klaus's childish behaviour. "That's not what I meant!" Elijah said. Klaus continues to smirk as he walks past Elijah into the upstairs living room. "He'll live! And he'll remember to do better." Klaus said. Elijah, Daniel and Freya roll their eyes and share an annoyed look before they follow him to continue their conversation.

"Is all this torture necessary?" Daniel asked. Klaus ignores this question and instead calls out into the hallway. "Where have you been?" Klaus called out. Marcel walks into the room and immediately looks annoyed at Klaus' tactless behavior before responding with a sarcastic comment. "I was making sure that the Strix and their witches are out trying to find your loony ex-girlfriend. Is that okay by you?" Marcel said. Elijah sighs and interrupts their fighting. "Gentlemen, please." Elijah said. "All of our heads are on the chopping block because he lost the one thing that can kill an Original." Marcel said annoyed.

Klaus gives Marcel an unamused look, and Freya interjects to defend him to Marcel. "It's not his fault that Cami was waving the white oak around like a kite, or that Aurora made a deal with one of your witches." Freya said. "Oh, yeah, it is--" Marcel said irritably but was cut off by Klaus standing to his feet and walking between them to break up their argument. "I'm quite capable of defending myself, thank you, Freya. What I cannot do is cast a spell to find Aurora." Klaus said. Klaus gives her a cold smile that says he's not pleased with her progress, or lack thereof. "In that respect, we're alike." Klaus said. Freya looks at him in anger and frustration, and even Marcel and Daniel roll their eyes at Klaus from behind them.

"Aurora is cloaked. Most likely by the very witch she killed. I have been working nonstop every day." Freya said. "Well, you've stopped working now, haven't you?" Klaus asked petulantly. Freya purses her lips angrily, but Klaus continues to poke at her. "Well, go on. On your way." Klaus said. Freya gives him a scathing look before she replies. "Do you talk to our other sister like this?" Freya asked. Klaus blanches, clearly guilty, and Freya gives him a cold look. "Didn't think so." Freya said. Freya turns and storms out of the room. Elijah looks as though he feels bad for her and tries to stop her. "Freya..." Elijah said. Elijah turns and gives Klaus a look before he changes the subject. "What do we know about this traitor in the Strix coven?" Elijah asked.

"Nothing. No one knows how Aurora got to her. No one knows where Aurora is. Our coven hit the same cloaking spell as Freya." Marcel said. Klaus makes a face at him. "Your coven? Making yourself quite comfortable with the Strix, aren't you?" Klaus asked. "Yeah. Yeah, to help you." Marcel said annoyed. Marcel goes to storm out of the room, but Klaus grabs him roughly by the arm and spins him so they're face to face. Daniel uses his magic to separate the two. "You're like children." Daniel said. "Any other news from your new BFFs you'd like to make us aware of?" Klaus asked.

Marcel glares at him, and Elijah rolls his eyes before he walks over and interrupts. "Niklaus. Why don't we reserve any malevolent intentions for ex-girlfriends?" Elijah asked. Marcel continues to scowl at Klaus as he yanks Klaus' hand off of him and turns to leave. "Well, in other news, I'm fully moved into my new house." Daniel said. "And it's right now I should be unpacking with my girlfriend but yet, I'm here. Dealing with all of this bullshit." Daniel said. "Not my fault." Klaus said, leaving the room. Daniel rolled his eyes. "Never is." Daniel muttered.

Later ~ Cami's Apartment

Hayley and Mia have just walked into Cami's apartment, where she's reading an old, yellowed book while an assortment of dark objects lay strewn across her coffee table. Hayley and Mia stop in the doorway between the living room and the kitchen and stare at her. "Your doorbell is broken downstairs." Hayley said. Cami turns to face her, looking unamused. "I keep forgetting to compel the shady landlord to fix it. Next time, text." Cami said. Cami shuts the book and walks toward Hayley and Mia until they're face-to-face. "You could get hurt, sneaking up on someone with a stockpile of dark objects." Cami said. Hayley isn't amused by her threats, and decides to give her a piece of her mind.

"Was it worth it? Risking the lives of, oh, every vampire in existence over your petty fight with Klaus?" Hayley asked. Cami rolls her eyes and walks past her to put her book on the shelf. "And here I thought this was a social call." Cami said. "More like a wake up call, Cami. You haven't been yourself lately, and in your less-than-sane moments, you have been putting the people that we care about in danger." Mia said. "See, I sort of thought I had proven myself. I did risk what was left of my life to save yours. And maybe what I need is some space-- to deal with this whole... I don't know, being dead, drinking blood, living forever..." Cami said.

