The King's Aphrodite: A Haiky...

By vaegeukies

⎯⎯⎯ ❛THE KING'S APHRODITE❜ IN WHICH, Kageyama Tobio meets his senpai named Yachi Haruto ... More

𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐒
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐇
Chapter 01: Midnight Blue
Chapter 02: Confession
Chapter 03: Loyal Knight
Chapter 04: In Trouble
Chapter 05: Romantic
Chapter 06: Unexpected Visitor
Chapter 07: Aoba Johsai
Chapter 08: Arrangement
Chapter 09: Lucky Bastard
Chapter 10: Fangirls
Chapter 11: Jealous
Chapter 12: Come Over
Chapter 13: Slowly
Chapter 14: Guardian Deity
Chapter 15: Favorite Kageyama
Chapter 17: Practice
Chapter 18: Possessive
Chapter 19: Fruity
Chapter 20: Number 13
Chapter 21: Setter
Chapter 22: Sakai Emi
Chapter 23: Points
Chapter 24: Lose
Chapter 25: Math
Chapter 26: Last Point
Chapter 27: Alone
Chapter 28: Catching Up
Chapter 29: Forgiveness

Chapter 16: Stubborn Ace

1.2K 57 3
By vaegeukies

'STOP PANICKING HARUTO YOU LITERALLY DECIDE THIS YOURSELF.'

Haruto panicked in silence as he stood outside the 3rd year classroom. He tried his best to reach for the door handle but his hands just froze in place.

'GODDDAMMITT WHY DO THIRD YEAR CLASSROOMS FEELS SO INTIMIDATING!?!?!?!?'

"Yachi?" He heard a soft voice call out his name. He looked to the side to see Sugawara also coming to Asahi's class.

"Ah! Suga-san!" He quickly placed his frozened arm down and faced the third year boy.

"What are you doing here?" He asked as he played with his messy highlighted hair.

"I came here to try and talk to Asahi." He said while pointing at the door. "I guess you were thinking of doing the same thing huh?" He gave a breathy chuckle.

"Ah yeah, but I guess that now you're here doing it I'll just leave it to you!" He slowly started walking backwards aways from the class and Suga.

"You're closer to Azumane so I'm sure he'll probably listen to you more."

Suga's smile flattened for a bit then suddenly came back up. "Nonsense Yachi-san, come with me. The more people to convince him the better!"

He grabbed the middle blockers wrist and pulled him in the classroom, a small wave of anxiety rushed over the boy as the third years in the room turned over to see who entered.

"Asahi." Suga called out, walking toward the ace's desk dragging along Haruto.

The said Ace looked up from his desk, looking somewhat surprised to see the two. "Oh hey Suga, Yachi. What are you two doing here?"

The setter took in a breath before looking Asahi in the eye, "Please come back to the team Asahi. Noya's suspension is done, he's coming back."

"Ah well that's good!" Asahi smiled, "It would be reassuring to have him behind you."

"The same would go for you." Haruto spoke, surprising the two third years, which immediately sent him back to a nervous state. "Ah I–I mean, everyone would always feel reassured when you called for a toss."

He gave a sad smile and waved his hand, "I really appreciate the thought of you two but honestly I'll just be holding the team back." He chuckled.

Suga slammed his hands on the desk making the two around him jump. "Just hear me out! We have two amazing first years who are a genius setter and a good decoy. You won't have to carry the whole burden anymore."

Haruto nodded and looked towards the brunette, "We have new tactics too! If we have you and Noya back on the team we won't be a fallen school anymore! No one would call us the wingless crows!"

"Azumane!"

The three turned around to see another third year at the door. "It's time for career counseling!"

'Goddamn timing is so bad in this cruel world.'

He began to stand up and walk out of the class. "Sorry Suga, Yachi." He began to walk out, the two others quickly following.

"Azumane common!" Haruto yelled as he danced on to the frame of the door. Immediately noticing an all too familiar carrot top and blue eyes.

"Azumane?" They both repeated as they turned to look at the brunette.

"Yeah?"

"Tobio! Sho! What are you guys doing up here?!" Haruto scolded.

"Ah well, Hinata, wanted to come see the Ace." Kageyama stated as Hinata hid behind the setter.

"Well Kageyama agreed to it." Hinata spat back. "Ah Asahi, these are the two first years I was talking about!" Suga said delightedly, hoping showing them to Asahi might make him join.

The two first years stiffen up and bowed slightly, "Afternoon."

"These guys have a freak quick attack! I'm sure you'll like it if you see it!" Haruto said while wrapping his arms around the two young boys.

