HAPPINESS I'VE BEEN LOOKING F...

By Le0naShah

14 years old girl living with her foster parent but they never cared for her once. She was force to be grown... More

Character background
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100!

Chapter 95

722 23 14
By Le0naShah

The next morning came,

The Olsen- Stan house is eerily quiet and it is so uncomfortable for them because they don't like the silence at all.

The silence is just like how Elia was when they first came to Atlanta.

Last night, after the argument, everyone went back to their home. Well, Scarlett and Chris were just next door.

Lizzie and Sebby just clean themselves up for the night and before going to bed, they tried to talk to Elia but as usual, Elia locks her bedroom door indicating that she doesn't want to talk to either of them.

Lizzie just painfully takes it as long as she knows where her daughter is.

So, this morning, on breakfast, Elia was the first one to be in the kitchen, well in the backyard that connected to the kitchen because she was leaning on the sliding door, watching Luna playing in the backyard.

She can't sleep. Like usual. With all of the mixed emotions hitting her, it makes it harder to fall asleep so she goes downstairs at 4 am.

Today's probably gonna be another busy day. 4 days left until Isa comes and they'll start filming for their part in the movies.

Costume fittings, going through script, wardrobe, makeup and wigs. Whether a wig or she colored her hair but that has to be determined by her parents of course. But now that they are in an argument, it seems like she'll wear a wig.

And then there's Cardan. Hopefully he was there at the set today because she enjoys talking to him and just in his presence. She actually feels like she could help Cardan to find the light in his life again. She wants to do that for him but she was scared that Cardan's not gonna be friends with her anymore because of her parents.

"Morning"

A sudden voice from behind made her almost jump, startling her but luckily she wasn't. And instead of replying to the morning greets, she just ignores it.

She knows that her father greets her since he always gets downstairs first to prepare breakfast for his 2 best girls while her Mama gets ready for the day or helps Elia to get ready for the day.

"Come on Babe, I can't bear the silent treatment. I've had enough for 2 months of it back then" Seb said but Elia just keeps on ignoring her father.

"You do know we want the best for you right? We'll always want the best for you and would always protect you from anything that could harm you. It's what parents do" Seb continues.

Elia just takes a deep breath upon hearing it.

Here we go again.

"You're more concerned about Cardan being my friend rather than you hurting me already with your actions" Elia speaks coldly, still looking out at the backyard.

"Eli, other than what had happened between us and the boys, have we ever told you that we're gonna send you back? That we don't want you anymore? Have we ever shown that to you? And when we're with the boys, have we ever completely ignored you? This is just your feelings Elia. I'm not blaming your past for this that you've been so guarded up with everyone now but that is just your feelings, Sweetheart. Baby, I know this is harsh but if we don't want you anymore, we'll never care where you're going, or how your Mama will let you go for a run yesterday late at night. It sounds selfish because neither of us want to lose you ever" Sebastian exclaims as he pulls Elia, turning her to face him in the eyes so that she could see the sincerity in his eyes and his words.

And of course Elia could see it. She knows it but that doesn't mean she can't help to overthink it. She never had this. A parent in her life. Of course when she gets it, she'll be more careful as to not ruin the chances that she got.

But with all of the emotions going on, she also can't help to let her emotions get the best of her

"I know but it still hurts me," Elia said coldly.

"It does hurt, I know that because as much as it's hurting you, it's hurting me and Mama too knowing we're the reason you're hurting over and over again."

"I don't want you guys to feel guilty about this. I don't want you guys to be worried till no end because it'll make me feel bad no matter what you convince me of 'it's the reality of being a parent' of. I'm just tired. This emotions are getting the best of me and I can't control it" Elia exclaimed

"Because you never had any chance to carry such a big emotion like this, am I right?" Sebastian prompted

Elia just nodded her head while sighing. Of course her parents know it too.

"Forgive your Mama and I for being too protective over their one and only daughter, would you?" Seb asks softly.