Hayley rolls her eyes, though she knows Cami has a point, and Cami continues on. "If you have come to lecture me, save it. I have been lecturing myself for weeks." Cami said. Hayley sighs deeply and nods in agreement for a moment before she speaks. "You're right." Hayley said. Mia turns and picks up a jacket laying over the nearby chair. "Is this your coat? Great." Mia said. She shoves Cami's coat into Cami's chest. "You don't need a lecture, but we're gonna take your ass to school." Hayley said. Hayley and Cami walk past her and heads out the door, and Cami reluctantly follows her. Mia pulls out her phone and calls Daniel.

"Hey." Daniel said on the other end. "Hey. I need your help." Mia said. "With what?" Daniel asked. Mia sighed. "With Cami." Mia said. There was a pause on the other end. "Tell me where to meet you." Daniel said. "St. Anne's Church." Mia said. "Great. I'll see you there. Love you." Daniel said. "Love you too." Mia said before hanging up.

Later ~ St. Anne's Church

Hayley and Mia have just led Cami into the room that has become Marcel's fight gym, and Cami gives her a skeptical look as Hayley tosses her coat on the nearby bench press. Mia goes towards the cage in the middle of the room and unlocks it. "So this is you taking me to school?" Cami asked the pair. "There is a fight coming, Cami. That's what the prophecy says. And you're not gonna be much good to the home team if you're just standing around, waving a bunch of antiques." Hayley said. Cami rolls her eyes and scoffs as she pulls out what appears to be a small wooden box. "Huh. You see this? This will paralyze anyone who tries to attack me." Cami said.

"Great. But... then what? You need to learn how to defend yourself." Mia said. "Come on, Hayley, Mia, everyone knows a baby vamp is borderline useless. Even Josh could wipe the floors with me. I need these." Cami said. "We're not saying throw them away." Hayley said. Cami narrows her eyes at Hayley, not sure where she's going with this, and Hayley looks around the room before getting an idea on how to talk to her. "This used to be a church, right? And then it got condemned." Hayley said. Hayley starts to pace around the room while they talk. and Cami watches her impatiently.

"If Marcel hadn't seen the possibilities, someone would've bulldozed it and turned it into some generic chain store. It's still a church. But it's also something more. I'm a hybrid, but I'm also a mom. And a widow. And an Alpha. You are a psychologist. And a bartender. And, yes, you have some insane family legacy that comes with a bunch of cool toys, but..." Hayley said. Hayley walks over to Cami and stares at her with a serious expression, though it's clear that she does care about Cami's well-being. "If you don't embrace the fact that you're also a vampire now, you're gonna end up dead. For real, this time." Hayley said. Cami looks both annoyed and surprised by this response from Hayley.

"You know, I'm not used to being on the receiving end of solid advice." Cami said. "Well, you caught me on a good day." Hayley said. "So now what?" Cami asked. "Class is in session." A voice said. The three looked over and saw Daniel walking in. "You're gonna get in that ring and you're gonna try and punch Hayley." Mia said. Hayley walks over to where the equipment is held, and Cami smiles at her, visibly impressed by what the three are doing.

Later

Hayley and Cami are in the ring, where Cami has just lunged at Hayley to punch her in the face, though she dodges the first hit, blocks the second, and then trips Cami so that she falls against the chain-link fence wall. "Again." Mia said. Cami turns and swings at Hayley, who once again dodges her hit before vamp-speeding behind her and pinning Cami's arm behind her back for a moment before shoving her against the ring. "Again! Come on, post grad, you can do better than that." Daniel said. Cami, getting frustrated and aggressive now, lunges at Hayley at vampire-speed and goes to punch her, but Hayley swats her arm away and grabs her in a choke-hold, raising her up in the air before throwing her into the wall.

"Ah!" Cami exclaimed. "Again." Hayley said. Before Hayley can even react farther, Cami vamp-speeds toward Hayley, tackles her, flips them so that Hayley is on top, and then kicks her across the ring, where she's thrown against the wall and bounces down onto the floor. Rather than looking mad, Hayley actually looks impressed as she wipes the blood from her mouth and the two stand to their feet to catch their breath. "Oh, look at you. We keep that up, you might be giving Josh a run for his money." Mia said. Daniel laughed a little. "Definitely." Daniel said. Cami gives the couple a serious and appreciative look.

"Hey... Thanks for coming to find me today." Cami said. Hayley rolls her eyes as she wipes her bloody lips on her shirt-sleeve. "Oh, don't get all mushy on me. You're a bartender. You can thank us with a beer." Hayley said. "Deal." Cami said. Cami laughs, visibly happier than she was earlier, but their conversation is interrupted by the sound of Hayley's phone ringing. Hayley grabs her phone and answers it when she sees that it's Davina. "Hey." Hayley said. "Hayley, you have to listen to me. Aya's witches are coming to kill you." Davina said on the other end. "What?" Hayley asked. Before Hayley can even process this, the doors to the gym open as the Sisters walk into the room in a single-file line. Hayley's eyes widen at the sight of them, and she turns back to look at Cami, Mia and Daniel.