"I see." Is all he said and smiled. He placed his hands on either one of their shoulders. Haruto began getting his hopes up.

'COME ON COME ON COME ON!'

"I wish you both the best of luck." he said with a gentle smile.

Hinata tilted his head in confusion, "Aren't you gonna come? I want to be the Ace, so I have to see the Ace in action!"

"Asahi, the teacher's waiting for you." The Ace turned around one last time and gave a gentle sad smile.

"Sorry. But I'm no ace."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

"ROLLING THUNDER!"

"PFFF." Haruto fell to the floor holding his stomach as he began to laugh.

"Uh, nice receive?" Suga said, unsure of what to say, meanwhile Tanaka was also laughing along with some of the second and first years.

All was interrupted once Takeda entered "Great news guys, I got an announcement!"

"I assume you all are doing the Golden Week training camp too right?" Takeda asked as the team gathered around.

Daichi nodded in response, "Yeah, we need all the training we can get."

"In that case, on the last day of the camp." Takeda began, leaving the team in suspense and wonder.

"I GOT US A PRACTICE MATCH!"

The whole team's face lit up in excitement and awe. "Geez Takeda you're really pulling your weight!" Tanaka complimented.

"Who are we playing?" Suga asked as he approached. "With an old school rival! Nekoma."

"Oh yeah we heard about them alot!" Tanaka stated.

"Our old coach and their coach were rivals."

"Yeah yeah, we used to play against them all the time!" Haruto added.

"Oh yeah!" Suga chimed in remembering the events, "It would always be called the Cats vs Crows, The Trashcan Showdown!"

"How did you even manage to get a practice match with them?" Daichi asked, stepping closer to Takeda.

"Ah, I'll explain that later! What really matters is that you all finally have a practice match. And hopefully he'll finally make a move, if we're playing Nekoma.'' he finished off in a low voice, only audible to those close by.

Who happened to be Daichi, Suga and Haruto.

"Alright let's do a lot of practice up till the game and not let the match go to waste!" The advisor spoke once more before leaving.

"Right!"

Haruto watched as Nishinoya walked up to the captain and began to talk. Being the chismoso he was, scooted closer to the two to ease the drop.

"Hey Daichi, sorry I'm not gonna be able to go to the practice game."

'He's really not gonna come?'

"Don't get me wrong I love to come here and practice." he continued as he walked over to the ball bin and picked up a volleyball.

"If I was there and we were to win the practice match.. it felt like we were proving we don't need Asahi."

Haruto sighed, he really wanted his best friend to come, but it's not like he could really force him unless he wanted to get hit in the face or yelled at.

Both of the second year's heads perked up when Daichi began to chuckle.

"That's fine, understood. But I still want you to come to the training camp with us."

Harutp smiled to himself. 'Well if he was at the camp, it would definitely be more fun.' He looked back down onto the ground.

'I should try talking to Azumane again.'

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

'YOU DID THIS ONCE HARU. YOU CAN DO IT AGAIN!'

The middle blocker once again stood outside Asahi's classroom. Unfortunately freezing up again since this time he was alone.

"Haruto?" He heard a familiar deep voice. He quickly turns to the side to see his partner and Hinata.

"Oh thank God you two are here." He sighed out as he held onto both of their shoulders.

"Here to convince Azumane to come back too?" The middle blocker chuckled out. Hinata quickly nodded his head with a smile.

"Yeah I want Ace back! Someone who can show me how I need to be to become the Ace!"

Haruto gave a soft smile and slapped his back, "Well what are you waiting for to get him out here!" Hinata winced from the pain and slowly walked to the door.

"You're too scared to walk in there huh?" Haruto basically heard Kageyama smirk. "Shut up!" The middle blocker quickly turned around and jabbed the side of his stomach.

'Thankyou Suga–san for the lessons.'

Hinata basically dragged Asahi out of the classroom. "You guys are really persistent huh?"

"You better believe it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.1K 1.2K 20
When aligned with your soulmate, your love child will appear. Whether you're destined to be with a boy, girl, or nonbinary, it doesn't matter. Your l...
106K 3.2K 31
♚Kageyama Tobio x Male Reader♔ "Why do you keep calling him king?" "Because he rules the court like a king." "𝐈𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐨𝐬�...
148K 3.4K 43
kageyama x tsukishima fanfic (complete) kagetsukki ship tsukishima kei knows about kageyama tobio's crush on him but takes no action on it; he just c...
65.1K 1.4K 36
You're a member of the girl's volleyball club at Karasuno high. Your deskmate is Kageyama Tobio and during a practice match he starts to develop feel...