"Of course I'm gonna forgive you both. You're my Mama and Papa. The person that I'll always want to be by my side always and forever" Elia exclaimed, mumbling quietly, looking down at the floor as she can't confront her father straight in the eyes. "And forgive me for being 'teenagers' that you did not expect me to be"

Seb just snorted his laugh

"And Cardan's my friend," Elia insists. She'll be friends with Cardan and defends him always even though she just met yesterday. She knows there'll still be lots of things she'll get to know about Cardan but she's comfortable with him as it is.

Seb just sighed in response.

"I wanna know Cardan. I wanna know more about him. I wanna meet him, maybe have coffee with him or tea? I don't know what he drinks" Seb informs and Elia was about to argue but Seb just cut his daughter off "This is what parents do. Not just with Cardan. With everyone you meet in the future too. Every single one of your friends gotta meet me and your uncles too. Girls or boys. No exceptional"

Elia just sighs and rolled her eyes annoyingly at her father

"I'm seriously concerned about my future lover"

"Oh Baby, you'll give your Mama and Papa grey hairs soon"

-/-

On breakfast, Elia didn't even budge to talk with her mother despites she's forgiven them, this is not her usual self still. She's not talkative like how she was to her parents.

Sebastian did explain to Lizzie what he's been discussing with Elia this morning before breakfast. Sebastian told her that their daughter is carrying a lot of emotions right now and as much as they want to help her, they had to let her feel those emotions too rather than pushing it aside. They'll keep an eye on Elia, there's no doubt they won't but they will also let Elia handle her big emotions that she's carrying for the first time and they'll intervene if it makes Elia's a mess.

They go to the set right after breakfast

And the parents are immediately busy with their scenes, Elia too was busy with going through her script with her acting coach that her parents hired for her.

And it is now 6 pm.

Elia was genuinely tired and she hasn't seen her parents yet because when she's free, her parents are filming, when her parents are free, she isn't. So the schedules are engaged right now between them and it didn't make it easy for the parents to keep an eye on their daughter. Though Sophia did give the parents updates about Elia.

Elia is just done with her PT training online session with Dr. Murphy today and she's doing a lot better. Though there are some complications and Dr. Murphy saw Elia's mood today is kinda sour and her face trying to hide whatever emotions she's feeling right now which is not good.

"Do you wanna have a session with Dr. Beatrice?" and Elia just shakes her head and smiles at Murphy which again, not convincing the doctor but she can't do anything about it other than informing the parents about their daughter.

So, Elia makes her way to the communal area, like usual to find anyone. She doesn't know why she's not looking forward to seeing her parents right now. And to be honest, she doesn't want to even bother meeting anyone actually but she knows if she keeps on being with only her mind, she'll make things worse, so she goes to find someone else.

And luck within her side today, Cardan bumped into her when she's making her way to the communal area.

She could see Cardan's face lit up with a smirk and she felt like Cardan was looking at her the way Isa saw her every time.

Elia also could feel her face was smiling so big right now, making her cheeks hurt.

"Olsen" Cardan greets, walking to her

"Romano" Elia said, with a smirk on her face too. "Didn't expect to see you here today"

"I wasn't expecting myself either but since I have a friend now, why not spend time with her right?"

"Charming. That's your nickname now" Elia said laughing.

Cardan just huffed out his laugh. Clearly controlling his masculinity.

But Elia and Cardan didn't have the time to continue their teasing and banter because they were cut off by Elia's line of over-protectiveness, uncles and also her Papa.

"Romano boy!" Mackie said yelling and even though he's an actor, everyone knows that yelling is a fake happy tone.

They all walk to Elia and Cardan and Cardan could hear Elia taking a sharp intake of breath and exhaling tiredly.

"Hey Ells, you're done with your PT?" Papa asks her as he snatched Elia, tugging her on his side protectively.

"Yeah," Elia replies quietly.