"Get out of here. Right now!" Hayley said. The new lead witch, a pale blonde, thrusts her hand out in front of her, which sends Hayley flying backward so hard that the back wall of the ring is completely knocked down as she lands on what used to be the sacristy. "Ah!" Hayley exclaimed. Cami looks horrified as Hayley rubs her side and groans. "Owww!" Hayley groaned. Daniel goes to attack but the witches use their magic to break his neck. The witch repeats the movement and sends Hayley flying against the back wall of the church until she bounces off onto the ground. Hayley's hybrid face comes out in anger as she tries to pull herself to her feet, but the Sister thrusts her palms downward to telekinetically pin Hayley face-down onto the floor. Cami vamp-speeds over to where her bag landed next to Hayley and pulls out the dark object from earlier, setting it on the ground in front of the blonde Sister.

The lid of the box spins, and the blonde Sister is immediately paralyzed by it long enough for Hayley to stumble to her feet. However, when a second Sister enters, Mia kicks her in the stomach hard while Hayley grabs some jump ropes from the wall, which she uses to strangle and snap the neck of the paralyzed witch. Unfortunately, a third Sister enters and casts a pain infliction spell on Cami that knocks her out before turning to Hayley and using their magic to break her bones one at a time. "AHHHH!" Hayley exclaimed. Suddenly, Hayley starts to choke as the witches use telekinesis to try to rip Hayley's heart out, which causes a bloody stain to appear on the front of her shirt before she falls to her knees and shrieks in pain. "AAAAAAH!" Hayley screamed out in pain.

The two remaining Sisters hold their hands out, one still breaking Hayley's bones while the other tries to remove her heart, but Hayley groans and pushes through it, accessing her hybrid powers as she stands up straight and steps toward them. However, they simply increase the potency of their spell, and Hayley falls to her knees in agony once again. One of them sees Mia going to attack. So, they use their magic to push her. This causes Mia to hit her head against the floor, knocking her unconscious. "Aaaah!" Hayley screamed. Furious at their attempt on her life, Hayley raises her voice to yell at them. "Oh... You want my heart? Then come and get it!" Hayley yelled. The witches continue to break Hayley's bones to cause her debilitating pain.

Suddenly, the Sisters are forced to stop their spell when they're suddenly overcome with pain just before they collapse onto the floor just like Davina did. Hayley gasps in relief and tries to catch her breath.

Later

Hayley is still recovering from the witches' attack when Aya suddenly strides into the room. Hayley rolls her eyes at the sight of her. "I thought I smelled arrogance." Hayley said. "I think you meant confidence. But I can understand how the uneducated are apt to confuse the two." Aya said smugly. "Yeah? You want to tell me what your dead-eyed drones want with my heart?" Hayley asked. "It's nothing personal. I just value my life above yours." Aya said. Aya rolls up her sleeve and lunges for Hayley to rip out her heart, but Hayley manages to spin away from her and dodge her attack just in time. She picks up a metal hand weight and backhands Aya across the face twice in a row with it. However, Aya manages to grab her in a choke-hold and slams her against the shelf of weights so hard that she's knocked out, but before Aya can rip out Hayley's heart, Marcel arrives, having recovered from his own snapped neck, and grabs her in a headlock while he pulls her hand away from Hayley.

"Aya, you take her heart, you start a war." Marcel said. Aya headbutts Marcel in the face and spins to get in a defensive position. "Don't let your association with werewolf trash cloud the opportunity before you." Aya said. She turns back to the still-unconscious Hayley, but a now awoken Daniel grabs a nearby bench-press bar and swings it at the middle of her back, knocking her down so hard that she collapses onto the floor. Daniel points the end of the bar at her chest. "The Mikaelsons will kill us before you can even light the candles on that spell!" Marcel said. Aya kicks the bar, which causes it to smack Daniel in the face and give her enough time to steal it away from him and use it as a weapon to hit him over the head before eventually using it to pin Marcel against the wall by the neck.

"There is no alternative." Aya said. Daniel uses his magic to pull Aya away from Marcel. "You're wrong. Give me a few hours to set this thing straight. Or push me out of the way and condemn yourself and everyone else in the Strix to a slow and painful death. I want to be de-linked just as much as you do. Give me the chance to do it the right way." Marcel said. Aya is clearly not pleased by Marcel's argument, but knows that he's right. "Bring me a solution by midnight, or I will rip out your heart right before I come back and take hers." Aya said. Aya glares at Marcel one last time before vamp-speeding away.