"Come on, we're gonna go to the Communal Area." Downey said, walking further "Come on Cardan. You too, Come along, boy"

Elia just huffed but just went along with her father and uncles. There are Downey, Ruffalo, Renner, Uncle Chrissy, Uncle Hemmy, Uncle Rudd and Uncle Mackie.

This is gonna be fun....

-/-

When they got to the Communal Area, the room was empty. Her Mama and Scarly must've been still filming

The gentleman was now sitting in front of Cardan and Elia, staring at the poor boy.

"I'm not her boyfriend, you know that right?" Cardan starts to break the uncomfortable staring and silence.

"Oh no, we'll do this for every single person who'll be friends with her. Her future lover/ partner will be dealing it in more intense way" Evans states

"Fair enough" Cardan response and he then turns to Elia "I'll be sending my prayer for your future boyfriend"

Elia just rolled her eyes annoyingly at him and the gentleman in front of her.

"So, full name?" Uncle Downey prompts

"Uh, Cardan Romano?" He replies unsure

"Date of birth?"

"5th April"

And Elia immediately looked at him in shock. No, everyone was looking at him in shock. What the hell is this? As Elia thought to herself. This can't be right. She might not be hearing this right but then she saw everyone was looking at her worriedly except for Cardan who was looking at her confusedly.

"What is happening? Is something wrong?" Cardan asks curiously

He didn't know what was happening but he knows for sure there is something wrong when he said his date of birth

"Nothing. Just remind me of someone I know. He shared the same birthday with you" Elia replied, snapping out of her trance and clearing her throat and Cardan immediately knew who it was so he just shut his mouth.

"So, how old are you exactly?" Sebastian asks

"17, Sir"

"So you have your license already?"

"I have but can't drive because my dad- well you know why" Cardan said uncomfortably and the others immediately felt sorry for him. They didn't think the questions through obviously.

There are 2 reasons why his father didn't let him drive. One because he's a drug addict and two he was also the survivor from the car accident he had with his mom so it's obvious that Arvio is protective about him driving because he can't lose his son.

"So, who's your favorite Avengers?" That would obviously be from Uncle Downey. He just wants to cut the tension in the air.

"To be honest, it was Bucky Barnes. Not the Winter Soldier but Bucky Barnes" Cardan replied, smiling softly over the facts.

And once again Elia had to control her breathing because this just keeps on getting more accurate for the certain someone she's missing and it's hard right now.

Elia could see her father making a small smile but then cover it up with his stone cold face for Cardan to be intimidated.

"Are you trying to impress the father now, buddy?" Uncle Renner prompts.

"No, I'm being honest actually. I love Marvel because of Bucky and that's the reason why my dad starts sponsoring Marvel" Cardan replied

Everyone was impressed by Arvio's action. He's such a loving father even after his wife died. He takes good care of Cardan even though Cardan falls into darkness.

He didn't kick him out, he knows he can but he couldn't. That's his heir, his legacy and more importantly that was his son with the love of his life.

Arvio didn't give up on Cardan and that's what makes Cardan feel guilty for whatever had happened to him. Cardan falls into drugs, but he never once was a brat to his father other than when he's high on pills. But he only took pills when he misses his Mama so fucking much.

He just wants the pain to be gone for a while.

-/-

After the gentlemen were done with their interrogation session with Cardan, they decided that he's actually a good boy that just falls into the darkness with the wrong purpose.

Sebastian pulls him away from the crowd for a moment after that and gives him a lot of threats and promises that he'll let Elia be friends with him but if he's as much as getting high in front of his daughter, he'll never allow Elia to meet him anymore.

They are now just chilling in the Communal Area with a bunch of eye looking, watching over Cardan and Elia. They can't go anywhere if the usher isn't with them.

"You look like shit, you know that right?" Cardan said, pointing at Elia's eyebag and her face was tired as hell.

"Geez, what a way to compliment a girl" Elia responded

"I don't think that people now use the words 'shit' as a way to compliment someone. Do you need your head checked out, Olsen?" Cardan said straightforward but with his stupid smirks.