Later ~ Mikaelson Compound

The recently-recovered Hayley, Daniel, Mia and Elijah are in the courtyard with Klaus, where they're discussing what they've learned. Klaus is seated on the couch, while Hayley and Elijah pace anxiously around the room. Mia is stood with Daniel's arms around her waist from behind. "The attack was about breaking the sire link. Marcel told me that Aya's witches already have a spell to do it." Hayley said. "And how does your heart play into all of this?" Klaus asked. "She's the only un-sired vampire in history. Apparently, that's the key to making it work." Daniel said. "And yet, Marcel neglected to mention it this morning." Klaus said. Hayley shoots Klaus an irritated look. "Hey! Ease up. Him and Daniel saved me." Hayley said. Elijah looks at her with worry.

"But the Strix might yet come for you." Elijah said. "Let them. I'm not an easy target. They'd be better off trying to find some witchy workaround." Hayley said. Elijah looks over at Klaus, who looks concerned. "Unless they already have." Daniel realising what the workaround is. "They need my heart. Or one that's identical to it." Hayley said. Hayley and Elijah realize what is going on at the exact same time. "Jackson." Elijah said. Hayley closes her eyes and sighs deeply. "The Unification Ceremony didn't just marry us-- it also made his heart a mirror image of mine." Hayley said. Elijah and Klaus share a significant look, and pause for a moment, as it's clear that Klaus is about to make a tactless suggestion.

"We need to dig it up." Klaus said. Klaus stands to his feet, and Hayley gives him an exasperated look. "Klaus." Hayley said. "Aurora's bullet very nearly killed Elijah. When she returns-- and she will-- I would prefer the vampires of New Orleans be obligated to protect us. They'll be more likely to do so if our lives remain linked to theirs." Klaus said. Klaus rushes away, and Elijah gives Hayley a look that communicates he's not fond of the idea, but knows it needs to be done. "Niklaus is right. The sire-link has to remain unbroken. We have to go." Elijah said. Hayley looks unhappy and sighs in defeat.

Later ~ Jackson Square Park

Hayley looks devastated as she kneels in front of the sapling where she buried Jackson's heart, which has already been stolen by someone else. "Who would steal his heart?" Hayley asked. She stands to her feet, and her voice is thick with grief as she talks to Klaus, Daniel, Mia and Elijah, who stand behind her. "It was the only piece of Jackson that I had left." Hayley said. Elijah slowly walks over to Hayley to comfort her by rubbing her back. "We'll find who did this." Elijah said. "And return the favor tenfold." Klaus said. Hayley sighs as she and Elijah stare down at the dug-up hole where Jackson's heart was once buried. Daniel and Mia were stood off to the side, holding hands, watching the interaction. They both felt sympathy towards Hayley as she lost the last thing that was Jackson's.

Later ~ Daniel's Loft

Daniel was opening one final box. He opened it to see all of his different souvenirs throughout the years. He pulled out an old grimoire he got in 1873. He flicked through the pages and looked at the familiar spells. He then pulled out a woven bracelet, make from black leather lace. He remembered getting this in the 60s. He placed the bracelet around his wrist before looking further in the box. He saw a picture at the bottom. He picked it up and saw that it was him with his brothers, Damon and Stefan. He smiled sadly at the picture before putting it down. He took everything else out quickly yet carefully and folded the box.

"Finished." Daniel said. He looked around his newly furnished loft and smiled. He felt two arms wrap around him. He looked to his side to see Mia resting her chin on his shoulder. "What do you think?" Daniel asked. Mia looked up at him from where her head was rested. "I think that it's perfect." Mia said. Daniel smiled and kissed the side of her head. "I should hope so. This is our home and I want it to be perfect." Daniel said. Mia walked in front of him. "I don't care if we were living in the church attic. As long as I'm with you, anywhere we live is perfect." Mia said. Daniel smiled at her before kissing her. 
He pulled away and rested his forehead against hers, their noses brushing against each other. "I love you, so much." Daniel said. Mia smiled. "I love you too. With all my heart." Mia said. The two kissed again, enjoying the start of their lives together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.9K 615 16
What happens when an Original Immortal Tribrid suddenly finds himself in the world of Twilight without a clue of what brought him here? Trying to ada...
3.1K 117 15
Hope Mikaelson was scarred for life after seeing her father as the monster everyone said he was. The memory was burned in her mind and she longed for...
14.2K 246 21
What if Niklaus Mikaelson had a daughter before Hope? Who is she? How old is she? How does she cope with New Orleans? How does she cope with a new si...