"I am seriously reconsidering my options to make you as my friends"

"You can't take that back Elia. Trust me, I've tried"

And Elia just looked at him, studied his face and he meant every word of it.

"Yeah, me too. Guess we're stuck with each other huh" Elia said, whispering and smiling softly at him making Cardan turn to her and smile in return, again, his eyes were sparkling.

"Yup. We're so stuck with each other I guess"

-/-

Their friendship grows beautifully day by day.

Yeah it's just been 4 days since they started to talk with each other.

Elia and her parents are still cold though. She's really acting like a teenager right now. She hasn't talked to them properly yet. Just answering some questions here and there. Elia didn't sleep with her parents which makes it obviously difficult because Elia's not sleeping well.

She hates it.

Isaac is coming today which Elia was excited about to see him again. She wants to introduce Isaac with Cardan. She had told Isaac about Cardan and at first Isaac was giving Elia an earful about it but Elia has her way to make Isa listen to her.

And then to top it all off, tomorrow is Elia and Isaac's first day of filming. It'll only take 3 days of filming based on the schedule and no one from the cast will see them as it was a surprise end credit scene for everyone. But they'll be Florence Pugh and Hailee Steinfeld on the end credit scenes though.

As Elia was now waiting for the time to pass by to pick up Isa from the airport, she was genuinely tired by the sleep deprivation.

She still remembers her conversation with Cardan yesterday.

"You should really get some sleep before the big day, Elia" Cardan states as he looks at Elia's sleep deprivation state worsen

"I tried to sleep Cardan, but I can't close my eyes without a single glimpse of nightmares" Elia said defeatedly

"My dad still helped me from my nightmares" Cardan informs

"There's another reason too that I can't sleep" Elia mumbles quietly

And Cardan knows what she's saying.

"You can be mad at them and you can be needy with them at the same time too. They love you and they won't say anything about it. Sometimes, you'll have to be selfish for your needs too. And I'm sure your needy is gonna reduce an every once in a while worried glances from your parents"

"Just take some rest will you?" Cardan said, almost like he's pleading. He's concerned about his friends.

So Elia thought why not take his advice for her own benefits right?

She goes downstairs to find that her parents are cuddling on the couch, Papa watching football on TV and Mama was probably reading some books.

This is what they do in their free time. Except Elia was missing and now Elia goes to them, sitting in the middle of the parents, leaning into her Mama, taking both parents by surprise at the sudden snuggles and cuddles but you will not see them complaining at all.

Lizzie and Sebastian just look at their daughter and at each other, smiling, looking at how cute Elia was right now.

"Don't say anything. I'm tired and I need sleep for my big day tomorrow. And I need you right now" Elia said, mumbling on the last part making the parents' hearts melt at that. "No. I'll need you forever"

Lizzie and Sebastian just kissed the top of Elia's head. Mama's patting Elia's bum, Papa's rubbing Elia's back softly, a coax that always manages to get Elia to sleep. In addition to Mama's soft humming of Elia's favorite lullaby, You are my Sunshine, My only Sunshine. 

------------ 

I did Cardan's character and D.O.B on purpose. I know. I did that on purpose...  Oh and guys we are nearing chapter 97........... Buckle up........ 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.4K 758 27
13 year old Y/N was put into a foster care system after their parents passed away in a car accident. Y/N Foster Parents are alcoholics and abused y/n...
46.4K 1.2K 13
Charlotte, A 4 year old girl, her mother was killed in front of her by her father and straight after her father shot himself when she was just 2 year...
312K 7.8K 150
Rhislette and her twin brother Harrison were given to a family when they were 1 and a half. Except that adoption never went thru. When Scarlett and...
98.6K 3.2K 70
You're whole world changed You had a somewhat normal life. You lived with you're dad after you're ' amazing childhood' and now you're 15. It's been...